Massive Game for the Socceroos on Thursday

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Re: Massive Game for the Socceroos on Thursday

Post by post_hoc »

pussycat wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:17 pm
How do we normally go against Thailand?
Last game we drew with them in Thailand. From memory there was a monsoon before the game, and the field looked like a cross between a cow paddock and rice paddy.

We SHOULD win, but anything is possible, if they park the bus and try to hit on the counter. They know we need to score goals, they know what we need to do, they can and will set up to stop that.

for us in order of priority

1) Win
2) Win by 2
3) Win by 4
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

leagueiscrap wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:05 pm
Not sure how we go against Thailand in soccer, but I do know the females over there have amazing skills & talents with a ping pong ball! :D:
You win todays post
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I'm off to Bangkok for a few weeks ... I'll keep a look out ... not lol
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Well best of luck over there, it's not as cheap as it use to be as it's becoming a more popular tourist spot especially in the major cities but definitely check out the nite life it is seriously bizarre
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Will be giving that a wide berth.
Veni, vidi, vici
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Fred wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:14 am
Will be giving that a wide berth.
Liven up man, Where is the sense of adventure :cheers:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:04 pm
Take care Fredo. It's fraught with danger holidaying in third world countries. Take plenty of fresh water and baked beans and batten down the hatches my friend!!!!!
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Terry wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:49 am
Fred wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:04 pm
Take care Fredo. It's fraught with danger holidaying in third world countries. Take plenty of fresh water and baked beans and batten down the hatches my friend!!!!!
Lol you have NFI idea and never been!

Thailand 6 years ago & today is quite safe and the local food is amazing!
But the water for around most of SE Asia in general you cannot drink
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

You're right missing link - I have never been out of Bangkok airport lololololololololol. My idea of holiday destinations seems to be .......ahem.........a little different to you and Freddy. I trust he and Mrs Fred have a great time though!!!!
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Terry wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:20 am
You're right missing link - I have never been out of Bangkok airport lololololololololol. My idea of holiday destinations seems to be .......ahem.........a little different to you and Freddy. I trust he and Mrs Fred have a great time though!!!!
Leaving your house and going to another shire dweeb isn't going international.
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

I watched the game last night - couldn't believe the number of chances at goal we had. Was it bad luck or bad play??

In any case it's a hard road to the WC finals now.
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

been to thailand twice myself, great place to have a holiday

and yeah terry we had a lot of chances but our finishing was disgrace.

were in real danger now of not qualifying which would be disastrous for the game here in this country although it could be the catalyst for change as well...

we now have to beat syria in a 2 game play off who are now the worlds second favorite football team (virtually every neutral wants them to win because of the state of their country etc) and if we beat them, we then have to face either one of costa rica, usa or panama in another playoff...(most likely panama)....and on current form we would get hammered

sick of the coaching staff and the players moaning about the fans and media getting on their backs....fuckin hell lol, one thing ill say is the nrl and afl media do a much better job shedding light on negligence in their games vs what we have in soccer where most of the time our media are just cheer leaders....these players think we're being too hard of them....we aren't fucking stupid, we know we aint the best team in the world but im pretty fucking sure its not unreasonable to suggest that a team like australia should be beating a team like thailand very comfortably...and should of qualified automatically for the world cup....yet look what happened and all they do is have a sook about it.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

sydneyfc wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:55 am

were in real danger now of not qualifying which would be disastrous for the game here in this country although it could be the catalyst for change as well...

we now have to beat syria in a 2 game play off who are now the worlds second favorite football team (virtually every neutral wants them to win because of the state of their country etc) and if we beat them, we then have to face either one of costa rica, usa or panama in another playoff...(most likely panama)....and on current form we would get hammered

sick of the coaching staff and the players moaning about the fans and media getting on their backs....fuckin hell lol, one thing ill say is the nrl and afl media do a much better job shedding light on negligence in their games vs what we have in soccer where most of the time our media are just cheer leaders....these players think we're being too hard of them....we aren't fucking stupid, we know we aint the best team in the world but im pretty fucking sure its not unreasonable to suggest that a team like australia should be beating a team like thailand very comfortably...and should of qualified automatically for the world cup....yet look what happened and all they do is have a sook about it.
Yeah - we coulda scored ten goals but just couldn't get the ball into the back of the net enough.

You're probably right about the media. I know the RL media are merciless with their reporting. The fumblers though have a lot of fanboys in the press with a couple of notable dissenters in Patrick Smith and Caroline Wilson on occasion.

It'll be a travesty if we don't make the finals. Should Ange get the sack??
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

that is the thing with soccer.. the better team doesn't always show on the scoreboard.
could of easily been a 5-1 game
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

you're absolutely right leeroy

however i do believe there are basic forces like positive and negative momentum at work....so while we did dominate that game...the result was not good enough....which essentially follows the same storyline as our entire qualification where we have been simply not good enough...drawing games that we should of won, and winning games by a bare inch when we should be winning comfortably.

im sure the game was entertaining as hell as a neutral but games like these just make my blood boil...definitely not healthy for me at all
Terry wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:29 am
sydneyfc wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:55 am

Yeah - we coulda scored ten goals but just couldn't get the ball into the back of the net enough.

You're probably right about the media. I know the RL media are merciless with their reporting. The fumblers though have a lot of fanboys in the press with a couple of notable dissenters in Patrick Smith and Caroline Wilson on occasion.

It'll be a travesty if we don't make the finals. Should Ange get the sack??
Some people are calling for ange to get the sack right now but i think that would be disastrous....id keep ange at least until the end of qualification...whether we keep him for the WC (if we qualify) is another question though.