Vicderpian/AFL journos...what drugs are they on???

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Vicderpian/AFL journos...what drugs are they on???

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Jesus h fuck .
This mob have had some goodies over the years ...my fave being how a team of AFL players could beat the QLD SOO team .....at a game of RL .
But this is right up there with the best .

Is there something in the water down there .
Or do they just write utter crap to appease Aflol house because they know the gullible fans will lap it up .

Have a read of this.

It is from news ltd ..so there's an excuse for it being rubbish
Yet there's idiots named who have Given their opinion .

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...n ... 7f1805c8e1

Future of the AFL: Aussie rules headed for Pacific revolution

ELIZA SEWELL AND JON RALPH
Herald SunMarch 3, 20184:43pm

[​IMG]
A PACIFIC Football League succeeding AFL; fewer teams in Melbourne; pre-teens signed by franchises unrecognisable by today’s standards, and superstars on mega-deals outside the salary cap — welcome to footy 2050.

Football thinkers and futurists envision a generation of dramatic change for Australian football, and the revolution is at hand.

Gillon McLachlan and his project executives at AFL headquarters today are modelling proposals for conferences, mid-season player transfers and live draft trading.

But the thinking needs to be much bigger, the Herald Sun panel of experts agree.

Expansion to New Zealand, Asia and the US, and 20 to 24 teams split into conferences, is envisioned.

Renowned demographer Bernard Salt says in 32 years the game we know now “might still be headquartered in Melbourne but it would be a game that is truly global, or is global in this part of the world”.

“West Coast USA and certainly China, with sufficient sponsorship and with supersonic airline travel, I would say that is quite possible. The question is whether you actually call it Australian rules football by that stage. We’ve moved on from Victorian Football League to broaden the appeal, maybe the term Australian becomes a limiting factor.

“It might be called Pacific Football or something like that to broaden the appeal.”

Salt predicts the relocation of current teams to new markets, including China and its burgeoning middle class.

“They’ll start sitting at home watching a plasma television with a beer in their hand. Well, we should be providing the beer, Japan will be providing the plasma television, and we can be providing the sports game.

“They need to have connection and buy-in to it, so that needs to be the Shanghai Sharks or the Beijing Bears.

“And if we have to contort the game accordingly … we can adapt. We’re not purists here. We’ve adapted the game extraordinarily, even over the last generation.”

One-time Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and St Kilda football executive Chris Pelchen tips a two-conference league with 20-plus teams and vastly different list systems.

“A player won’t need to be contracted for the whole year, some will sign 4-8 week contracts,” he said.

“There will be 35 players on an active list who are protected and 10 on an inactive list who a club can put on their active list at any time.

“You can upgrade or downgrade a player at any time but if you are downgraded you can move to another club who can pick you up as a free agent. If you want to protect a player who is injured you keep him on your active list. But you can sign players for 4-8 weeks to replace injured players.”

Pelchen says player academies will assume important positions.

“Clubs will be encouraged to go out and develop player academies with AFL support where they can sign players from the age of 12,” he said.

“It’s happening across the world now and in international soccer. It would still be compulsory for them to be at school — then you put them on your list at age 18.”

At the other end of the scale, the very best players will not have their earnings artificially constrained.

“Clubs can have two franchise players where they are outside your salary cap,” Pelchen said. “They are still eligible for free agency when they come out of contract but the outstanding players like Wayne Carey and Gary Ablett Jr and more recently Patrick Dangerfield and Dustin Martin should be able to earn even more money.”

Wayne Jackson, AFL chief executive from 1996-2003, can’t see 10 Victorian teams surviving. A Melbourne team could be sent to merge with the Suns to ensure the league’s venture into southeast Queensland survives.

“My guess is we would have two teams in every state, hopefully a team relocate from Melbourne into Tasmania, hopefully a team relocated from Melbourne into the Northern Territory,” he said.

“And I reckon by 2050 we will have a team in New Zealand or the US west coast.

“It is essential if you are going to be an international or Asian competition, you can’t have 10 teams in Victoria.”

jon.ralph@news.com.au
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Vicderpian/AFl journos...what drugs are they on???

Post by pussycat »

They no longer even try to act sane :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ West Coast USA v Shanghai Sharks :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

It's an article suggesting the AFL should think bigger than mid season trades, and conferences. So in essence it's nothing more than a pipe dream by a columnist. So a bigger question is what the hell are you on getting so worked up about it?

Also, I'd love to see where the AFL media said a team of AFL players could beat the NRL SOO team at RL....
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

The big question is not that their serious (its their job to speculate and as it is MIGHT it real is an anything is possible as opposed to anything is eventual). Sadly you dont see the difference, NRL and Superleague MIGHT be a combined comp by then, SOO might be 4 teams (very unlikely), again ANYTHING is possible, but I've come to expect you pumping up everything RL as superior and everything about AFL as negative, symptoms of a very small person!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:30 pm
It's an article suggesting the AFL should think bigger than mid season trades, and conferences. So in essence it's nothing more than a pipe dream by a columnist. So a bigger question is what the hell are you on getting so worked up about it?

Also, I'd love to see where the AFL media said a team of AFL players could beat the NRL SOO team at RL....
As usual
When asked for proof
I supply it ..you fumblers could learn a thing from me

Sadly the link is dead..
Lol I wonder why
I'd get rid of this article too if I was fox .

Beating league players at own game
By Robert Shaw
July 5, 2006 Fox Sports

WE have seen a cross-pollination from the two rugby codes, but no players have moved directly from the NRL to the AFL or vice versa.

Pivot ... Adam Goodes could star in the No.6 jumper. Pic: Nick Wilson
In my mind, there is no doubt, given time and education, that AFL players far exceed their northern neighbours in the capacity to not only change codes but improve rugby league.

Here's how they could achieve an overall advantage.

Using superior aerobic capacity from players in all positions, the AFL team could sustain a higher intensity for longer.

The kicking skills of all players (not just selective kickers) would enable attacking launches from any point of the field where the AFL boys would control territory through precise accuracy.

The kicking game across the field to a wing would destroy the small rugby league fullbacks, with the AFL men controlling the air with their aerial skills. Constant aerial and kicking skills would be enough to keep the league boys on the back foot for 70 minutes.

Superior running skills, especially of our big men, would create more attacking options out wide.

And with the concept of "total football" the AFL players would have greater versatility in positioning.

Ball-handling skills across the players would enable the ball to be transferred through the hands of all, making a more expansive game plan possible.

Our second rowers and props could constantly adjust their positions due to their ball handling skills.
After the six-tackle count, the kicking could be done by any player due to the two-sided kicking skills of all players making defence against the kicking game difficult.

The similarities of AFL players would enable them to rotate positions constantly. AFL men are used to this and tactically it would be an edge.

They could also rotate players better through high demand positions to maintain intensity.

Any lack of size of AFL players would be nullified by increasing the intensity and running demands of the game through quick ball and hand movement.

Kicking effectively for touch or after penalties would decrease attacking distance for the AFL and increase it for league when they are in attack.

League players would counter strongly with their front-on assault and tackle count.

It is not unusual for a NRL player to make 30-35 full-on, front-on, tackles in a game; if an AFL player has eight tackles, he's been outstanding.

The league players have a lower centre of gravity and good pace so their ability to evade tackles, and lay off a punishing ball to their centres, would be critical.

AFL players would have great difficulty controlling this phase. The injection of players from rugby backgrounds such as Lewis Roberts-Thomson and Jason Akermanis would alleviate this somewhat.

Lower centre of gravity also allows for power in the tackle and the leg drive would be something the AFL players would find very uncomfortable, and they would find laying effective tackles an issue.

So who are our AFL players who could hypothetically convert to rugby league and take on the might of New South Wales or Queensland?

