Rugby League in the USA vs AFL in China

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Rugby League in the USA vs AFL in China.

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The old uncontested lie
Credibility ..0
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

After the AFL gains traction in China it will, or at least should next aim for a foothold in USA where it could start to build a strong, popular and successful presence.
My reasons for thinking this are as follows.

AFL has a lot more in common with NFL than RL does as both Australian rules and American rules require players of supreme athletic ability that includes speed, strength, stamina and agility. Precision ball movement, accurate goal kicking and quick intelligent decision making are other common traits.
Both codes are coached using similar techniques and develop an elaborate strategic plan that relies on many tactical game plays to influence the final match result.

Finally the game of both codes is one of forward passing and are not a display of backward tossing.
The AFL will at first be seen as a little brother to NFL but should one day grow into a phenomenon.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
You gota be a RL fan pretending to be an afl fan .
Well done

🤣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

RLmorecrap wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:55 pm
After the AFL gains traction in China it will, or at least should next aim for a foothold in USA where it could start to build a strong, popular and successful presence.

AFL has a lot more in common with NFL than RL does as both Australian rules and American rules require players of supreme athletic ability that includes speed, strength, stamina and agility. Precision ball movement, accurate goal kicking and quick intelligent decision making are other common traits.
Both codes are coached using similar techniques and develop an elaborate strategic plan that relies on many tactical game plays to influence the final match result.

Finally the game of both codes is one of forward passing and are not a display of backward tossing.
The AFL will at first be seen as a little brother to NFL but should one day grow into a phenomenon.
lol AFL has more in common with netball than NFL.

AFL Round Field - NFL & NRL Rectangular

AFL has 6 goals - NFL & NRL 2 goals

AFL you can drop the ball and play on - NRL & NFL your penalised

AFL gives points for missing - NFL & NRL don't

AFL you can put your foot on the boundary line - Penalised in NFL & NRL

AFL has no conversation kicks - NFL & NRL does have conversions

AFL has no line breaks - NFL & NRL does

Mate in reality AFL is not even a real football code. Your just a made up game played in one country. :cool:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Bbear »

Hollywood celebrities who visit Australia are often seen at an AFL game and seem to love every minute of it, who can forget the smile on Clint Eastwood watching the action, promotional games in the USA need to be considered.
As for the AFL game in China, it generated strong local interest with a massive reported TV audience exceeding 3 billion.
Formally RLcrap
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
You're not even pretending anymore

🤣
Xman wrote
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:(/ =D =D =D

Sweet Jesus ur good! Just brilliant mimicry of the utter delusion of the afl fan! Who are you and how many years have you worked on developing this wonderful comedy act?

Who was ur main inspiration? Was it Nlol? Beaussie? Tlpg?

:lol: again =D =D =D

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Bbear »

I am serious !
Last edited by Bbear on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formally RLcrap
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors

Post by Bbear »

King-Eliagh wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:27 pm

:(/ =D =D =D

Sweet Jesus ur good! Just brilliant mimicry of the utter delusion of the afl fan! Who are you and how many years have you worked on developing this wonderful comedy act?

Who was ur main inspiration? Was it Nlol? Beaussie? Tlpg?

:lol: again =D =D =D
I have a few mentors on this site, even some NRL folk There is a lot of comedians on these threads, and most subjects we should not take too seriously, its all just opinions, observations, facts, fiction and a little trash talk to provoke, agitate and stir the good folk who prefer a different code.
Formally RLcrap
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

RLmorecrap wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:47 pm
Hollywood celebrities who visit Australia are often seen at an AFL game and seem to love every minute of it, who can forget the smile on Clint Eastwood watching the action, promotional games in the USA need to be considered.
As for the AFL game in China, it generated strong local interest with a massive reported TV audience exceeding 3 billion.
Yeah they go for the comedy mate, not for the game. Is a good laugh watching guys who can't catch and get points for missing. That's AFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

3 billion hey?? A bit like the so called sellout that shows a half empty stadium in China with only Aussies turning up.... :mrgreen:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol really
Go ahead ..

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

There is very different reporting on the international games of both codes. The AFL told everyone before the Shanghai event the mess would be a 11k sellout and would rate 9M in China.

Alas during the event it was plainly clear the ground was less than half full despite the AFL assuring all and sundry it was in fact a sellout. Gilty laughably declared all the patrons were under the stands in the hospitality tents lolololololol!!!!!! For the whole game lololololol!!!

And of course the AFL has remained mute on the trumpeted 9M tv ratings. For balance: the game rated a paltry 59k in total in good 'ol Oz lololololololololol. Just how any sane person was meant to believe 9M Chinese would watch the mess hasn't yet been explained by the AFL propaganda Dept.

In contrast the organisers of the RL international in Denver Colorado have stated they are 'hoping' for a crowd in excess of 30K. They have not yet commented on the tv ratings. This is a very balanced objective summation of the expectations for this game. Well done RL.

And of course the value of playing games in the land of the free, the richest country in the world, compared to a communist totalitarian regime whose major population lives in abject poverty are stark. Here's hoping the players put on a great exhibition of Rugby League Football for the well heeled sports fans of the good 'ol US of A!!!!!!
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

lol lol

"Gilty laughably declared all the patrons were under the stands in the hospitality tents For the whole game"

30k Would be great 1st attendance for England v NZ
anyone know the time it is being screened back in AUSTRALIA>
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

England v New Zealand, Sunday 6am (AEST) at Mile High Stadium, Denver

England squad: John Bateman, Sam Burgess, Tom Burgess, Jake Connor, James Graham, Ryan Hall, Chris Hill, Jonny Lomax, Tommy Makinson, Jermaine McGillvary, Sean O’Loughlin, Mark Percival, Stefan Ratchford, James Roby, Scott Taylor, Luke Thompson, Gareth Widdop, George Williams, Elliott Whitehead

New Zealand squad: Leeson Ah Mau, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Herma Ese’ese, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, James Fisher-Harris, Slade Griffin, Peta Hiku, Jamayne Isaako, Jordan Kahu, Isaac Liu, Issac Luke, Te Maire Martin, Esan Marsters, Ken Maumalo, Kodi Nikorima, Joseph Tapine, Martin Taupau, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by post_hoc »

I'd argue as well that NRL closer to NFL with returning the ball to play after an out, line of scrimmage vs a scrum very similar, although I wish NRL scrums were contested like the old days.

How many AFL players have gone to the NRL in anything other than a punter?

Also you NRL boys in case you didn't know Nathan Walker who just won the Stanley Cup in the NHL is a former Cronulla Seagulls ( I think) NRL player, he left Australia as a 13 yr old by himself (his family stated in Australia) to play Hockey in the Czech Republic
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined