Canadians like Rugby League a lot more than Chinese like AFL.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
User avatar
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 17472
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Canadians like Rugby League a lot more than Chinese like AFL.

Post by AFLcrap1 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Lol
What's the problem .
He's on topic .
Not abusing anyone .
So how is he trolling by pointing out that afl is far behind Rl in Canada .


Metho madness.
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6450
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Fred » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:02 pm

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:18 am
Fred wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:28 pm
Who are these AFL fans playing it down? This whole rivalary thing seems to stem from the class wars that existed between rugby league and rugby union, having spilled over with the deminiahing role of Rugby Union, onto Australian Rules. I’d be surprised if 1 percent of afl fans outside of nsw and qld where the rugby codes are followed know of the Wolfpack or Canadian rugby league let alone super league.

Me personally, I would not care less one way or another whether there was a professional Australian rules club outside of Australia ... why would I?

Also. This comment

“People are now into a game in Canada that never had any following before” is true and is a great observation

This is the very reason the afl put a team in Western Sydney .... there is now a presence where once there was minimal. Let’s hope both grow and prosper.
When Toronto Wolfpack was announced AFL fans both on the Roar and here said it wouldn't last more than a year. Even wooks is saying they are 3rd division team when they are clearly top of the 2nd division and close to making the Super League.

You can deny it all you like. But AFL is very jealous of other football codes having international growth.

If AFL don't care about trying to go international.
Why do they play games in China?
Why do they have an amateur international cup?
Why has AFL played exhibition matches in NZ?
(which were cancelled early due to lack of support)
Why are the Giants are talking about an exhibition game in America?

Other codes are absolutely smashing AFL internationally, because AFL just isn't an internationally marketable sport. AFL knows this, which is why they are trying all these exhibition matches, AFL X so you can play AFL on football fields in overseas countries.
All these things flop but AFL keeps trying lol..

NSWRL cup has has Fiji in the comp in 2020 now too. Yet AFL is still only able to put new teams in Australia.
I’ve got no issue with stating rl is far far more international than Australian football. I have no doubt there are people within the afl charged with looking to expand into new markets including overseas. I do believe your average afl fan really doesn’t care and I for one dislike the China games. But I do give credence to the afl, as a business, having a doctrine to expand the game. I know many an Nrl fan critical of the nrl admin for not doing the same re expansion and being too risk adverse.

So no issue there.

I was just pointing out your comment re: having presence in Canada for RL through the Wolfpack being a good thing could be equally said for GWS being in western Sydney.


Veni, vidi, vici

User avatar
Quolls2019
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Quolls2019 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:25 pm

Canadian Rugby League was established in 1987 after a couple of early attempts.
However it collapsed in 2000 and pretty much was not played until the re-establishment of the league in 2010. Some 9’s were played around 2002 but information is scarce.

There is not as yet a national league.

The 3 regional leagues maintain amateur status.

The Ontario Rugby League has 7 listed Teams, 4 of which are currently inactive.
Established in 2010, highest crowd I can find is “2,000 approx”. 1 of the stadiums has a listed capacity of 200.

The Atlanta Rugby League has 3 teams, no attendance figures could be found.

The British Columbia Rugby League is currently the largest league in Canada.
Established in commencing in 2012 it currently has 5 operating teams with a further 6 listed as defunct or inactive. None of their stadiums has a capacity greater than 2,000. The largest attendance I can find is “below 2,000.



The Canadian Rugby National team highest home attendance for international games, both against the USA, is 2013 @ 7,200 and in 2014 @ 7,356.

The “Toronto” FIFO’s playing in the league championship has undoubtedly raised the profile of league in Canada, their highest home attendance is 9,562. 2019 home average is 7,605.

If they win promotion to Super League this year interest will most likely increase.

Sharing the World Cup with the US in 2025 will also lift the profile.

The VFL played several exhibition games in Canada in the late 80’s

12/10/1989 Toronto, Geelong v Melbourne Attendance 24,639

16/10/1988 Toronto, Collingwood v Hawthorn, Attendance 18,000

18/10/1987 Vancouver, Melbourne v North Melbourne, Attendance 7,980

19/10/1987 Vancouver, Melbourne v Sydney, Attendance 32,789

Canadian Football is the big code there.

“During the 1980s and 1990s, CFL attendance declined sharply, reaching its nadir by the mid 1990s due in large part to the league's unsuccessful attempt to expand to the United States.”

The Canadian Football League average attendance, with 8 teams, for 1989 was below 17,000.

“An average of 25,286 fans watched CFL games in 2014. CFL attendance has been depressed during the middle of the current decade by short-term issues, most notably the lack of stadium availability in Toronto and Hamilton. By 2018, attendances in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver were consistently below 20,000 fans, prompting long-term concerns in those markets.

In 2019 there’s limited interest in Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto, the country’s three largest cities. None of those teams drew 23,000 per game on average. In Montreal, they’re actually shrinking the capacity of the Alouettes’ stadium next season, to 20,025 from an already tiny 23,430.”

The Grey Cup (their Grand Final) is usually above 50,000, sometimes 60,000+.

Considering all the above, the Australian game did pretty damn good, so good I am a bit surprised they didn’t continue, but there certainly was no attempt to establish the sport there.

And I for one am pretty happy with that.



NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1893
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:46 pm
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:03 pm

Quolls2019 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:25 pm
Canadian Rugby League was established in 1987 after a couple of early attempts.
However it collapsed in 2000 and pretty much was not played until the re-establishment of the league in 2010. Some 9’s were played around 2002 but information is scarce.

There is not as yet a national league.

The 3 regional leagues maintain amateur status.

The Ontario Rugby League has 7 listed Teams, 4 of which are currently inactive.
Established in 2010, highest crowd I can find is “2,000 approx”. 1 of the stadiums has a listed capacity of 200.

The Atlanta Rugby League has 3 teams, no attendance figures could be found.

The British Columbia Rugby League is currently the largest league in Canada.
Established in commencing in 2012 it currently has 5 operating teams with a further 6 listed as defunct or inactive. None of their stadiums has a capacity greater than 2,000. The largest attendance I can find is “below 2,000.



The Canadian Rugby National team highest home attendance for international games, both against the USA, is 2013 @ 7,200 and in 2014 @ 7,356.

The “Toronto” FIFO’s playing in the league championship has undoubtedly raised the profile of league in Canada, their highest home attendance is 9,562. 2019 home average is 7,605.

If they win promotion to Super League this year interest will most likely increase.

Sharing the World Cup with the US in 2025 will also lift the profile.

The VFL played several exhibition games in Canada in the late 80’s

12/10/1989 Toronto, Geelong v Melbourne Attendance 24,639

16/10/1988 Toronto, Collingwood v Hawthorn, Attendance 18,000

18/10/1987 Vancouver, Melbourne v North Melbourne, Attendance 7,980

19/10/1987 Vancouver, Melbourne v Sydney, Attendance 32,789

Canadian Football is the big code there.

“During the 1980s and 1990s, CFL attendance declined sharply, reaching its nadir by the mid 1990s due in large part to the league's unsuccessful attempt to expand to the United States.”

The Canadian Football League average attendance, with 8 teams, for 1989 was below 17,000.

“An average of 25,286 fans watched CFL games in 2014. CFL attendance has been depressed during the middle of the current decade by short-term issues, most notably the lack of stadium availability in Toronto and Hamilton. By 2018, attendances in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver were consistently below 20,000 fans, prompting long-term concerns in those markets.

In 2019 there’s limited interest in Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto, the country’s three largest cities. None of those teams drew 23,000 per game on average. In Montreal, they’re actually shrinking the capacity of the Alouettes’ stadium next season, to 20,025 from an already tiny 23,430.”

The Grey Cup (their Grand Final) is usually above 50,000, sometimes 60,000+.

Considering all the above, the Australian game did pretty damn good, so good I am a bit surprised they didn’t continue, but there certainly was no attempt to establish the sport there.

And I for one am pretty happy with that.
Mate the CFL is gridiron football. Not AFL. What are you on about?

There is no video evidence I ever ever seen of any decent support for AFL in Canada.

Wookie the Sookie claims this bullshit all the time but can't provide any video evidence either.


RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 4 COUNTRIES

AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com

Fred
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6450
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 am
Team: Collingwood
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Fred » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:07 pm

Didn’t Wookie do a number of interviews with afl associations or clubs from various countries a whole back?


Veni, vidi, vici

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Posts: 1893
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:46 pm
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:09 pm

The_Wookie wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:38 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:19 am


How about we see some proper VIDEO EVIDENCE of AFL leagues and following in Sweden, Canada or South Africa. I'm certain it would be just expats living in these countries playing it if you can even find any.

Because so far, AFLs following in Canada seems to be well behind the progress Rugby League is having there with the Toronto Wolfpack.
HOW ABOUT YOU USE YOUR FUCKING EYES YOU TROLLING DROP KICK.

Seriously I consider this fucking spam at this point.
Mate my eyes see nothing because you have nothing to show regarding video evidence that AFL has support in Canada.

Now instead of deleting my replies like a big wuss. Why don't you just admit your talking shit. :lol:

Calls me a drop kick because I make him look like a fool. :(/


RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 4 COUNTRIES

AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com

User avatar
Quolls2019
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Quolls2019 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:39 pm

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:03 pm
Quolls2019 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:25 pm
Canadian Rugby League was established in 1987 after a couple of early attempts.
However it collapsed in 2000 and pretty much was not played until the re-establishment of the league in 2010. Some 9’s were played around 2002 but information is scarce.

There is not as yet a national league.

The 3 regional leagues maintain amateur status.

The Ontario Rugby League has 7 listed Teams, 4 of which are currently inactive.
Established in 2010, highest crowd I can find is “2,000 approx”. 1 of the stadiums has a listed capacity of 200.

The Atlanta Rugby League has 3 teams, no attendance figures could be found.

The British Columbia Rugby League is currently the largest league in Canada.
Established in commencing in 2012 it currently has 5 operating teams with a further 6 listed as defunct or inactive. None of their stadiums has a capacity greater than 2,000. The largest attendance I can find is “below 2,000.



The Canadian Rugby National team highest home attendance for international games, both against the USA, is 2013 @ 7,200 and in 2014 @ 7,356.

The “Toronto” FIFO’s playing in the league championship has undoubtedly raised the profile of league in Canada, their highest home attendance is 9,562. 2019 home average is 7,605.

If they win promotion to Super League this year interest will most likely increase.

Sharing the World Cup with the US in 2025 will also lift the profile.

The VFL played several exhibition games in Canada in the late 80’s

12/10/1989 Toronto, Geelong v Melbourne Attendance 24,639

16/10/1988 Toronto, Collingwood v Hawthorn, Attendance 18,000

18/10/1987 Vancouver, Melbourne v North Melbourne, Attendance 7,980

19/10/1987 Vancouver, Melbourne v Sydney, Attendance 32,789

Canadian Football is the big code there.

“During the 1980s and 1990s, CFL attendance declined sharply, reaching its nadir by the mid 1990s due in large part to the league's unsuccessful attempt to expand to the United States.”

The Canadian Football League average attendance, with 8 teams, for 1989 was below 17,000.

“An average of 25,286 fans watched CFL games in 2014. CFL attendance has been depressed during the middle of the current decade by short-term issues, most notably the lack of stadium availability in Toronto and Hamilton. By 2018, attendances in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver were consistently below 20,000 fans, prompting long-term concerns in those markets.

In 2019 there’s limited interest in Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto, the country’s three largest cities. None of those teams drew 23,000 per game on average. In Montreal, they’re actually shrinking the capacity of the Alouettes’ stadium next season, to 20,025 from an already tiny 23,430.”

The Grey Cup (their Grand Final) is usually above 50,000, sometimes 60,000+.

Considering all the above, the Australian game did pretty damn good, so good I am a bit surprised they didn’t continue, but there certainly was no attempt to establish the sport there.

And I for one am pretty happy with that.
Mate the CFL is gridiron football. Not AFL. What are you on about?

There is no video evidence I ever ever seen of any decent support for AFL in Canada.

Wookie the Sookie claims this bullshit all the time but can't provide any video evidence either.
Chuckles I suggest you read my post again, no where did I say Canadian football is AFL or even
suggest it is remotely related, because it isn’t, it is however one of the 4 rugby related codes and the most popular in Canada, dwarfing Rugby League but not travelling to well itself.

There were 3 seperate sections to my post.

1. The state of rugby league in Canada, very minor sport. And a note on the Toronto FIFO,s.
2 The VFL exhibition games in Canada.
3. Comments on the most popular “football” code in Canada (which is rugby related”.

