GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Scrap the Suns? Former AFL coach’s radical plan to reshape league amid crisis

Ross Lyon believes scrapping the Gold Coast Suns and creating a 17-team competition could help salvage the AFL as it faces its biggest crisis of all time.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

We’re not folding: Gold Coast Suns say they can survive the coronavirus crisis, and want more AFL support after it

The AFL contributed $27.5 million to the Gold Coast Suns in 2019, bringing its total investment to more than $250 million since founding the club in 2009.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:14 pm
Scrap the Suns? Former AFL coach’s radical plan to reshape league amid crisis

Ross Lyon believes scrapping the Gold Coast Suns and creating a 17-team competition could help salvage the AFL as it faces its biggest crisis of all time.
you guys are so shitting bricks over GWS & GCS :wave:

all this constant obsession and talk in denial over those teams growth Over the next few decades :\:

all whilst trying to ignore your own pathetic codes clubs continue to hemerage money
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Yes, if the GWS become as successful as the swans then that is a major achievement for the afl and for Australian rules. Time will tell. The worst that can happen for the afl is something drastic happens that sucks away all their money....... oh wait. Lol. But eve. If gws were fold it’s still status quo minus several mil. :)
Veni, vidi, vici
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

I'd be alright seeing the Suns disappear, which I don't think is unrealistic, they won't let GWS disappear though. Doesn't bother me what the need to pump into them, they're necessary.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

How would the AFL be sitting at this time if they had not expanded to the Gold Coast and Western Sydney. They'd have over $400M extra in the bank. And I don't believe the BS about another game bringing in enough money to pay for 'em.

They could have stuck to 16 teams and played one more round & that would have more than covered the amount these teams bring to the game. I'd say some Melbourne clubs might asking this question right now!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Nope. Wrong again. And as usual narrow and simplistic view of things.

1. Growth of game in non traditional markets.

2. One extra round will not generate the same revenue. How many extra hours would one round provide as opposed to one extra game a week.

3. Allows a game each week to be played in Sydney and seq.

4. Allows for local derby to be played.

5. Further expands national footprint.

You sure you’re not a Pauline Hanson voter Terry lol. Your myopic view that provides apparent simple solutions to complex issues or problem would make you a good candidate. You should contact them for preselection. Either that it get on the board of the nrl lol.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:12 pm
Nope. Wrong again. And as usual narrow and simplistic view of things.

1. Growth of game in non traditional markets.

2. One extra round will not generate the same revenue. How many extra hours would one round provide as opposed to one extra game a week.

3. Allows a game each week to be played in Sydney and seq.

4. Allows for local derby to be played.

5. Further expands national footprint.

You sure you’re not a Pauline Hanson voter Terry lol. Your myopic view that provides apparent simple solutions to complex issues or problem would make you a good candidate. You should contact them for preselection. Either that it get on the board of the nrl lol.
Nice try Freddy boy!!!! Have you got the brains trust together again pal lolololololololo???????

Unfortunately you completely missed the point lolololololol!!!!!!!!!! All those little thingy's you listed are nothing but subjective talking points that have nothing to do with my premise. The point is pal: how would the AFL be situated during this coronavirus crisis if they had another $400M in the bank? I suggest they would be far, far better off. At some stage I suspect some club official in Melbourne will be asking this question.

And pal, you can try to insult me with your drivel if you like but it's just laughable child like behaviour. Actually now that I think about it.............please continue...................we all need a good laugh at this time of corona crisis lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!

Good ya pal...............keep morale high!!!!!!!!!!
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Again... simplistic view. It’s not an end sun game. Where’d the afl be if they hadn’t expanded ? There is more to it than just money.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:34 pm
Again... simplistic view. It’s not an end sun game. Where’d the afl be if they hadn’t expanded ? There is more to it than just money.
Whoooooosssshhhhkkkkaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! Straight over ya head again Freddy lolololololololol!!!!!!!!!!! I'd say right at this time it is most definitely ALL ABOUT MONEY!!!!!! Where have ya been the last 2 weeks pal???????? The jungle lololololol???????? :\: :\: :\:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:38 pm
Whoooooosssshhhhkkkkaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! Straight over ya head again Freddy lolololololololol!!!!!!!!!!! I'd say right at this time it is most definitely ALL ABOUT MONEY!!!!!! Where have ya been the last 2 weeks pal???????? The jungle lololololol???????? :\: :\: :\:

Woooooooooo straight over your head again Terry lolllololol !!!! That’s the difference short term v long term. You just don’t get it.... a bit like the nrl admin l. As said... not an end sun game. At least give me a chsllenge dumb arse it’s getting boring. Bring back KR I need the intellectual equivalent. It’s far too easy here and he and I got each other.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:52 pm
Lol
Robin to his Batman ... George Clooney Batman unfortunately
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:54 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:38 pm

Woooooooooo straight over your head again Terry lolllololol !!!! That’s the difference short term v long term. You just don’t get it.... a bit like the nrl admin l. As said... not an end sun game. At least give me a chsllenge dumb arse it’s getting boring. Bring back KR I need the intellectual equivalent. It’s far too easy here and he and I got each other.
Ahhhhh Freddo...............what to do with a kid like Freddo lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take out your juvenile attempts at insults pal & you've basically said nothing!! And what little you did say was answering a question that was not asked lolololololol!!!!!!!

So Freddy.................go back and read my earlier posts.............try to take it in........... and for gods sake respond to the issue at hand and answer what has been asked. At the moment its like asking someone what they think about oranges and they give an answer ranting on about apples lolololololol!!!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol careful Terry
You'll get a rambling amateur diagnosis by Dr Gangsta.
He seems to take an unhealthy interest in what he thinks is going on in your life
Hilarious stuff
He Won't talk about the subject..just a deflective load of shit

Fumblers don't miss getting the Sharon between the giant sticks when it comes to deflection .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o