With a few months practise coulD a champion Gaelic footy team beat a champion afl team?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: With a few months practise coulD a champion Gaelic footy team beat a champion afl team?

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:42 pm
Pyke also was one of the best the afl had to offer at taking contested marks. One of the most highly regarded skills in the game and some union toff Canuck turkey showed em all how :(/
not a single brownlow vote. Not a single AA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pyke In his best season he averaged a massive 3.6 marks a game.

Yep, elite :(/
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Re: With a few months practise coulD a champion Gaelic footy team beat a champion afl team?

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:50 pm
Do you think all Australian team selectors might kindof pick players who are australian instead of Irish :lol:
Could you be any more stupid???? :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
In any case this isn't the point. I never said the champ Gaelic footy side would beat an all Australian side nlol you silly butt twerk :lol: I said they'd beat a club side like the hawthorn champions of recent years.
well, no you didnt. Anyway, a team like Hawthorn had may AA's. How is a team of Irish with no AA's going to fare? :(/
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

https://m.qt.com.au/news/swans-pyke-pro ... l/1889065/

:rofl:

A Canadian with comparatavely no experience!!!

I mean lemme put it in a way which doesn't offend you nlol. Imagine if some pommy royal who'd grown up playing boules and polo came across to Australia as a young man, decided 'fuck the boules and polo I'm gunna have me a go at cricket'. Now imagine this man had no experience playing cricket but made the Sheffield sheid squad and not only that, was able to be a massive success.

:lol:

That's what happens in ur code every year!!! I really love this Texan college basketballer who's come into Melbourne town recently and said "oh yeah, that games piss easy, I'll just stroll in and make the cut at the elite pro level" :(/ :rofl: :(/

I'm sorry nlol, there's just something massively wrong here! :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:17 pm
https://m.qt.com.au/news/swans-pyke-pro ... l/1889065/

:rofl:

A Canadian with comparatavely no experience!!!

I mean lemme put it in a way which doesn't offend you nlol. Imagine if some pommy royal who'd grown up playing boules and polo came across to Australia as a young man, decided 'fuck the boules and polo I'm gunna have me a go at cricket'. Now imagine this man had no experience playing cricket but made the Sheffield sheid squad and not only that, was able to be a massive success.

:lol:

That's what happens in ur code every year!!! I really love this Texan college basketballer who's come into Melbourne town recently and said "oh yeah, that games piss easy, I'll just stroll in and make the cut at the elite pro level" :(/ :rofl: :(/

I'm sorry nlol, there's just something massively wrong here! :lol:
Pyke met the requirements for a ruck, he was tall, could tap the ball to advantage, and could catch the ball in a contest. Yet his stats show his averages were poor, so much so he couldnt even score a single brownlow vote in 8 seasons.

I think it's great athletes from other sports can come and try AR, with a few of the best actually making the grade
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

In comparison to any other sport it seems the afl is the one where almost any old athlete can rock up without actual playing experience and make the highest grade :lol:

It's uncanny how many just waltz in and find emselves in the top tier of the profession, the afl :lol:

What on earth is wrong? Is it a simple game? Are the current athletes just not that athletic? I think definitely both of these and the afl born and bred lads also don't have much ticker either.

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think afl does lend itself to athletes no doubt... but to suggest they just rock up and play at the highest level ?

Many takes a few years of development some more ... many don't make it.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:28 pm
In comparison to any other sport it seems the afl is the one where almost any old athlete can rock up without actual playing experience and make the highest grade :lol:

It's uncanny how many just waltz in and find emselves in the top tier of the profession, the afl :lol:

What on earth is wrong? Is it a simple game? Are the current athletes just not that athletic? I think definitely both of these and the afl born and bred lads also don't have much ticker either.
there are unique positions in AR that suit different skills and body shapes. Most of the successful 'newcomers' have been ruckmen who's main role is rucking. Similarly, the NFL has introduced newcomers with no experience, such as kickers, who have a dedicated role with unique skills.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

"A few years" you say freddy? :(/

Again I say this just simply doesn't happen anywhere else, not in the significant numbers that it occurs in the afl.

Given the comparative skill sets, The Irish Gaelic teams could give em a real pasting with just a few months practice :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Did these guys play ruck? Taught Kennelly? Khunt? Setanta Ó hAilpín? The last guy actually played hurling before waltzing into an afl squad :lol: nlol ya lil butt twerk, you think the skills in hurling are comparable to afl? :(/ spose they don't do a drop punt :rofl: :(/ :rofl:

xman wrote:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

King-Eliagh wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:15 pm
Did these guys play ruck? Taught Kennelly? Khunt? Setanta Ó hAilpín? The last guy actually played hurling before waltzing into an afl squad :lol: nlol ya lil butt twerk, you think the skills in hurling are comparable to afl? :(/ spose they don't do a drop punt :rofl: :(/ :rofl:
I didnt say all of them, I said the succesful. I certainly wouldnt say Ohailin was a success, or Khunt. They were both fringe players at best. Kennelly was a success but he spent 3 years on the swans list before he became a regular player, so he certainly had enough time to adapt to the game
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Jason Holmes re-signs with st kinda

Holmes was born in Chicago[2] to an African American father and White American mother. He played basketball, soccer, baseball, American football and golf throughout his youth

Golf!? :(/

Seriously there'd be literally thousands and thousands of young afl playing men who've played the game for more than 20 years and then in comes some American dude who's played some golf and basketball and...well... He's better than the afl players :(/

What tha fukk is going wrong here ?? :lol:

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Does he fall under the exemptions for draft picks and cap. ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The King makes a great point. There is no other sport in the world that get's athletes that have never played, seen, or heard of said sport but spend an amount of time learning the said sport and then become first team players and very good or superstars of said sport. The Australian Fumbling League take a bow.

I say it's because the game is so damn easy to play. It's an unskilled rabble of a game that any dill or mug off the street could dominate. And it's been proven by blokes like the Canadian Rugby plonker Myke Pike.
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 0

Post by docker24 »

Lol still going on with piky boy.

Let me make this simpler for you and conclude this rubbish and pointless discussion, the guy came from rugby to afl, joined the swans, surrounded by stars, team was one of the best for years, all he was told to do was to tap the ball during contests to the small running bloke's, he slowly picked up kicking and marking as he went on.

Get the fuck over him, his no "superstar" rofl.

I'm sure if he went to that simplified version of rugby...league he would of been told to catch a kids style ball (RL ball) from a 5 metre pass at such a slow speed and told to run at the defence, make some metres and don't drop the ball!! Haha
EST. 1870
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

So to prove a point you post something that didn't happen
If
If if if
You fumblers live in a world of hypotheticals .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o