Is Sydney finally an AFL town?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Is Sydney finally an AFL town?

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:15 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:01 am
Lol yes it does
The already limited unco player pool was diluted even more by adding two new teams .
So those who were not in the top echelon of unconess got a gig ...diluting the already limited talent even further .
Hence the game becoming a low scoring ugly mess that viewers are turning off in droves .
you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about :lol:

The defensive strategies introduced by coaches have created the current 'ugly' congested play, it has nothing to do with 2 extra teams. It all depends on the strategies employed by the coaches. One of the worst games this year was between Geelong and Collingwood, 2 of the better teams this year. That's because both coaches flooded the defense like there was no tomorrow, turning the game into a complete mess. Whereas we have seen 'attractive' games between the bottom sides that have been more interesting, free flowing, and higher scoring.

The congestion and flooding creates mistakes or 'fumbles' because the limited time and space to pass or receive the ball creates errors. That's why the coaches do it, to create turnovers. An uncongested game almost always appears more skillful because players have time to execute their skills correctly.
Lol
The diluted talent pool, means that uncos who can't kick straight( lol well that's nearly all ...but theses are worse ) are getting a gig .
Hence my post .
I have an idea what I'm talking about because I'm no that's a cultist blindly defending whenever something negative is said about my sport .
There's been newspaper articles about HOW BAD THE KICKING IS FROM IN FRONT .

I'm sure you will have an excuse .

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-go ... f0a41f75d5

THEY’RE the numbers that confirm what we’re all seeing on the field

Goalkicking is as wayward in the AFL as it has been in decades.

As of the end of Round 6, the AFL’s 18 clubs have combined to kick 1317 goals and 1232 behinds.

With none of these numbers including shots at goal that missed entirely, that gives the competition overall goalkicking accuracy of 51.67 per cent.

holds over the entire season, that will be the worst league-wide accuracy seen since 1990.

In that season, the first under the AFL banner, the league went at 51.53 per cent in front of goal.

Lol but but but
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:39 pm
NlolRL wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:15 am
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:01 am
Lol yes it does
The already limited unco player pool was diluted even more by adding two new teams .
So those who were not in the top echelon of unconess got a gig ...diluting the already limited talent even further .
Hence the game becoming a low scoring ugly mess that viewers are turning off in droves .
you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about :lol:

The defensive strategies introduced by coaches have created the current 'ugly' congested play, it has nothing to do with 2 extra teams. It all depends on the strategies employed by the coaches. One of the worst games this year was between Geelong and Collingwood, 2 of the better teams this year. That's because both coaches flooded the defense like there was no tomorrow, turning the game into a complete mess. Whereas we have seen 'attractive' games between the bottom sides that have been more interesting, free flowing, and higher scoring.

The congestion and flooding creates mistakes or 'fumbles' because the limited time and space to pass or receive the ball creates errors. That's why the coaches do it, to create turnovers. An uncongested game almost always appears more skillful because players have time to execute their skills correctly.
Lol
The diluted talent pool, means that uncos who can't kick straight( lol well that's nearly all ...but theses are worse ) are getting a gig .
Hence my post .
I have an idea what I'm talking about because I'm no that's a cultist blindly defending whenever something negative is said about my sport .
There's been newspaper articles about HOW BAD THE KICKING IS FROM IN FRONT .

I'm sure you will have an excuse .

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-go ... f0a41f75d5

THEY’RE the numbers that confirm what we’re all seeing on the field

Goalkicking is as wayward in the AFL as it has been in decades.

As of the end of Round 6, the AFL’s 18 clubs have combined to kick 1317 goals and 1232 behinds.

With none of these numbers including shots at goal that missed entirely, that gives the competition overall goalkicking accuracy of 51.67 per cent.

holds over the entire season, that will be the worst league-wide accuracy seen since 1990.

In that season, the first under the AFL banner, the league went at 51.53 per cent in front of goal.

Lol but but but
Again, you're completely ignorant. :lol:

How accurate players kick at goal is irrelevant to whether the game is played in an attractive style :roll:

Big footy has numerous threads on the current style of play and how defensive congested play is ugly to watch. There are a few threads on goal kicking accuracy, but none of them complain about how ugly the game is because players kick behinds instead of goals, especially given the decline is marginal.

You're completely and utterly wrong.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nope
You just blindly ignore reality .
I even posted where the kicking is the worst for 1/4 of a century ..lol
The article says ..from in front .

They had to find enough players for 2 more teams .
A thin talent pool was diluted even more ....hence the terrible kicking .
Hence the media boss asking for rule changes .

No matter how much proof I put up
You will blindly ignore .
As you always do

This side argument started from the adding a ninth team Added value to the fights post .

Seems like the media boss at 7 doesn't agree with that .

Can you tell me if they FACTORED IN POOR RATINGS why are they complaining .
I don't see ch 9 complaining about the RL ratings in non RL states .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:04 pm
Nope
I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that is not why AFL fans are complaining and turning off.... :roll:
which account for no more than 3 players per team, a very minor effect at best given a team is 22 players on game day.
Ch7 complained about low scoring games which is to do with defensive congested play, not kicking percentages you moron :lol:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:11 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:04 pm
Nope
I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that is not why AFL fans are complaining and turning off.... :roll:
which account for no more than 3 players per team, a very minor effect at best given a team is 22 players on game day.
Ch7 complained about low scoring games which is to do with defensive congested play, not kicking percentages you moron :lol:
I'm a moron .really
I'm not the cultist .
Low scoring games are due to not only CONGESTION ..but uncos who can't kick straight .
As the article I posted says .whick you seem to be oblivious to
By not kicking straight ch 7 doesn't get its add slot for the restart of play .
Hence the media boss complaint .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:00 pm
I'm a moron .really
I'm not the cultist .
Low scoring games are due to not only CONGESTION ..but uncos who can't kick straight .
:lol: It's like taking candy from a baby. http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info. ... 4-0&pool=1 There are some results from the Eastern Football League, one of the many amateur divisions in Melbourne. The scores lines are very similar to the AFL. There are games involving high scoring, and lower scoring. Accurate scoring, and inaccurate scoring. Going by your theory the entire league are well below the skill of the AFL so the scorelines should be far more inaccurate and far lower scoring. You're wrong again idiot :[]
The AFL boss was suggesting rule changes to make the game less defensive and therefore higher scoring. He was not suggesting changes to make kicking for goal more accurate. How would they even do that? Widen the goals? Penalise players for missing? :lol: :[]
Worner, who has served on the Sydney Swans' board, quoted legendary NFL coach Vince Lombardi: "Get out of the way and let the players play'' - a sentiment that the AFL's new football boss, Steve Hocking, appears to endorse as the AFL weighs up potential changes to ease the congestion around the ball. He added: "I don't think we're getting out of the way. We're getting in the way.

"For the overall benefit of the game, we have to try and bring beauty back to the game.'' On the need for goals, Worner said: "We want back-to-back shootouts.''
He was clearly talking about congestion making the game ugly, defensive, and lower scoring. He NEVER mentions anything about inaccuracy, and as I've shown, inaccuracy is not even linked to skills above local league levels to any significant degree.

What a douche you are :(/ :(/
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh my
Just because top level are useless & can't kick straight you seem to think amateur is different .

& still you're ignoring the article I posted .
Now why would that be
You won't go near it .

Lol my fave bit .

“(Kicking) for goal, kicking inside 50 and some of the general field kicking, at some stage you’ve just got to say enough is enough,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“These are professional full-time footballers who have more access to resources and time than ever before and it is putrid.”

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Oh my
Just because top level are useless & can't kick straight you seem to think amateur is different .

& still you're ignoring the article I posted .
Now why would that be
You won't go near it .

Lol my fave bit .

“(Kicking) for goal, kicking inside 50 and some of the general field kicking, at some stage you’ve just got to say enough is enough,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“These are professional full-time footballers who have more access to resources and time than ever before and it is putrid.”
dont deflect. You claimed 2 more teams meant a poorer skill level which results in more inaccuracy and less goals, and that this was one reason the ch7 boss complained.

I've shown you are wrong on multiple levels:
1. amateur AFL comps have similar levels of accuracy at goal to the AFL
2. even with 2 new teams that only results in an increase of less than 3 players per team
3. the AFL boss specifically talked about congestion as the reason for ugly play and less goals. He never mentioned accuracy

Game. Set. Match
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:38 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:00 pm
I'm a moron .really
I'm not the cultist .
:lol: It's like taking candy from a baby. http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info. ... 4-0&pool=1 There are some results from the Eastern Football League, one of the many amateur divisions in Melbourne. The scores lines are very similar to the AFL. There are games involving high scoring, and lower scoring. Accurate scoring, and inaccurate scoring. Going by your theory the entire league are well below the skill of the AFL so the scorelines should be far more inaccurate and far lower scoring. You're wrong again idiot :[]
The AFL boss was suggesting rule changes to make the game less defensive and therefore higher scoring. He was not suggesting changes to make kicking for goal more accurate. How would they even do that? Widen the goals? Penalise players for missing? :lol: :[]
Worner, who has served on the Sydney Swans' board, quoted legendary NFL coach Vince Lombardi: "Get out of the way and let the players play'' - a sentiment that the AFL's new football boss, Steve Hocking, appears to endorse as the AFL weighs up potential changes to ease the congestion around the ball. He added: "I don't think we're getting out of the way. We're getting in the way.

"For the overall benefit of the game, we have to try and bring beauty back to the game.'' On the need for goals, Worner said: "We want back-to-back shootouts.''
He was clearly talking about congestion making the game ugly, defensive, and lower scoring. He NEVER mentions anything about inaccuracy, and as I've shown, inaccuracy is not even linked to skills above local league levels to any significant degree.

What a douche you are :(/ :(/
Lol he wants higher scoring .
...if .there is lower scoring then any sane person knows that those kicking are kicking inaccurately .
As verified by the stats in the article I posted ,.....the one you are ignoring
& that affects the 30 sec add time break .
Lol

“We want back-to-back shoot-outs,” Worner told The Age on Friday.

"I want more goals ... That's the most valuable 30 seconds of screen real estate in Australian television, aside from the 30 seconds after an over,” he said in reference to the price of advertising space after a goal in the AFL or at the change of ends in international cricket, another sport Seven has recently secured the rights to.

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol you've shown nothing .
Except your unwavering brainwashed gibberish .

He wants more goals ..because at the moment th goal kicking from in front is the worst for the last 1/4 of a century .
You can deflect all you like .
Thems the facts .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:30 pm
Lol he wants higher scoring .
...if .there is lower scoring then any sane person knows that those kicking are kicking inaccurately .
As verified by the stats in the article I posted ,.....the one you are ignoring
& that affects the 30 sec add time break .
Lol
my god you're a moron!
How would he change kicking accuracy? How could the AFL change kicking accuracy? Where in his entire comments does he even mention kicking accuracy?

He wants more goals and states how that can happen. What does he say? More accuracy? No. He says "Get out of the way and let the players play''. What does this mean? Less players in the way. Less congestion. Less defensive zoning
“We want back-to-back shoot-outs,” Worner told The Age on Friday.

"I want more goals ... That's the most valuable 30 seconds of screen real estate in Australian television, aside from the 30 seconds after an over,” he said in reference to the price of advertising space after a goal in the AFL or at the change of ends in international cricket, another sport Seven has recently secured the rights to.
and how does he suggest this can be achieved? More accuracy? Nope. He says "Get out of the way and let the players play''. What does this mean? Less players in the way. Less congestion. Less defensive zoning
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

If I wanted more goals I would find a player who could kick straight .
Seems to be an uphill task in your abortion of a game

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:31 pm
Lol you've shown nothing .
Except your unwavering brainwashed gibberish .

He wants more goals ..because at the moment th goal kicking from in front is the worst for the last 1/4 of a century .
You can deflect all you like .
Thems the facts .
less congestion = more ball movement = more forward entries = more shots at goal = more goals overall. Accuracy has nothing to do with it.

The article you posted was about accuracy, with this year being the lowest accuracy since 1990. Yet the scoring this year is the lowest in 50 years. They do not directly correlate.

Again, what would be the use of Ch7 boss asking for more accuracy? :lol:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:46 pm
If I wanted more goals I would find a player who could kick straight .
Seems to be an uphill task in your abortion of a game
That's nice. How is one player going to help in a team of 22? Unlike RL the AFL does not have designated kickers. Every player on the team is required to kick, and most will have a shot at goal at some stage. If you select players for their kicking ability only you'd rarely get the ball into the forward line to have a chance
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

Three or four afl clubs based in nsw with the same support and impact as the swans will create a local snowballing synergy that will turn the tide towards Sydney becoming a serious afl town.( a few years, culls and afl chiefs away )
It may never be the dominant code but the gap will narrow.
For gws to be part of this scenario they will need a facelift and reinvent themselves with a more enticing moniker.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap