GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:46 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:20 pm
i dont understand why these players are home sick.. when getting paid so much money...

all sports around the world.. you move away from your home state

its a natural thing..

why is this affecting the AFL clubs more than other codes...
it's not home sickness (generally), it's preference of living in the state you grew up in
Well, I"ve been away for a while and came across this gem from the reigning King of deception & delusion. So it's not home sickness they have they just want to live in the state they grew up in lolololololololololololol!!!!!!!! Now that gave me a good belly laugh!!! If they're not one in the same thing I dunno what is lololololol!!!!!!

I can now see how lllllollller can think that losing is winning, up is down, left is right. He's just hard wired to protect and promote the fumbling code under any and all circumstances. Against overwhelming factual evidence he will forever stick to the party line.......no matter how ridiculous it is!!!

Well done pal, and now lets have another lap of the goldfish bowl lololololol!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:44 am
NlolRL wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:46 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:20 pm
i dont understand why these players are home sick.. when getting paid so much money...

all sports around the world.. you move away from your home state

its a natural thing..

why is this affecting the AFL clubs more than other codes...
it's not home sickness (generally), it's preference of living in the state you grew up in
Well, I"ve been away for a while and came across this gem from the reigning King of deception & delusion. So it's not home sickness they have they just want to live in the state they grew up in lolololololololololololol!!!!!!!! Now that gave me a good belly laugh!!! If they're not one in the same thing I dunno what is lololololol!!!!!!

I can now see how lllllollller can think that losing is winning, up is down, left is right. He's just hard wired to protect and promote the fumbling code under any and all circumstances. Against overwhelming factual evidence he will forever stick to the party line.......no matter how ridiculous it is!!!

Well done pal, and now lets have another lap of the goldfish bowl lololololol!!!!!!
well I would say there's a difference between real home sickness and just wanting to live near your mates in an area that's familiar.

You seem really down Terry, almost defeated. I'm sorry I dont agree with your narrow assessment of the ratings, but that's the way it is mate. As I said, if you want everyone to agree with your view you're on the wrong forum. LU is that way
I
I
I
I
I
I
V
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Well you would say that wouldn't ya pal lololololo. I just worry about your cognitive function. You are so easily led by the great god Gilty and his mates I fear for your ability to think independently.

Now while ya there: can ya tell us the story again about how losing is actually winning.....it's a bewdy lololol!!!!!!!!
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 am
Oh dear .
I'll explain it once again for the other mentally challenged southerner .

Your mate says there's no prob retaining players in SYD .
I say why then do they have to give them extra $$$ to stay..Cola in another form
You come along & say
THIS IS AN ATTEMP BY THE AFL TO KEEP PLAYERS IN SYD RATHER THAN GO BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL STATE.

That is excatly what I was saying .
Yet apparently that's being paranoid & delusional .

You fumblers have no concept of what's in front of your face .
You fail to comprehend what's written ..

You then deflect with gibberish .
You're pretty happy to put the arms straight up and give it the wide berth when wanting to avoid a question yourself my friend. Very admirable that you stick to your guns though.

Pick a better argument.

Stare at your old Cola figure, shake your fist, yell at the screen and ignore any rational point.
Was there ever a problem keeping players in Sydney? Yes. Is there now? No. And it's unrelated to the codes.
GWS would be the least supported and least culturally relevant team across both codes yet you get former All-Australians such as Steve Johnson and Heath Shaw go up there and think it's great.

You think it's hard to sell Sydney in 2018 to young blokes on triple figures? It's not.
Last edited by Cats_Steve on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Gee pal, I don't think citing Johnson and Shaw does your argument any favours. Johnson particularly was at the end of his career and unwanted by anyone else. Shaw was a similarly hard sell. Both had few to nil other options.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am
Well you would say that wouldn't ya pal lololololo. I just worry about your cognitive function. You are so easily led by the great god Gilty and his mates I fear for your ability to think independently.

Now while ya there: can ya tell us the story again about how losing is actually winning.....it's a bewdy lololol!!!!!!!!
it is a bewdy, mainly because you have absolutely no answer for it :\:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

what i want to know...

is why is the AFL is the only comp in the "WORLD" that has salary caps.

give handicaps to clubs in the comp that is suppose to be on level playing field..

if you cannot stand on your own 2 feet.. forget it.. goodbye.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Yeah ya right!!!!!! I got absolutely no idea how you can make a demonstrable loser a winner!!!
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

Terry wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:36 am
Gee pal, I don't think citing Johnson and Shaw does your argument any favours. Johnson particularly was at the end of his career and unwanted by anyone else. Shaw was a similarly hard sell. Both had few to nil other options.
Not citing them as best drafted in talent. They were the 2 I could picture on Fox Footy giving the place a wrap.
- good call on Johnson. Shaw still a gun.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:45 am
Yeah ya right!!!!!! I got absolutely no idea how you can make a demonstrable loser a winner!!!
you do know why, you just wont admit it
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Cats_Steve wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:55 am
Terry wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:36 am
Not citing them as best drafted in talent. They were the 2 I could picture on Fox Footy giving the place a wrap.
- good call on Johnson. Shaw still a gun.
You do know all these fumblers get media training. The 1st thing they get told to say is that AFL is 'bigger in Sydney than I thought it would be.' And 'I love the place'. It's meaningless drivel.

Paul Roos followed this line for years in Sydney and then took a dose of truth syrum when he moved to Melbourne and said he used to get frustrated when the AFL was spruiking how good things were when he knew the truth was very different.

You must try and break out of group think pal.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:45 am

You do know all these fumblers get media training. The 1st thing they get told to say is that AFL is 'bigger in Sydney than I thought it would be.' And 'I love the place'. It's meaningless drivel.
I worry about the mental health of some of the NRL supporters on here. This level of paranoia and delusion cant be healthy
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Haha haha. I don't say it because I think it. I say it because an AFL media manager told me so pal.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Cats_Steve wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:16 am
Oh dear .

I say why then do they have to give them extra $$$ to stay..Cola in another form
You come along & say
THIS IS AN ATTEMP BY THE AFL TO KEEP PLAYERS IN SYD RATHER THAN GO BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL STATE.

You're pretty happy to put the arms straight up and give it the wide berth when wanting to avoid a question yourself my friend. Very admirable that you stick to your guns though.

Pick a better argument.

Stare at your old Cola figure, shake your fist, yell at the screen and ignore any rational point.
Was there ever a problem keeping players in Sydney? Yes. Is there now? No. And it's unrelated to the codes.
GWS would be the least supported and least culturally relevant team across both codes yet you get former All-Australians such as Steve Johnson and Heath Shaw go up there and think it's great.

You think it's hard to sell Sydney in 2018 to young blokes on triple figures? It's not.
You've joined your mate in the goldfish bowl.

Simple question .
Why do they have to pay players extra$$$ to stay & playin SYD.
Don't use it costs more bullshit...players are averageing 370k....so money is not a problem .

So why then are they given extra..
You can't seem to answer this
You just keep saying. Nah no prob with ..not a hard sell
Well it's a hard question you can't answer .

You also ignore where your fumbler mate stated that they pay more for them to stay .

Think we have a new contender for deflector of the year award .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Cats_Steve »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:12 pm
Cats_Steve wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:16 am
Oh dear .

You come along & say

Pick a better argument.

You've joined your mate in the goldfish bowl.

Simple question .
Why do they have to pay players extra$$$ to stay & playin SYD.
Don't use it costs more bullshit...players are averageing 370k....so money is not a problem .

So why then are they given extra..
You can't seem to answer this
You just keep saying. Nah no prob with ..not a hard sell
Well it's a hard question you can't answer .

You also ignore where your fumbler mate stated that they pay more for them to stay .

Think we have a new contender for deflector of the year award .
Didn't avoid it. I said I don't know.
Whatever extra Sydney still gets - I don't agree with it. Cola was a sham. I never liked it. I know real estate is more expensive but I never understood the other implied 'extras'. I'm not gunna sit here and defend the AFL for any Sydney related governance issues but it's ridiculously naive to just go "coz the players don't wanna stay there rah rah". You imply the answer is a given because of the way you word it.