Rugby league leaders leading the way for a better Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Rugby league leaders leading the way for a better Australia

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:59 am
Lol
I'll give loler this
He gets 100/100 for his undying defence of anything Aflol
Defend defend defend .
defending common sense and people's right to express their view about a person of ANY colour without being called a racist
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:34 am
Fact, people dont like being told if they boo someone because they're a dickhead it's instantly racist because the person is black.

That's why he got a chorus of boos and why others who have stood up to racism have not received any boos

The Carlton cheer squad booed Goodes because he was deliberately provocative towards them. If any other player had made aggressive actions towards an opposition crowd after a goal they would have received the same
Fact - fans didn’t boo Goodes before he stood up against racism

Fact - there’s barely any evidence online (perhaps one mention in a thread in bigfooty?) or elsewhere of fans disliking Goodes and the way he plays prior to the girl calling him an ape

Fact - there’s shitloads of evidence of Afl fans online being racist to Goodes and/or suddenly coming out to despise his play just like you nlol ;) post his standing up against the racist girl [-X funny that eh??

Nlol how many times does it take before it sinks in, Goodes was being booed before he did a war dance to the Carlton cheer squad ya dill. And they were booing him not for dirty play, they were booing him for touching the ball. This completely nullifies your dumb argument. Look up the word provoke you silly clown, I’m positive you don’t understand the meaning.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:49 am
Australian cricket great Shane Warne earlier tweeted in defence of those who booed Goodes at AFL matches, saying "it's nothing to do with being racist".

"This whole Adam Goodes drama is ridiculous. The public can boo or chant whoever's name they want! It's nothing to do with being racist... ," Warne wrote.

"If the public don't like a sportsman because of the way they play the game, they boo, if they like them they cheer, nothing to do re racism."
This guy is your reference point?

:(/

Fmd did you ever get the memo that Shane Warne is not noted as a commentator on racism in Australia?

:(/ Jesus, what am I doing bothering discussing this with ya nlol?

:lol: it’s funny but .... really? Shane Warne said it so it must be right?

:lol:

Nlols your post is officially a nominee for dumbest post of the year! :)))

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:37 am
Oh here we go again.

KE how can you continue to suggest ALL AFL fans are racist when reality is completely the opposite? I for one, like thousands of other footy fans love Goodsey and never booed. A loud minority in some crowds does not suggest it’s the entire AFL crowd.

Whoooaaaaa Beaussie, easy now, whoa there, whoa

Can you tell me where I said or suggested ALL Afl supporters are racist?

Didn’t think so.

I think your Afl brain is jumping into serious defence mode and you’re not reading my posts. I’m saying thousands upon thousands of em are. As I’ve said before it’s generally the more southern based cities including Perth that I’m referring to.

And the evidence suggests I’m dead right.

You of all people should be supporting goodesy against clowns like Pete and nlol on this site. I mean really! Pickup yer game beaussie!

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Here's a thread mentioning Goodes being booed in 2012, 1 year before the infamous girl incident :\: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... es.975063/
Fact - there’s barely any evidence online (perhaps one mention in a thread in bigfooty?) or elsewhere of fans disliking Goodes and the way he plays prior to the girl calling him an ape
Here are a selection of threads about Goodes in 2012, prior to the racist girl incident. There are MANY more. He was well disliked by then anyway.

Here's a thread discussing how he didnt deserve all Australian in 2012
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... me.973288/

Here's a thread about his open Mike interview in 2012
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... es.957572/
I'd like him more if he didnt have a whinge at the Umps every 2 minutes during a game. Apart from that he's obviously a champ.

It drives me nuts.

still don't like his "football" persona but is a top player....

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... t.1005771/
Brereton's assessment is spot on about Goodes. Great player but not courageous. Chooses when to go for the ball and never puts his body on the line by running with the flight of the ball to take a mark, preferring to be front and centre.

Would Gibson of been in the right to chase Goodes down and give him a whack?
Because, after all, Goodes just tried to break his legs, that is what I watched.
So, someone tries to break your legs and nothing is done, I say Gibson has every right to be annoyed and no doubt they had to calm him down.

Dermie is spot on and Goodes has form he has stuck his foot out before and not put his body on the line. He is also a protected species.

Disappointed but not surprised, not the first dog act he has got away with.

Na mate. He's scared. He has been doing this for his whole career.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... es.933521/
Good player but always been a coward on the field. Usually he'd channel his cowardice through sooking for free kicks though, now he's turned to attempting to injure unsuspecting players who are going for the ball.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... nt.861308/

Decent player, no doubt, but jesus how often does this guy play for a free or have a sooky sook to the umpires? What a piece of shit. Shut up and play the game Adam.

Do what? I haven't seen any player be as consistently whingey towards the umpires as Goodes. Ever.

Goodes is a disgrace and an embarrassment.He's a diver, a stager, a free kick pleader and a dirty sniper.And EVERYONE knows why he is allowed to get away with it.

I liked the commentators laughing at his dive before he quickly got up after he realised how much of an idiot he looked.

Had a good game. But **** me, he spends half his time whining to the umpires. If he's touched he wants a free, and if he has a free kick he wants 50m, and even when his team-mate gets a free he throws the arms out begging for 50m. Cox has been doing this a lot lately aswell, very frustrating. Just play the game.

He has always had that sook to the umpires in his game. What looked bad was the free kick staging in the last quarter.

Never before seen a player so concerned with umpiring the game himself, the way he's behaved on the field this year has been disgraceful, ******** crying and staging, he's been Monfries and Petterd rolled into one. :thumbsdown:

Good player, obviously, but the way he went down after a mini bump by Jackson last week was some shameful shite.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... ly.836244/

Great when he's on his game but out of 80% TOG he would spend close to 30% of it begging umpires for free kicks and another 10% taking cheap shots and whinging when he cops it back. Pretty easy player to dislike.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... ll.841169/

I noticed this a lot last week, and have already seen 4-5 examples in tonight's first quarter alone.

Goodes has to be one of the bigger whingers in the AFL right now. Constantly gives up on plays only to turn to the AFL and plead his case. In many cases he hasn't even been infringed against which is embarrassing.

Not a great sign from your captain I would have thought, sets a terrible example for the rest of his team. Really needs to get this out of the game and concentrate on playing.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... ed.828754/

The AFL love child gets off yet again, this time because an opposition player's leg shouldn't have been in the road of a Goodes attempted trip.
This bloke could murder someone on the field and it would be lucky to be called a free, let alone suspended.
It should be officially recognised that he is more protected than Robert Flower ever was and that is no mean feat.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... es.456114/

G'day,
Just interested to know everyones thoughts on How/Why Adam Goodes has two brownlows.
I know in starting this thread i may cop some sh*t, however its just to see what everyone else's opinions are ?
I admire Goodes and believe his a very good player, but was he worthy of two brownlows ?

No. Doesn't even deserve one.
I don't know why people think he is a good player. To me he never does anything special, just runs around the back of packs receiving cheap handballs.
At his best he is a good average player.
If he didn't play for Sydney and if the Sydney media and AFL didn't pump him up so much then he'd be recognised as that as well

No, because he gets away with a lot that other players don't.
Won't ever be forgiven for the cheap shot he gave a Hird last year and subsequent incidents.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Here's a thread from 2008 KE :wave:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... es.435236/
Geelong supporters proved what low life scum they are today by booing Adam Goodes every time he got the ball for no other reason than he is a great player. You scumbags should be ashamed of yourselves.

Has it ever ocurred to you that Goodes might not be as respected outside of Sydney as he is within?
For good reason, too.

Goodes is a dirty mongrel, deserves anything he gets from the crowd.

You a ____ing dog Goodes.
Has hit Ling twice in two years with cheapshots.
I don't care if your the AFL love-pet Goodes, your cheap shots are irksome and we don't like you down here in Geelong.
As for Sydney - well we all know they play a disgraceful brand of Footy.

Is Goodes the least respected Brownlow medallist ever?

A few reasons.
1. He's the biggest frontrunner in the league.
2. He's a dirty player.
3. He's a protected species.

How he has avoided suspension over the years for his constant cheap shots is astounding.

He gets everything he deserves from the crowd - he didn't seem to care anyway so why make a big deal about it?

Goodes is a hack sniper. That is all.

We didnt boo Goodes because he is a good player, we booed him because he is a cheating, dirty little seagull. He gets away with all his dirty little coward hit behind play, god i hate goodes.

Goodes got two out-and-out free kicks where he took a dive. I admire the guy's skills as much as anyone, but he was on target for a Gold Logie today.

Good, ***** is one of the most protected species in the game.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

It's fair to say Goodes was disliked for many years before the racist girl incident KE.

Back in your box you flog
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Woweee a couple of threads and warney :lol:

Fact - No one is liked by all ya dimwit.

So it’s easy to find threads disliking famous people. Why I could even lookup and find some threads saying how bad a person your source of wisdom is nlol, good ol warney! :(/

Fact - no one has ever been booed to the extent that Goodes was post his sending a racist off out of the crowd.

You can dress it up all ya like with dirty player and people don’t wanna be told what to do nlol, but facts are, he wasn’t booed en masse before he told a racist girl to fukk off and forced her out =D

Seems there’s thousands of Afl supporters who don’t like racists being ejected don’t it just ;)

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Oh and btw nlol, I could spend my time finding umpteen thousand racist remarks by Afl supporters about Goodes online. Heck there’s even a racist Facebook site designated to goodesy with thousands of followers.

But you’d still claim otherwise. Some people just aren’t that bright and can’t be helped. :roll:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:32 pm
Woweee a couple of threads and warney :lol:

Fact - No one is liked by all ya dimwit.

So it’s easy to find threads disliking famous people. Why I could even lookup and find some threads saying how bad a person your source of wisdom is nlol, good ol warney! :(/

Fact - no one has ever been booed to the extent that Goodes was post his sending a racist off out of the crowd.

You can dress it up all ya like with dirty player and people don’t wanna be told what to do nlol, but facts are, he wasn’t booed en masse before he told a racist girl to fukk off and forced her out =D

Seems there’s thousands of Afl supporters who don’t like racists being ejected don’t it just ;)
Firstly, do you admit you were completely wrong about Goodes not being booed before 2013? KE? Are you there mate? :-k

Secondly, I posted numerous threads, not a couple, and there are MANY more where that came from

Thirdly, I also posted an article where the author agreed the booing was about Goodes' behaviour, not his race

Lastly, the threads on BF are well before his racial incident and show her was well disliked because of his gutless, sniping, whinging behaviour, while all the time acting like he was perfect. That was more than enough to be booed.

Thanks for playing KE, you tried hard but were simply no match whatsoever
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

You used numerous Shane Warne quotes :lol:

You didn’t acknowledge that Goodes was never booed en masse before he chucked out a racist from the crowd

And you ignored the fact that Goodes was provoked by Carlton fans not the other way round as you falsely stated.

But really the icing on the cake was when you referred to this guy to try get your point across regarding whether or not an Aboriginal man was being racially abused

:(/ Good ol warney! The bringer of all wisdom! :rofl:

Thanks for coming nlol, you’ve contributed nothing towards understanding and reducing racism in Afl crowds. In fact you’ve likely exacerbated it. =D

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:46 pm
You didn’t acknowledge that Goodes was never booed en masse before he chucked out a racist from the crowd
stop it you lying turd. You never said en mass. Furthermore, he was booed em mass by Geelong and Hawthorn supporters. Now apologise you cretin
And you ignored the fact that Goodes was provoked by Carlton fans not the other way round as you falsely stated.
:lol: :lol: every AFL fan is provoked by the opposition. Only an idiot would take an agressive stand back at them
But really the icing on the cake was when you referred to this guy to try get your point across regarding whether or not an Aboriginal man was being racially abused

one of Australia's greatest sportsmen who would know a shit lot more than you about appropriate behaviour on the sporting field
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:50 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:46 pm
stop it you lying turd. You never said en mass. Furthermore, he was booed em mass by Geelong and Hawthorn supporters. Now apologise you cretin
:lol: :lol: every AFL fan is provoked by the opposition. Only an idiot would take an agressive stand back at them

one of Australia's greatest sportsmen who would know a shit lot more than you about appropriate behaviour on the sporting field
:lol:

Are you getting dumber or am I getting smarter? Or both? :lol:

Re ur words above

1. I did say en Masse, possibly a few times a few pages ago. Please read and think more nlol :lol:

2. Every afl fan is provoked? I think you mean player ya dimwit. And I’m afraid for your argument there has been no player booed enmasse as much as dual Brownlow and best and fairest and....wait for it ....Aboriginal man who took the strongest stance against crowd racism ever by having a fan ejected. Yep there’s the clincher nlol, something you consistently ignore [-X

3. You said Warney knows a lot more than me about appropriate play on the sporting field :lol: firstly ive not once referred to appropriate play on the sporting field :lol: we are talking about the crowd booing en Masse and the crowd racism behind much of the booing. And secondly, if you actually were referring to warney being more appropriate than me on the sporting field I’d have to beg to differ. Warney called heaps of opposition players ahem cuuuuunnnnts and had no end to controversy on and off the field throughout his career :lol:I’ve not once needed to stoop to this level on the sporting field.
His ex wife called him a child and a clown. :lol: good one nlol :lol: I mean great bowler, really good cricket brain but yeah, not someone a smart person refers to when debating :rofl:

To answer my earlier question I think it’s both. You are getting dumber and I’m getting smarter as the thread goes :)

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:28 pm
Weve gone through this before dear nlol. There’s not one Aboriginal player who’s stood up against racism in Afl crowds as firmly as Goodes has. He never got booed before he did that.
here is what you said you filthy liar! [-X