The reason why Rugby League wins the TV ratings each and every year!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

The reason why Rugby League wins the TV ratings each and every year!

Post by pussycat »

Cut out all these but but excuses. Its tiresome having to listen to you Southerner's and your pathetic excuse's . The reason the AFL is so far behind Rugby League when it comes to TV ratings is because of your lopsided competition . All but 2 or 3 of your matches each round are at blowout odds.The NRL is the complete opposite with rarely more than a couple of matches at big odds. :cheers: :cheers: :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: The reason why Rugby League wins the TV ratings each and every year!

Post by Fred »

Did you see last round?
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
The last few years the bookies had multiple fumble teams at 1000-1 before 1/4 of the season had been played .
TLPG 🀣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🀣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
geppo
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by geppo »

Part of the reason that there are more rugby league viewers is that not very many actually go to a game. It is built for TV. However, AFL supporters are either at the game (tens of thousands bigger crowds - sometimes one AFL game equals 6 NRL games) or watching at pubs/clubs etc!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

geppo wrote: ↑Wed May 10, 2017 3:31 pm
Part of the reason that there are more rugby league viewers is that not very many actually go to a game. It is built for TV. However, AFL supporters are either at the game (tens of thousands bigger crowds - sometimes one AFL game equals 6 NRL games) or watching at pubs/clubs etc!!
So are you saying League supporters don't go to pubs and clubs [-(

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Well you are saying the nrl smashes the afl πŸ˜‚
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: ↑Wed May 10, 2017 10:28 am
Cut out all these but but excuses. Its tiresome having to listen to you Southerner's and your pathetic excuse's . The reason the AFL is so far behind Rugby League when it comes to TV ratings is because of your lopsided competition . All but 2 or 3 of your matches each round are at blowout odds.The NRL is the complete opposite with rarely more than a couple of matches at big odds. :cheers: :cheers: :rock:
well for starters RL only won the season's accumulated ratings by around 10m, which just happens to be what they get for SOO. So other than this 'tournament' the ratings for each code for the year are about the same.

Furthermore, the AFL had the highest game, GF, Final, FTA, STV and home and away game last year, so I'm not sure why you think RL rates more.

As for being lop-sided, it that has been the case in the last few years while the Suns and Giants built a respectable list of players. These new clubs also effected the other struggling clubs because they were given the majority of young talent to build on.

However, now that these new teams have matured this year has been crazy unpredictable, with two of the top teams from recent years languishing near the bottom, and multiple upsets coming every weekend. This is one reason our ratings and crowds are up. How are RL crowds and ratings going? :cheers:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

pussycat wrote: ↑Wed May 10, 2017 5:13 pm
geppo wrote: ↑Wed May 10, 2017 3:31 pm
So are you saying League supporters don't go to pubs and clubs [-(
Lol geez they are a special breed .

The same bullshit gets trotted out at GF time .
What about all the AFLOL viewers at BBQ & pubs & clubs .

Do these insular hicks think that victaaaardia is the only place with pubs & clubs & where people have bbqs

🀣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: ↑Wed May 10, 2017 6:43 pm
well for starters RL only won the season's accumulated ratings by around 10m, which just happens to be what they get for SOO. So other than this 'tournament' the ratings for each code for the year are about the same.

Furthermore, the AFL had the highest game, GF, Final, FTA, STV and home and away game last year, so I'm not sure why you think RL rates more.

As for being lop-sided, it that has been the case in the last few years while the Suns and Giants built a respectable list of players. These new clubs also effected the other struggling clubs because they were given the majority of young talent to build on.

However, now that these new teams have matured this year has been crazy unpredictable, with two of the top teams from recent years languishing near the bottom, and multiple upsets coming every weekend. This is one reason our ratings and crowds are up. How are RL crowds and ratings going? :cheers:
The same braindead moronic rants .

Take out SOO .
Um no
It's part of our season .
You also neglect to mention that the AFLOL have 9 games per week to our 8 .

But but but but but

🀣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Wed May 10, 2017 7:15 pm

The same braindead moronic rants .

Take out SOO .
Um no
It's part of our season .
You also neglect to mention that the AFLOL have 9 games per week to our 8 .

But but but but but
just like you forget to mention all your games are shown in isolation. Either way, we have the highest rating game in every category
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Soo is part of the nrl season ... ?? Seriously ? It may be part of the rl year in scheduling but it has nothing to do with who plays in the grand finals or finals .
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

I never claimed that the NRL get more ratings than the AFL comp.....They don't. That's because the AFL play far more matches and more than1/4 of the NRL focus is on rep matches. In recent years we , more often than not, have the top rating match and we always have 4 of the top 5 rating matches.

Our ratings may be down due to very high streaming levels. But they will pick up - unlike yours. Didn't those table Wookie provided have your ratings down ever so slightly 2 weeks ago? After last week they will be worse and it will be all down hill from there,

I hear the same old but but blabber about your expansion teams every year. Long before they get there act together we will have a 2nd team in Qld and a team in Perth. You will loose half your ratings in Perth and the Suns and Lions will struggle worse than they ever did.

As far as Grand Finals go we have won 2 of the last 3 years. You had your best Grand Final in 16 years last year though if Bulldogs had lost the final last year you would have had your lowest rating GF ever. We got just under 490k for a club game on PTV last year. We have multiple Quality games that are played on anny night of the week - not just Fri Night. And last year we had more matches at club level that rated over 1m. Our rep matches simply blow you away.

Try looking at the betting markets to see just how lopsided your matches are each week.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

lopsided means some unbeatable teams and some basketcases. Yet no AFL team is undefeated and every team has won a game. In fact one of our worst teams made the GF last year. The AFL will always be a bit more predictable than RL because its higher scoring. This results in greater separation between better sides and poorer sides. This doesnt seem to drive viewers away. Our crowds are still up and viewers are at healthy numbers, so im not sure what youre basing your claims on. We have far greater crowds, and have had better rating games.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote: ↑Wed May 10, 2017 8:04 pm
Soo is part of the nrl season ... ?? Seriously ? It may be part of the rl year in scheduling but it has nothing to do with who plays in the grand finals or finals .
Yes it is
It has plenty to do with who makes the finals .

🀣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

pussycat wrote: ↑Wed May 10, 2017 8:15 pm

I never claimed that the NRL get more ratings than the AFL comp.....They don't. That's because the AFL play far more matches and more than1/4 of the NRL focus is on rep matches. In recent years we , more often than not, have the top rating match and we always have 4 of the top 5 rating matches.

Our ratings may be down due to very high streaming levels. But they will pick up - unlike yours. Didn't those table Wookie provided have your ratings down ever so slightly 2 weeks ago? After last week they will be worse and it will be all down hill from there,

I hear the same old but but blabber about your expansion teams every year. Long before they get there act together we will have a 2nd team in Qld and a team in Perth. You will loose half your ratings in Perth and the Suns and Lions will struggle worse than they ever did.

As far as Grand Finals go we have won 2 of the last 3 years. You had your best Grand Final in 16 years last year though if Bulldogs had lost the final last year you would have had your lowest rating GF ever. We got just under 490k for a club game on PTV last year. We have multiple Quality games that are played on anny night of the week - not just Fri Night. And last year we had more matches at club level that rated over 1m. Our rep matches simply blow you away.

Try looking at the betting markets to see just how lopsided your matches are each week.
Let's be honest . Rl had SOO and it is a behemoth. They do it well and it is a great spectacle. The home and away season is mess with ever decreasing crowds. Participation numbers are dropping in many areas with them now trying to address this. Rl people should thank god they got SOO right or else it would be heading the way of ru in this country which has become a fourth tier sport.
Veni, vidi, vici