And Rugby League exports yet another for the NFL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: And Rugby League exports yet another for the NFL

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:23 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:19 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:10 pm
What's even funnier is no AFL player has ever cracked first grade NRL. Really shows how hard it is.
While AFL has payed NRL players with millions to play their game and approached numerous others like Darren Lockyer.

Saying that AFL players are no suited to NFL. Are too gangly with no explosive strength.
anyone with half a brain knows the only RL players to play professional AFL were not chosen for their ability. However, you dont even have half a brain so I can understand why you came to the conclusion above
Yeah I am glad you pointed that out, I have a full brain unlike you who has half a brain :lol:

Well done mate. :(/ =D =D

And yes NRL players can make it in the AFL, but it is just simply not the case with AFL players having the same ability to crack NRL. :cool:
being selected for marketing purposes, and 'making' it, are poles apart. Izzy scored 3 goals for the entire year as a dedicated forward, and he was considered your most likely player to succeed :(/
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:07 pm
Believe Falou when he said “It was a really tough transition going from rugby league to AFL". “Then on top of this was all the running that I had to do to build up a good base of endurance so I could cover all the extra ground needed to play AFL". "I really did struggle and didn’t enjoy all the endurance running"

Cant say it more plainly than that
That is because AFL is a distant runners game where explosive sprinting ability is not required.
It would be like getting Donovan Bailey to do the 3000 metres.

Saying that, plenty of Rugby codes players have still been able to make first grade AFL.
Unfortunately this is not the case with AFL players trying to make first grade Rugby League. :cool:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:04 pm
Believe Falou when he said “It was a really tough transition going from rugby league to AFL". “Then on top of this was all the running that I had to do to build up a good base of endurance so I could cover all the extra ground needed to play AFL". "I really did struggle and didn’t enjoy all the endurance running"

That is because AFL is a distant runners game where explosive sprinting ability is not required.

Saying that, plenty of Rugby codes players have still been able to make first grade AFL.
Unfortunately this is not the case with AFL players trying to make first grade Rugby League. :cool:
a you seriously suggesting AFL players dont require explosive sprinting? :lol: :rofl: :(/
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

NlolRL wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:42 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:23 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:19 pm

anyone with half a brain knows the only RL players to play professional AFL were not chosen for their ability. However, you dont even have half a brain so I can understand why you came to the conclusion above
Yeah I am glad you pointed that out, I have a full brain unlike you who has half a brain :lol:

Well done mate. :(/ =D =D

And yes NRL players can make it in the AFL, but it is just simply not the case with AFL players having the same ability to crack NRL. :cool:
being selected for marketing purposes, and 'making' it, are poles apart. Izzy scored 3 goals for the entire year as a dedicated forward, and he was considered your most likely player to succeed :(/
Excuses excuses, he still made top flight AFL even though he hated the game and was chasing the money.

Isaac Heeney grew up playing rugby league in Newcastle before being poached by the Swans Academy. What's your excuse with him? Another rugby league player that made it in AFL easily. :mrgreen:
He now plays for the Swans no problem and has even been in trouble a few times for tackling too hard like they do in the NRL. :cool:

Caleb Ponga who now plays for Newcastle Knights, but was begged by AFL to play for the Brisbane Lions and join their code. :mrgreen:

Now find me an AFL player that Rugby League has tried to poach from AFL to play in NRL???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You see there are none because AFL players don't have what it takes.
:(/ =D =D
Last edited by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl on Sat May 05, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

NlolRL wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:09 pm

a you seriously suggesting AFL players dont require explosive sprinting? :lol: :rofl: :(/
Yes a 100%. There are no line breaks in AFL. And you can't sprint from one end of the field to the other with the ball in AFL.
Your game does not only not let players do that, it is not required in AFL :lol:
So for that reason, players don't need or have explosive speed in AFL. :thumbleft:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:22 pm
Excuses excuses, he still made top flight AFL even though he hated the game and was chasing the money.
he didnt make it, he was recruited for a purpose, had his chance ahead of thousands of other more capable players, but failed miserably
Isaac Heeney grew up playing rugby league in Newcastle before being poached by the Swans Academy. What's your excuse with him? Another rugby league player that made it in AFL easily. :mrgreen:
He now plays for the Swans no problem and has even been in trouble a few times for tackling too hard like they do in the NRL. :cool:
He joined the Swans academy at the ripe old age of 12, after also starring in soccer and cricket. You seriously think he's proof of an NRL player who made it in AFL?? FMD you're a comedy act!!!!!!!! :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Caleb Ponga who now plays for Newcastle Knights, but was begged by AFL to play for the Brisbane Lions and join their code. :mrgreen:
He played AFL with the lions academy from ages 15 to 18. He was never an NRL player, he was a kid who played multiple sports growing up including AFL, RL and golf.
Now find me an AFL player that Rugby League has tried to poach from AFL to play in NRL???
you've done that for me. Caleb Ponga played AFL from 15-18yrs and has now become a RL star apparently. Cheers :cheers:
Last edited by NlolRL on Sat May 05, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:27 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:09 pm

Yes a 100%. There are no line breaks in AFL. And you can't sprint from one end of the field to the other with the ball in AFL.
Your game does not only not let players do that, it is not required in AFL :lol:
So for that reason, players don't need or have explosive speed in AFL. :thumbleft:
no line breaks. So you think players just remain in their positions and dont try to run past defenders?

By suggesting AFL players dont require explosive sprinting you're effectively saying that running quickly in the AFL is not required.

Are you sure you want to go with that? :lol:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

seen a fair few reports on this bloke from south Sydney drafted to Philly>>

They are simply amazed by his talent>>

but it is so embarrassing> he was Under 20's player>
and those dumb yanks think it was a professional league at the highest level.|

RUGBY COMP IN AUSTRALIA !! THE N.R.L
superstar Former South Sydney Rabbitohs forward Jordan Mailata

stupid Yanks
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:24 am
King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:18 pm
Yep, that’s right, yet another rugby league star is in the big time over in the u...s of a :cheers:

Yep the nfl, the full contact sport the yanks play. And what’s that? He’s gunna be playing in a position in which he actually makes contact with opposition players? :lol:

Afl laddettes? Sit the fukk down on this one ok... just sit the fukk down

:lol:

:afro:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/21/for ... -nfl-shot/
Maybe this one will even play a game.
quiet a few have played, some were only good enough to kick, but only one showed form good enough to be drafted into a premiership winning team... and he has the ring to prove it.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

NlolRL wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:15 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:22 pm
he didnt make it, he was recruited for a purpose, had his chance ahead of thousands of other more capable players, but failed miserably
He joined the Swans academy at the ripe old age of 12, after also starring in soccer and cricket. You seriously think he's proof of an NRL player who made it in AFL?? FMD you're a comedy act!!!!!!!! :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
He played AFL with the lions academy from ages 15 to 18. He was never an NRL player, he was a kid who played multiple sports growing up including AFL, RL and golf.
you've done that for me. Caleb Ponga played AFL from 15-18yrs and has now become a RL star apparently. Cheers :cheers:
Caleb played both codes... but preferred the more talented game, your scraping the barrel mate. :cool:

Have you found someone that played professional AFL and successfully made first grade NRL??
Nope :mrgreen:

Have you found an AFL player that NRL has tried to poach like AFL did with Darren Lockyer and numerous others?
Nope :lol:

I rest my case. :thumbleft:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Why the hell would someone swap from AFL to NRL?? For the money? LOL Or maybe the massive crowds they play in front of

No one has successfully swapped from NRL to AFL either
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yes they have .
They played at the highest possible level .
Got paid more than most other players who have played all their sporting life .
Lauded by the media & coaches .

So that falls under successful .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

NlolRL wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:28 am
pussycat wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:21 am
'Good aerobic skills' . 100 interchanges :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Which accounts for about 3 breaks per player per game

Plus quarter time, half time and three quarter time = 6 :lol:

Plus every time a goal or behind are kicked = approx 46 :lol:

Plus out of bounds and ball ups = approx 86-110 total breaks for the Aussie rules aerobic athletes :lol:

Pussycat is right. We should laugh :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:24 am
King-Eliagh wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:18 pm
Yep, that’s right, yet another rugby league star is in the big time over in the u...s of a :cheers:

Yep the nfl, the full contact sport the yanks play. And what’s that? He’s gunna be playing in a position in which he actually makes contact with opposition players? :lol:

Afl laddettes? Sit the fukk down on this one ok... just sit the fukk down

:afro:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/21/for ... -nfl-shot/
Maybe this one will even play a game.
Errrm are you suggesting no rugby league players have played a game in the nfl?

Run on..........Punt and run the fukk off the field, quick as you can!

Lemme know when an afl player plays a game in which he is positioned to make contact with opposition players. :lol: I think official stats would tell us afl players who play in the nfl make more contact giving butt taps to their fellow team mates than they do avoiding or tackling opposition players :lol:

They’re your lads right there wookie, so please, please...take my advice .... and sit the fukk down ok? Just sit the fukk down :afro:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?