Giant leap: GWS fans clinch deal to buy stadium naming rights

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Giant leap: GWS fans clinch deal to buy stadium naming rights

Post by notaleaguefan »

SportCapital wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:53 pm
The deal is done. They've no leg to stand on. imo
And the Thunder, by having a hissy fit have virtually guaranteed the Giants and their wealthy supporters will throw an extra wedge of $heet$ at the ground signage. It'd cost 'em 50-80k just to cover it all up.

You were on the money Beau! nice one.

nine.com.au

GWS board member Jimmy Bartel has slammed BBL franchise Sydney Thunder over a naming rights dispute for the ground shared by the two organisations.

GWS announced last week they’d reached a deal with the Royal Agricultural Society to have the Sydney Showground known as Giants Stadium, in a deal that’s being funded by anonymous private donors.

But Sydney Thunder, who use the ground in December and January for the BBL, have reportedly baulked at playing at a ground named after an AFL club.

News Limited reports Cricket NSW, on behalf of the Thunder, are reluctant to embrace the Giants Stadium name, and would only change their minds if more money was on the table.

Speaking on Macquarie Sports Radio, Bartel said the Thunder are being shortsighted.

“They’ve got their nose out of joint because they feel like they’re giving a free kick to AFL,” Bartel said.

“This is a little bit of grandstanding on their behalf.

“I get you’re sticking up for your sporting franchise, but the fact is they did none of the legwork in raising this money.

“The Giants have gone above and beyond and done this.

Bartel pointed out that the ground’s operators, the Royal Agricultural Society (RAS) had agreed to the name being in place all year round.

"The Royal Agricultural Society have ticked this off so the Thunder can't go and get another sponsor for their two months of the year.

“At the Giants, we’d be more than happy if you don’t want to accept the big fat cheque that we’re writing out for you.

“You can hand it back it you like, I’m sure we can spend it elsewhere.

The Brownlow Medalist accused the Thunder of childish behaviour, arguing that they weren’t going to be receiving additional money elsewhere.

“You’re just throwing the toys out of the cot here. You’re only there for two months of the year, now if you want to call it something else then go ahead, but any of the stadium naming is still going to remain Giants Stadium.

“If they’re going to squabble over an extra $50-$80K, they’re just being greedy. The amount of money we’ve been able to get for them, for two months of the year, is more than they were getting from Spotless or from any other corporate of business partner.

“And here’s the problem for them, they can’t go and sell it off for two months of the year anyway, because we’ve already got the deal.”
Typical Sydney numptys throwing tantrums :(/
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Once again infecting another thread with your bullshit .
I showed in the stadium thread where you were wrong . So what do you do ....carry the crap on into another .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:30 pm
SportCapital wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:53 pm
The deal is done. They've no leg to stand on. imo
And the Thunder, by having a hissy fit have virtually guaranteed the Giants and their wealthy supporters will throw an extra wedge of $heet$ at the ground signage. It'd cost 'em 50-80k just to cover it all up.

You were on the money Beau! nice one.

nine.com.au

GWS board member Jimmy Bartel has slammed BBL franchise Sydney Thunder over a naming rights dispute for the ground shared by the two organisations.

GWS announced last week they’d reached a deal with the Royal Agricultural Society to have the Sydney Showground known as Giants Stadium, in a deal that’s being funded by anonymous private donors.

But Sydney Thunder, who use the ground in December and January for the BBL, have reportedly baulked at playing at a ground named after an AFL club.

News Limited reports Cricket NSW, on behalf of the Thunder, are reluctant to embrace the Giants Stadium name, and would only change their minds if more money was on the table.

Speaking on Macquarie Sports Radio, Bartel said the Thunder are being shortsighted.

“They’ve got their nose out of joint because they feel like they’re giving a free kick to AFL,” Bartel said.

“This is a little bit of grandstanding on their behalf.

“I get you’re sticking up for your sporting franchise, but the fact is they did none of the legwork in raising this money.

“The Giants have gone above and beyond and done this.

Bartel pointed out that the ground’s operators, the Royal Agricultural Society (RAS) had agreed to the name being in place all year round.

"The Royal Agricultural Society have ticked this off so the Thunder can't go and get another sponsor for their two months of the year.

“At the Giants, we’d be more than happy if you don’t want to accept the big fat cheque that we’re writing out for you.

“You can hand it back it you like, I’m sure we can spend it elsewhere.

The Brownlow Medalist accused the Thunder of childish behaviour, arguing that they weren’t going to be receiving additional money elsewhere.

“You’re just throwing the toys out of the cot here. You’re only there for two months of the year, now if you want to call it something else then go ahead, but any of the stadium naming is still going to remain Giants Stadium.

“If they’re going to squabble over an extra $50-$80K, they’re just being greedy. The amount of money we’ve been able to get for them, for two months of the year, is more than they were getting from Spotless or from any other corporate of business partner.

“And here’s the problem for them, they can’t go and sell it off for two months of the year anyway, because we’ve already got the deal.”
Nice find @SportCapital. Exactly as I suspected was always the case.

Hello Terry and AFLCrap1. Smashed by facts. Deal is done. GIANTS Stadium all year round 😆

Too funny
Wow beatup……….getting a little excited there pal lololol!!!!!! Have you been singing and dancing in front of the mirror giving yaself high fives lololol?????? Smashed by facts????????

I reported this exactly as it unfolded. As usual you didn't do the required research and repeated your masters claim about the name change. I then reported Sydney Thunder refused to acknowledge the change...…….. which is 100% correct and is exactly at it stands now.

At this point in time nothing has changed except some loud mouth AFL lapdog has whinged and whined and screamed and insulted the Thunder as AFL types do. And of course you accept that like a 2 year old kid getting his tooth fairy money. Unquestioning, uncritical, blind faith.

Now for reality: the article actually says the Thunder will acknowledge the name if they get more money. I suspect the secret backers i.e fumblehouse will give 'em what they want to shut 'em up, kinda like hush money......you know...the AFL way!!!!

Whilst your singing and dancing in front of the mirror giving yaself high
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Oh dear Terrence. You sound and look as stupid as the Thunder with this issue.

The deal is done, and the Thunder either accept what they get offered or get nothing. They have no say and rightly so when all the facts are considered.

Time to move on pal. 🤭
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

how long has the deal been signed for...
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:03 am

The deal is done, and the Thunder either accept what they get offered or get nothing. They have no say and rightly so when all the facts are considered.

Time to move on pal. 🤭
You don't seem to have grasped the point pal. Which is understandable considering your limited abilities.

GWS trumpeted a name change. You, of course, backed them up without any critical thinking. I pointed out Thunder didn't acknowledge the name change. I reported the facts. You continued to scream about the AFL propaganda 101 press release.

I repeat: nothing has changed. At this stage Thunder refuse to acknowledge the name change. You can yell and scream and stamp your feet all you like but nothing has changed.

If fumblehouse come up with more money and Thunder then agree it doesn't change what has transpired. Understand beatup? No! Didn't think so!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Most cases where private backers give/donate $$ to a sports club for whatever reason......they are named . They like to be seen as a loyal club person willing to put up money for their beloved club
Lol not this time .
Why is that ...the image........let's make out that rich people are backing the midgets .
Have no worries giving the club money .
You know ...the image looks good when people want to throw money at a club .
So I'd bet this is the AFl ...pretending that theirs rich backers out there .
Just to try to pretend the Giants are far more popular than they are .

Lol

Edit .
Isn't it funny that this mysterious backer turned up about a week after it was news that the AFL wanted to buy the mangamnet rights to the Gabba & Metricon.
Lol how coincidental is that .

🤣
Xman wrote
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:24 am
Beaussie wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:03 am

Time to move on pal. 🤭
You don't seem to have grasped the point pal. Which is understandable considering your limited abilities.

GWS trumpeted a name change. You, of course, backed them up without any critical thinking. I pointed out Thunder didn't acknowledge the name change. I reported the facts. You continued to scream about the AFL propaganda 101 press release.

I repeat: nothing has changed. At this stage Thunder refuse to acknowledge the name change. You can yell and scream and stamp your feet all you like but nothing has changed.

If fumblehouse come up with more money and Thunder then agree it doesn't change what has transpired. Understand beatup? No! Didn't think so!!!!
Oh gees Terrence, clearly you’re still struggling to appreciate reality. What is it with you leaguies? Seems to be very common amongst you lot, especially when it is anything to do with the AFL.

Anyways, that aside, reality is the stadium WILL be known as GIANTS Stadium and no amount of whining from you lot or indeed Sydney Thunder will alter that reality. Time to move on pal. You’re looking kinda stupid and just embarrassing yourself trying to think otherwise.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol Terry has posted 100% fact .
If it goes against the belief of afl fans that's their problem .

🤣
Xman wrote
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:08 pm
And you... well you’re just as ill informed as Terrence. Oh well... I do hope one day you can free yourself from that delusional bubble you both seemed trapped in. Good luck with that.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:54 pm
And you... well you’re just as ill informed as Terrence. Oh well... I do hope one day you can free yourself from that delusional bubble you both seemed trapped in. Good luck with that.
Good on ya for at least havin' a go beatup. God knows fumblers here are thin on the ground after being battered, bruised and bloodied by the facts, evidence and common sense of the good RL folk here.

I encourage you to continue engaging despite the obvious fallibility of your arguments and below average cognitive function.

Well done pal...….and keep morale high!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:57 pm

Good on ya for at least havin' a go beatup. God knows fumblers here are thin on the ground after enduring paranoia, denial, and distraction, again and again, by the stupid RL folk here.
EFA
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nope,
Care to show,where Terry's posts were wrong . He posted what the Syd thundervhad to say .
So where is he wrong .
Can you lot everaccept that not everyone is a brainwashed fumble zealot who just nods & goes along with whatever is stated by fumblehouse .
It's not like they have an impeccable record with the truth .

So where was Terry wrong .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:40 pm
Nope,
Care to show,where Terry's posts were wrong . He posted what the Syd thundervhad to say .
So where is he wrong .
Can you lot everaccept that not everyone is a brainwashed fumble zealot who just nods & goes along with whatever is stated by fumblehouse .
It's not like they have an impeccable record with the truth .

So where was Terry wrong .
I was speaking in general, as was Terry
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Where are Terry's facts? All parties involved in the stadium can see and acknowledge the benefits of the agreement and the naming rights. The thunder can spit the dummy all they like but the stadium owners have accepted the deal.