World Club Challenge?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: World Club Challenge?

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:44 pm
21 k .not too bad
If they'd used the China catering tent calculator that would equal 50k at least .
Lol the irony as the NRLOL has the long history in fudging numbers
Pete_2211
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Brisbane Lions
Been liked: 0

Post by Pete_2211 »

Look at the Champions League in the soccer where most of England would watch where there top EPL clubs take on the best from the rest of Europe & then compare it to this Rugby League game about 1% of the English population would even care about & about 5% of the Australian population cares about.

Oh yeah the AFL is so jealous of this massive game!!! HAHAHAHAHA
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Jealous much .
Yep
When you can actually get a pro comp..lol even a semi pro comp in another country your idiotic ramblings might mean something.
When a pro team from another country who won the comp over there plays the winner of the Aflol comp then we can actually compare ratings crowds etc .
Lol we will all probably be long in our graves by then. If ever .
Don't let the jealousy eat you up .
TLPG 🀣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🀣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Pete_2211 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:48 pm
Look at the Champions League in the soccer where most of England would watch where there top EPL clubs take on the best from the rest of Europe & then compare it to this Rugby League game about 1% of the English population would even care about & about 5% of the Australian population cares about.

Soccer is ahead of every sport on a global scale though.

But the very fact Rugby League has a professional competition in another country really puts things into perspective for AFL in which sport has more global appeal.

And of course AFL is jealous of this. One reason they keep hosting games in China. They are trying to get other countries to like their sport too. Not really working though. China AFL matches have been nothing short of embarassing compared to Rugby Leagues world club challenge.

There are now professional teams in Canada, France, New Zealand ,Australia and England. Yet AFL is yet to have any professional presence outside of one country.

Even reserve grade Rugby League has more international teams than AFL. With a team in PNG and expansions planned for Fiji.

Canada's Toronto Wolfpack. Something AFL wishes they could do.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡«πŸ‡· πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:18 am

But the very fact Rugby League has a professional competition in another country really puts things into perspective for AFL in which sport has more global appeal.

And of course AFL is jealous of this. One reason they keep hosting games in China. They are trying to get other countries to like their sport too. Not really working though. China AFL matches have been nothing short of embarassing compared to Rugby Leagues world club challenge.

There are now professional teams in Canada, France, New Zealand ,Australia and England. Yet AFL is yet to have any professional presence outside of one country.

Even reserve grade Rugby League has more international teams than AFL. With a team in PNG and expansions planned for Fiji.

I'd take our greater national appeal in Australia over RL's greater international appeal where it's a minor sport in the countries you mentioned except Australia where it's well behind the AFL
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: ↑Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:33 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: ↑Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:18 am

I'd take our greater national appeal in Australia over RL's greater international appeal where it's a minor sport in the countries you mentioned except Australia where it's well behind the AFL
well behind the AFL...... i do not think so...

I think the AFL is 4-5 years ahead of the NRL>

and this is due to the pass of the ARL / NRL Management.. regards to finances sponsorship and running of the game..

since 2012 led by the commission NRL is making HUGE Ground..
and they do all this with no teams in two states.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

They are keeping up with TV rights and remaining behind in non TV revenue. They are not really gaining room
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nrlolol wrote: ↑Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:34 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:44 pm
21 k .not too bad
If they'd used the China catering tent calculator that would equal 50k at least .
Lol the irony as the NRLOL has the long history in fudging numbers
Yes past history .
Not since 2012

Which you've been repeatedly told but ignore .

🀣
Xman wrote
Pete_2211
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Brisbane Lions
Been liked: 0

Post by Pete_2211 »

& also the AFL didnt take that match to China (they couldn't care less about it). It was Port Adelaides idea & yes I do agree it was a bad idea & hasn't worked but at least Port tried something outside the square
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Pete_2211 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:54 pm
& also the AFL didnt take that match to China (they couldn't care less about it). It was Port Adelaides idea & yes I do agree it was a bad idea & hasn't worked but at least Port tried something outside the square
Really.....I thought China match worked out very well for those catering tent operators.

🀣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Pete_2211 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:54 pm
What they couldn't care less about it? :lol: Your own AFL ceo was talking it up any chance he could when it was initially planned.

AFL has made a big mistake trying to promote their game to such a foreign nation. I think they should have tried Ireland.

Rugby League is at least making progress in Canada and the NRL has nothing to even do with it.
You just have to look at videos like this where Canadians are now following Ruby League and have their own team.

RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡«πŸ‡· πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com