Rival codes give GWS a reality check. (LOWEST AFL FINALS CROWD IN 100 YEARS!!!)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Rival codes give GWS a reality check. (LOWEST AFL FINALS CROWD IN 100 YEARS!!!)

Post by Fred »

I'm guessing there is no proof to support it was a paid advert.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Rival codes give GWS a reality check. (LOWEST AFL FINALS CROWD IN 100 YEARS!!!)

Post by leagueiscrap »

No there is none, just another thread of dribble and deflection
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred
Do you think contra is just advertising .
Lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:35 pm
No there is none, just another thread of dribble and deflection
:(/ :(/ :(/
:(/ you have no concept no idea not the slightest clue about what is being talked about

Lol
You also somehow in your usual braindead way read my comment that 200 mill of the AFl deal was contra & in your head that means I said they paid 200 mill overs .

How does anyone with an IQ above that of a pot plant think like that
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You can speculate that it was contra etc but there is no actual proof that it was a paid advert.

I think the journalist and/or the media organisation would have to say it was paid by the Giants/afl or disclose a conflict of interest. Anyway, there is no proof just conjecture or conspiracy. Which is fine to speculate. I just wanted to know if anyone actually knew.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

come on crapper we need the proof?
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Pete_2211
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Brisbane Lions
Been liked: 0

Post by Pete_2211 »

I think all this proves is people in Sydney just dont like sport that much compared to football states. Look at the crowds the storm get in Melbourne & South get in Perth.

So its not a GWS thing its just that people in that strange city of Sydney just dont like sports of any kind that much full stop. Considering Rugby League has been your most popular sport for over 100 years can you really blame them for not being that passionate :)
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

The AFL need to continue to try and "boost" GWS profile. Western Sydney couldn't give a rats about them, but it is essential that they appear worthwhile because they need them to con the various governments for more money. To build fields that no one uses, they need to lock away open space to prevent codes that desperately need them from gaining access.

The simple fact is AFL in Western Sydney is so far behind every other football code, but they lie about participation numbers, lie about the real popularity of the GWS, because it is the wedge to stop other codes from growing further.

AFLX is the same thing. Wait for some "amazing" figures to come out about popularity so they can tie up more and more Rectangle fields.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You are spot on... western Sydney is not an afl place .... hence their need to grow the game there.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

post_hoc wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:34 am
The AFL need to continue to try and "boost" GWS profile. Western Sydney couldn't give a rats about them, but it is essential that they appear worthwhile because they need them to con the various governments for more money. To build fields that no one uses, they need to lock away open space to prevent codes that desperately need them from gaining access.

The simple fact is AFL in Western Sydney is so far behind every other football code, but they lie about participation numbers, lie about the real popularity of the GWS, because it is the wedge to stop other codes from growing further.

AFLX is the same thing. Wait for some "amazing" figures to come out about popularity so they can tie up more and more Rectangle fields.
given GWS are 6 years old and been easy beats for most of their existence compared to NRLOL teams that are 60 to 90 years old! GWS their crowds and memberships are those clubs levels going by your logic western sydney couldnt give a rats about those teams either! throw in the aye league WSW as well

GWS are a 20 to 30 year project and will only to continue to grow just like the Swans have done :cheers:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

leagueiscrap wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:26 am

given GWS are 6 years old and been easy beats for most of their existence compared to NRLOL teams that are 60 to 90 years old! GWS their crowds and memberships are those clubs levels going by your logic western sydney couldnt give a rats about those teams either! throw in the aye league WSW as well

GWS are a 20 to 30 year project and will only to continue to grow just like the Swans have done :cheers:
2/3 of GWS members are from Canberra, last time I checked that wasn't in western sydney. So there local members number about 7000-9000, judging by their crowd sizes that would be a close estimate. But the AFL are known to lie about their membership, just as they lie about their participation figures. It is all to secure grounds and money at the expense of other sports.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

till this day and I cannot believe

GWS have joined with Canberra>>

And the reasons why are explained below

Million dollar deals to play in Canberra>>

All the Giants have to do is put Canberra on that back of the Gurnsey and "act" like they are a ACT TEAM

Support >> the AFL new it would be hard to get members and support>>

so they split it into 2 regions>>>
Vlad Tepes
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Sydney FC

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I reckon Wanderers are in for a massive bump once they ditch Spotless and move into the new Parramatta stadium which will also be after A league expansion. Also the Eels as well.

FFA needs to consider South-Western Sydney for expansion (Liverpool and Campbelltown) because there's massive population growth there (a lot of immigrants as well who couldn't care less about fumbling) and it's all Rugby League and Soccer.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

yeah true aye, will be massive for the 2 clubs at Parra Stadium>>

it is a no brainer the south west corridor

the amount of housing and infrastructure down that way is HUGE
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

post_hoc wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:03 am
leagueiscrap wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:26 am

2/3 of GWS members are from Canberra, last time I checked that wasn't in western sydney. So there local members number about 7000-9000, judging by their crowd sizes that would be a close estimate. But the AFL are known to lie about their membership, just as they lie about their participation figures. It is all to secure grounds and money at the expense of other sports.
Got any proof on those numbers dip shit
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys