Afl vs NRL Competition - the 2018 finals series

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Afl vs NRL Competition - the 2018 finals series

Post by King-Eliagh »

So back to the topic at hand.

What do people think the margin in this years afl gf will be?

My prediction?

Collingwood by 48. :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

And after 8 matches the avg whooping in the afl 2018 finals series has risen to a whopping 34 points! :shock:

That’s the AVERAGE :shock: points differential in this years afl finals series folks

It’s now a six goal differential! :shock:

It’s just a shame job really. It’s the bleeding finals for fukk sake! They’re meant to be evenly matched and we get this after 8 matches???

xman wrote:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

THE BIG 1 has Arrived>>

AFL AND NRL G.F

which will claim the Crown and be the most watched Grand Final Event of the year!

Melbourne Storm v Sydney Roosters
Collingwood Magpies v West Coast Eagles
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

Nobody wants to see Collingwood or West Coast win. A lot of neutral supporters are less interested.

I'm sure it'll still rate really well but there's people that normally wouldn't care, that are looking forward to watching Storm more so they can cheer for someone.

Such is the love for the Pies..
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Cats_Steve wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:43 pm
Nobody wants to see Collingwood or West Coast win. A lot of neutral supporters are less interested.

I'm sure it'll still rate really well but there's people that normally wouldn't care, that are looking forward to watching Storm more so they can cheer for someone.

you could put Roosters on the same bar as Collingwood>>

A Hated Rich Club in Sydney that no one likes.
but has a low membership base.

I am predicting 3.6mill for the NRL Nationally
with below avg for NSW
high for melbourne
abit above average for QLD
SA and WA Flat.

AFL To get 3.5mill

be interesting to see the results.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Roosters V Storm isn't a game that's gonna get the casual supporters interested. If it was the Rabbitohs instead of the Roosters I would be predicting big numbers. I think this one will be down on recent years.

I'm not sure about the AFL. At least they have 2 teams that haven't been in the big one for a few years. They should equal last years numbers at least.

What I do know is that RL will rate higher in Melbourne than the AFL will do in Sydney. And probably by a big margin with the Storm playing.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:54 pm
Cats_Steve wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:43 pm

you could put Roosters on the same bar as Collingwood>>

A Hated Rich Club in Sydney that no one likes.
but has a low membership base.

I am predicting 3.6mill for the NRL Nationally
with below avg for NSW
high for melbourne
abit above average for QLD
SA and WA Flat.

AFL To get 3.5mill

be interesting to see the results.

The Roosters have a low membership based because South's have stolen half of there territory over the years. The agreement to enter the league back in 1908 was signed at the Paddington town Hall, an area now claimed by South's. South's built a club for juniors slap - dab in the middle of Eastern Suburbs and over the years have used it to Poach our Juniors . The only people that hate the Roosters are those jealous of there success.

A Rooster is a cocky strutting bird that will not take backward step!

The only club to have played in every season since rugby league was first introduce in Australia!

Winner of more matches than any other!

The only club to go through 2 seasons undefeated!

The Only Club to have won 19 matches Consecutively !

Go Easts :thumbleft:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
FumbleBALL
Team: Melbourne Storm
Been liked: 0

Post by FumbleBALL »

NRL to get 3.9mil with massive ratings in Melbourne for the Storm.

Fumbleball to get a disappointing 3.4mil because the sport is in serious decline as shown by this season's ratings nosedive
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

A huge audience will tune in and become eagles supporters in the hope of witnessing a collingwood flogging. The storm will rate well in Melbourne but viewers will taper off elsewhere as only one Sydney team and no qld team.
My estimate in AFL 3.9 mill Vs NRL 3.4 mill.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

The RL will rate really well in Melbourne because we've never feared the NRL and are happy to get around the Storm.
There'll be heaps of us watching for the first time all year, it's obviously going to rate much better than the AFL will up there.

The biggest Melb club v the biggest interstate club is not going to make for nosediving numbers for the afl.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Re: Afl vs NRL Competition - the 2018 finals serieslk

Post by King-Eliagh »

The question is .... will the afl gf be an actual contest today? Or will it be a lopsided piece of dogshit match like almost every single afl gf since the afl expansion in 2011? :lol:

The numbers don’t lie folks, since 2011 the afl grand finale, between the top two sides of the comp, the supposedly most evenly and highly matched competitive outfits the afl has to offer....since 2011 the avg difference between the two sides has been..... wait for it..... this is the AVERAGE folks ..... drum roll please.... A WHOPPING .... FORTY FUCKIN POINTS!!!

Seven goal thrashing’s all round!!! :(/ :lol:

Folks generally the afl grand final game is over before three quarter time :lol: so for all the bells and whistles, for all the hype, for all the $400+ The poor deluded punters pay per ticket, for all the 3 hours of viewing including the 40mins offical Resty the afl players leggys at quarter, half and three quarter time, for all of that we almost certainly get.... a deadbeat contest, one sided, unexciting, nail growing match that’s over before three quarter time.

I’m sorry to say but That’s the thread theme folks, if you can’t deal with the truth of it or you can’t argue and fight against it? Kindly make ur own lil mutual masturbation thread elsewhere. :lol:

Warm regards,
KING

:afro:

xman wrote:
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:47 am
The question is .... will the afl gf be an actual contest today? Or will it be a lopsided piece of dogshit match like almost every single afl gf since the afl expansion in 2011? :lol:

The numbers don’t lie folks, since 2011 the afl grand finale, between the top two sides of the comp, the supposedly most evenly and highly matched competitive outfits the afl has to offer....since 2011 the avg difference between the two sides has been..... wait for it..... this is the AVERAGE folks ..... drum roll please.... A WHOPPING .... FORTY FUCKIN POINTS!!!

Folks generally the afl grand final game is over before three quarter time :lol: so for all the bells and whistles, for all the hype, for all the $400+ The poor deluded punters pay per ticket, for all the 3 hours of viewing including the 40mins offical Resty the afl players leggys at quarter, half and three quarter time, for all of that we almost certainly get.... a deadbeat contest, one sided, unexciting, nail growing match that’s over before three quarter time.

I’m sorry to say but That’s the thread theme folks, if you can’t deal with the truth of it or you can’t argue and fight against it? Kindly make ur own lil mutual masturbation thread elsewhere. :lol:

Warm regards,
KING

Wasn't "chasing all the fumblers out" so you guys could have your own little mutual masturbation sessions anyway?
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Cats_Steve wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:46 am

Warm regards,
KING

Wasn't "chasing all the fumblers out" so you guys could have your own little mutual masturbation sessions anyway?
We didn't chase anybody away. The fumblers scurried away with there tails between there legs. They seen , day after day of negative AFL press. I guess it reality finally caught up to them.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cats_Steve wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:46 am

Warm regards,
KING

Last time I read the forum title this place was called “the fight club”

Not my fault the wimpo afl supporters can’t handle the press.

Can you Steve? You seem to want more of a love in than a fight club.... :lol:

So on topic, when will today’s game be done and dusted? Odds are it’ll be a clear cut victory right on three quarter time. :lol:

xman wrote:
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

Collingwood by a point in an all time classic.

I'm very sorry for disrupting your near-silent back slapping threads.