Fullback: Andrew McLeod Wings: Anthony Koutoufides, Matt McGuire Centres: Brendon Goddard, Lewis Roberts-Thomson Five-eighth: Adam Goodes Halfback: James Hird Props: David Hille, Barry Hall Hooker: Luke Ball Second row: Jonathan Brown, Mitch Hahn Lock: Dean Rioli. Interchange: Jason Akermanis, Quinten Lynch, Chris Judd, Brian Harris

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Swans4ever wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:32 pm
The big question is not that their serious (its their job to speculate and as it is MIGHT it real is an anything is possible as opposed to anything is eventual). Sadly you dont see the difference, NRL and Superleague MIGHT be a combined comp by then, SOO might be 4 teams (very unlikely), again ANYTHING is possible, but I've come to expect you pumping up everything RL as superior and everything about AFL as negative, symptoms of a very small person!
Lol
Only small person is you sarge ..
Little man syndrome wanting to fight people on the net ......ohhhh Internet tough guy .
Now that's a small person
&
Pointing out delusions is part of te TFC

& AFL has it in abundance with afl house
Media & fans

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Where is Shaw's article does it say AFL team could beat QLD at RL?
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:49 pm
Swans4ever wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:32 pm
Lol
Only small person is you sarge ..
Little man syndrome wanting to fight people on the net ......ohhhh Internet tough guy .
Now that's a small person
&
Pointing out delusions is part of te TFC

& AFL has it in abundance with afl house
Media & fans
Again the fact you took that seriously and not in the context that thread was written shows more about you than me. Do you need a cheap car? Only used by a little old lady every second sunday?
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Hahahahahahahahha.......lololololololololololol........hahahahahhahahhahahahah.......lolololololololololololol. The poor 'ol fumble fan living in the ultimate bubble lolololololololololololol. How good is that SOO rubbish lololololololol........hahahahahhahahahah........lolololololol!!!!!!

Sometimes you just gotta laugh at 'em......it's impossible to laugh with 'em the pooor silly buggers.....they actually believe it..... lololololololololo.......hahahahahahahahahhahahah.......lolololool!!!!!!!!

Alan Goodes as a number 6 .......hahahahahahhahahahha.......lolololololololololololo! At least he wouldn't get booed out of the game lololololololololololololol.

Oh dear......pass me the port lololololololololol!!!!!!!!
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Terry wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:15 pm
Hahahahahahahahha.......lololololololololololol........hahahahahhahahhahahahah.......lolololololololololololol. The poor 'ol fumble fan living in the ultimate bubble lolololololololololololol. How good is that SOO rubbish lololololololol........hahahahahhahahahah........lolololololol!!!!!!

Sometimes you just gotta laugh at 'em......it's impossible to laugh with 'em the pooor silly buggers.....they actually believe it..... lololololololololo.......hahahahahahahahahhahahah.......lolololool!!!!!!!!

Alan Goodes as a number 6 .......hahahahahahhahahahha.......lolololololololololololo! At least he wouldn't get booed out of the game lololololololololololololol.

Yeah......like RL placing a club in a 3rd world country hahahaha. Lololol....
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Terry wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:15 pm

:(/ :rofl: :(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:06 pm
Oh dear .

What is wrong with the vicderpian education system

Read the HEADLINE .
BEATING RUGBY LEAGUE PLAYERS AT THEIR OWN GAME .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:34 am
NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:06 pm
Oh dear .

What is wrong with the vicderpian education system

Read the HEADLINE .
BEATING RUGBY LEAGUE PLAYERS AT THEIR OWN GAME .
Click bait for suckers like you.

I can't see a single claim in the article that says a team of AFL players would beat a SOO team at RL.

Your comprehension skills are appalling
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

When West Coast US play the Shanghai Sharks who will be favourite? That something bookmakers need to think about.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

pussycat wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:42 am
When West Coast US play the Shanghai Sharks who will be favourite? That something bookmakers need to think about.
I suppose the same odds for who will declare bankruptcy first the Fiji whalers or the Tongan Kingfishers in the NRL! ALTHOUGH the odds should be shorter because the NRL's stupid enough to put a club in a 3rd world country!