Five years and a billion dollars later rugby league is broke

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Five years and a billion dollars later rugby league is broke

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:17 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:08 pm
Fred wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:08 pm
Well lic posted information to support his arguement ... we are not in a court of law but he has a journalist that was given leaked information with actual figures. His editor would not have let that through without being shown.
This has been explained to you over and over and over again Fred. Yet you repeat the same rubbish over and over and over again.

Please retire from the argument and save yourself further embarrassment my friend.

Cue Fred to now accuse me of deflecting lololololololololololololol. He's as predictable as a 2 year old spitting his dummy.......and nearly as smart lolololololololololol.
Cue terry not addressing not one point in the post.

Cue terry borrowing heartily from Fred lol. Imiatation isflaterry I give you that so thank you ... but mate ... you’ve tried to be like ke and failed ... shoot lower not higher .... just a suggestion. Next you’ll be using my puppet on a string analogy .... ............ oh my.....
Oh dear!!! Fred's gone all clockwork orange again!! Off to bed Fredo.....there's a good boy!
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Lol. Now you’re getting it terry
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Five years and a billion dollars later rugby league is broke, writes Paul Kent
PAUL KENT, The Daily Telegraph
October 13, 2017 6:00pm

FIVE years and a billion dollars later rugby league is broke.

Take a look at that figure again: $1,000,000,000. That is a thousand cheques for $1 ­million each, gone in the wind

Crowds have gone down, television ratings on Channel Nine are down, memberships have risen (but come from a low base and are well down on the 400,000 the NRL strived for as part of its 2012 strategic plan) and, most of all, most significantly of all, less people play rugby league than played five years ago.

Somehow, the game is in decline. Despite an agenda to build the game’s wealth the NRL has no assets to speak of except the long-term lease of League Central, a building on SCG Trust land.

The banks recently knocked back the NRL’s application for a $30 million bridging loan. The league dismissed the need for a loan as nothing more than the normal running of business, scoffing at us knuckleheads in rugby league who got worried they needed cash.

In their scoffing, though, they failed to acknowledge or disclose that the first step towards bankruptcy for any business is a cash flow problem.

Worse, why didn’t the banks consider the NRL a safe investment? The AFL got a similar loan, but then the AFL has assets.

So the cash shortage — $1 billion all spent — continues.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5d09cae3af

The original article noted above was the NRL’s reality in 2017. Imagine the new COVID-19 reality of 2020. Scary thought right? Eek.

Could some NRL clubs fold? Please correct me if I’m wrong, but from memory only 2 of the 16 NRL clubs are profitable right? And that was before COVID-19. :hmm:
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

NRL expecting a big profit this year. AFL on its way to another big loss this year. ditto the next few years.

What's that you say Beau??? :(/ :(/ :(/
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:37 pm
NRL expecting a big profit this year. AFL on its way to another big loss this year. ditto the next few years.

'ol beatup is the kiss of death!!!! Everything he says the opposite happens lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!! NRL is in rude health while the fumbling game bleeds money!!!! It's bewdifool to watch lolololool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Canberra Raiders
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by baselinepanther »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:37 pm

the NRL lost only 5 million in 2020... but .. but
that didn't include the Origin that was played in November. If it had been included the NRL amazingly would have posted about a 10 million profit.
2 origin series's in the same balance sheet will have the NRL in a very good position financially in 2021

the AFL lost 29 Million in 2020
& will probably lose the same amount in 2021

:cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

The AFL should do better this year I think. Clubs may suffer re: lower crowd revenue.
Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:48 pm
The AFL should do better this year I think. Clubs may suffer re: lower crowd revenue.
will be interesting this year..

last year's AFL figures look better than it is,
as they exhausted alot of the cash reserves at AFL Central
and clubs also dug deep into there own pockets.

while also having huge cuts across the board.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yes, the future fund the afl had/has was dug into… but I guess that’s what it was there for.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:06 pm
Yes, the future fund the afl had/has was dug into… but I guess that’s what it was there for.
Yes Freddo. But the point is now it's not there. And with the Suns and GWS sucking the teat dry Gilty and the boys will be praying nothing else goes wrong!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Beaussie wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:23 pm

Take a look at that figure again: $1,000,000,000. That is a thousand cheques for $1 ­million each, gone in the wind

Crowds have gone down, television ratings on Channel Nine are down, memberships have risen (but come from a low base and are well down on the 400,000 the NRL strived for as part of its 2012 strategic plan) and, most of all, most significantly of all, less people play rugby league than played five years ago.

Somehow, the game is in decline. Despite an agenda to build the game’s wealth the NRL has no assets to speak of except the long-term lease of League Central, a building on SCG Trust land.

The banks recently knocked back the NRL’s application for a $30 million bridging loan. The league dismissed the need for a loan as nothing more than the normal running of business, scoffing at us knuckleheads in rugby league who got worried they needed cash.

In their scoffing, though, they failed to acknowledge or disclose that the first step towards bankruptcy for any business is a cash flow problem.

Worse, why didn’t the banks consider the NRL a safe investment? The AFL got a similar loan, but then the AFL has assets.

The original article noted above was the NRL’s reality in 2017. Imagine the new COVID-19 reality of 2020. Scary thought right? Eek.

Could some NRL clubs fold? Please correct me if I’m wrong, but from memory only 2 of the 16 NRL clubs are profitable right? And that was before COVID-19. :hmm:
:rofl: :[] :rofl: :rofl:
Is there anything funnier or so far removed from reality that you just have to laugh than Beas predictions or musings about what could happen to RL.
Put it in laymans terms
He couldnt hit the side of a barn if he was standing next to it .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:14 pm
Beaussie wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:23 pm

:rofl: :[] :rofl: :rofl:
Is there anything funnier or so far removed from reality that you just have to laugh than Beas predictions or musings about what could happen to RL.
Put it in laymans terms
He couldnt hit the side of a barn if he was standing next to it .

Don't ever get a tip for the horses off beatup! He's the kiss of death.
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

Nostradamus

he aint ..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: