[AFL] Most valuable 30 second slot on Australian tv is after a goal

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Re: [AFL] Most valuable 30 second slot on Australian tv is after a goal

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

SOO is rugby league and its only 3 games..
AFL just has as most prime time games
If not more into all states of australia
As states are represented..

I think at current
Syd advertising dollar is 28% stronger than melb
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:54 pm
There you have it, a tv network executive telling it like it is.

The most valuable screen time on Australian television is that 30 second slot after a goal in the AFL and the 30 second slot after an over in Cricket.

No debate is needed here, a tv network executive has said what we all knew was already the reality.
Channel Seven boss wants more goals, more beauty in the AFL
By Jake Niall
8 June 2018

Explaining the importance of scoring to the economics of the television broadcast - which, combining Foxtel and Seven, funds more than 60 per cent of AFL revenue - Worner said: "I want more goals ... That's the most valuable 30 seconds of screen real estate in Australian television, aside from the 30 seconds after an over.'' The aside was a reference to Seven's recent acquisition of the free-to-air rights to broadcast the cricket.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/cha ... 4zk9t.html

Thanks for starting this thread Beatup. I was going to post this article under my "Ugly game" thread but you beat me to it. So the actual point of the story is that the boss of the network that broadcasts AFL is so worried about the calamitous state of his tv ratings he wants to make radical changes to the actual game........because it's so damn bog ugly to watch.

Has anyone anywhere heard any TV boss talking about changing the fabric of a game they broadcast because the product is such rubbish???? I mean this bloke is talking about cutting the players to 16 and making other extensive changes to the rules to try and entice back the millions of viewers they have lost. This is desperate, desperate stuff!!!!

But it's great that you can find a positive in such a hopelessly negative indictment on your game Beatup. And the blokes claim about the value of ad times is of course meaningless in any case. I mean he's just talking up his own network & trying to put pressure on Silly Gilly to fix up his disastrously ugly game.

But it was a good try Beatup lolololololololololol. I mean, lord knows, it's hard work finding anything positive in this annus horribilis of your AFL season lololololololol!!!!!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:05 am
Yeah i mean how dare they.

You lot STILL pull out fucking superleague.
There was a bit more to super league than just 2 weeks and having the know how to change the channel.
:(/ :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Has anyone anywhere heard any TV boss talking about changing the fabric of a game they broadcast because the product is such rubbish???? I mean this bloke is talking about cutting the players to 16 and making other extensive changes to the rules to try and entice back the millions of viewers they have lost. This is desperate, desperate stuff!!!!
He didnt say it was rubbish you tool. He said he would prefer the games to be higher scoring, which is hardly surprising given they allow more advertising breaks
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:18 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:19 pm

He didnt say it was rubbish you tool. He said he would prefer the games to be higher scoring, which is hardly surprising given they allow more advertising breaks
Ooooohhhhhhh!!!!!! Getting a tad nasty now lllllollllller!!!!!!! The pressure must be getting to ya pal lololololololol!!!!

Now this is exactly what Worner said: "He added: "For the overall benefit of the game, we have to try and bring BEAUTY back to the game.''

Now if he wants beauty brought back to the game he obviously thinks it has disappeared. i.e. the game is unappealling, ugly, rubbish lolololololol!!!!!! There are plenty of AFL people using those exact words to describe it my friend.

Now, I will ignore this infantile outburst due to your taking the fight up for all your fellow fumblers now staggering around the jungle. I appreciate you are still hanging in during this most excrutiating time in your games history. Do try to keep your manners in though........there's a boy!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

there's a huge difference between saying the product is such rubbish and they need beauty.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:49 pm
there's a huge difference between saying the product is such rubbish and they need beauty.
I don't think there is my friend. Worner wants to sell his product so he's not gonna completely bag it in public is he? I mean he's paid way over the top for the mess & wants it improved. Instead of using a negative he's trying to use a positive by saying it needs to restore its 'beauty'. It's advertising & promotion 101. I mean if something has lost it's beauty what is it????? Plain? Unattractive? Ugly?

I'm sure that in private he's used words similar to what some legends of the game have used to describe the mess ..............you know........plain, unattractive, ugly.....maybe even rubbish lololololol!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:24 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:49 pm
I don't think there is my friend. Worner wants to sell his product so he's not gonna completely bag it in public is he? I mean he's paid way over the top for the mess & wants it improved. Instead of using a negative he's trying to use a positive by saying it needs to restore its 'beauty'. It's advertising & promotion 101. I mean if something has lost it's beauty what is it????? Plain? Unattractive? Ugly?

