Afl vs NRL Competition - the 2018 finals series

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Afl vs NRL Competition - the 2018 finals series

Post by King-Eliagh »

Richmond came back to ... within four goals :lol:

:roll:

Riveting stuff :lol:

Seriously how mundane has the Afl finals series. Has there been even one game that’s gone down to the last few mins?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

You reckon a 3 try differential in a game where I'm assuming 5 tries were scored is closer?

4 goals being a margain which can be easilly retrieved.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Stevie, please you don’t need to fake it bro. The result was clear very early in the game and four goals is a mammoth lead with less than a quarter of footy to play. Anyone who’s played and observed the game for years like myself knows that.

Let me be clear the storm game last night was just as shite. But the big diff is almost every single afl final has not been close at all. Just like last year. Whilst the nrl has had around 50percent of its finals absolute down to the wire thrillers, just like last year.

It’s chalk and cheese Stevie boy. :D:

xman wrote:
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:18 pm
Stevie, please you don’t need to fake it bro. The result was clear very early in the game and four goals is a mammoth lead with less than a quarter of footy to play. Anyone who’s played and observed the game for years like myself knows that.

Let me be clear the storm game last night was just as shite. But the big diff is almost every single afl final has not been close at all. Just like last year. Whilst the nrl has had around 50percent of its finals absolute down to the wire thrillers, just like last year.

It’s chalk and cheese Stevie boy. :D:
Yes the series on the whole has been disappointing in this regard, absolutely.

Melbourne are putting out an insipid performance as we speak.

For someone who has "played the game himself and observed it for years" - your AFL knowledge is very poor.

Watch the last quarter of the game. After Richmond lifted at the end of the 3rd and then kicked the first 2 of the last to put them within reach... you reckon that wasn't game fucking on?

And the sound as a result of every one of those last 6 goals, including Collingwood's 3 to kick clear, was something the NRL could only dream about outside of origin.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Meanwhile as I speak after a quarter of afl final footy, all and sundry, cept those with shitfobrains, know west coast have beaten tanksters melb. :lol:

The commentators said at half time “no one could’ve picked melbourne to be goalless at half time... it’s been more than 90 years since a finals team has done a whole half of footy without a goal” :lol:

Well folks. I’m here to tell you all. Ol KE coulda picked Melbs to go scoreless for a full half. Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t kick a goal for the rest of the match :) it’s not surprising given the way the afl is becoming more and more lopsided, not surprising at all.

xman wrote:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Cats_Steve wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:52 pm
You reckon a 3 try differential in a game where I'm assuming 5 tries were scored is closer?

4 goals being a margain which can be easilly retrieved.

You have a short memory . With the exception of 2 games every NRL semi has gone down to the final minutes , even seconds. How many AFL matches had you on the edge of your seat with the final quarter still to go? Think of any :hmm: Try halftime , that might be easier :(/ :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

That one was over by quarter time :rofl: :rofl:

Gill assured me he was going to fix this lopsided matches problem. :hmm:

I'm confused :hmm: aren't lop sided matches a Carlton thing.???

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

I don't like Richmond so for me I enjoyed watching the best team all year get a thorough black and blue ( white) beating. To see a group of cocky arrogant players fail when it matters was not to miss.
The game play was quite fast and ferocious, of a high standard despite the scoreline suggesting otherwise. The game was worth watching hope you all enjoyed it. Waited up till midnight for coach interviews to see what Damien hardwick offered as an excuse for this debacle, he said it is what it is and the sun will still rise in the morning.
What else could you say ?
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

Bbear wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:57 pm
I don't like Richmond so for me I enjoyed watching the best team all year get a thorough black and blue ( white) beating. To see a group of cocky arrogant players fail when it matters was not to miss.
The game play was quite fast and ferocious, of a high standard despite the scoreline suggesting otherwise. The game was worth watching hope you all enjoyed it. Waited up till midnight for coach interviews to see what Damien hardwick offered as an excuse for this debacle, he said it is what it is and the sun will still rise in the morning.
It was fantastic to see some Tigs fans put back in their place.

There seems to be a disconnect in here between needing to be within a couple of goals in the last few mins to make it as close as a game of RL is when it's a try or even 2 in the last few mins.

Does this make every game of soccer within a goal or 2 at the end "a far tighter finish" too, when the scoring isn't relative at all?
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:59 pm
Meanwhile as I speak after a quarter of afl final footy, all and sundry, cept those with shitfobrains, know west coast have beaten tanksters melb. :lol:

The commentators said at half time “no one could’ve picked melbourne to be goalless at half time... it’s been more than 90 years since a finals team has done a whole half of footy without a goal” :lol:

Well folks. I’m here to tell you all. Ol KE coulda picked Melbs to go scoreless for a full half. Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t kick a goal for the rest of the match :) it’s not surprising given the way the afl is becoming more and more lopsided, not surprising at all.
What a shit, disappointing match.

How would you have picked Melb to go in goal less at halftime? Would you have based it on the fact that Melbourne beat them in Perth only a month ago?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Cats_Steve wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:49 am
Bbear wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:57 pm
It was fantastic to see some Tigs fans put back in their place.

There seems to be a disconnect in here between needing to be within a couple of goals in the last few mins to make it as close as a game of RL is when it's a try or even 2 in the last few mins.

Does this make every game of soccer within a goal or 2 at the end "a far tighter finish" too, when the scoring isn't relative at all?

I guess it must. There the most popular game in the world, Not the most popular game in Victoria.

Actually, you guys said it wright there! Both more concerned about the coaches reaction and other things than the actual game.

Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

I guess it must. There the most popular game in the world, Not the most popular game in Victoria.
Cheers, silly of me to suggest Soccer wasn't the most popular sport in the world like that.
Actually, you guys said it wright there! Both more concerned about the coaches reaction and other things than the actual game.
Just not true
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cats_Steve wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:59 am
King-Eliagh wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:59 pm

What a shit, disappointing match.

How would you have picked Melb to go in goal less at halftime? Would you have based it on the fact that Melbourne beat them in Perth only a month ago?

Ahh Stevie me boy, lemme guide you to a fantastic thread of mine that was created this time last year

https://www.talkingfooty.com/forums/vie ... 017+finals

So to answer your question. I’m basing my unsurprise at Melbourne being scoreless at half time and copping an absolute thrashing on two things.

1. The 2017 afl finals series where teams were thrashed in seven out of the total 8 finals that occurred.

2. The afl regular season comp where absolute one sided thrashings have been occurring regularly, usually several every week since at least 2011.

I’m gunna ask politely now. Stevie, my boy, please open your eyes, wake up out of the delusion and recognise the massive problems with the afl comp. First of all the comp itself is massively lopsided with the top teir teams not even belonging on the same footy field as the bottom 4-5 squads. Secondly there’s something wrong with the game itself...I think this is what the top dog tv exec who funds the code in excess of a billion shmackaroonies is getting at...i don’t really know what it is but it seems that even the when top tier teams meet each other the chances of a boring one sided event are way more likely than they were a decade ago.

Two mammoth problems compromising competition in the afl. :wink: I’m not surprised at all that tankaholic Melbs copped a fukkin hiding yest. And you too shouldn’t be now Stevie my boy. You don’t have to thank me for broadening your horizon but if you really want to that’s ok too :cool:

:lol:

xman wrote:
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

Here's one that may surprise you, seemed irrelevant in a "fight club" but here goes...

I agree with many of your points.

The game itself right now has massive on-field issues. I'm not at all surprised that the ratings are down. There's many disgruntled fans, like myself, who are frustrated with this, and the league for not addressing it properly

I'd be happy to address any of them..
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Superb, it looks like we have a rare afl fan capable of posting honestly on here folks.

Give Stevie a clap for his acknowledgement that the afl comp is quite a turdburger! =D :lol:

Finally, an afl fan that doesn’t appear to be confined to a cultist afl bubble like mentality.

Well said Stevie. Well said. You have opened the gate to a dialogue here in tfc. Take note Stevie. This is something many, in Fact the vast majority of afl fans couldn’t do in the past on here, and hence why they’ve left in a huff and a puff after being smashed for their poorly juvenile attitudes in here by yours truly and other rugby league fans.

Keep up your honesty, stay relaxed and you’ll have a fine ol time in here me bro :wink:

xman wrote: