Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Exactly why are we spending $2 billion on new stadiums in Sydney?

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Don't know Leeroy .
I'd say they will see how the new stadiums go ..before committing to ANZ .

On t other hand they could just say ..stadiums was one of the main issues and we now have a mandate to rebuild .
The next one to two years should be very Interesting
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:29 am
NlolRL wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:28 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:19 pm
Egg on their faces when they realise real sport gets priority.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even NRL's own fans dont give it priority. How many fans have turned out at today's Bulldogs v Eels game? 2 Sydney and it doesnt even look like there's 10k at the ground.
Anyways ANZ will be converted to a permanent rectangular field soon.

The biggest and newest stadiums in NSW will all be rectangular. :wink:

Sounds like priority to me. :cheers: :\:
If the SCG Trust led by Tony Shepherd, Alan Jones and co are as influential as they appear to be, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see the SCG masterplan fully implemented, ultimately benefiting all sporting codes requiring oval and rectangular stadium upgrades in Sydney. Looks good eh?

leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Beaussie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:16 pm

Even NRL's own fans dont give it priority. How many fans have turned out at today's Bulldogs v Eels game? 2 Sydney and it doesnt even look like there's 10k at the ground.

If the SCG Trust led by Tony Shepherd, Alan Jones and co are as influential as they appear to be, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see the SCG masterplan fully implemented, ultimately benefiting all sporting codes requiring oval and rectangular stadium upgrades in Sydney. Looks good eh?

I recan it will happen>> they have been saying they want sporting precinct..

i always thought they would lean towards Olympic Park

But Moore Park Looks likely
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:03 pm
Don't know Leeroy .
I'd say they will see how the new stadiums go ..before committing to ANZ .

On t other hand they could just say ..stadiums was one of the main issues and we now have a mandate to rebuild .
The next one to two years should be very Interesting
yeah i would say you are right, after all this B.S and delays

last year when announcement was made this was the plan,

The revised funding for ANZ Stadium provides for a budget of $810 million refurbishment of ANZ Stadium into a 70,000-seat rectangular venue that will bring 46,000 fans closer to the action, rather than a knockdown-rebuild of the stadium at Sydney Olympic Park. The works are scheduled to begin late 2019 and be completed by 2021.

Work on Allianz Stadium is expected to commence in late 2018, and be completed by March 2022.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/news-and-events/ ... r-stadium/

https://www.anzstadium.com.au/footer/ne ... r-stadium/
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

That video does not show much changing with the scg. It was recently renovated so no need.
But will be a great precint for the whole area.
Especially the BRAND NEW RECTANGULAR STADIUM. :\:
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:42 pm

That video does not show much changing with the scg. It was recently renovated so no need.
I take it you have not been to the SCG? The SCG masterplan shows new Brewongle, Churchill and O’Reily stands taking capacity up to 60,000 from memory.

Sounds and looks great eh?
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:12 am
On topic please .
Lol
Deflect now! Pretty funny and ungrateful of those taxpayer sucking cowboys!
Brand new stadium 250 million to replace a ground they couldn’t half fill on average, now want another 30 million!

But but but the AFL got 15 million

Where is their tight arsed oxygen thieving owner or that POS of a league club! Are they going to to pay for anything? Like most of the nrlol clubs just team the tax payer for any football related costs!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

You are a peanut .wookie is right .the afl has got far far more than 15 million for multiple clubs.
15 mill was,just for the lions recently .
How dumb are you
Youhave been told over & over that all sports get govt funding .
Yet all you do is rave about the NRl getting funding .
You're a dumb hypocrite .
& yes teh cowboys are putting in .
They put in 10 mill towards the stadium & will put about the same towards the training centre .

One simple question .
Why the fuck is it alright for afl clubs to get govt money ..but not alright for NRL clubs .

Oh & this is why I said on topic l
It was no deflection ..it was asking you to discuss the topic not rave with utter shit like this ..

Aparently the special needs nurses have been complaining about wheel chair access! Due to to endless complaints from the cheerleaders about their safety

As it’s been easier to have the nrlol fan in a controlled situation being strapped down in a wheel chair when brought in to the arena

🤣
Xman wrote
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:54 pm
You are a peanut .wookie is right .the afl has got far far more than 15 million for multiple clubs.
How dumb are you
They put in 10 mill towards the stadium & will put about the same towards the training centre .

One simple question .
Why the fuck is it alright for afl clubs to get govt money ..but not alright for NRL clubs .

It was no deflection ..it was asking you to discuss the topic not rave with utter shit
Read everyone of your posts again then shut the fuck up!
How do you just receive 250 million in a brand new stadium and facilities and be the sole tenant! Due to aparently the old stadium 25 years old is to old! That the POS team cannot half fill on average turn around and beg and cry for more money from the tax payer due not being afford to put any More than 10 million!
Find raise or different design!

The afl or clubs aren’t exactly having brand new stadiums built for them and clubs who have received payments have been one offs of only a few million & are paying for a large chunk of facilities with their own money

It’s not like they are having full facilities being built and not contributing a cent the nrlol does!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nrlolol wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:33 am
How dumb are you

One simple question .

It was no deflection ..it was asking you to discuss the topic not rave with utter shit
How do you just receive 250 million in a brand new stadium and facilities and be the sole tenant! Due to aparently the old stadium 25 years old is to old! That the POS team cannot half fill on average turn around and beg and cry for more money from the tax payer due not being afford to put any More than 10 million!

The afl or clubs aren’t exactly having brand new stadiums built for them and clubs who have received payments have been one offs of only a few million & are paying for a large chunk of facilities with their own money

It’s not like they are having full facilities being built and not contributing a cent the nrlol does!
Attachments
IMG_7445.JPG
IMG_7445.JPG (16.28 KiB) Viewed 1542 times

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

How dumb are you

One simple question .

Just to show you don't have a fucking clue
You just post utter rot & lies
Here is the panthers academy .
Not one cent of Govt money
Yet it's all,you rant about .
Wookie showed you were wrong
This is more proof .
You will ignore as you always do & just keep reposting the same crap in thread after thread

Panthers open $22 million Academy
Author
penrithpanthers.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 30 Mar 2016, 10:45 AM
Share on social media
Share via Facebook
Share via Twiiter
Share via Reddit
Share via Email
The Panthers Rugby League Academy was today officially opened with a short ceremony attended by the Hon. Malcolm Turnbull MP, Prime Minister of Australia.

Mr Turnbull toured the Academy with Panthers Chairman David O’Neill and Panthers Executive General Manager Rugby League Phil Gould AM, before being joined by Panthers icon John Farragher OAM to formally open the facility.

Fully funded by the Panthers Group, the Academy is a $22 million state-of-the-art facility located behind Panthers Leagues Club in Penrith. It will now become the fulltime training and development facility for the Panthers senior and junior squads, along with housing Panthers rugby league administration.

The Academy consists of two full-size all-weather training fields, two gymnasiums, hot and cold plunge pools, a 61-seat team auditorium, medical rooms and a number of recreational areas for players and staff.

GALLERY: Click here to go inside the Panthers Rugby League Academy

"We believe the Panthers Rugby League Academy is now the best of its kind for any sporting organisation in this country," Panthers Executive General Manager Rugby League Phil Gould AM said.

"It represents a huge investment by the Panthers in not only the game of rugby league, but the sporting landscape of Western Sydney as well.

"It should also be noted that this is more than just a factory for churning out rugby league players. 94 per cent of our contracted players, from the age of 16 through to our most senior NRL players, are actively engaged in schools, apprenticeships, trades or tertiary education courses. This facility caters for the welfare and education of all our players, on all levels."

The Academy building spans approximately 3,400 square metres and the overall site approximately 40,000 square metres. Construction commenced in June 2015 and the predominantly local labour force of up to 100 people per day completed the project earlier this month – some three months ahead of schedule.

The Panthers players got their first look around the Academy on Monday and will complete their first field session at the new facility on Wednesday afternoon.

"The Panthers Rugby League Academy is indicative of our steadfast commitment to Penrith and to the game of rugby league, now and into the future," Panthers Chairman David O’Neill said.

"It will become a source of inspiration for young rugby league players right across the Penrith district and regional areas. More kids than ever before will grow up dreaming of pulling on a Panthers jersey."

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:23 pm
How dumb are you

One simple question .

Just to show you don't have a fucking clue
You just post utter rot & lies
Here is the panthers academy .
Not one cent of Govt money
Yet it's all,you rant about .
Wookie showed you were wrong
This is more proof .
You will ignore as you always do & just keep reposting the same crap in thread after thread

Panthers open $22 million Academy
Author
penrithpanthers.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 30 Mar 2016, 10:45 AM
Share on social media
Share via Facebook
Share via Twiiter
Share via Reddit
Share via Email
The Panthers Rugby League Academy was today officially opened with a short ceremony attended by the Hon. Malcolm Turnbull MP, Prime Minister of Australia.

Mr Turnbull toured the Academy with Panthers Chairman David O’Neill and Panthers Executive General Manager Rugby League Phil Gould AM, before being joined by Panthers icon John Farragher OAM to formally open the facility.

Fully funded by the Panthers Group, the Academy is a $22 million state-of-the-art facility located behind Panthers Leagues Club in Penrith. It will now become the fulltime training and development facility for the Panthers senior and junior squads, along with housing Panthers rugby league administration.

The Academy consists of two full-size all-weather training fields, two gymnasiums, hot and cold plunge pools, a 61-seat team auditorium, medical rooms and a number of recreational areas for players and staff.

GALLERY: Click here to go inside the Panthers Rugby League Academy

"We believe the Panthers Rugby League Academy is now the best of its kind for any sporting organisation in this country," Panthers Executive General Manager Rugby League Phil Gould AM said.

"It represents a huge investment by the Panthers in not only the game of rugby league, but the sporting landscape of Western Sydney as well.

"It should also be noted that this is more than just a factory for churning out rugby league players. 94 per cent of our contracted players, from the age of 16 through to our most senior NRL players, are actively engaged in schools, apprenticeships, trades or tertiary education courses. This facility caters for the welfare and education of all our players, on all levels."

The Academy building spans approximately 3,400 square metres and the overall site approximately 40,000 square metres. Construction commenced in June 2015 and the predominantly local labour force of up to 100 people per day completed the project earlier this month – some three months ahead of schedule.

The Panthers players got their first look around the Academy on Monday and will complete their first field session at the new facility on Wednesday afternoon.

"The Panthers Rugby League Academy is indicative of our steadfast commitment to Penrith and to the game of rugby league, now and into the future," Panthers Chairman David O’Neill said.

"It will become a source of inspiration for young rugby league players right across the Penrith district and regional areas. More kids than ever before will grow up dreaming of pulling on a Panthers jersey."
Well how
prophetic is that bolded bit .

Proof was posted above that he was wrong ..
Wookie showed he was wrong ..now he has started the same shit in the GWS thread .
Runs like a dog & posts utter rot ..
Clogging up thread after thread with lies .

🤣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Beaussie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:51 pm

I take it you have not been to the SCG? The SCG masterplan shows new Brewongle, Churchill and O’Reily stands taking capacity up to 60,000 from memory.

At the end of the day the scg is only getting a few renovations. While we are getting the brand new stadium you pelicans tried so hard to stop.

You can have your refurbishment. The two newest stadiums in Sydney will be RECTANGULAR.

The biggest stadium in Sydney will be RECTANGULAR.

Makes AFL look not so important hey :wink:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:48 am

At the end of the day the scg is only getting a few renovations. While we are getting the brand new stadium you pelicans tried so hard to stop.

You can have your refurbishment. The two newest stadiums in Sydney will be RECTANGULAR.

The emptiest stadium in Sydney will be RECTANGULAR.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

SportCapital wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:31 am
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:48 am

The emptiest stadium in Sydney will be RECTANGULAR.
Poor facilities are half the problem which is why you AFL fans were so against all the rectangular stadium upgrades.

More codes use Rectangular stadiums than oval in NSW. So AFL gets last dips in this state.
Too bad
:cheers:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League