New Parramatta stadium will offer a world class experience.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: New Parramatta stadium will offer a world class experience.

Post by Fred »

Did he literally mean half full or was he using it figuratively in saying it will be half empty to emphasise low crowds. There are two ways it can be interpreted. I know some people would take this literally, which is fair enough, but others would see this as a figurative comment.

I know if I was having this debate and said “mate, the joint will be half empty most of the time” or “they’d be lucky to half full it over the next five years, my meaning would not be literally half full or empty ... would mean just poor crowds. I have an friend with Aspergers and he would definitely read that comment as literal so have to always watch what I say and how I say it when around him.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:29 pm
Did he literally mean half full or was he using it figuratively in saying it will be half empty to emphasise low crowds. There are two ways it can be interpreted. I know some people would take this literally, which is fair enough, but others would see this as a figurative comment.

I know if I was having this debate and said “mate, the joint will be half empty most of the time” or “they’d be lucky to half full it over the next five years, my meaning would not be literally half full or empty ... would mean just poor crowds. I have an friend with Aspergers and he would definitely read that comment as literal so have to always watch what I say and how I say it when around him.
Yes. Very well enunciated Freddo lolololol. The problem is the dill put it in writing. If you're having a session on the drink you take whatever is said with a with a grain of salt. But if you put it in writing on a thread here you should be held accountable for what you say and in this case what you predict.

So yep. The dill is wrong.

Hope that helps Fred.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Oh yes I think if you take him literally ... of course he is wrong .... but if he is referring to general poor crowds with his “less than half full” statement then he is not wrong so far. I disagree about whether in writing or not... this is a chat forum and casual conversation or interaction can take many forms ... whether written or spoken is not relevant in my opinion.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:23 pm
Oh yes I think if you take him literally ... of course he is wrong .... but if he is referring to general poor crowds with his “less than half full” statement then he is not wrong so far. I disagree about whether in writing or not... this is a chat forum and casual conversation or interaction can take many forms ... whether written or spoken is not relevant in my opinion.
Idiocy pal. He is 100% absolutely and definitively wrong. If a bloke tells ya he'll pay ya half the award rate for a job......and the award is $50 an hour .......you would expect $25/hr. If the bloke paid ya $10 and said what he actually meant was a low amount are you gonna walk away and say 'ahhhhh ok pal.....yeah....oh....so ya didn't mean it literally....just a low amount ....no problem'.

Sure Freddy.....sure!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

We can all give examples of where things are literal and things are a figure of soeech. If I’m entering a contract then sure. If I’m debating or inferring something then no. A good old saying is “ as busy as Bourke steet in Melbourne (pick a busy city for your city). I don’t mean literally. I don’t ask for proof that there is the same traffic flow as Bourke street. To say a stadium will not be half filled my question is ... did he mean this literally. Did he, say, have a bet that it wouldn’t be more than half filled. Or was he saying “ the place won’t be over half filled” which, to me, is saying the crowds will still be crap... not a literal comment. I do know people who would take this literally though ... Sheldon off Big Bang theory types if you know what I mean.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

Dude
The league fans aren’t normal and cannot get past the mentality of nrl good afl bad!

It ain’t worth having a civil conversation with em no matter how often one tries.
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Terry wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:14 pm
Fred wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:29 pm

Yes. Very well enunciated Freddo lolololol. The problem is the dill put it in writing. If you're having a session on the drink you take whatever is said with a with a grain of salt. But if you put it in writing on a thread here you should be held accountable for what you say and in this case what you predict.

So yep. The dill is wrong.

Hope that helps Fred.
Down down down goes those crowds Terry!
Game by game those numbers drop & only filled the venue once for its opening game!

It only continues to prove my point correct as you can only polish a turd for so long!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

notaleaguefan wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:09 pm
Dude
The league fans aren’t normal and cannot get past the mentality of nrl good afl bad!

It ain’t worth having a civil conversation with em no matter how often one tries.
You can run but you can't hide from your stupidity .

Spend $360 million for a stadium the will only ever be over half filled 5 or so times in a decade! Only then the loons of fans will be crying it’s time for a new one to be built
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I think him saying “only 5 or so times” with the emphasis of “or so” indicates him not being literal ... well to me anyway. I think if it mainly 3 quarter filled more often then not he’d have to concede but if it not pulling decent crowds generally then he’d have a point. Guess we will have to see.
Veni, vidi, vici
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

I'm fucking glad none of my investments look like this.
Attachments
A sinking feeling
A sinking feeling
Screenshot_20190616-230220.jpg (84.81 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
notaleaguefan
Banned

Post by notaleaguefan »

Only continues to prove how bloated the teal popularly of league is
But but bad venues

No doubt the talk of the venue will need to be knocked down due being a dated & the crowds will come if that is built
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear running from your prediction .
Lol it's no wonder .
It was far more ridiculous than your usual stupid rants ,

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
We will be back to the jealous insane posts once again ( lies) when the emo SOO meltdown is over .
Will Parra have a crowd below half capacity once this year at BankWest .
Prob not .
They are 5/5 so far
Good to see them smash the crazy prediction by 9 1/2 years .
Lol x1000000000000

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

SportCapital wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:54 pm
I'm fucking glad none of my investments look like this.
Aah back on the Graphs again. What happened to the one on the AFL ratings and there projected finish :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Where are things re: the afl and nrl premiership seasons ... who is winning that one thus far?
Veni, vidi, vici