Afl rounds 23 salivating matchups

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Afl rounds 23 salivating matchups

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well another Afl season is set to close. The lads are just about finished a gruelling season of 23 matches filled with 💯 interchanges :lol: loooong half time breaks and the mandatory stop and have a rest at quarter and three quarter time! =D these athletes must be dead tired but don’t get me wrong here they’ll be out this weekend at full throttle!

And we have a blessed final round with some real spine tingling matchups!!! :cheers:

:\: First up we have a real epic about to unfold on Saturday with Geelong vs suns! Geelong are coming off a 158-25 dispatching of Fremantle so really this one against the suns is anyone’s game! The gap between 8th place and 17th in the Afl is just nothing really. :^o Should go right down to the wire and if I was a betting man I’d be putting my house on a draw in this one folks 8-[

:\: then not even 20 mins later we have Richmond up against the western bulldogs. Two heartland teams with absolutely nothing between em. You just know the bulldogs will come out fighting and give their all and take Richmond deep into the fourth quarter in this one :^o my prediction? Tigers by less than a goal. 8-[

:\: Then just two hours later we have the pride of the west, the team that can bring it and go three quarters without a goal whenever they want and total 25 points over two hours of football when they’re really on their z game. Fremantle are taking on Collingwood the team that may well be sponsored by the kkk. It’s gunna be a bobby dazzler if a match, one not to miss! :^o My prediction? Fremantle by a point 8-[

:\: And not long later we’ve got another rip snorter of a game for you. Carlton!!! The team who next season will likely be wearing the best guernsey ever to grace an Afl field. The kings of the Friday night fizzers! The blues, quite literally :lol: , taking on 12th places crows. There’s simply nothing in it between 12th and 18th in Afl comps over the last decade so we are in for a real treat!!! :^o my prediction? CarltOn (excited to wear their dull grey 2019 guernsey) in a close one by 4points 8-[

:\: Then just one day later we’ve got my faves! Brissie!!! They’ve been one of the hottest most entertaining clubs in the Afl for nigh on a decade now. Just sizzling performances! And they’re taking on the eagles in what promises to be a real gruelling contest. Back and forth stuff for a full four quarters :^o my prediction? Brissie to win by ten with 2 exciting goals in dying minutes 8-[

It’s gunna be awesome folks. Don’t miss these classic Afl matchups! :cheers: :\: :cheers:

:cool:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Afl rounds 23 salivating matchups

Post by AFLcrap1 »

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Pete_2211
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Brisbane Lions
Been liked: 0

Post by Pete_2211 »

Great analysis King!

Cant wait for you to do the finals
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:29 pm
Well another Afl season is set to close. The lads are just about finished a gruelling season of 23 matches filled with 💯 interchanges :lol: loooong half time breaks and the mandatory stop and have a rest at quarter and three quarter time! =D these athletes must be dead tired but don’t get me wrong here they’ll be out this weekend at full throttle!

And we have a blessed final round with some real spine tingling matchups!!! :cheers:

:\: First up we have a real epic about to unfold on Saturday with Geelong vs suns! Geelong are coming off a 158-25 dispatching of Fremantle so really this one against the suns is anyone’s game! The gap between 8th place and 17th in the Afl is just nothing really. :^o Should go right down to the wire and if I was a betting man I’d be putting my house on a draw in this one folks 8-[

:\: then not even 20 mins later we have Richmond up against the western bulldogs. Two heartland teams with absolutely nothing between em. You just know the bulldogs will come out fighting and give their all and take Richmond deep into the fourth quarter in this one :^o my prediction? Tigers by less than a goal. 8-[

:\: Then just two hours later we have the pride of the west, the team that can bring it and go three quarters without a goal whenever they want and total 25 points over two hours of football when they’re really on their z game. Fremantle are taking on Collingwood the team that may well be sponsored by the kkk. It’s gunna be a bobby dazzler if a match, one not to miss! :^o My prediction? Fremantle by a point 8-[

:\: And not long later we’ve got another rip snorter of a game for you. Carlton!!! The team who next season will likely be wearing the best guernsey ever to grace an Afl field. The kings of the Friday night fizzers! The blues, quite literally :lol: , taking on 12th places crows. There’s simply nothing in it between 12th and 18th in Afl comps over the last decade so we are in for a real treat!!! :^o my prediction? CarltOn (excited to wear their dull grey 2019 guernsey) in a close one by 4points 8-[

