GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Posts: 6350
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:50 pm
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Location:
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by pussycat »

I hope they keep carrying them, they seem to be getting heavier every day. With a little luck they might be the straw that broke the AFL's back.


Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys

Terry
Coach
Coach
Posts: 3303
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Wests Tigers
Location:
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:51 pm
Can the AFL post Convid be able to fund GWS AND THE SUNS to the Tune over $60million per year.

Ch7 Over to you
It' sure gonna be a millstone around their neck!! Those 2 clubs need the biggest governing body financial injection of any professional sporting club in the country. Not only that but fumblehouse also pumps millions more into development, marketing & promotion in western Sydney and the GC to assist those clubs. These are costs the NRL are not burdened with. In this regard not having teams in SA and WA is a blessing.

There are heavy hitters in Melbourne calling for the Suns to go already. It will depend on how they come out of the C-19 era. The fact fumblehouse had to immediately get a $600M line of credit shows their perilous state. One thing for certain though - if anyone goes the Suns are the first on the chopping block!!!



User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4596
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:52 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:51 pm
Can the AFL post Convid be able to fund GWS AND THE SUNS to the Tune over $60million per year.

Ch7 Over to you
It' sure gonna be a millstone around their neck!! Those 2 clubs need the biggest governing body financial injection of any professional sporting club in the country. Not only that but fumblehouse also pumps millions more into development, marketing & promotion in western Sydney and the GC to assist those clubs. These are costs the NRL are not burdened with. In this regard not having teams in SA and WA is a blessing.

There are heavy hitters in Melbourne calling for the Suns to go already. It will depend on how they come out of the C-19 era. The fact fumblehouse had to immediately get a $600M line of credit shows their perilous state. One thing for certain though - if anyone goes the Suns are the first on the chopping block!!!
that is actually a very good point>> you have $60million per year for 2 clubs and this does not even include..
development in grassroots or marketing by the AFL along with Contra for adverting the game nonstop.

yep alot of noise happening up top..
its interesting if they dont continue to pump money into them, they will be even worse than they are you would think..



Bbear
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:55 pm
Team: brisbane bears
Location:
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Bbear »

http://www.hpnfooty.com/?p=31622

The handout figures for each club may be getting close to 30 million up from 22 million in 2018 as quoted above but some Victorian clubs are not too far behind and are also subsidized 10s of millions of dollars.
The Sun's and Giants are good value as far as subsidies go because they are growing the game . If they develop some momentum and string wins together tv ratings slowly improve in new markets.
To subsidize the bottom Melbourne clubs is a waste of money because they add no national value, they are nationally irrelevant, they dont grow and promote the game in new markets and they don't rate on television, even in Melbourne their ratings stink..
The Suns and Giants may be more expensive to support but they give something back to the game as expansion clubs with the potential to win new markets.
They have already had limited success in winning over new supporters and when both clubs start to win they attract healthy crowds.

2020 is a year to forget for all sports and it is not the time to make knee jerk decisions by withdrawing support for expansion clubs.
Go Sun's !!!


I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap

Pippen94
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:30 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Pippen94 »

Bbear wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:16 pm
http://www.hpnfooty.com/?p=31622

The handout figures for each club may be getting close to 30 million up from 22 million in 2018 as quoted above but some Victorian clubs are not too far behind and are also subsidized 10s of millions of dollars.
The Sun's and Giants are good value as far as subsidies go because they are growing the game . If they develop some momentum and string wins together tv ratings slowly improve in new markets.
To subsidize the bottom Melbourne clubs is a waste of money because they add no national value, they are nationally irrelevant, they dont grow and promote the game in new markets and they don't rate on television, even in Melbourne their ratings stink..
The Suns and Giants may be more expensive to support but they give something back to the game as expansion clubs with the potential to win new markets.
They have already had limited success in winning over new supporters and when both clubs start to win they attract healthy crowds.

2020 is a year to forget for all sports and it is not the time to make knee jerk decisions by withdrawing support for expansion clubs.
Go Sun's !!!
It's been almost 40 years in Sydney - ratings haven't improved



User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9700
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 15 times
Contact:

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Beaussie »

Pippen94 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:46 am
Bbear wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:16 pm
http://www.hpnfooty.com/?p=31622

The handout figures for each club may be getting close to 30 million up from 22 million in 2018 as quoted above but some Victorian clubs are not too far behind and are also subsidized 10s of millions of dollars.
The Sun's and Giants are good value as far as subsidies go because they are growing the game . If they develop some momentum and string wins together tv ratings slowly improve in new markets.
To subsidize the bottom Melbourne clubs is a waste of money because they add no national value, they are nationally irrelevant, they dont grow and promote the game in new markets and they don't rate on television, even in Melbourne their ratings stink..
The Suns and Giants may be more expensive to support but they give something back to the game as expansion clubs with the potential to win new markets.
They have already had limited success in winning over new supporters and when both clubs start to win they attract healthy crowds.

2020 is a year to forget for all sports and it is not the time to make knee jerk decisions by withdrawing support for expansion clubs.
Go Sun's !!!
It's been almost 40 years in Sydney - ratings haven't improved
Ratings are not the only measure of success when it comes to development and growth. The Sydney Swans for instance have long been by far the biggest sporting club in NSW. Do you think you’d ever be able to say the same about the NRL’s Melbourne Storm in Victoria?


"One in every 24 Australians is now a member of an AFL club, a sign that the national reach of Australian football has never been greater," League CEO Gillon McLachlan said.

Pippen94
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:30 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Pippen94 »

Beaussie wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:57 am
Pippen94 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:46 am
Bbear wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:16 pm
http://www.hpnfooty.com/?p=31622

The handout figures for each club may be getting close to 30 million up from 22 million in 2018 as quoted above but some Victorian clubs are not too far behind and are also subsidized 10s of millions of dollars.
The Sun's and Giants are good value as far as subsidies go because they are growing the game . If they develop some momentum and string wins together tv ratings slowly improve in new markets.
To subsidize the bottom Melbourne clubs is a waste of money because they add no national value, they are nationally irrelevant, they dont grow and promote the game in new markets and they don't rate on television, even in Melbourne their ratings stink..
The Suns and Giants may be more expensive to support but they give something back to the game as expansion clubs with the potential to win new markets.
They have already had limited success in winning over new supporters and when both clubs start to win they attract healthy crowds.

2020 is a year to forget for all sports and it is not the time to make knee jerk decisions by withdrawing support for expansion clubs.
Go Sun's !!!
It's been almost 40 years in Sydney - ratings haven't improved
Ratings are not the only measure of success when it comes to development and growth. The Sydney Swans for instance have long been by far the biggest sporting club in NSW. Do you think you’d ever be able to say the same about the NRL’s Melbourne Storm in Victoria?
It's the best measure because it shows widespread support. Following only niche if look at overall picture.



User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9700
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 15 times
Contact:

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Beaussie »

Pippen94 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:50 am
Beaussie wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:57 am
Pippen94 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:46 am


It's been almost 40 years in Sydney - ratings haven't improved
Ratings are not the only measure of success when it comes to development and growth. The Sydney Swans for instance have long been by far the biggest sporting club in NSW. Do you think you’d ever be able to say the same about the NRL’s Melbourne Storm in Victoria?
It's the best measure because it shows widespread support. Following only niche if look at overall picture.

So by that logic, athletics is by far the most popular sport in Australia based on the 8,787,000 Australians who watched Cathy Freeman win gold? Widespread support as you say yeah.

SEVEN NETWORK TV RATINGS: ROCKING IN THE FREEMAN WORLD
September 27, 2000

Australian sprinter Cathy Freeman's victory in the 400-meter Monday night was the "most watched sporting event in Australian television history," according to the Sydney DAILY TELEGRAPH. Data shows that 8,787,000 Australians watched the race, with a "massive" 90% share of the Sydney viewing audience tuned to Channel 7. Nationally, the race scored an 86.7% share (Sydney DAILY TELEGRAPH, 9/27).

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Dai ... WORLD.aspx


"One in every 24 Australians is now a member of an AFL club, a sign that the national reach of Australian football has never been greater," League CEO Gillon McLachlan said.

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18573
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Keep grasping at those straws Bea

It's hilarious how you are trying to compare a once in a lifetime chance for a gold medal in the Women's 400 in a event that is on once every four years to a yearly football comp.

One point for being unco & missing .


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

Pippen94
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:30 pm
Team: Parramatta
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Pippen94 »

Beaussie wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:39 am
Pippen94 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:50 am
Beaussie wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:57 am


Ratings are not the only measure of success when it comes to development and growth. The Sydney Swans for instance have long been by far the biggest sporting club in NSW. Do you think you’d ever be able to say the same about the NRL’s Melbourne Storm in Victoria?
It's the best measure because it shows widespread support. Following only niche if look at overall picture.

So by that logic, athletics is by far the most popular sport in Australia based on the 8,787,000 Australians who watched Cathy Freeman win gold? Widespread support as you say yeah.

SEVEN NETWORK TV RATINGS: ROCKING IN THE FREEMAN WORLD
September 27, 2000

Australian sprinter Cathy Freeman's victory in the 400-meter Monday night was the "most watched sporting event in Australian television history," according to the Sydney DAILY TELEGRAPH. Data shows that 8,787,000 Australians watched the race, with a "massive" 90% share of the Sydney viewing audience tuned to Channel 7. Nationally, the race scored an 86.7% share (Sydney DAILY TELEGRAPH, 9/27).

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Dai ... WORLD.aspx
Crazy logic - that event is a one off. Afl games on free tv in Sydney for forty years & still nobody watching



User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9700
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 15 times
Contact:

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by Beaussie »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:44 am
Keep grasping at those straws Bea

It's hilarious how you are trying to compare a once in a lifetime chance for a gold medal in the Women's 400 in a event that is on once every four years to a yearly football comp.

You lot just move the goalposts with your constant but, but, buts whenever something doesn’t fit with your narrative.

Back to the substance of this thread, the Giants and Suns are guaranteed to stay in our NATIONAL competition. You lot can continue to wish and pray that was not the case but you just look rather silly. Unlike your rabble of a code, the AFL understands the importance of developing the game Australia wide to remain number one and in the hearts and minds of the nation - Australia’s Game.


"One in every 24 Australians is now a member of an AFL club, a sign that the national reach of Australian football has never been greater," League CEO Gillon McLachlan said.

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Posts: 18573
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Location:
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
If you're backing them to be guaranteed to stay that's a big sign they will go
You constantly back the wrong horse


LIC self ownage
Lol $10 NRL tickets.$10 NRL tickets .How pathetic is that ?
Crickets chirping after I post $5 AFlol tickets .
Self ownage ..no one does it better .

User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4596
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: GWS / SUNS >> How much more dollars

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

the game of AFL is looking at 150million down grade on tv deal this year.

alot of money to come up with...

no wonder they want a reduction in salary cap going forward.



Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests