GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Beaussie »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:01 pm
Beaussie wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:33 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:17 pm
THIS IS NOT WORKING!!!!! More calls for the Suns to pull up the white flag & move to Tassie!!!!!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... 6444b96af0
The AFL will never give up on investing in the future of the Giants and Suns no matter how much you may wish that to be the case. Both clubs are long term investments for the future growth and development of the game in strategic markets.
What's this got to do with me beatup??? It's fumbling greats calling on the Suns to be moved to Tassie. Please stay on point pal!!!
Did you even read the article and note who was making the comments. Here's a hint. #-o

North Melbourne great David King has called for the AFL to consider the viability of the Gold Coast Suns amid another disappointing season for the east-coast based club.

At the same time, the crowd came 24 hours after North Melbourne and Brisbane attracted just 5060 fans for a Saturday twilight game at Hobart’s Blundstone Arena. Six days earlier, only 3462 attended the Kangaroos-Giants match.

So anti-Tassie team people could look at the attendances for those two games and use it as an argument against.

“We’ve seen the way Hobartians have voted with their feet the last two weeks,” veteran AFL journalist Caroline Wilson said on ABC’s Offsiders.

“They have been insulted by North Melbourne telling them: ‘Turn up or you don’t even deserve to get a team.’ They don’t want North Melbourne, and nor should they. They deserve a 19th team.”
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:07 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:01 pm
Beaussie wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:33 pm

The AFL will never give up on investing in the future of the Giants and Suns no matter how much you may wish that to be the case. Both clubs are long term investments for the future growth and development of the game in strategic markets.
What's this got to do with me beatup??? It's fumbling greats calling on the Suns to be moved to Tassie. Please stay on point pal!!!
Did you even read the article and note who was making the comments. Here's a hint. #-o

North Melbourne great David King has called for the AFL to consider the viability of the Gold Coast Suns amid another disappointing season for the east-coast based club.

At the same time, the crowd came 24 hours after North Melbourne and Brisbane attracted just 5060 fans for a Saturday twilight game at Hobart’s Blundstone Arena. Six days earlier, only 3462 attended the Kangaroos-Giants match.

So anti-Tassie team people could look at the attendances for those two games and use it as an argument against.

“We’ve seen the way Hobartians have voted with their feet the last two weeks,” veteran AFL journalist Caroline Wilson said on ABC’s Offsiders.

“They have been insulted by North Melbourne telling them: ‘Turn up or you don’t even deserve to get a team.’ They don’t want North Melbourne, and nor should they. They deserve a 19th team.”
Ummm beatup..........I ain't North Melbourne great David King. So I ask again............what's it got to do with me?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Pretty obvious David is concerned about his own former club and their struggles for relevance in Melbourne and Hobart. Make of that what you will. Never said it was about you. :roll:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:24 pm
Pretty obvious David is concerned about his own former club and their struggles for relevance in Melbourne and Hobart. Make of that what you will. Never said it was about you. :roll:
Ummm..........you said 'no matter how much youmay wish that to be the case.' I never said what I wished. I showed an article.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:29 pm
Beaussie wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:24 pm
Ummm..........you said 'no matter how much youmay wish that to be the case.' I never said what I wished. I showed an article.
Maybe your CAPITALS and !!!!!!!’s gave him that impression.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

this was announced last month, but i thought i may add..

Gold Coast SUNS to build $10 million childcare centre

An exciting day for Gold Coast Suns fans, with confirmation the city is getting its very own AFL-themed childcare centre.

The $10 million facility, being built in partnership with Autism Queensalnd and Kool Beanz, was officially unveiled this morning.

Gold Coast SUNS Chief Executive Mark Evans and Acting Gold Coast Mayor Donna Gates turned the sod on a block of vacant land next door to Metricon Stadium, where the facility is being built.

The childcare will boast 13 classrooms, along with an art room, library, LEGO room, animal farm, vegetable gardens and a running creek.

The state-of-the-art childcare facility will also feature a large auditorium to host spectators for stage performances, presentations and graduations.

“This project has been more than 5 years in the making, researching leading operators worldwide, gathering inspiration and ideas to ensure we are creating a first-class service,” Kool Beanz Academy founder Bruce Coulson said.

“We look forward to partnering with both the Gold Coast SUNS and Autism Queensland to further solidify this project as a unique learning environment for children never seen before”.

Opening mid-2022, GC SUNS Chief Executive Mark Evans said the cutting-edge facility will create roughly 45 jobs, as well as support the childcare needs of the local community.

“Since our inception we’ve strived to mean more to our community than just the Gold Coast’s AFL team,” Mr Evans said.

“We want to have a lasting impact on the next generation of talented children growing up on the Gold Coast and hopefully both on and off the football field.

“We’re excited about the opportunities that lay ahead with this state-of-the-art facility and it’s integration with the Gold Coast SUNS and Autism Queensland.”

The centre will be able to take 203 enrolments, with up to 30 spots specifically for children requiring extra care

(I wonder if there will be NRL Ball's the kids can play with lol

https://www.mygc.com.au/gold-coast-suns ... re-centre/
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:08 pm
this was announced last month, but i thought i may add..

Gold Coast SUNS to build $10 million childcare centre

An exciting day for Gold Coast Suns fans, with confirmation the city is getting its very own AFL-themed childcare centre.

The $10 million facility, being built in partnership with Autism Queensalnd and Kool Beanz, was officially unveiled this morning.

Gold Coast SUNS Chief Executive Mark Evans and Acting Gold Coast Mayor Donna Gates turned the sod on a block of vacant land next door to Metricon Stadium, where the facility is being built.

The childcare will boast 13 classrooms, along with an art room, library, LEGO room, animal farm, vegetable gardens and a running creek.

The state-of-the-art childcare facility will also feature a large auditorium to host spectators for stage performances, presentations and graduations.

“This project has been more than 5 years in the making, researching leading operators worldwide, gathering inspiration and ideas to ensure we are creating a first-class service,” Kool Beanz Academy founder Bruce Coulson said.

“We look forward to partnering with both the Gold Coast SUNS and Autism Queensland to further solidify this project as a unique learning environment for children never seen before”.

Opening mid-2022, GC SUNS Chief Executive Mark Evans said the cutting-edge facility will create roughly 45 jobs, as well as support the childcare needs of the local community.

“Since our inception we’ve strived to mean more to our community than just the Gold Coast’s AFL team,” Mr Evans said.

“We want to have a lasting impact on the next generation of talented children growing up on the Gold Coast and hopefully both on and off the football field.

“We’re excited about the opportunities that lay ahead with this state-of-the-art facility and it’s integration with the Gold Coast SUNS and Autism Queensland.”

The centre will be able to take 203 enrolments, with up to 30 spots specifically for children requiring extra care

(I wonder if there will be NRL Ball's the kids can play with lol

https://www.mygc.com.au/gold-coast-suns ... re-centre/
More early draft picks?
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

More early draft picks?
[/quote]

Tax Right off's :lol:
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Wookie is reporting a loss from the suns in 2021 as 275k

i am pretty sure that will hit 20+ Million after they count the AFL extra distributions top up's

:lol:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:02 pm

i am pretty sure that will hit 20+ Million after they count the AFL extra distributions top up's

They got about $25M from fumblehouse. Which is about twice the amount NRL clubs get. Then you have to factor in multiple millions more for development of the game on the Gold Coast. It's clearly a loss making money pit. Pretty much the same as GWS who laughably claim they have 30k members.

With the current financial woes Gilty and the boys have got themselves into it will be increasingly hard to keep these plastic joints afloat. If one goes I'd have my money on the Suns. No one would miss 'em.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

275K ?

:shock:

:hmm:

8-[

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I spose he can only report the figure
I mean he'd be struggling not to piss his pants laughing like the rest of us
but

if they got the average amount around 13 million
they actually lost 10 million

same for the midgets
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

the awful just tops the poorer financially performing clubs to a point where they don't post massive losses
Then they can state all the codes clubs are in a strong position when thats far from the case.

smoke & mirrors
the awfuls modus operandi
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:57 am

They got about $25M from fumblehouse. Which is about twice the amount NRL clubs get. Then you have to factor in multiple millions more for development of the game on the Gold Coast. It's clearly a loss making money pit. Pretty much the same as GWS who laughably claim they have 30k members.

With the current financial woes Gilty and the boys have got themselves into it will be increasingly hard to keep these plastic joints afloat. If one goes I'd have my money on the Suns. No one would miss 'em.
in a dire 2 years for the AFL with 25plus mill to the Suns and GWS in each of the years of 2020 & 2021
barley any games at home for exposure and money down the drain.

you would think it has set both these clubs back years...

costing the AFL even more money.

Maybe the AFL will revise the timeline to 2080 as the TARGET
NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Manly
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATAFL2 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:02 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:57 am

in a dire 2 years for the AFL with 25plus mill to the Suns and GWS in each of the years of 2020 & 2021
barley any games at home for exposure and money down the drain.

you would think it has set both these clubs back years...

costing the AFL even more money.

Maybe the AFL will revise the timeline to 2080 as the TARGET
It has definitely set the Giants back in Sydney. Whenever they play the Swans in Sydney, it is like the Swans are playing themselves or a team in Perth. All you see is red & white and about 50 people in Giants colours lol...
Canberra people seem to follow them more passionately than Sydney people.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Yes, I would think they would have hoped for a stronger following amd greater footprint by now - particuarly given the relative success to date. They would be happy with the growth in junior and senior numbers - but that is only one KPI - the others seem lacking
Veni, vidi, vici