GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Cats_Steve »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:16 am
Cats_Steve wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:48 am
But what do you consider a level playing field to be?
If you want to expand in a small country into places with no interest in the game, how do you do that without concessions?
Have the Storm had it any better than the Sydney clubs for the last 20 years?
If the NRL want to go to Adelaide and Perth, how do you think they are going to do that sustainably whilst keeping a level playing field with the Sydney clubs?

Or do they just not try because it compromises the comp?
A level playing field is the opposite of what I posted above .
Everyteam on the same $$$ on field .
No team given extra $$ under a bullshit name
No team given the best young talent.

The arlc has made it clear to the 7-8 places interested in putting a team in the nrl .
You must be financially viable
You must be able to stand on your own 2 feet .
You must have a plan to show how this will be achieved l

In the nrl if your team wins a GF it's because they were the best team .
In the AfL ...if you were a lions or Swans or in future the midgets the same can't be said .
It's because of the massive advantages you were given over other teams......

It's not hard to understand .
Midgets - sharp. No, it's not hard to understand.

What is hard to understand is why you didn't answer the rest of the questions?
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

My answer covered all your questions . .
Are you too stupid to comprehend?

Expansion into areas with no interest.......read about having a viable financial model .

No the storm havnt had it better ...no extra $$$ or players .
& when they cheated the cap they were Harshy. penalised
A bit different to your mob .
Afl house does the cheating for certain teams

What part of expansion teams having to show how they can support themselves don't you get .

There is nothing wrong with setting up a new team in foreign territory & giving them as much off field assistance as needed .
But when it comes to the on field comp...every team should be level.
No extra players to choose from
No extra $$ in the salary cap .

I've had this argument many times on here & it's always the same ..
You mob don't seem to have a prob following a rigged comp .
It's bizarre
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

How the fuck have the Storm had so many superstars since their inception then? Feels like and endless stream. Have they just got lucky with their feeders clubs?

I get you saying expansion teams standing on their own two feet. Ours need to do the same, absolutely. GC are coming to the end of their road I think but as long as they are still there - yes I'm happy to see them helped. As you know, blowouts can happen too easily in the AFL. Especially after free-agency is fucking them, and all the weaker clubs, over even more.

I've never looked at it as a rigged comp because of this - maybe that is bizarre. I see it as necessary to build clubs in places there is widespread disdain for the game. Particularly as most of the help they do get can be so hit and miss. Particularly if the list managers are ******* like Gold Coast's.
But they've existed for 7 and 8 years now and there needs to be a cut off point.

With the NRL, I'll only look at Adelaide and Perth as they are enemy territory and seem to be the logical places you'd expand.

When you say standing on their own 2 feet - obviously 1 is financially, but on field... what do you expect of these clubs to be doing, regarding generating and keeping enough talent, to be competetive?

And how long do you give them?
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Melbourne just happened to have had 3 of the best players for over a decade - there other players that they've had over that time haven't been any better than anywhere else, probably not as good.

And when there big 3 first came through they certainly weren't the number 1 draft picks. It just turned out that way.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

The storm, as much as I hate em, also have to be respected for their work and team culture. The coaching staff down there have brought players down like ado-Carr and fit him into a culture that’s helped him become a supreme athlete and professional. They’ve done this with several players.

The storm also have been the best at exploiting the rules of the game to get every possible advantage they can get. They got no shame

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

This is Very true>>

as stated Before Melbourne Storm have a Feeder clubs in QLD 2 as a fact
in the QLD CUP

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ouncement/

Sunshine Coast Falcons
CQ Capras

and 1 Feeder club in the U20's
Victoria Thunderbolts
which plays in the QLD u20's comp

the Big 3 and which now includes Munster were freakly chosen at young age> any other club could
of bought these kids, Storm were just luckly enough to get them and wow look what they become..
all this was done within the rules..

Slater who played for Brothers.
Smith who played for North Devils
Cronk who played for North Devils
Munster who player for East Tigers

the rest of there playing talent has been scouted from NSW and QLD cup
and clubs who did not want them
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

The nsw Aboriginal rugby league knockout is upon us >>

Will Inglis lead supreme for macksville?
Could Fifita be the difference for his mob?
Will Cody walker help Lismore go a few steps further this year?

Who will take out the big prize?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

It seems the Suns and GWS are experiencing a massive off season exodus of players desperate to get the hell out of these two low level AFL inventions. The cost of propping up these two inconsequential entities must be going up by millions $$ every day. It appears no one really wants to play there - and who can blame them??

So far the Suns have lost co-captain Tom Lynch & the other co-captain Steven May is desperately trying to flee the sinking ship. They also expect to lose Jack Scrimshaw, Aaron Hall & Kade Koldojashnij.

The Giants look like losing Dylan Shiel, Rory Lobb, Jeremy Finlayson and Will Setterfield. Whilst Steven Coniglio and Josh Kelly are also believed to have their bags packed for a hopeful quick exit. Ouch!!!!!!

So far the traffic looks to be purely one way with only reserve graders, no names & wannabes being linked to the two failing clubs. AFL house is gonna have to spend money equivalent to the budgets of small nations to keep these two afloat and in any way relevant.

With TV ratings plummeting 15% in one year good luck with that!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

I'm sure Gill the dill is working on a way to ensure their survival....no matter how crooked/dishonest etc it will be .
He will come up with some fancy name to funnel extra millions & extra talent & the gullible brainwashed fumble faithful will nod & say ..yeh it's fine .

🤣
Xman wrote
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:31 pm
Expansion into areas with no interest.......read about having a viable financial model .
Yep let’s do that eh. Well Wookie has done it already.

http://www.footyindustry.com/?page_id=2717

WTF? :^o

Equal playing field.... yeah ok :roll:
In 2010, Crikey noted that the Storm had been losing 6 million a year, with News covering the losses.

In 2012, the Australian Rugby League Commission guaranteed $26.5 million over the next six years to Melbourne Storm with the express aim to being “to keep the game thriving in Victoria”.

In March 2012, Roy Masters remarked that the Storm were losing 8 million a year.

In August 2013, Fairfax reported that the Storm had been overspending to the tune of between $2 million and $5 million for 15 years. This shortfall had been financed by News Ltd and the amount spent by the club does not seem to be falling since the salary cap scandal in 2010.

The Storm football club spent about $20 million a year, or about $2-$4 million more than most other clubs except for the wealthy Broncos.

What part of expansion teams having to show how they can support themselves don't you get .
Hmm the irony.
In June 2015, Fairfax quoted Storm owner Bart Campbell.

“Our lofty aspiration is to be solvent – that meaning cash comes in, cash comes out and at the end of the year the books balance. We are not in that position yet

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Seriously how dumb are you .
You make some of the previous dumb dumb Aflol posters on here look like they are in the genius class
Firstly
I've stated over & over that off field assistance for clubs in non heartland areas is fine .
I'm talking ON FIELD ..
No NRL club gets any benefit on field .
Every team has the same amount in the salary cap ...
No team gets GIVEN extra talent .

You then take my quote where I say that any future expansion teams wanting to get into the nrl have to show a viable financial model & somehow try to apply it to a team that has been in the comp for 20 years ...shows just how fucking stupid you are .
We are talking about the conditions which the ARLC stated are needed for FUTURE teams
Here's a news flash the ARLC wasn't around in 98 .

Bea
You're Dumber than a bag of hammers .

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:18 am
Yep let’s do that eh. Well Wookie has done it already.

WTF? :^o

Equal playing field.... yeah ok :roll:
In 2010, Crikey noted that the Storm had been losing 6 million a year, with News covering the losses.

In 2012, the Australian Rugby League Commission guaranteed $26.5 million over the next six years to Melbourne Storm with the express aim to being “to keep the game thriving in Victoria”.

In March 2012, Roy Masters remarked that the Storm were losing 8 million a year.

In August 2013, Fairfax reported that the Storm had been overspending to the tune of between $2 million and $5 million for 15 years. This shortfall had been financed by News Ltd and the amount spent by the club does not seem to be falling since the salary cap scandal in 2010.

The Storm football club spent about $20 million a year, or about $2-$4 million more than most other clubs except for the wealthy Broncos.

Hmm the irony.
In June 2015, Fairfax quoted Storm owner Bart Campbell.

“Our lofty aspiration is to be solvent – that meaning cash comes in, cash comes out and at the end of the year the books balance. We are not in that position yet

Totally ignorant statements Beatup!!! Everyone knows and agrees the AFL expansion teams, particularly GWS & Suns, got massive financial and player advantages over all other clubs.

The AFL draft was corrupted for years to give all the best talent to GWS and the Suns and they get massively bigger grants. Apparently this is why GWS are now losing player after player this off season. After 7 seven years of massive draft and other concessions they are being wound back. Let's see how they go with an almost level playing field.

On the other hand the Storm always operated under the same salary cap and grants as all other clubs. They were gifted nothing.

The article posted by Wookie is about the sale of the Storm and News Ltd guaranteeing money to cover expenses for 6 years. This was for administration and expected operating losses. Their salary cap was the same as everyone else and they gained zero players. This money is akin to a Leagues club covering Football club operating losses ala Parramatta and others.

You then post articles years old stating how much the Storm lose. Here is the up to date numbers. Yep, all looking pretty rosy for the Storm. They will break even or make a small profit this year and project surpluses in the coming years.

Good try pal. But it's good to have at least one fumbler's arguments to destroy!!! Just like the good 'ol days here!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Here's the article - didn't upload in last post.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/storm- ... 506ll.html
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:19 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:28 pm
On the other hand the Storm always operated under the same salary cap and grants as all other clubs. They were gifted nothing.
Well they were supposed to operate under the same salary cap, they didnt.
The article posted by Wookie is about the sale of the Storm and News Ltd guaranteeing money to cover expenses for 6 years. This was for administration and expected operating losses. Their salary cap was the same as everyone else and they gained zero players. This money is akin to a Leagues club covering Football club operating losses ala Parramatta and others.
No its not. This grant was a condition of the sale to get News out of the Storm, otherwise no one would have bought the damn thing.
The salary cap rorting is a wholly different thing. They lost 2 priemierships and got hammered by the NRL. Which actually proves my point - no advantages given by head office.

And we'll be disagreeing over sale issue as it is a subjective point. But it was in no way an advantage on the playing field.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The_Wookie wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:19 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:28 pm
Well they were supposed to operate under the same salary cap, they didnt.
No its not. This grant was a condition of the sale to get News out of the Storm, otherwise no one would have bought the damn thing.
Lol
& they were punished by the NRL for NOT operating under the cap .

A stark difference to the AFl .
Where afl house made sure certain teams got EXTRA $$$ .its laughable that the mob who run the sport & are supposed to have no cheating ..no rorting the cap & keeping things fair are the ones who do the opposite .
How the fuck anyone can defend this is beyond me .

🤣
Xman wrote