What I learnt on the weekend

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

What I learnt on the weekend

Post by post_hoc »

I went out to Spotless on Sunday to watch the might Kilkenny take on the tribe of Galway in Hurling. Galway being the All Ireland Champions and Kilkenny winning the League Cup. The cats from Kilkenny are supposed to be rebuilding after dominating Hurling since the turn of this Century with All Ireland titles in 2000, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015. And yet they still continue to win trophy's.

Anyway enough of the background and bragging about the great Kilkenny teams, what did I learn. I learnt just how bad our AFL players are with basic skills. The skill in which hurlers are able to pick the ball up off the hurl, even in rucks, the sheer accuracy of putting the ball over the bar from 60 meters out, very few shots actually went wide.

The amount of fumbles, drops and misses in an AFL game in which the ball is 10 times the size, and you are using your hands to pick the ball up compared to running and lifting it with a stick, catching it, pivoting tossing the ball and hitting it over the bar for 1 point.

I have no idea how the AFL claim they are great athletes after seeing how good these amateurs are.

That is what i learnt this weekend
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: What I learnt on the weekend

Post by NlolRL »

Maybe aussie rules is more difficult than you think. If its all about how unskilled AFL players are in comparison to althetes for other codes then code swappers would dominate.

Yet at the moment we see an NFL player making a massive impact despite failing to make it at the swans
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:38 am
Maybe aussie rules is more difficult than you think. If its all about how unskilled AFL players are in comparison to althetes for other codes then code swappers would dominate.

Yet at the moment we see an NFL player making a massive impact despite failing to make it at the swans
Did this happen before or after you got up? :(/ :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

post_hoc wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:22 am
I went out to Spotless on Sunday to watch the might Kilkenny take on the tribe of Galway in Hurling. Galway being the All Ireland Champions and Kilkenny winning the League Cup. The cats from Kilkenny are supposed to be rebuilding after dominating Hurling since the turn of this Century with All Ireland titles in 2000, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015. And yet they still continue to win trophy's.

Anyway enough of the background and bragging about the great Kilkenny teams, what did I learn. I learnt just how bad our AFL players are with basic skills. The skill in which hurlers are able to pick the ball up off the hurl, even in rucks, the sheer accuracy of putting the ball over the bar from 60 meters out, very few shots actually went wide.

The amount of fumbles, drops and misses in an AFL game in which the ball is 10 times the size, and you are using your hands to pick the ball up compared to running and lifting it with a stick, catching it, pivoting tossing the ball and hitting it over the bar for 1 point.

I have no idea how the AFL claim they are great athletes after seeing how good these amateurs are.

I'm sorry, did you read this back to yourself before posting.......?
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

SportCapital wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Yep, do you have any comments on the content or you just butt hurt and looking to grammar check, if so their are hundreds of posts on here that need your work, off you go.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

post_hoc wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:33 am
SportCapital wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Yep, do you have any comments on the content or you just butt hurt and looking to grammar check, if so their are hundreds of posts on here that need your work, off you go.
Nope, saving breath, just seeing if you legitimately made that comparison.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol fumblers hate when reality encroaches on their bubble .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:34 pm
reality? I debuted his farcical claim yet he hasnt responded at all. Looks like his reality crumbled
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:54 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:34 pm
reality? I debuted his farcical claim yet he hasnt responded at all. Looks like his reality crumbled
As I am not a mind reader, so I have no idea what your issue with what i wrote is. Asking if I have read this back, usually indicates that there is some sort of grammar issue. I have told you I did read it back, clearly you still have some issue that you are unwilling to share, which is kind of strange.

So what is it sally, what are you so upset about?
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

I wasnt the one who pointed out your lack of proof reading
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:22 am
Sorry, I thought you had, my bad.

2 things, you have ex basketball and rugby players playing in the 'best' AFL competition in the world, after playing the game for what 5 years?

As for the NFL, everyone 1 bar 1 I think are in there as kickers or punters or what ever they are called. ie a skill Americans don't excel in. Their sole job is to kick the ball a big distance. And you use that as an example? wow you are desperate.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

Some of your finest work Posthoc :lol: you really are giving the afl fans a drubbing in here, accurately and eloquently spoken, showing so much more class =D

They’re deadset at a loss aren’t they just :lol: L

Jolly good showing me pork chop, jolly good. :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Let me that there’s also been rugby league players and Gaelic football players who’ve had less than three years experience and waltzed into the afl and held their own or excelled at the code :lol:

It’s just pretty unheard of in other codes. Such ease to make it from another code. I heard Usain bolt didn’t make he central coast mariners but I’d put me house on it that if he tried he’d make the afl within 2 years, probably within 6months :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

post_hoc wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:17 pm
NlolRL wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:22 am
Sorry, I thought you had, my bad.

2 things, you have ex basketball and rugby players playing in the 'best' AFL competition in the world, after playing the game for what 5 years?

As for the NFL, everyone 1 bar 1 I think are in there as kickers or punters or what ever they are called. ie a skill Americans don't excel in. Their sole job is to kick the ball a big distance. And you use that as an example? wow you are desperate.
Yes, most have been kickers, but as you've said, it's very hard to go from 1 code to another with limited experience unless you have a unique attribute that is uncommon in the new code. That is the case with AFL players turning punters. they excel at kicking and go from 1 code to the other with limited experience. The latest NFL star is proving to be more than just a punter though.

The above holds true for basketballers coming to AFL. We are a small country with a limited population. We have a limited number of skillful athletes near 7 foot tall who have good endurance to run the required distance, and can handle a ball. Many of those types we do have go to basketball. Therefore when a tall athlete from the USA presents they have a reasonable shot at filling this void. Notice that none of the successful code swappers to AFL have been mid sized? Thats because we have well and truly enough of these type of players.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ok folks, it’s ur KING speaking :wave:

I MUST, as I have always dutifully done for our members and guests, yes I must point out the precise moment when fellow members make the mistake of shitting outta their mouth rather than their arse. Nlol is once again the member in question so please, let us all hold this shit talker to account :salute:

The precise moment the turd arrived in his long speech was right here :|

“nlol” wrote:
notice none of the successful codeswappers to afl have been midsize
:puke:
Errrmmm :hmm: tadg Kennelly anyone?
Karmichael hunt? :lol:

Lordy I’m certain I follow the afl nowhere near as much as nlol and yet, without a seconds thought I can make two midsize codeswappers one of who was a champion back, one of the best to don a swans guernsey the other successfully held his own till he got a better offer elsewhere.

For shame nlol [-X stop shitting in our forum please

xman wrote: