And so it begins: Year 3 of the womens mess.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: And so it begins: Year 3 of the womens mess.

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:05 am
Beaussie wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:14 am
Terry wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:00 pm
It seems Ch 7's decision to put AFLW on the main channel in the developing states didn't pay off. It was prime time but didn't make the top 20 cut off point. Very poor start!!
Wrong again. Surprise, surprise. :roll:

Firstly, Channel 7 did not show the AFLW in the northern states on the primary channel.

The new season of Better Homes and Gardens returned and was broadcast on the primary channel. The AFLW was shown on 7mate in every market bar Melbourne and Adelaide.

https://womens.afl/broadcastguide

Oh and the AFLW was the highest rating sport on free to air and subscription TV on Friday night. Easily accounting for all other codes and their respective male and female competitions. Even smashed the Australian national women's soccer team Olympic qualifier. This of course despite the AFLW being a blowout score.

Clearly mass appeal eh? No doubt, you wish the NRL Women's Competition had such broad nationwide appeal. :(/

Friday TV Sports

Free-to-air

AFLW on Seven
Carlton v Richmond 211,000

Subscription TV

AFLW Fox Footy
Carlton v Richmond 64,000
Hahahahaha!!!!!!! It appears we have differing views as to which is the developing states pal.In my view it is the backward bubble dwelling Vics, SA & WA. No where in my post did I mention "northern states". You will need to proof read posts more carefully in the future.

As such my post remains uncontested. AFLW was shown on the main channel during prime time in 2 of the games 3 biggest markets and on 7mate in Perth presumably because the telecast began at 4.30pm........not prime time.

Hope that helps!!!!!
Way to go in not addressing the point. :roll:

You were wrong yet again and appear to find it difficult to accept the fact that this "mess" as you describe it has broad nationwide appeal. Again, how does the NRL compare?
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:46 am
Terry wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:05 am
Beaussie wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:14 am

Wrong again. Surprise, surprise. :roll:

Firstly, Channel 7 did not show the AFLW in the northern states on the primary channel.

The new season of Better Homes and Gardens returned and was broadcast on the primary channel. The AFLW was shown on 7mate in every market bar Melbourne and Adelaide.

https://womens.afl/broadcastguide

Oh and the AFLW was the highest rating sport on free to air and subscription TV on Friday night. Easily accounting for all other codes and their respective male and female competitions. Even smashed the Australian national women's soccer team Olympic qualifier. This of course despite the AFLW being a blowout score.

Clearly mass appeal eh? No doubt, you wish the NRL Women's Competition had such broad nationwide appeal. :(/

Friday TV Sports

Free-to-air

AFLW on Seven
Carlton v Richmond 211,000

Subscription TV

AFLW Fox Footy
Carlton v Richmond 64,000
Hahahahaha!!!!!!! It appears we have differing views as to which is the developing states pal.In my view it is the backward bubble dwelling Vics, SA & WA. No where in my post did I mention "northern states". You will need to proof read posts more carefully in the future.

As such my post remains uncontested. AFLW was shown on the main channel during prime time in 2 of the games 3 biggest markets and on 7mate in Perth presumably because the telecast began at 4.30pm........not prime time.

Hope that helps!!!!!
Way to go in not addressing the point. :roll:

You were wrong yet again and appear to find it difficult to accept the fact that this "mess" as you describe it has broad nationwide appeal. Again, how does the NRL compare?
Not addressing the point lololololol!!!!! You're point was that the ladies mess was not on the main channel in the northern states. Which it wasn't. Which I agreed with and which I never said it was.

My point was that it was on the main channel during prime time in 2 out of 3 of your biggest markets. Which it was. Pretty simple. Just facts.

Now if you want to compare to the NRL.............the biggest ladies RL game in 2019 was the SOO. It rated 785k. The biggest AFL ladies game was the GF. It rated 475k. Yep........great comparison. RL the winner.........again........by a massive margin lololololol!!!!!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

No media coverage in northern states too lol
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Wow!!!!!! The ladies GWS v Suns game was the lowest score in AFLW history!!!! 9 - 8!!!! Now that is something as one of the main criticisms from hard core fumble fans is the overall low scoring.

The game was played in pouring rain so they have a bit of an excuse. Did any of our fumble friends see the game???? Freddy?? Idiot??? Beatup???? What did ya think guys?????
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yep I saw the game on tv here on the Gold Coast on 7mate.... not the main channel lol. Been a decent lead up to the start of the season in the media so interest was sparked.

The first half I thought there was some surprisingly good skills... definite improvement from last years games I’ve seen. The second half however skills deteriorated along with the weather ... they have hard enough trouble marking the thing in dry conditions let alone wet. Coach should have told them to just kick the thing off the ground and just get forward . The good signs was the running and overlap play was good signifying an increase in fitness. Need more back and centre set up ... you could see they had practiced this when a player went to handball out back of the pack but often no one there... which was disappointing.

Anyway, the game was was it was. A bit straighter kicking by gws as they missed a couple of goals they should have kicked ... but the one they did kick was a fair effort with a heavy ball in windy conditions. The suns goal was also a nice goal on the run in wet conditions.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Thanks for the update Freddo. I s'pose its hard doing a write up for a game where only 2 goals are kicked for the entire match. I mean there's not much to talk about but a good effort pal!!!
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Terry wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:02 pm
Thanks for the update Freddo. I s'pose its hard doing a write up for a game where only 2 goals are kicked for the entire match. I mean there's not much to talk about but a good effort pal!!!
The nrlol journalists don’t seem to have much trouble drumming up game where only a few goals are kicked

So much so to the extent the league fans think it’s entertaining
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leagueiscrap wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:29 pm
The nrlol journalists don’t seem to have much trouble drumming up game where only a few goals are kicked

Different game pal. Different scoring mechanisms.

AFL is like basketball. The attraction is high scoring. Hence fumblehouse desperately forever changing the rules in both ladies and men's game to manufacture more goals.

And of course more encouragement award points for missing lolololoololo!!!!

Have a great day!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Wasn’t there a nrl gf where one team didn’t score for the whole match ?????? Not even a try .... and like you’ve got the whole width of the to do that.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Fred wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:49 pm
Wasn’t there a nrl gf where one team didn’t score for the whole match ?????? Not even a try .... and like you’ve got the whole width of the to do that.
that's just the life and times of the general NRL fan :lol:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Terry wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:32 pm

AFL is like basketball. The attraction is high scoring. Hence fumblehouse desperately forever changing the rules in both ladies and men's game to manufacture more goals.

Have a great day!!!!
isn't it good the AFL is tying new things? some of it works some doesn't!
at least they are proactive other than just attempting to be the same old boring stale repatitive game like league!
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leagueiscrap wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:51 pm
Terry wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:32 pm

Have a great day!!!!
isn't it good the AFL is tying new things? some of it works some doesn't!
at least they are proactive other than just attempting to be the same old boring stale repatitive game like league!
Judging by the comments made by hard core fumble fans I'd say none of the new things worked. The poor 'ol girls are still getting hammered unmercifully by all and sundry. And I don't mean my humble self. I haven't seen any games thus far.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

As per that loverly chappy on the Footy Industry site the average crowds have dipped almost 14% on last year. Which in turn were down on the previous year. It seems the trend is down.....down........down.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

the women's AFL has expanded quicker than the AFL mens ever did..

all this with less talent and less money = poor quality athletes = poor quality matches..
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:57 pm
the women's AFL has expanded quicker than the AFL mens ever did..

all this with less talent and less money = poor quality athletes = poor quality matches..
A bit different when you have another leave bank rolling it other than funding it self!

What’s the nrlol waiting for their woman’s comp?
Enough women to field some teams?
Enough money to fund a ladies comp?
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys