Afl Friday night FIZZER!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Afl Friday night FIZZER!

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:30 pm
The Afl could dump Gold Coast and bring in tassie. That would help. Gws are also a mammoth money waster but I can’t see the Afl dumping them.
The giants are part of a long term expansion strategy. This is what a large following provides, ample funds to expand
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

How long is long term? And how much moolah are they willing to spend? So far it’s been a dreadful effort. Basing them at the ghost town homebush which is not even recognised as greater western Sydney = mammoth fail. Israel Folau = fail :lol: tho he did show the game is not that hard for nrl athletes to take on and succeed at the highest level, but yeah that was actually a fail for the Afl - begin with a squad full of all the best young players = mammoth fail - bring in sheedy = fail - promo the Sydney swans v gws giants as the “battle of the bridge” = mammoth fail the harbour bridge separates east and north Sydney not east and west :lol:

There’s a other fails too but yeah how long are the Afl thinking and how much moolah? At the moment they’re just throwing money down the drain with the dumbest fail of an expansion strategy possible.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:31 pm
How long is long term? And how much moolah are they willing to spend?
They came out and said from the very start it would be two decades
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol they playing well & got 50k ..yep 50 k viewers yesterday
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:26 pm
Lol they playing well & got 50k ..yep 50 k viewers yesterday
The westcoast only got 70k on fox.......

The storm got 20k on FTA in Melbourne
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

There’s just so many fails with gws. Sorry
Many amusing fails. I hope
The Afl keep em because they’re gunna provide more laughs.

Leeroy do you have the latest official
Dollar count spent on gdubbya? Last I heard it was closing in on the billion dollar mark oh dear :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:28 pm
There’s just so many fails with gws. Sorry
Many amusing fails. I hope
The Afl keep em because they’re gunna provide more laughs.

Leeroy do you have the latest official
Dollar count spent on gdubbya? Last I heard it was closing in on the billion dollar mark oh dear :lol:
The AFL have the cash to use for expansion and GWS are part of the strategy. As much as NRL fans want to label them a fail as quick as possible, they were always going to take time. The swans took well over a decade, and they were the first expansion club in that city. It will be even harder for the giants being second
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I’ve provuded a shitload of news articles.

I’m sorry it’s the way it is nlol. But, it’s true. The expansion has really changed the comp for the worse.

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:33 pm
I’ve provuded a shitload of news articles.

I’m sorry it’s the way it is nlol. But, it’s true. The expansion has really changed the comp for the worse.
good for you. Some people agree with the steps theyve taken for expansion, others disagree.
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

How were the Swans travelling in 1989? I imagine they weren't exactly killing it, that's the only real comparison for GWS.

I don't know what the AFL expected, or when by, but I'm hoping you can tell me KE.

What would be a pass mark?

Where should they be by now after targeting the heart of league territory?

You're so adament you know the crieria for failing, please tell us what success should look like in year 8.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well we’ve just heard that the Afl always set out for it to be a twenty year plan. We are at the 8 year mark and with significant on field success we see only a 1000 increase in home crowds. I’d say that’s a fail in anyone’s expansion books wouldn’t you dear cat? Going by that rate we will only see another 1.5k added to their crowd numbers in the next 12 years. Very ho hum

Then let’s talk other aspirations. Israel Folau? :lol: they gave him millions. He took it and left. :lol: let’s call that another fail shall we dear cats?

Then let’s say the team, originally a squad of the shpposed best teenagers in the country. They were supposedly going to be “scary good” after five years. What happened with that? Well they dumped and traded most of em for experienced players payed off with their massive Afl handouts. So let’s call that a fail too shall we cats. Three measures three fails. I know there’s more tho, can you cite them cats?

Israel Folau :lol:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:59 pm
Well we’ve just heard that the Afl always set out for it to be a twenty year plan. We are at the 8 year mark and with significant on field success we see only a 1000 increase in home crowds. I’d say that’s a fail in anyone’s expansion books wouldn’t you dear cat? Going by that rate we will only see another 1.5k added to their crowd numbers in the next 12 years. Very ho hum

Then let’s talk other aspirations. Israel Folau? :lol: they gave him millions. He took it and left. :lol: let’s call that another fail shall we dear cats?

Then let’s say the team, originally a squad of the shpposed best teenagers in the country. They were supposedly going to be “scary good” after five years. What happened with that? Well they dumped and traded most of em for experienced players payed off with their massive Afl handouts. So let’s call that a fail too shall we cats. Three measures three fails. I know there’s more tho, can you cite them cats?

why the hell would you rate a 20 year project as a fail after only 8 years? :hmm:
Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

All I asked for was what you'd consider a success at this stage.

Israel Folau.. poor bastard. Was embarrassing watching him run around completely lost.
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

‘Poor’ or ‘rich’ bastard :lol:

So you can’t understand from my previous post what I think success would look like?

1. Israel Folau kickin goals for gws
2. The squad of juniors by and large still present and succeeding
3. AVG home crowd of 16,500

There’s three. There’s more tho which they haven’t quite achieved. Can you name them sport ol chap?

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:56 pm

why the hell would you rate a 20 year project as a fail after only 8 years? :hmm:
Look up the word ‘trajectory’ in the dictionary and try to comprehend dear nlol :)

xman wrote: