Is Sydney finally an AFL town?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Is Sydney finally an AFL town?

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:49 pm
FAR FROM IT>>

in fact the network has got to be losing money airing the Game in Syd and Bris

the same would go for Ch9 and R.L airing games into southern states.
which would be factored in to the deal by both networks. I'm sure they were fully aware of what to expect when they signed the dotted line
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:58 am
FAR FROM IT>>

which would be factored in to the deal by both networks. I'm sure they were fully aware of what to expect when they signed the dotted line
that would be correct.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

FAR FROM IT>>

Disagree
The afl spruiked about a 9th game ...how it would mean big $$$ to them because of the increase in viewers .
That situation has not really happened & going by this year it's going backwards .
I don't think ch 7 is happy
Lol it's not ..as seen by the media boss asking for rule changes Due to tanking ratings
RL is nothing like that

CH 9 knew that without a local team in WA or SA..ratings were very low for RL as they always have been
There was no promise of an increase because some new unwanted unasked for teams were introduced .
They paid for what they knew would rate in the 1st & 3rd biggest ad markets .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:20 am
FAR FROM IT>>

Disagree
The afl spruiked about a 9th game ...how it would mean big $$$ to them because of the increase in viewers .
That situation has not really happened & going by this year it's going backwards .
Lol it's not ..as seen by the media boss asking for rule changes Due to tanking ratings
RL is nothing like that

CH 9 knew that without a local team in WA or SA..ratings were very low for RL as they always have been
There was no promise of an increase because some new unwanted unasked for teams were introduced .
Disagree. A 9th game will still involve more viewers than only 8 games. Say the 9th game was the suns v collingwood or the giants v westcoast. These would be additional viewers.

There's no way ch7 and fox expected instant high ratings for new teams. if they did that's on their stupidity.

Oh and the low scoring and rule changes has nothing to do with an extra game
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol yes it does
The already limited unco player pool was diluted even more by adding two new teams .
So those who were not in the top echelon of unconess got a gig ...diluting the already limited talent even further .
Hence the game becoming a low scoring ugly mess that viewers are turning off in droves .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:01 am
Lol yes it does
The already limited unco player pool was diluted even more by adding two new teams .
So those who were not in the top echelon of unconess got a gig ...diluting the already limited talent even further .
Hence the game becoming a low scoring ugly mess that viewers are turning off in droves .
you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about :lol:

The defensive strategies introduced by coaches have created the current 'ugly' congested play, it has nothing to do with 2 extra teams. It all depends on the strategies employed by the coaches. One of the worst games this year was between Geelong and Collingwood, 2 of the better teams this year. That's because both coaches flooded the defense like there was no tomorrow, turning the game into a complete mess. Whereas we have seen 'attractive' games between the bottom sides that have been more interesting, free flowing, and higher scoring.

The congestion and flooding creates mistakes or 'fumbles' because the limited time and space to pass or receive the ball creates errors. That's why the coaches do it, to create turnovers. An uncongested game almost always appears more skillful because players have time to execute their skills correctly.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:45 am

Disagree
RL is nothing like that

Disagree. A 9th game will still involve more viewers than only 8 games. Say the 9th game was the suns v collingwood or the giants v westcoast. These would be additional viewers.

There's no way ch7 and fox expected instant high ratings for new teams. if they did that's on their stupidity.

Gee pal you're the bloke that goes on and on and on and on and on and on about concurrent games meaning lower tv ratings. Newsflash - concurrent games are caused by having 2 new teams.

So which is it?? 2 new teams mean less ratings or 2 new teams mean more ratings?????? You've twisted yourself into a pretzel with this one pal.

Ok......here we go again...…..stroke, stroke stroke lololololo!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:35 am
NlolRL wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:45 am

Disagree
RL is nothing like that

Gee pal you're the bloke that goes on and on and on and on and on and on about concurrent games meaning lower tv ratings. Newsflash - concurrent games are caused by having 2 new teams.

So which is it?? 2 new teams mean less ratings or 2 new teams mean more ratings?????? You've twisted yourself into a pretzel with this one pal.

Ok......here we go again...…..stroke, stroke stroke lololololo!!!!!!!!
:(/

1 more game per round meant 8 games every round are now shown concurrently? :(/
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Are you ok pal??????? What the hell are you on about?????? Comprehension and grammar not your forte'?????? Maybe too much time doing laps lololoololo!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:19 pm
Are you ok pal??????? What the hell are you on about?????? Comprehension and grammar not your forte'?????? Maybe too much time doing laps lololoololo!!!!!!!!
:lol:

If we had 8 games not 9 we would still have 5 concurrent games Terry, so they are not the primary cause at all you dunce :rofl:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Pal, you don't seem to have comprehended my enquiry. You blame poor ratings on concurrent games. You then claim 2 new teams brings bigger ratings. However 2 new teams is the cause of your concurrent games. Get it???? Nah...….didn't think so lololololololol.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

the AFL stated a 9th Game added $50million towards the Broadcast deal per year.

so over 6 years = $300million

( I am unable to find the source for this )
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

You would have just a couple. It would certainly cut back on your excuses. :wink:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:02 pm
Pal, you don't seem to have comprehended my enquiry. You blame poor ratings on concurrent games. You then claim 2 new teams brings bigger ratings. However 2 new teams is the cause of your concurrent games. Get it???? Nah...….didn't think so lololololololol.
We already had concurrent games. The additional game brings another concurrent game
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:10 pm
You would have just a couple. It would certainly cut back on your excuses. :wink:
we'd still have 5 rather than 8