What I learnt on the weekend

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: What I learnt on the weekend

Post by King-Eliagh »

“Nlol” wrote:
As stated above, Cox is 6'11" and can run and catch a ball. The USA with their large population have many of these, Australia has a handful. Therefore Cox fills a niche position in the AFL given his physical attributes.

:(/

Says it all. If... you can run and catch good...YOURE IN!!!!

Thanks nlol, you’ve totally said it all. No wonder there’s ample opportunity for anyone thinking of code swapping to make it to the top of Aussie rules footy. Whether you play bball on a ladies training squad or whether you played Aussie rules for the under 12s local squad... if you can catch and run good you’re filling a ‘niche’!!!

:(/ :rofl: :(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:07 am
:lol:

Nlol, you said “no code swappers to Afl are midsize” ...one question. Is Gaelic football ... yes or no... the same code of footy as the AFL? Yes or no bro :lol:

:rofl:

:\:

After you answer this we must talk more about khunts performance and year after year repetitive selection at the very pinnacle of pinnacles of the Afl ‘code’

are RL and RU the same code?
King-Eliagh wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:17 am
“Nlol” wrote:
As stated above, Cox is 6'11" and can run and catch a ball. The USA with their large population have many of these, Australia has a handful. Therefore Cox fills a niche position in the AFL given his physical attributes.

Says it all. If... you can run and catch good...YOURE IN!!!!

no you disingenuous tool, that doesnt say it all. I said 6'11" and can run and catch a ball.

[-X [-X [-X
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I bet the other turd scramblers were in awe of someone actually catching a ball .
Wow
Can you teach us ?
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by post_hoc »

Well like Rugby League has it's origins with Rugby union, it is not surprising that Gaelic Footballers can play AFL. AFL came from Gaelic Football so it isn't surprising that they can play the sport.

League being the younger, to Union has also shown the most innovation. Whilst Union has been reluctant and slow to change, League has changed when the need to change has occurred. 6 tackles, modified scoring to favor tries over goals , reduced number of players etc.

AFL has tinkered with rules constantly whilst Gaelic Football has remained traditional.

What is without doubt, the skill set claimed by AFL fan boys just isn't that strong when compared to a similar sport such as Hurling. Accuracy, speed, endurance and ability to actually pick the ball up on the run are all missing in AFL when you compare them to Hurling
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

post_hoc wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:43 am
Well like Rugby League has it's origins with Rugby union, it is not surprising that Gaelic Footballers can play AFL. AFL came from Gaelic Football so it isn't surprising that they can play the sport.

League being the younger, to Union has also shown the most innovation. Whilst Union has been reluctant and slow to change, League has changed when the need to change has occurred. 6 tackles, modified scoring to favor tries over goals , reduced number of players etc.

AFL has tinkered with rules constantly whilst Gaelic Football has remained traditional.

What is without doubt, the skill set claimed by AFL fan boys just isn't that strong when compared to a similar sport such as Hurling. Accuracy, speed, endurance and ability to actually pick the ball up on the run are all missing in AFL when you compare them to Hurling
Hurling is impressive to watch thats true. If skills exceed those required in AFL then RL isnt in the same universe
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:20 am

Hurling is impressive to watch thats true. If skills exceed those required in AFL then RL isnt in the same universe
Lol
Isn't in the same universe.lol Tell me why when fumblers step out of the bubble they fare poorly against other athletes ..especially RL players

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:58 pm
Terry wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:49 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:09 pm

you lost all credibility with 'superstar' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So that's ya comeback pal!!!!! You don't discuss the issue you criticise an adjective used lolololololol!!!!!!!

Come on pal...…..what do you think of a bloke whose sporting highlights before playing AFL are: 'training partner for the girls team' and 'three year bench warmer for the mens team' lololololololol ???????

What do ya think of his sporting ability???? What about his 3 year transition from ladies basketball training partner to …..lets say star......AFL player?????

Here's a couple of article for ya. They describe Cox as 'starring', playing a 'stunning' game, 'tearing Richmond apart'. You better get onto those journalists for their improper use of adjectives lololololol!!!!!!d

https://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/afl/20 ... gwood-mcg/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-21/ ... l/10285630

https://thewest.com.au/sport/collingwoo ... b88968862z

Yes, he's played a couple of decent games. Since when does this make someone a superstar?
Ok pal. You got me. He's not a superstar...………..but he has been described as being a 'star', playing a 'stunning' game and 'tearing Richmond apart'. All this after never having heard of or seen the game till 2014.

And to top it off part of his college sporting CV is training with the ladiesbasketball team FFS lolololololol. I mean...….. excuse me for having a little chuckle...…...that's just downright hilarious!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:46 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:20 am

Lol
Isn't in the same universe.lol Tell me why when fumblers step out of the bubble they fare poorly against other athletes ..especially RL players
you mean RL player. Other than Slater the rest of the RL crowd were ordinary
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:17 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:58 pm
Terry wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:49 pm

So that's ya comeback pal!!!!! You don't discuss the issue you criticise an adjective used lolololololol!!!!!!!

Come on pal...…..what do you think of a bloke whose sporting highlights before playing AFL are: 'training partner for the girls team' and 'three year bench warmer for the mens team' lololololololol ???????

What do ya think of his sporting ability???? What about his 3 year transition from ladies basketball training partner to …..lets say star......AFL player?????

Here's a couple of article for ya. They describe Cox as 'starring', playing a 'stunning' game, 'tearing Richmond apart'. You better get onto those journalists for their improper use of adjectives lololololol!!!!!!d

https://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/afl/20 ... gwood-mcg/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-21/ ... l/10285630

https://thewest.com.au/sport/collingwoo ... b88968862z

Yes, he's played a couple of decent games. Since when does this make someone a superstar?
Ok pal. You got me. He's not a superstar...………..but he has been described as being a 'star', playing a 'stunning' game and 'tearing Richmond apart'. All this after never having heard of or seen the game till 2014.

And to top it off part of his college sporting CV is training with the ladiesbasketball team FFS lolololololol. I mean...….. excuse me for having a little chuckle...…...that's just downright hilarious!!!!!
he's played a few impressive games, no doubt. That's what being 6'11" with some athletic ability can do.

According to Wiki he was part of his school's state championship-winning soccer team. For such a tall guy that's pretty impressive running ability.

He started playing basketball as a hobby only while at college studying engineering and was noticed by the University coach who poached him as a walk up player. This was in 2014, the same year he began showing interest in AFL. His very limited basketball highlights included shutting down Joel Embiid who currently stars for the 76ers.

SO I think you guys are wrong trying to claim the guy was some try hard who only ever made the girls team. He sounds like a guy who has plenty of athletic ability but didnt take it anywhere near as seriously as his study. When he did show a little interest he made college basketball level and could match it with some of the best talent. His only real tilt at professional sport was AFL in the same year he played college bball. Not sure how many people could just walk into a college basketball team after barely any experience playing basketball. Sounds like the kind of guy who could walk in to an AFL club with barely any experience.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Simple fact is other sports people can just waltz in & play this abortion at the highest level in the universe .
Without any background in it .
That just doesn't happen in other REAL sports .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:02 am
Simple fact is other sports people can just waltz in & play this abortion at the highest level in the universe .
Without any background in it .
That just doesn't happen in other REAL sports .
he waltzed into college basketball and shutdown Embiid after barely any experience. At least he joined AFL in 2014 but didnt play a senior game for a few seasons
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

How many college bball minutes did your Afl grand final almost best on ground get to play nlol?

:lol: you can waffle on all you like but the minutes the coach put him on the floor don’t lie. he was a shithouse college ball player but, well, the Afl world see him as awesome.

Posthoc is right. The skills of players in other sports codes are far, far far far, far far far far far far far superior to those of our modern day Afl players ;)

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:49 am
How many college bball minutes did your Afl grand final almost best on ground get to play nlol?

:lol: you can waffle on all you like but the minutes the coach put him on the floor don’t lie. he was a shithouse college ball player but, well, the Afl world see him as awesome.

Posthoc is right. The skills of players in other sports codes are far, far far far, far far far far far far far superior to those of our modern day Afl players ;)
You say I waffle then claim Cox was almost BOG? The AFL rated him the 25th best on ground http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-29/p ... rand-final :lol:

Cox with barely any basketball experience played a season of college ball, a level that would exceed the NBL in Australia, and most other basketball comps around the world.

He had more experience in AFL by the time he debuted in 2016.

Shut your lying ignorant trap KE
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Old fishbowl is getting cranky because the reality of how easy it is for other sportsman to play top level AFl is shattering the insular bubble.

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

no, just responding to KE in his own language.

I've already stated why Cox is a special case. If he wasnt 6'11" he wouldnt have gotten past VFL. There's no examples of players coming from nowhere and making a successful career in the AFL, other than exceptionally tall players who play a very specific role. Just like COx had no experience and stepped straight into one of the best basketball comps in the world, his height and obvious athletic abilities made up for his lack of experience.

I can understand why people dont step into RL in a similar way. The game just isnt suited to your regular athlete without huge changes. Massive bodies are required for essentially a one-dimensional collision sport