Afl Wednesday night WHITEWASH!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Afl Wednesday night WHITEWASH!

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thankyou cats Steve. You’re def a chance of being quite close there, though I’d doubt there’s much chance the tigs would knock em off by much more.

So I’m thinking you’re suggesting the game will be competitive for about one eighth of the match. Very fair assertion :)

We will see tho, stranger things have happened and Melbs might just get some sunlight shining out of their tankin arses yet!

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

Nah Melbourne are shit and Tigs should win by 10 goals plus.

No doubt it'll be good to watch though.

I wish it could be more like 12 - 4, that'd be much more entertaining...
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cats_Steve wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:16 pm

Hehehe i think we got another 6 year old maths expert :lol:
I’m afraid your and nlols logic is incredibly flawed dear cats. It’s making you both look ... very stoopid :lol:

Your and nlols ‘Highscore = exciting’ logic implies that a 4-2 soccer score line where the team who won scored their fourth goal in the final minute is boring. It also implies that an afl match with blowout result of 157- 58 is more interesting than a defensive nail biter where the score is 61-63 at the final siren.

You and nlol show very flawed logic and an understanding of maths, sport and competition that equates to a kid under 6 years old.

Thanks for comin tho :lol:

:afro:

xman wrote:
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:42 pm
Cats_Steve wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:16 pm

Hehehe i think we got another 6 year old maths expert :lol:
I’m afraid your and nlols logic is incredibly flawed dear cats. It’s making you both look ... very stoopid :lol:

Your and nlols ‘Highscore = exciting’ logic implies that a 4-2 soccer score line where the team who won scored their fourth goal in the final minute is boring. It also implies that an afl match with blowout result of 157- 58 is more interesting than a defensive nail biter where the score is 61-63 at the final siren.

You and nlol show very flawed logic and an understanding of maths, sport and competition that equates to a kid under 6 years old.

Thanks for comin tho :lol:

:afro:
Nope didn't imply that at all. You also spelled entertaining wrong. 4 - 2 in soccer would be a cracker.

Btw this game which was gunna be a monster blowout is currently an absolute grind with a single figure margain at half time. I'd love to see the game open up though and if a team pop out to a 3 or 4 goal lead in the 3rd, that'll still be quality viewing.

61-63 would definitely make for a more exciting finish to any game, which we love. The luxury when it is high scoring is that it can still be entertaining when it extends beyond a realistic comeback margain

I'm not saying a 100pt margain makes for a good match, obviously it doesn't.

I'll work on my math so as not to seem 'stoopid' - something you manage to pull off constantly simply through opinions. Maybe you should work on your knowledge of other sports so it matches your claimed expertise.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

another poor call by KE. 17 points the difference with 15 minutes to go
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: they did it! The Afl has managed to produce six ahithouse days of non contests in a week!!

Incredible!! :lol: just incredible. I am almost certain this would have never been done in the history of pro sport in Australia.

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Oh and members and guests, please ignore nlol and cats lies about how close this game was. Melbs scores a total 42 points for crying out loud :lol: and ol ke, the bringer of truth, has a few choice quotes about the match directly from the Afl apps live comments for your information. Try these on for size

3rd quarter
“Since the 22nd Minute of the first quarter the demons have only managed 1 goal to Richmond’s five” 8-[
“The demons have lacked polish tonight” :(/
4th quarter
“Richmond have taken complete control of this match” :cheers:
“The demons have only managed one goal in the last 50 minutes of playing time” :shock:

Oh dear. Out on the Afl oval tonight...It was indeed.... a Wednesday night WHITEWASH!!! :rofl:

xman wrote:
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

Scrappy, scrappy match and the Dees absolutely stink at the moment. Not a spectacle whatsoever.

Level after 60 mins and 3 goals in it after 100 mins before the stronger team finally took control.

I don't think you know what whitewash means.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

Huge crowd for a Wednesday 72k+.
And with it going live across the nation on FTA main channel expect a massive viewer count. Could it top 1.5m.....?
Not bad for a "whitewash" hey ke?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: I love how the bubble brainwashed ones say “Richmond were only 3 goals up with 17minutes to go.” :lol:

It’s like they truly believe the match was in the balance and that Melbs had a chance.

Here’s the facts from KE

1. In 54 matches only 1 team in 2019 has come back from three goals down with 17mins to go. My previous research suggests the odds for any team to come back from this goal diff at the same point in the game is less than 10%
2. Making matters extremely more unlikely is that fact Melbourne didn’t score a goal in the entire 2nd quarter. They then managed a measly one goal in the third quarter. :lol:

The tanksters from the centre of Melbourne were never coming back, not in a million years :rofl: then Richmond went on to pound em into the dust even further. Yet our boys are arguing tooth and nail this wasn’t a whitewash :rofl: ohhhh the bubble! :(/

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

SportCapital wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:32 pm
And with it going live across the nation on FTA main channel expect a massive viewer count. Could it top 1.5m.....?
Not bad at all sport! I’ve never questioned the crowds. The afl don’t have a problem at all with crowds. They’ve got a problem with the downturn in quality matchups each weekend. Amazing they just produced six days of shithouse matches. It’s gotta be a record :lol:

xman wrote:
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:12 am
SportCapital wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:32 pm
Not bad at all sport! I’ve never questioned the crowds. The afl don’t have a problem at all with crowds. They’ve got a problem with the downturn in quality matchups each weekend. Amazing they just produced six days of shithouse matches. It’s gotta be a record :lol:
Spare me your opinion on this and please point out how this "downturn in quality matchups" as you say, is a problem?
And ke, be concise for once..... :mrgreen:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

So errrrm :hmm: what exactly are you struggling to comprehend dear sport ? Id suggest it’s a no fukkin brainer that a downturn in quality even competitive matches is a problem for any pro sporting comp. Do you possess a brain? :lol: or do you think increasing blowouts in a pro sporting comp is a-ok sport ol chap?

Might I remind you of some research your leader Wookie posted recently that clearly stated the nrl had overtaken the Afl in tv viewers due to more close competitive matches?

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:38 pm
:lol: they did it! The Afl has managed to produce six ahithouse days of non contests in a week!!

Incredible!! :lol: just incredible. I am almost certain this would have never been done in the history of pro sport in Australia.
well at least we can all relax knowing KE's interpretation of a whitewash is a margin of less than 3 goals with 1/8th of the game to go.... :lol:

That equated to a score differential of around 30%. Yet RL games with a differential of over 50% are somehow close.... :hmm: :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:24 am
King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:38 pm

well at least we can all relax knowing KE's interpretation of a whitewash is a margin of less than 3 goals with 1/8th of the game to go.... :lol:

That equated to a score differential of around 30%. Yet RL games with a differential of over 50% are somehow close.... :hmm: :lol:
:(/

Nlol, just let this sink in bro... Melbs, they scored two goals, in, wait for it, the last three quarters of footy. :lol: just read that one more time for me now will ya. Melbs, they scored two goals, in, wait for it, the last three quarters of footy. And they lost the game by 8 goals :rofl:

Nah, surely it wasn’t a whitewash last night. :(/

Ok look, I think the only thing here, if you’re actually in possession of a human brain, could b that if you don’t like the term whitewash for whatever reason, that’s ok. Would you be happy if I change the title of the thread to Wednesday night ASSWHIPPIN ?

:lol:

xman wrote: