Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
User avatar
King-Eliagh
Fabricator of "Evidence"
Posts: 13662
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Afl 2019 Alert: Low Scoring BOGS

Post by King-Eliagh » Wed May 01, 2019 11:16 am

:salute:
Last edited by King-Eliagh on Wed May 01, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?

User avatar
King-Eliagh
Fabricator of "Evidence"
Posts: 13662
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by King-Eliagh » Wed May 01, 2019 11:17 am

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:47 am
Lol KE educating the poor uneducated southern folk . .
You should get paid for doing it or is it because you're just a Good Samaritan ?

:lol:

Whenever I can I just try to help those in need.

It’s rewarding but it would be nice to receive a thankyou every now and then tho.

Nlol? A lil thanks?

:lol:


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6671
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by NlolRL » Wed May 01, 2019 11:29 am

King-Eliagh wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:38 am
NlolRL wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:18 pm
King-Eliagh wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:26 pm
Ok nlol, seeing as I’ve proven you’ve failed abysmally and provided a completely invalid conclusion, I’m gunna teach you how to use an equation to make a valid conclusion when comparing two different things ie Afl and nrl blowouts.

Listen closely now because the maths I’m gunna teach you is above year five level :lol: it’s called algebra :lol:

Now what you’re gunna have to do to determine blowouts across the code is first agree on a relative time of the match to begin measurement. Let’s use three quarter time in the Afl and it’s equivalent in nrl. I think we can all agree that if, after three quarters of footy in both codes, that a team has pretty much Buckley’s chances of coming back then it’s fair enough to call it a blowout if that team doesn’t really make a dent or gets thrashed by even more at f/t.

So Before I go further and explain to you how we can measure the Afl or (x) versus the nrl or (y) I need to be sure you’re with me at this point. Cause, god forbid, I’m not about to explain and teach this to someone incapable of understanding.
:)
I disagree. If a side hasnt scored more than 1 try up until 3/4 time they may have the potential to score 1 or 2 in the last quarter but that means stuff all if they havent to that point.

In soccer a 3-0 scoreline should be seen as one-sided, but of course 3 goals COULD be scored in 3 minutes. But to suggest the game is still on the line with 20 minutes to go is pure BS. The games are low scoring for a reason, because it's highly unlikely they will score that in a short space of time

Fail......
:lol: can you re-read and re-post something that makes sense? :lol: you didnt even wait for my calculations to decipher what the actual chances are of a team coming back from whatever deficit at three quarter time.

But in any case it appears you are understanding that it is difficult to compare apples and oranges and that your attempt was a mammoth fail. :wink: So well done on that front nlol =D

Now lemme explain how i decipher a blowout for an individual code like afl.

Firstly i use my experience as a player and viewer of the game. I know exactly what a blowout is but to prove it i need to use a bit of simple maths.

Firstly i take a score i know to be difficult to overcome. Let’s say a five goal lead at three quarter time. To validate this hypothesis i then go back and look at recent games (a bare minimum of 10) in the afl where teams were behind by five goals at three quarter time. I then assess how many of those teams were able to come back from this deficit. If its say one out of twenty we can say that, from the data gathered, there’s a very small five percent chance of the comeback. Then to assess actual blowouts i would look at the games where teams are five goals or more down at three quarter time and, if a team is unable to gain more than one goal in the final quarter we can safely say that that game was pretty bloody boring for a significant portion of the game ie a lopsided, a blowout etc.

This is how i do it for afl, based on real experience and valid mathematical reasoning.

Now can you do the same for rugby league dear nlol? Then, and only then, will we get somewhere in comparing. I’m happy to assist you with an initial experience based benchmark for the NRL re what is a very difficult score to come back from at the 60minute mark. Save you some time you know :)
If you've got a valid method with figures then provide them. The last 10 games isnt a decent sample. I provided figures for the last 50 games

I've only asked numerous times.... :wave:



User avatar
King-Eliagh
Fabricator of "Evidence"
Posts: 13662
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by King-Eliagh » Wed May 01, 2019 11:42 am

I already provided them in another’s thread. Do keep up nlol, I’ve also already rubbished the validity of your crumby figures. You completely wasted ur time presenting them and, in your previous post you even demonstrated their invalidity :lol:

So probably best not to refer to your crumby research...ever again :lol:


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?

User avatar
King-Eliagh
Fabricator of "Evidence"
Posts: 13662
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by King-Eliagh » Wed May 01, 2019 11:44 am

I’ll provide more data as things progress. Don’t you worry. In the mean time have another look at the opening post. You happy with the amount of low scoring teams this season so far? And all these low scoring teams and lopsided matches whilst the Afl have spent a shitload on analysing and changing the rules to create higher scoring games :lol:


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6671
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by NlolRL » Wed May 01, 2019 11:49 am

King-Eliagh wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:42 am
I already provided them in another’s thread. Do keep up nlol, I’ve also already rubbished the validity of your crumby figures. You completely wasted ur time presenting them and, in your previous post you even demonstrated their invalidity :lol:

So probably best not to refer to your crumby research...ever again :lol:
You didnt provide stats, you provided opinions. Feck off



User avatar
King-Eliagh
Fabricator of "Evidence"
Posts: 13662
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by King-Eliagh » Wed May 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Don’t lie nlol. I provided figures detailing that a very low percentage of Afl teams have come back from a three goal deficit with 17mins. I’ve also provided figures detailing how many teams have been unable to make 10 goals this season.

You’ve provided completely invalid differentials in a despo attempt to make the nrl look more lopsided than the Afl. I then smashed ur research as invalid. Then I taught you how you could develop something that’s valid.

That’s what’s happened here and look I understand you might be disappointed. Ur lil research got smashed and it was a waste of time. When ur emotions have settled and ur ready to make a contribution come back and do so. Till then, this is my thread and I suggest you take a lil rest, make a warm milo, relax and return when the clouds have settled. :lol: I’ll be providing weekly updates in here on the afls progress in their attempts at ... “equalisation” :lol:


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6671
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by NlolRL » Wed May 01, 2019 1:05 pm

King-Eliagh wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:04 pm
Don’t lie nlol. I provided figures detailing that a very low percentage of Afl teams have come back from a three goal deficit with 17mins. I’ve also provided figures detailing how many teams have been unable to make 10 goals this season.

You’ve provided completely invalid differentials in a despo attempt to make the nrl look more lopsided than the Afl. I then smashed ur research as invalid. Then I taught you how you could develop something that’s valid.

That’s what’s happened here and look I understand you might be disappointed. Ur lil research got smashed and it was a waste of time. When ur emotions have settled and ur ready to make a contribution come back and do so. Till then, this is my thread and I suggest you take a lil rest, make a warm milo, relax and return when the clouds have settled. :lol: I’ll be providing weekly updates in here on the afls progress in their attempts at ... “equalisation” :lol:
I cant remember these figures. Please privide them again KE :salute:



User avatar
King-Eliagh
Fabricator of "Evidence"
Posts: 13662
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by King-Eliagh » Wed May 01, 2019 3:49 pm

I posted it in a discussion that was directly responding to you dear nlol. I’m afraid I don’t go running round after my pupils. You gotta fix the ol memory there or track back in one of the other threads inspired by the Afl Friday fizzer nlol. It was recent so you shouldn’t have much trouble.

But rest assured I will be doing more research on the topic soon for your and the members benefit so please, do stay tuned :)


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6671
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by NlolRL » Wed May 01, 2019 3:50 pm

King-Eliagh wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:49 pm
I posted it in a discussion that was directly responding to you dear nlol. I’m afraid I don’t go running round after my pupils. You gotta fix the ol memory there or track back in one of the other threads inspired by the Afl Friday fizzer nlol. It was recent so you shouldn’t have much trouble.

But rest assured I will be doing more research on the topic soon for your and the members benefit so please, do stay tuned :)
This is YOUR thread KE. If you cant find your own data dont blame me



User avatar
King-Eliagh
Fabricator of "Evidence"
Posts: 13662
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by King-Eliagh » Wed May 01, 2019 5:13 pm

:lol: don’t you dare take that tone with me pupil! You’ll never learn until you respect those who know better than you. Pickup yer game! This is MY thread, I posted the data you are looking for in another thread that was directly in discussion with you. If you are suffering from dementia that’s ok but it’s not my problem. It’s not up to me to remind you. Please go and look for it again. Until then stop spamming my thread with ur useless posts.

Warm regards,
KING


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6671
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by NlolRL » Wed May 01, 2019 5:19 pm

King-Eliagh wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:13 pm
:lol: don’t you dare take that tone with me pupil! You’ll never learn until you respect those who know better than you. Pickup yer game! This is MY thread, I posted the data you are looking for in another thread that was directly in discussion with you. If you are suffering from dementia that’s ok but it’s not my problem. It’s not up to me to remind you. Please go and look for it again. Until then stop spamming my thread with ur useless posts.

Warm regards,
KING
Im happy to continue this discussion but it wont be going much further without data....... :wave:



User avatar
King-Eliagh
Fabricator of "Evidence"
Posts: 13662
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by King-Eliagh » Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 pm

So thus far I think we can all agree, given the data from the first six rounds, that we can safely say that the afls new rules aiming at higher scoring and “equalisation” :lol: are, well, it’s not really working is it


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6671
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Melbourne Demons
Location:
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by NlolRL » Thu May 02, 2019 7:54 am

King-Eliagh wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 pm
So thus far I think we can all agree, given the data from the first six rounds, that we can safely say that the afls new rules aiming at higher scoring and “equalisation” :lol: are, well, it’s not really working is it
What data? I cant see any data :drunk:



User avatar
King-Eliagh
Fabricator of "Evidence"
Posts: 13662
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location:
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by King-Eliagh » Thu May 02, 2019 12:21 pm

NlolRL wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:54 am
King-Eliagh wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 pm
So thus far I think we can all agree, given the data from the first six rounds, that we can safely say that the afls new rules aiming at higher scoring and “equalisation” :lol: are, well, it’s not really working is it
What data? I cant see any data :drunk:
Are you the full quid? Op has tabled data ;)

I get a funny feeling we might be in for another bumper round of low scorers this week! Stay tuned folks :compress:


Image

xman wrote:KE, why is an even comp important?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Recent Member

Please welcome our newest member:

PeterQ
  • Joined: 18 Aug 2019
  • Last Visited: 18 Aug 2019
  • Team: Rabbitohs
  • Location: Forrestville
  • Total posts: 0

Recent Members

All Time
Username
Join Date