:\: Then just one day later we’ve got my faves! Brissie!!! They’ve been one of the hottest most entertaining clubs in the Afl for nigh on a decade now. Just sizzling performances! And they’re taking on the eagles in what promises to be a real gruelling contest. Back and forth stuff for a full four quarters :^o my prediction? Brissie to win by ten with 2 exciting goals in dying minutes 8-[

It’s gunna be awesome folks. Don’t miss these classic Afl matchups! :cheers: :\: :cheers:

What did the AFL do to you when you were little?
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cats_Steve wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:09 am

:lol: what’s wrong kitty? Didn’t you enjoy the analysis? Aren’t you pumped about these enticing saliva inducing matchups?

:lol:

xman wrote:
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

King-Eliagh wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:28 pm

:lol: what’s wrong kitty? Didn’t you enjoy the analysis? Aren’t you pumped about these enticing saliva inducing matchups?

You're obviously quite knowledgable on the game and love doing your research. Please continue with the rest of the rounds' matches.

I'd also love to know what you thought of the otherwise pulsating finish to the season which had the top 12 sides all very real finals chances going into the 2nd last round.

Since you've played AFL, know the game etc. Please enlighten me further.
Pete_2211
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Pete_2211 »

The silence is deafening :)
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: =D

Jolly good kitty my man, jolly good! =D you should recognise my knowledgeable ways more often, it suits you :lol:

As for your question it’s quite simple and I’ve said it before. The top eight race in the afl was good this year. That’s no sweat off my brow to acknowledge. But that’s not the point of this thread. Point is the afl could and should drop four teams. They simply don’t have an evenly matched competition. And they haven’t for at least the last seven years. In fact it’s a lopsided to bloody billio joke as I’ve highlighted in the op and as will no doubt be highlighted for the umpteenth time this weekend.

The afl expansion has failed miserably and drastic action is required but alas not forthcoming. So unfortunately for you poor sods ur gunna have to get used to me rubbing the lopsided piece of dogshit that is the afl competition in ur faces until you face reality and agree with me :)

Savvy?

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Pete_2211 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:01 am
Great analysis King!

Cant wait for you to do the finals
Thanks Pete :)

If you can’t wait please feel free to read my analysis thread on last years nrl vis a vis Afl finals, which proved the Afl 2017 finals series (which included only one close game in first week) was likely the most lopsided finals in all Australian professional sporting history, and probably the world :lol:

https://www.talkingfooty.com/forums/vie ... s+lopsided

https://www.talkingfooty.com/forums/vie ... s+lopsided

xman wrote:
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

Waiting for you to cover the rest of Rd 23
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

There’s no problem with the remaining 4 games of round 23 kitty. They should be actual contests where two top level teams go at it. Unfortunately for you and other afl fans, the afl doesn’t field top level teams each week. They, for almost a decade now, have been fielding 4-5 teams which belong and would likely be run of the mill in the vfl and wafl.

You gettin the drift yet kitty cat? Or would you prefer to keep looking away :lol:

But but but the other games will be ok :lol:

And pete? Where are ya? The silence is bloody deafening bro! :lol:

xman wrote:
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

Nah I don't look away.

Like I've said, I agree with some of your points.

There aren't 4 or 5 too many teams. The quality of the player doesn't change all that much.

The spread is not even.

There are 2 too many teams. Not because of talent, because they're pointless.

Also not a "but but but" person.
Pete_2211
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Pete_2211 »

I have nothing more to say.

Im just looking forward to your finals preview in 2 weeks
PerfectToATee
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 1 time

Post by PerfectToATee »

Cats_Steve wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:21 am

You're obviously quite knowledgable on the game and love doing your research. Please continue with the rest of the rounds' matches.

I'd also love to know what you thought of the otherwise pulsating finish to the season which had the top 12 sides all very real finals chances going into the 2nd last round.

He’s a massive AFL closet fan Steve. He even separated with his hard earned to attend the AFL grand final the other year. Secretly loves the game.
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

PerfectToATee wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:06 am
Cats_Steve wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:21 am

He’s a massive AFL closet fan Steve. He even separated with his hard earned to attend the AFL grand final the other year. Secretly loves the game.
I was starting to think as much.

At least that would make some sense.