Canadians like Rugby League a lot more than Chinese like AFL.

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Canadians like Rugby League a lot more than Chinese like AFL.

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Wooks they are in 2nd devision now and trying to get into the Superleague.
Were in 3rd devision almost 2 years ago.

They have some decent support for a sport hardly known in Canada. You can't deny this.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:57 am
Lol yep
Where's a pro or semi pro team .
Where's a team playing in a pro or semi pro comp?
Lol
It's a question that can't be answered .

I can answer that if you are referring to Australian Rules Footy?
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:00 pm
Lol yep
Lol
You have one fucking team playing 3rd division league. Dont fucking carry on like its the be all and end all or that it someone reduces australian footballs actual playing numbers in the area.

But then of course you do, you do the same shit with origin.
:lol: :lol:
Cranky much?
To use your language
It's one more fucking team than afl has in the entire world outside Aust .
So yeh
It's a million miles ahead of your sport
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:23 pm
Lol yep
Lol

I can answer that if you are referring to Australian Rules Footy?
AFL would have about as much presence in Canada as Gridiron in Victoria.
Mate Rugby League is way ahead of you guys in Canada.
One professional club in Toronto and another one on it's way in Ottawa in 2020.

You can't deny Rugby Leagues Wolfpack has got some decent support in Toronto.

🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:01 pm
Not denying it. Im not saying that outside the Wolfpack, you've got less presence than the AFL. Wolfpack be all you've got.
Well Ottawa Stags are on their way. So they will have two clubs soon.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/rugby/english ... -1.5142569
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:12 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:09 pm
Not denying it. Im not saying that outside the Wolfpack, you've got less presence than the AFL. Wolfpack be all you've got.

And still wont change anything about the australian football presence. These clubs arent playing in a canadian league of any kind.
I just question the support for AFL in Canada. Because if they had lots of people playing AFL. Surely there would be some players able to make the AFL and wouldn't Canada be winning the AFL international cup all the time if they had strong leagues for AFL there?

The only way you really gain any traction for a sport in a country or region is to put a professional club there. Where your code gets media coverage, spectators, funding, sponsorship. Then creating junior leagues behind the club also which is happening in Canada.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:25 pm

And still wont change anything about the australian football presence. These clubs arent playing in a canadian league of any kind.
I just question the support for AFL in Canada. Because if they had lots of people playing AFL. Surely there would be some players able to make the AFL and wouldn't Canada be winning the AFL international cup all the time if they had strong leagues for AFL there?

The only way you really gain any traction for a sport in a country or region is to put a professional club there. Where your code gets media coverage, spectators, funding, sponsorship. Then creating junior leagues behind the club also which is happening in Canada.
Anglofl numbers in Canada are fantasy. Bunch of expats that's it.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:06 pm

Is this opinion or are you speaking from some authors five position? I am guessing a jealous rant and tanty
Veni, vidi, vici
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Soon to be two pro clubs with the current one regularly drawing crowds over 7,000. Dwarfs Anglofl's expat presence.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:07 pm
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:06 pm

Is this opinion or are you speaking from some authors five position? I am guessing a jealous rant and tanty
Based on similar claims about anglofl presence in places like South Africa & Sweden which amounted to nothing.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:01 pm
Fred wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:07 pm
Based on his limited comprehension of amateur sport I can only assume, and a general refusal or inability to do any kind of research on the matter before spouting bullshit.

[
AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:10 pm
]Based on similar claims about anglofl presence in places like South Africa & Sweden which amounted to nothing.
LOL only amounted to nothing in your opinion. Which is apparently limited to teams playing 3rd division league in England.

AFL South Africa still operates - if mostly limited to the FootyWild program - and AFL Sweden has a 4 team league in Stockholm and teams that compete in the danish competition.
https://www.facebook.com/FootWILD/
http://aflsweden.com/

AFL Ontario has been running a comp since 1989 - one of the first overseas Australian footy leagues to fire up.
Rugby League has competitions in many countries, but you don't see fans boasting about numbers because a lot is driven by expats & nothing will come of it. The fact there's professional teams that draw actual crowds shits on whatever little presence anglofl may have.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:29 am
Quolls2019 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:28 am
“The Toronto Wolfpack has cut back on its television broadcasts to save money.

The transatlantic rugby-league team has been paying the production costs to air home and away games on Sky Sports in Britain. The broadcasts have been carried in Canada on Game TV and online by CBC.

On Wednesday, the Wolfpack said it will not televise games at Lamport Stadium against York City Knights (Aug. 10) and Leigh Centurions (Sept. 7).

“The Wolfpack have invested a significant amount of money in covering all costs for the production to date in 2019,” the club said in a statement. “This decision has been made to reduce costs in the leadup to our much anticipated Betfred Championship playoff campaign.

“Toronto Wolfpack looks forward to returning to our largest-ever global television audiences in September, when the Betfred Championship playoffs get underway,” the statement added.

Broadcast of the two other remaining regular-season games – against Rochdale Hornets (Aug. 17) and Barrow Raiders (Aug. 31) – was previously nixed because they clashed with Catalan Dragon games, according to the Wolfpack. A July 6 game against Halifax RLFC was also not televised because of such a conflict.”

So popular it has no television rights in its own country. If by chance they lose the promotion game, I reckon they are gone.

Their millionaire backers are starting to count the pennies.
Championship will get own TV deal next year. May be better location than superleague - but keep commenting on stuff you know nothing about.
2 things, I wasn’t commenting, but direct posting from a Canadian news site, so I suggest you live up to your own “principles”.

And if the championship gets its own deal next year, and Toronto are in Superleague, how does that benefit either the Wolves or Rugby in Canada?
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:35 pm

The transatlantic rugby-league team has been paying the production costs to air home and away games on Sky Sports in Britain. The broadcasts have been carried in Canada on Game TV and online by CBC.

On Wednesday, the Wolfpack said it will not televise games at Lamport Stadium against York City Knights (Aug. 10) and Leigh Centurions (Sept. 7).

“The Wolfpack have invested a significant amount of money in covering all costs for the production to date in 2019,” the club said in a statement. “This decision has been made to reduce costs in the leadup to our much anticipated Betfred Championship playoff campaign.

“Toronto Wolfpack looks forward to returning to our largest-ever global television audiences in September, when the Betfred Championship playoffs get underway,” the statement added.

Broadcast of the two other remaining regular-season games – against Rochdale Hornets (Aug. 17) and Barrow Raiders (Aug. 31) – was previously nixed because they clashed with Catalan Dragon games, according to the Wolfpack. A July 6 game against Halifax RLFC was also not televised because of such a conflict.”

So popular it has no television rights in its own country. If by chance they lose the promotion game, I reckon they are gone.

Championship will get own TV deal next year. May be better location than superleague - but keep commenting on stuff you know nothing about.
2 things, I wasn’t commenting, but direct posting from a Canadian news site, so I suggest you live up to your own “principles”.

And if the championship gets its own deal next year, and Toronto are in Superleague, how does that benefit either the Wolves or Rugby in Canada?
Who are the Wolves & why are you talking about Rugby?
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Is the Toronto Wolfpack, not the Wolves. Warrington Wolves are another professional Rugby League team in the UK.

Having a professional team has huge benefits for the sport. People are now into a game in Canada that never had any following before.
A lot of AFL fans are playing it down. But lets be honest. AFL would love a professional club in another country.

Canadian Rugby League fans.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Who are these AFL fans playing it down? This whole rivalary thing seems to stem from the class wars that existed between rugby league and rugby union, having spilled over with the deminiahing role of Rugby Union, onto Australian Rules. I’d be surprised if 1 percent of afl fans outside of nsw and qld where the rugby codes are followed know of the Wolfpack or Canadian rugby league let alone super league.

Me personally, I would not care less one way or another whether there was a professional Australian rules club outside of Australia ... why would I?

Also. This comment

“People are now into a game in Canada that never had any following before” is true and is a great observation

This is the very reason the afl put a team in Western Sydney .... there is now a presence where once there was minimal. Let’s hope both grow and prosper.
Veni, vidi, vici