I apologise if it was as confusing for you and I will try to make my posts simpler for you and all your
Chuckball friends



User avatar
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 17472
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by AFLcrap1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:41 pm

Lol got any recent afl crowds to compare to the Canadian Rl side
I'll wait


Metho madness.
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

User avatar
Quolls2019
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Quolls2019 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:06 pm

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:41 pm
Lol got any recent afl crowds to compare to the Canadian Rl side
I'll wait
AFL Round 23
AFL: Collingwood v Essendon Melbourne Cricket Ground 85,405
AFL: Sydney Swans v St Kilda Sydney Cricket Ground 33,722
AFL: North Melbourne v Melbourne Blundstone Arena 8,202
AFL: Geelong Cats v Carlton GMHBA Stadium 31,669
AFL: West Coast Eagles v Hawthorn Optus Stadium 55,859
AFL: Gold Coast Suns v GWS Giants Metricon Stadium 7,610
AFL: Western Bulldogs v Adelaide Crows Mars Stadium 9,560
AFL: Richmond v Brisbane Lions Melbourne Cricket Ground 76,995
AFL: Port Adelaide v Fremantle Adelaide Oval 27,504

Last Canadian RL local game played 2019 1,146, damn good crowd for them.
Most recent Toronto FIFO crowd reported, not this weekends game as no attendance figures have yet been stated, 5,769.
Great for a fully professional side playing against, and I use this term as gently as I can, semi professional.

I am sure you wanted to make a point, I am equally sure you did not want to promote Australian Rules, which you did, so what were you try to say?



AngloFootballLeague
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:20 pm

Quolls2019 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:06 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:41 pm
Lol got any recent afl crowds to compare to the Canadian Rl side
I'll wait
AFL Round 23
AFL: Collingwood v Essendon Melbourne Cricket Ground 85,405
AFL: Sydney Swans v St Kilda Sydney Cricket Ground 33,722
AFL: North Melbourne v Melbourne Blundstone Arena 8,202
AFL: Geelong Cats v Carlton GMHBA Stadium 31,669
AFL: West Coast Eagles v Hawthorn Optus Stadium 55,859
AFL: Gold Coast Suns v GWS Giants Metricon Stadium 7,610
AFL: Western Bulldogs v Adelaide Crows Mars Stadium 9,560
AFL: Richmond v Brisbane Lions Melbourne Cricket Ground 76,995
AFL: Port Adelaide v Fremantle Adelaide Oval 27,504

Last Canadian RL local game played 2019 1,146, damn good crowd for them.
Most recent Toronto FIFO crowd reported, not this weekends game as no attendance figures have yet been stated, 5,769.
Great for a fully professional side playing against, and I use this term as gently as I can, semi professional.

I am sure you wanted to make a point, I am equally sure you did not want to promote Australian Rules, which you did, so what were you try to say?
Belittle league in Canada. The fact there's a pro team means it dwarfs anglofl there. You're just making Canadian anglofl seem more crap.



User avatar
Quolls2019
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Quolls2019 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:39 pm

Anglophile

I am sure you still wanted to make a point, please make it.



AngloFootballLeague
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Anglofl outside of Australia is a joke.



User avatar
Quolls2019
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Quolls2019 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:00 pm

We don’t care.
And as far as the pro rugby league side, Toronto FILO’s, no Canadian players, no North American players, based in England, besides the name, how are they a Canadian side...even the NRL can do that...oops no they can’t because their broadcasters has just told them to get rid of team(s).

So again what is your (reasonable) point?



AngloFootballLeague
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:07 pm

You guys need to get on same page - this topic is full of anglofl insulars boasting about global numbers. In reality you have Nauru, that's it.



User avatar
Quolls2019
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Quolls2019 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:23 pm

Still not sure of your point but the total attendance of a home and away round of a
AFL more than doubles, and sometimes triples the top three Chuckball leagues weekly attendance figures and if, heaven forbid, the figures for next 2 Australian Rules comps are added in, well, not embarrassing for Australian Rules.
Again it is Australian Rules, the majority of fans don’t care that it is not international, probably don’t think of it, and for Chuckball fans to keep relying on “but we are international and your not”
Pretty much demonstrates that you can’t depend on your own local comp to win your argument, so why keep trying?



Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Recent Member

Please welcome our newest member:

Greg
  • Joined: Yesterday
  • Last Visited: Yesterday
  • Team: Tigers
  • Location: Sydney
  • Total posts: 0

Recent Members

All Time
Username
Join Date