NRL DRAW (AFL TO FOLLOW)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Re: NRL DRAW (AFL TO FOLLOW)

Post by Terry »

leagueiscrap wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:36 pm
Terry wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:35 am
The_Wookie wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:26 am

Overall trends are down. Streaming will continue its inexorable march, and no change to unpopular timeslots.
Overall trends? I believe RL ratings were up in 2016 but dipped in 2017. That isn't a trend - that is a one year sample. Streaming may have an impact but I don't have your predictable negative view. If the big Sydney clubs i.e. Souths, Canterbury, Parra, Tigers and Saints fire so will ratings and crowds.

So what do you think about AFL ratings - oh - don't tell me - they'll go through the roof because lolololololololololol.

You are hardly the voice of objectivity on these matters.
Afl ratings were up and so were the streaming results! They out did the nrlol by miles

The majority the traditionall large afl clubs performed poorly last year as well!

So any more but buts
You do know RL won the ratings battle this year yet again!!!! And will now be pulling further away with the RLWC. Oh that's right lolololololololoolololololol.

Warning......warning........warning .......goldfish bowl moment coming up...lololololololololololol. Yes.....I'm a mind reader lolololololololol.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:14 pm

Overall trends are down. Streaming will continue its inexorable march, and no change to unpopular timeslots.
Overall trends? I believe RL ratings were up in 2016 but dipped in 2017.
Wrong on both counts. But hey why stop there.
That isn't a trend - that is a one year sample. Streaming may have an impact but I don't have your predictable negative view. If the big Sydney clubs i.e. Souths, Canterbury, Parra, Tigers and Saints fire so will ratings and crowds.
My view is taken across 4 sports and 8 years worth of data. Not just a 1 year sample or even I code.
So what do you think about AFL ratings - oh - don't tell me - they'll go through the roof because lolololololololololol.
I never said anything about AFL ratings so shut the fuck up you tiresome twat.
My ratings data is kept exactly the same way across all codes. Fuck you and anyone else who claims otherwise.
Thanks Wookie, very eloquently said lololololl.

I don't doubt your ratings data - you do a good job there. I doubt your opinion that RL ratings will have a 'huge' drop in 2018. The definition of huge is:

huge
[hjuːdʒ]

ADJECTIVE
extremely large; enormous:
"a huge area" · [more]
synonyms
enormous · vast · immense · very large · very big · great · massive · cosmic · colossal · prodigious · gigantic · gargantuan · mammoth · monumental · [more]

So do you think they will drop 20%, 30%, 40%? I would consider those numbers massive, colossal gigantic, huge.

At the end of the day it's only your opinion (and a biased one at that). Next year will tell the story.

So what do you think will happen with AFL ratings in 2018?
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

as we all know the AFL have released the DRAW for 2018

not much changes>> to be done really..

as in most years>> teams below will not feature in Thursday or Friday night football

BRISBANE LIONS
FREMANTLE DOCKERS
GOLD COAST SUNS

teams below have been given 1 game out of the Thursday / Friday TV SLOT

GWS x 1
Melbourne Demons x 1
North Melbourne x 1
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:22 pm
im talking size relative to the norm. If ratings are dropping 2-5% a year normally, than a 10% drop would be a big deal.

AFL ratings are subject to the same variables, while they were up this year, they were down last year. I suspect they'll hold.
Are you saying RL has dropped in ratings 2-5% year on year????????
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

leagueiscrap wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Overall trends? I believe RL ratings were up in 2016 but dipped in 2017. That isn't a trend - that is a one year sample. Streaming may have an impact but I don't have your predictable negative view. If the big Sydney clubs i.e. Souths, Canterbury, Parra, Tigers and Saints fire so will ratings and crowds.

Afl ratings were up and so were the streaming results! They out did the nrlol by miles

The majority the traditionall large afl clubs performed poorly last year as well!

So any more but buts
Wookie, is Link off with the fairies again? Wasn't Melbourne ratings down 10%?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Oh and another thing Wookie:

I said, "Overall trends? I believe RL ratings were up in 2016 but dipped in 2017."

You said, "Wrong on both counts. But hey why stop there."

