What I learnt on the weekend

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: What I learnt on the weekend

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:25 pm
Ok folks, it’s ur KING speaking :wave:

I MUST, as I have always dutifully done for our members and guests, yes I must point out the precise moment when fellow members make the mistake of shitting outta their mouth rather than their arse. Nlol is once again the member in question so please, let us all hold this shit talker to account :salute:

The precise moment the turd arrived in his long speech was right here :|

“nlol” wrote:
notice none of the successful codeswappers to afl have been midsize
:puke:
Errrmmm :hmm: tadg Kennelly anyone?
Karmichael hunt? :lol:

Lordy I’m certain I follow the afl nowhere near as much as nlol and yet, without a seconds thought I can make two midsize codeswappers one of who was a champion back, one of the best to don a swans guernsey the other successfully held his own till he got a better offer elsewhere.

For shame nlol [-X stop shitting in our forum please
I said successful....K Hunt? :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

Kennelly came from a sport with many similarities, Gaelic football and was scouted in 1999 as a rookie at 18. He didnt debut for the swans until 2001. It's not like played a totally different sport all his life and changed codes in his late 20's
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:38 am
Maybe aussie rules is more difficult than you think. If its all about how unskilled AFL players are in comparison to althetes for other codes then code swappers would dominate.

Yet at the moment we see an NFL player making a massive impact despite failing to make it at the swans
Difficult? As being able to drop the ball as much as you like and play on :lol:
Or is it difficult by having no crossbars and and an extra set of side goals so you still score even when you miss? :lol:

As for NFL, most NFL players would not even know what AFL is lol..

AFL players would get absolutely hammered if you had an NFL player tackling guys in an AFL game. Their average weight is over a 100kg while is in the 80s for AFL guys.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:06 pm
:lol:

Some of your finest work Posthoc :lol: you really are giving the afl fans a drubbing in here, accurately and eloquently spoken, showing so much more class =D

They’re deadset at a loss aren’t they just :lol: L

Jolly good showing me pork chop, jolly good. :lol:
Some very true facts. I like hocs honesty :cool:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:34 pm
Difficult? As being able to drop the ball as much as you like and play on :lol:
RL allows you to drop the ball as often as you like too, as long as it's backwards. Sums the sport up perfectly. Furthermore, you can get caught with the ball and retain possession 5 times. "Failed to get past us? Try again, and again, and again, and again....." :(/
Or is it difficult by having no crossbars and and an extra set of side goals so you still score even when you miss? :lol:
The object isnt just to score, it's to score more than you opponent. In RL you can fall over a line the width of the field and score. The method of scoring doesnt get any easier than that.
As for NFL, most NFL players would not even know what AFL is lol..
Given some of the best punters in history have come from the AFL I reckon you're wrong
AFL players would get absolutely hammered if you had an NFL player tackling guys in an AFL game. Their average weight is over a 100kg while is in the 80s for AFL guys.
that would be relevant if the aim of the sport was to hammer your opponent. Here's a tip, some sports have more than 1 dimension :wink:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:35 pm

I MUST, as I have always dutifully done for our members and guests, yes I must point out the precise moment when fellow members make the mistake of shitting outta their mouth rather than their arse. Nlol is once again the member in question so please, let us all hold this shit talker to account :salute:

“nlol” wrote:
notice none of the successful codeswappers to afl have been midsize

Lordy I’m certain I follow the afl nowhere near as much as nlol and yet, without a seconds thought I can make two midsize codeswappers one of who was a champion back, one of the best to don a swans guernsey the other successfully held his own till he got a better offer elsewhere.

Kennelly came from a sport with many similarities, Gaelic football and was scouted in 1999 as a rookie at 18. He didnt debut for the swans until 2001. It's not like played a totally different sport all his life and changed codes in his late 20's
Errrm :lol: Is Gaelic football the same code now?

Listen here turd saliva, I’m not the one who decided to slobber shit in here by saying no successful code swappers have been mid size. For your info there’s a long list of mid size Gaelic players who’ve been plenty suCessful in Afl

As for Karmichael? Well he was louded with high praise by many an Afl expert. He has a highlight reel on YouTube better than almost anyone who’s ever played for the Gold Coast suns :lol: he made it and played at the very highest level of Afl on offer. I’m sorry we have different versions of success dear nlol but, well, let’s just say at this point I’ve provided evidence to substantiate my claim, you’ve provided a shitty mouthed scoff ;)

Just admit it nlol, you were very incorrect in your judgement. Take back your fake, false misleading phone arse statement and let’s all move on to some good quality discussion. Just do it nlol...k?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Listen here turd saliva, I’m not the one who decided to slobber shit in here by saying no successful code swappers have been mid size. For your info there’s a long list of mid size Gaelic players who’ve been plenty suCessful in Afl

As for Karmichael? Well he was louded with high praise by many an Afl expert. He has a highlight reel on YouTube better than almost anyone who’s ever played for the Gold Coast suns :lol: he made it and played at the very highest level of Afl on offer. I’m sorry we have different versions of success dear nlol but, well, let’s just say at this point I’ve provided evidence to substantiate my claim, you’ve provided a shitty mouthed scoff ;)

Just admit it nlol, you were very incorrect in your judgement. Take back your fake, false misleading phone arse statement and let’s all move on to some good quality discussion. Just do it nlol...k?
Players success isnt based on a handful of highlights idiot. Khunt was a fleeting marketing tool, nothing more, despite the fact he played ozzie rules as a kid.

Gaelic football is very close to ozzie rules too, hence the international rules.

So please name these successful midsized code hoppers ke
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:18 pm
King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Players success isnt based on a handful of highlights idiot. Khunt was a fleeting marketing tool, nothing more, despite the fact he played ozzie rules as a kid.

Gaelic football is very close to ozzie rules too, hence the international rules.

So please name these successful midsized code hoppers ke
His mates call him Mike Hunt. Has a ring to it.....
:rofl:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: look, khunt made the cut. He deserved his spot on the side and played many many games, kicked game winners and made many great plays all with an under 12 year olds experience at the game :(/ :(/ :(/ that’s right his previous Afl experience was under 12s level, after that he was able to successfully step up to the biggest Afl stage their is :(/ just the facts guys, don’t be disheartened by them.

And nlol? Is Gaelic football a different code than Aussie rules? You still haven’t quite come to acknowledge that

Just tell the truth now nlol, cause you know if you don’t.... ol KE will be a comin to get ya! :lol:

xman wrote:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Khunt showed how easy the mess is to play. I reckon the best story is Mason Cox though. A total non athlete. His only attribute is being 6'11".

Here is what his Wikipedia page says, " While studying, he started playing basketball as a hobby.[9] He initially joined the Oklahoma State Cowgirls' "scout team" to simulate Brittney Griner".

Yep......you heard it right...….he joined the Cowgirls team!!!!! He was a training partner for the ladies lolololololololol!!!!!!!

Presumably after excelling on the ladies training team he was drafted to the mens team lololololololol. Over 3 years and 98 games he was called off the bench for only 24 of them. His average time on the court per game over the 3 years was 30 sec, 90 sec and a stellar 3.5 mins in his last year lolololololol!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!! What a bum lololoololol!!!!! From training partner for the girls to part time player - big time bench warmer - for the mens team to immediate superstar in the Australian Fumbling League!!!!!!!!!

Says it all really. What a lame, unskilled, uncoordinated, fumbling, stumbling, bumbling game it is!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:59 pm
:lol: look, khunt made the cut. He deserved his spot on the side and played many many games, kicked game winners and made many great plays all with an under 12 year olds experience at the game :(/ :(/ :(/ that’s right his previous Afl experience was under 12s level, after that he was able to successfully step up to the biggest Afl stage their is :(/ just the facts guys, don’t be disheartened by them.

And nlol? Is Gaelic football a different code than Aussie rules? You still haven’t quite come to acknowledge that

Just tell the truth now nlol, cause you know if you don’t.... ol KE will be a comin to get ya! :lol:
1. Khunt didnt make the cut, he was a token inclusion only. Despite having some AFL experience and clearly being a great athlete he was in an out of the side and made no real impact on a very ordinary side full of kids.
He played the club's inaugural season in 2011 through to 2014, expecting the transition to be tough; but it proved far more difficult than he anticipated. "Probably the one time I was honest with my family about how I was really feeling during that phase of my life was at a little Thai restaurant in the back blocks near Carrara Stadium after a home game. I was with my dad and my wife – and I was in tears. It was the fourth year of my five-year stint. I was in and out of the team, injuries and form playing a major factor.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-karmic ... c22dcf8a80

Gaelic football shares many skills and attributes with Australian Rules, hence the crossover has been repeated by many players.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:32 pm
Khunt showed how easy the mess is to play. I reckon the best story is Mason Cox though. A total non athlete. His only attribute is being 6'11".

Here is what his Wikipedia page says, " While studying, he started playing basketball as a hobby.[9] He initially joined the Oklahoma State Cowgirls' "scout team" to simulate Brittney Griner".

Yep......you heard it right...….he joined the Cowgirls team!!!!! He was a training partner for the ladies lolololololololol!!!!!!!

Presumably after excelling on the ladies training team he was drafted to the mens team lololololololol. Over 3 years and 98 games he was called off the bench for only 24 of them. His average time on the court per game over the 3 years was 30 sec, 90 sec and a stellar 3.5 mins in his last year lolololololol!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!! What a bum lololoololol!!!!! From training partner for the girls to part time player - big time bench warmer - for the mens team to immediate superstar in the Australian Fumbling League!!!!!!!!!

Says it all really. What a lame, unskilled, uncoordinated, fumbling, stumbling, bumbling game it is!!!!!!!
you lost all credibility with 'superstar' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:09 pm

So that's ya comeback pal!!!!! You don't discuss the issue you criticise an adjective used lolololololol!!!!!!!

Come on pal...…..what do you think of a bloke whose sporting highlights before playing AFL are: 'training partner for the girls team' and 'three year bench warmer for the mens team' lololololololol ???????

What do ya think of his sporting ability???? What about his 3 year transition from ladies basketball training partner to …..lets say star......AFL player?????

Here's a couple of article for ya. They describe Cox as 'starring', playing a 'stunning' game, 'tearing Richmond apart'. You better get onto those journalists for their improper use of adjectives lololololol!!!!!!d

https://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/afl/20 ... gwood-mcg/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-21/ ... l/10285630

https://thewest.com.au/sport/collingwoo ... b88968862z
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Terry just remember ...afl media think these fumbling idiots are ELITE athletes .
That you can throw together a team of turd scramblers & they van take on
The Sokka World Cup ..
Or QLD in SOO .
Or when the Olympics or Com games come around these athletes lol could go well against the worlds best .
My fave was Bert dildo could match Usain Bolt .
The same dildo who got smashed by Billy Slater ,

So to be fair any rational person knows that the afl media are a long way off living in the real world .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:49 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:09 pm

So that's ya comeback pal!!!!! You don't discuss the issue you criticise an adjective used lolololololol!!!!!!!

Come on pal...…..what do you think of a bloke whose sporting highlights before playing AFL are: 'training partner for the girls team' and 'three year bench warmer for the mens team' lololololololol ???????

What do ya think of his sporting ability???? What about his 3 year transition from ladies basketball training partner to …..lets say star......AFL player?????

Here's a couple of article for ya. They describe Cox as 'starring', playing a 'stunning' game, 'tearing Richmond apart'. You better get onto those journalists for their improper use of adjectives lololololol!!!!!!d

https://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/afl/20 ... gwood-mcg/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-21/ ... l/10285630

https://thewest.com.au/sport/collingwoo ... b88968862z
As stated above, Cox is 6'11" and can run and catch a ball. The USA with their large population have many of these, Australia has a handful. Therefore Cox fills a niche position in the AFL given his physical attributes.

Yes, he's played a couple of decent games. Since when does this make someone a superstar?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Nlol, you said “no code swappers to Afl are midsize” ...one question. Is Gaelic football ... yes or no... the same code of footy as the AFL? Yes or no bro :lol:

:rofl:

:\:

After you answer this we must talk more about khunts performance and year after year repetitive selection at the very pinnacle of pinnacles of the Afl ‘code’

:(/

xman wrote: