GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:06 pm
The afl is a business. Biggest sporting business in Australia by a country mile. No one disputes that. Western Sydney is a huge untapped market for the AFL - they simply needed to grow the game there. It’s a business decision. Take the parochialism of football out of it - put another product in its place with the same predicament. To not try and grow the game in one of the countries most populated areas would be negligent. Have they made mistake, I believe so. However, the biggest mistake would have not to have done something. This is business 101 guys. The other mistake would not be to adjust and change based on incoming collateral. If it were me, I’d admit Canberra was a mistake. Pull away from this. People in western Sydney are not going to have but in with a part-time team. I’d even think about naming the team after a suburb - yes, you may alienate some but you’ll grab those from that area. Look at another team in the area in 20 years maybe. But that’s, admittedly, just a option to explore. I do agree that a change is needed. How to do that is the question. They must maintain a side in the area. That’s a no brainer. They are failing at hearts and minds - that’s also obvious. The game is growing - this is true. But that’s no good if people choose to support another team in the afl! We see this with the titans on the Gold Coast where Rl rules but people seem to choose another Rl team. I think that’s what happening with GWS - those who do follow afl only a small percentage follow the giants.
ah..
life in a bubble

so safe & warm.... no one can hurt me in here :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

lets see

the game is growing ...I presume the idiot means in western sydney ?

ah no it isn't, 1% participation ..... thats .... 1%
its down there with cheese rolling & medi evil sword fighting
its irrelevant to the vast majority of western sydneysiders & the clowns assertion that just because they aren't following the midgets doesn't mean they're not following the awful shows what a bubble enclosed halfwit he is

native western sydneysiders aren't playing ... or watching , or supporting anyone with noodle arms & singlets ..
& unlike the swines who had similar issues in their first 10 years with no success , only improving when they started to win

this plastic garbage team has already had plenty of success & it has made not one iota of difference

not one

iota :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

https://aflsj.com.au/club-information/western-sydney/

Seems these club lists are being filled by ghosts lol.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

Fred wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:51 am
https://aflsj.com.au/club-information/western-sydney/

Seems these club lists are being filled by ghosts lol.
1% fumbler

% :cool:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The afl is a business. Biggest sporting business in Australia by a country mile. No one disputes that. Western Sydney is a huge untapped market for the AFL - they simply needed to grow the game there. It’s a business decision. Take the parochialism of football out of it - put another product in its place with the same predicament. To not try and grow the game in one of the countries most populated areas would be negligent. Have they made mistake, I believe so. However, the biggest mistake would have not to have done something. This is business 101 guys. The other mistake would not be to adjust and change based on incoming collateral. If it were me, I’d admit Canberra was a mistake. Pull away from this. People in western Sydney are not going to have but in with a part-time team. I’d even think about naming the team after a suburb - yes, you may alienate some but you’ll grab those from that area. Look at another team in the area in 20 years maybe. But that’s, admittedly, just a option to explore. I do agree that a change is needed. How to do that is the question. They must maintain a side in the area. That’s a no brainer. They are failing at hearts and minds - that’s also obvious. The game is growing - this is true. But that’s no good if people choose to support another team in the afl! We see this with the titans on the Gold Coast where Rl rules but people seem to choose another Rl team. I think that’s what happening with GWS - those who do follow afl only a small percentage follow the giants.
you do have a point, Western Sydney is Huge and only growing... AFL saw nothing but Money in this move and thought there brand would take a liking to eventually over a period of time.
Many AFL folk said GWS would be one of the biggest brands in the game.
and if you look into it without any knowledge of Sydney and surrounds you would prob think, yeah WOW they will be..

Yes 100% GWS taking 4 games a year to Canberra is a big mistake,
it tells me a few things in this move, AFL are covering bases, and are looking at government incentives to help boost the bottom line..

In fact most games in Canberra are well attended i guess due to that fact ACT don't get any AFL footy.
the Canberra Crowds are actually doubling the Olympic Park crowds.

AFL will keep pursuing with OZ Kick and school clinics in the western districts but i am afraid it will be more money down the drain.

the crowds are worse now than when they started in those first 2-3 years
which is crazy strange as the membership has grown from few thousand to 30k lol (you do the math)
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:29 am
you do have a point, Western Sydney is Huge and only growing... AFL saw nothing but Money in this move and thought there brand would take a liking to eventually over a period of time.
Many AFL folk said GWS would be one of the biggest brands in the game.
and if you look into it without any knowledge of Sydney and surrounds you would prob think, yeah WOW they will be..

Yes 100% GWS taking 4 games a year to Canberra is a big mistake,
it tells me a few things in this move, AFL are covering bases, and are looking at government incentives to help boost the bottom line..

In fact most games in Canberra are well attended i guess due to that fact ACT don't get any AFL footy.
the Canberra Crowds are actually doubling the Olympic Park crowds.

AFL will keep pursuing with OZ Kick and school clinics in the western districts but i am afraid it will be more money down the drain.

the crowds are worse now than when they started in those first 2-3 years
which is crazy strange as the membership has grown from few thousand to 30k lol (you do the math)
Agree, doesn't add up - but I have never really thought membership to be a marker of success. I think full season membership maybe? Mayybe with Gil going the new person may make some changes. changes are indeed needed.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:29 am
The telling figure would be revenue from memberships & i'd say its grown little from day one. They just give them away these days & count anyone they can to pad their figures & appear relevant.

Polishing a turd , thats all the awful are doing in western sydney
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

too true, I think Wookie looked at the revenue and it did not add up to sales through gate and membership's

Which = Free tickets / giveaway's for memberships.
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 98 times

Post by WookieReturns »

Terry wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:19 am

Basic conclusion: This is bumsniffing Wookies conclusion. Which makes it irrelevant. The dill continues to assume some authority or knowledge he simply does not possess.
really bugs you that there are people who care what i write about stuff doesnt it. lol. Cry more.
These users liked the author WookieReturns for the post:
Beaussie (Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:42 am)
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Gone wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:40 pm
Terry wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:19 am

Basic conclusion: This is bumsniffing Wookies conclusion. Which makes it irrelevant. The dill continues to assume some authority or knowledge he simply does not possess.
really bugs you that there are people who care what i write about stuff doesnt it. lol. Cry more.
Oh bummy lololololololol!!!!! Such delusion lolololol!!! But do carry on pal. You're a wery wery important man lolololo!!! Or is that impotent haha????
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

Terry wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:29 pm

Oh bummy lololololololol!!!!! Such delusion lolololol!!! But do carry on pal. You're a wery wery important man lolololo!!! Or is that impotent haha????
Ive never once claimed that I was either. Its been you and folks like you that have. I post data and my own analysis of that data. Thats it. Now one of us has works with a media website and 4300+ followers on twitter. I cant really help what you think of it, but you be you.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Gone wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:56 pm

Ive never once claimed that I was either. Its been you and folks like you that have. I post data and my own analysis of that data. Thats it. Now one of us has works with a media website and 4300+ followers on twitter. I cant really help what you think of it, but you be you.
Thanks bummy, I'll always be me funnily enough lolololol. And I just checked out your magnificent twitter site. Most posts get zero comments pal. Some get a couple at most. You sure you didn't buy those 4300+ followers?????? They're a very very quiet mob bummy 'ol pal lololololol!!!!!!
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

Terry wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:14 pm

Thanks bummy, I'll always be me funnily enough lolololol. And I just checked out your magnificent twitter site. Most posts get zero comments pal. Some get a couple at most. You sure you didn't buy those 4300+ followers?????? They're a very very quiet mob bummy 'ol pal lololololol!!!!!!
Your a special kind of jealous tool.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Gone wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:39 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:14 pm

Your a special kind of jealous tool.
Hahahahahah!!! Ya never fail to live down to your appalling standards bummy lolololol!!!!!

But its good that you're back pal. I look forward to more sparring with you. It's like two great heavyweights throwing bombs and, jabbing, moving and throwing more bombs. Boooodifoool stuff loloololol!!!

Oh............and it's a knockout victory to good 'ol Tez hahahahah!!!
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

Terry wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:50 pm

Hahahahahah!!! Ya never fail to live down to your appalling standards bummy lolololol!!!!!

But its good that you're back pal. I look forward to more sparring with you. It's like two great heavyweights throwing bombs and, jabbing, moving and throwing more bombs. Boooodifoool stuff loloololol!!!

Oh............and it's a knockout victory to good 'ol Tez hahahahah!!!
well you do like to call your own victories....even if there isnt really anything for you to be victor of.