So if I'm wrong on both counts that means that RL ratings were down in 2016 but up in 2017????? This goes against your own data my friend. Please clarify.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:05 pm
No deflection at all
The most watched football code is RL
With less games .
Less teams & no home viewer ratings from an overseas team .
Lol
Facts ..try using them sometime .
Some you fruit loops continue to ignore! But but the nrl now has control of the schedule and the crowds and ratings will magically rise

C9 maximises the ratings the best the nrlol will ever get

Head per head gamers played as similar times the afl flogs the nrlol hands down nearly every time

Why is that
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

I know I'll regret this Link , but one last try.

AFL main game is Friday night. This is not the case with RL. All our matches shown, yes, some more than others which is only natural considering what the networks pay. But yes all teams are shown, even the the one in NZ that doesn't get ratings

AFL will not show it bottom 3 sides in this time slot and 3 or 4 others will make just 1 appearance in this time slot.

Many RL people out there will turn over after a match and watch the last 40 minutes of the AFL . Giving the AFL 25% of isolation in its coverage. Even if there only turning over for a laugh it would still count.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

pussycat wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:59 am

AFL main game is Friday night. This is not the case with RL. All our matches are shown, yes, some more than others which is only natural considering what the networks pay. But yes all teams are shown, even the the one in NZ that doesn't get ratings

AFL will not show it bottom 3 sides in this time slot and 3 or 4 others will make just 1 appearance in this time slot.

Many RL people out there will turn over after a match and watch the last 40 minutes of the AFL . Giving the AFL 25% of isolation in its coverage. Even if there only turning over for a laugh it all counts. :wink:

leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFL main game is Friday night. This is not the case with RL. All our matches shown, yes, some more than others which is only natural considering what the networks pay. But yes all teams are shown, even the the one in NZ that doesn't get ratings

Many RL people out there will turn over after a match and watch the last 40 minutes of the AFL . Giving the AFL 25% of isolation in its coverage. Even if there only turning over for a laugh it would still count.
But but but
The news Corp broncos for the nrl play a large chunk of the Friday night games to maximise their ratings

And no nrlol fans do not turn over at the end of the game to watch the afl to boost ratings
Bahahahahahaha

Got any more but buts
All you have to do is look at the recent finals series :cheers:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

leagueiscrap wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:07 am

But but but
The news Corp broncos for the nrl play a large chunk of the Friday night games to maximise their ratings

And no nrlol fans do not turn over at the end of the game to watch the afl to boost ratings
Bahahahahahaha

Got any more but buts
All you have to do is look at the recent finals series :cheers:
There's no but, but butting about it.

Who got the most ratings???

Who got the highest ratings?????

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Highest rating match..RL
Most viewers for the year..RL

Most matches ..AFL .
Most teams ..AFL

Lol
That's a beating.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

judging by the 2 draws which have been released by the codes>>

which one looks like it is controlled by the networks now..
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Broadcasters have increased there coverage in the NSW CUP

The NSWRL’s premier competition, the Intrust Super Premiership NSW, will be broadcast live on Channel Nine in 2018 for the first time, in addition to increased coverage from FOX SPORTS, making it the most watched in the event’s history.
While full details of the draw are yet to be finalised, all 24 rounds of the regular season will feature in a 1pm Saturday live slot on the Nine Network, in addition to up to two games live each week on FOX SPORTS' dedicated Rugby League channel, FOX LEAGUE, on Foxtel
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:42 pm
Broadcasters have increased there coverage in the NSW CUP

The NSWRL’s premier competition, the Intrust Super Premiership NSW, will be broadcast live on Channel Nine in 2018 for the first time, in addition to increased coverage from FOX SPORTS, making it the most watched in the event’s history.
While full details of the draw are yet to be finalised, all 24 rounds of the regular season will feature in a 1pm Saturday live slot on the Nine Network, in addition to up to two games live each week on FOX SPORTS' dedicated Rugby League channel, FOX LEAGUE, on Foxtel
I wonder if Fred will let us use the ratings in the total figure lolololololololololololol. We'll have to get him to make a ruling on it.