I'm sure that in private he's used words similar to what some legends of the game have used to describe the mess ..............you know........plain, unattractive, ugly.....maybe even rubbish lololololol!!!!
Ch 7 obviously do not think AFL product is rubbish or they would have paid massive miney for it. However, what the want is more scoring because it will increase advertising opportunities and hopefully improve ratings
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

He knows he paid overs for this ugly mess
Hence him going public trying to get the afl to change what it has become into something a little more attractive .

Lol
Shareholders won't be happy when they see the ratings are tanking worse than any club ever has .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:28 pm
Hence him going public trying to get the afl to change what it has become into something a little more attractive .

Lol
Shareholders won't be happy when they see the ratings are tanking worse than any club ever has .
he stated the drop in ratings was partly due to competing programs on their network and coming off excellent ratings last year. I believe him over you
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Lol
Meanwhile NRL broadcasters are pleading for smaller stadiums as the usual shit crowds week in week out are a bad look and affect tv ratings. Worry about your own mess eh.
Fox Sports and Nine tell the government and NRL they want smaller – not bigger – stadiums
By Andrew Webster
28 September 2017

Fox Sports and Channel Nine are lobbying for an upgrade of Sydney's suburban grounds and Allianz Stadium ahead of ANZ Stadium because banks of empty seats on their rugby league broadcasts are a "bad look".

As Sydney's great stadium debate continues to drag on, Fairfax Media can reveal Fox Sports chief executive Patrick Delany and Nine director of sport Tom Malone have approached the NSW government and the NRL with their views.

While both welcome a significant refurbishment of ANZ Stadium into a rectangular stadium, they believe the flat atmosphere of small crowds at the 83,000-seat venue is damaging rugby league.

Fox Sports have been worried about the adverse effect of poor crowds on ratings at large stadiums for some time. It saw a spike in ratings for Monday night matches — which were abandoned this season — when they were played at smaller venues.

This season, it has scheduled its 2pm games at smaller suburban grounds because the near-sold out crowd adds to the atmosphere.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/fox-sp ... yptu0.html
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Lol
Meanwhile NRL broadcasters are pleading for smaller stadiums as the usual shit crowds week in week out are a bad look and affect tv ratings. Worry about your own mess eh.
Fox Sports and Nine tell the government and NRL they want smaller – not bigger – stadiums
By Andrew Webster
28 September 2017

Fox Sports and Channel Nine are lobbying for an upgrade of Sydney's suburban grounds and Allianz Stadium ahead of ANZ Stadium because banks of empty seats on their rugby league broadcasts are a "bad look".

As Sydney's great stadium debate continues to drag on, Fairfax Media can reveal Fox Sports chief executive Patrick Delany and Nine director of sport Tom Malone have approached the NSW government and the NRL with their views.

While both welcome a significant refurbishment of ANZ Stadium into a rectangular stadium, they believe the flat atmosphere of small crowds at the 83,000-seat venue is damaging rugby league.

Fox Sports have been worried about the adverse effect of poor crowds on ratings at large stadiums for some time. It saw a spike in ratings for Monday night matches — which were abandoned this season — when they were played at smaller venues.

This season, it has scheduled its 2pm games at smaller suburban grounds because the near-sold out crowd adds to the atmosphere.

Look, we're trying to help pal. Your game is in freefall and needs urgent attention. Sometimes when there is a crisis you need crisis merchants to generate change. That's us......the good folk of RL trying to help out your faltering mess of a game.

I hope Gilty has finally taken notice and takes radical action soon. God knows he's busy distributing hush money, counting Shanghai crowds and developing the new X freak show lolololololololool.
vandyk
Rookie
Rookie
Team: hawthorn+ south sydney
Been liked: 0

Post by vandyk »

or the minute we have to wait for the score review
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

Lol
By Andrew Webster
28 September 2017

Are you F N crazy.
Smaller stadiums?
How the hell will the NRlilL cover thousands of the better seats with adverts that actually bring in revenue when they're full of spectators that were given free tickets.
Pure economics my friend.
Picture this.
A beautiful new 100k stadia.
15k spectators jammed into the camera side.
85k seats covered in paying ads.
Think of the $$$.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
By Andrew Webster
28 September 2017

Bhaaaa . That's last year you goose .
Ths year ...the present ..your ratings are dropping alarmingly ..
RL are holding steady .

So that article is not the least bit relevant ..

If I was you I'd worry about the ugly mess that people are turning off in large numbers .

Try to keep up .for once
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o