Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:04 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:07 pm

Popularity has no effect :(/ yeah right :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen

For someone to click like you would need to have someone interest enough to read the article.
Sure which is why your clubs and league commercial revenues - you know from shit like tv rights and sponsorship - is behind the AFL. Club sponsorship WELL behind in general. Because social media means fuck all in terms of actual engagement.

Like how we caught Kony.
I doubt that , when you include there league clubs. You know, The people that trade of the back of there football clubs.

Is'nt the Panthers the biggest brand name in Australian sport?
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

If BHP started up a soccer club in the A league it wouldn't make the club instantly the most financial club in the country. It depends on how much revenue they provide the club.

This revenue allows the club to spend on their facilities, coaching, players etc. Some of these NRL clubs may have big leagues club backing but as far as money they can spend on their sporting club, they are minnows
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:18 am
If BHP started up a soccer club in the A league it wouldn't make the club instantly the most financial club in the country. It depends on how much revenue they provide the club.

This revenue allows the club to spend on their facilities, coaching, players etc. Some of these NRL clubs may have big leagues club backing but as far as money they can spend on their sporting club, they are minnows
Sure pal. Except that BHP have never owned any sporting franchise. And will never do so. It's idiocy to suggest they would.

In RL licenced clubs have a charter to promote, promulgate and finance RL. It was the reason they were built. It is there raison d'etre!!! And the finances of leagues clubs and football clubs are reported independently unlike the AFL.

If leagues clubs revenues and profits were reported together with their associated football club they would dwarf AFL revenue. Hence the Redcliffe Dolphins are the favourites to be Brisbane's 2nd team. They have a leagues club. A state of the art stadium. And $100M in assets.

That's how it works pal!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:35 am)
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:29 am
NlolRL wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:18 am

Sure pal. Except that BHP have never owned any sporting franchise. And will never do so. It's idiocy to suggest they would.

In RL licenced clubs have a charter to promote, promulgate and finance RL. It was the reason they were built. It is there raison d'etre!!! And the finances of leagues clubs and football clubs are reported independently unlike the AFL.

If leagues clubs revenues and profits were reported together with their associated football club they would dwarf AFL revenue. Hence the Redcliffe Dolphins are the favourites to be Brisbane's 2nd team. They have a leagues club. A state of the art stadium. And $100M in assets.

That's all very well and good but these leagues clubs are a separate entity with their own expenses. Unless they provide substantial revenue to the club to balance their budget their existence isnt of great importance. Eg: Collingwood's revenue is massive and they have full access to spend it on fantastic facilities, programs and staff. How many NRL clubs have that sort of revenue to spend on their sporting club only?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:19 pm
Terry wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:29 am
Whats to fucking stop them? If News corporation can own a sports club - or league for that matter - why cant any other corporation? Its idiocy to suggest they wouldnt.
Except for nearly half the fucking clubs in the league who DO produce combined reports. ffs you cannot be this stupid.
- Canberra
- Canterbury-Bankstown
- Cronulla-Sutherland
- Newcastle (Wests Grp)
- North Queensland
- Parramatta
- Penrith
- Sydney (Easts)

Half the clubs in the AFL dont even have pokies.
- West Coast
- Fremantle
- Adelaide
- GWS
- Gold Coast
- North Melbourne
- Sydney
- Collingwood (sold last year)
- Melbourne (sold last year)
If leagues clubs revenues and profits were reported together with their associated football club they would dwarf AFL revenue.
So get the reports of the Parent entity.
Hence the Redcliffe Dolphins are the favourites to be Brisbane's 2nd team. They have a leagues club. A state of the art stadium. And $100M in assets.

and 30m in revenue according to the nrl economist dude
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7bfca8a084
Thanks for that Wookie!!!! So.................get back to me when BHP buy a sporting franchise pal. I suspect it will be a looonnnng wait lololol!!!!

Thanks for clearing up which clubs have combined reports. I will check that and get back to you. In any case, even at your count, over half the clubs don't.

And this has nothing to do with pokies my friend. It has to do with revenue from whatever sources. Surely you understand this lolololol!!!!!
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:57 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:44 pm

I doubt that , when you include there league clubs. You know, The people that trade of the back of there football clubs.

Is'nt the Panthers the biggest brand name in Australian sport?
league clubs arent pulling in the sponsorship, its the football clubs that are. And its fucking easy to compare the sponsorship revenue from the annual reports for the clubs like Penrith Parramatta, Easts, North Queensland, Cronulla and Brisbane that are all inclusive from leagues club to NRL club.

Mucvh of that would be to do with covid. Prior East reported a $70m + profit. Whats this have to do with popularity anyrate? Social media has been well and truly :rock:

Does that table reflect on the loans and handouts?
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

What has a like on Facebook got to do with popularity when barely any of these people attend games or become members?
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:46 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:30 am
The_Wookie wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:57 pm

league clubs arent pulling in the sponsorship, its the football clubs that are. And its fucking easy to compare the sponsorship revenue from the annual reports for the clubs like Penrith Parramatta, Easts, North Queensland, Cronulla and Brisbane that are all inclusive from leagues club to NRL club.

Mucvh of that would be to do with covid. Prior East reported a $70m + profit. Whats this have to do with popularity anyrate? Social media has been well and truly :rock:

Does that table reflect on the loans and handouts?
hey jackass that table is literally sponsorship income only - its not a profit and loss table - the kind of shit you get more of when your marketing actually works.

The issue is haidar claims social media is of commercial value, when that value isnt demonstrated by the so called popular clubs.
You seem to be very upset over the stats that this bloke Haidar has put together Wookie my friend. Why so??? He's just reporting the truth. I mean it's not his fault RL clubs top the charts. Chill out my friend!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:55 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:18 pm

You seem to be very upset over the stats that this bloke Haidar has put together Wookie my friend. Why so??? He's just reporting the truth. I mean it's not his fault RL clubs top the charts. Chill out my friend!!!!!
Im not upset. Disagreeing with someones position doesnt make someone either triggered or upset, whatever you wish to think. hes reporting his truth, and I disagree with it. I disagree with his position that social media ranking has anything to do with the clubs commercial revenue. And it doesnt as demonstrated above.

Wookie 'ol mate, 'ol friend, 'ol pal...............this is a straw man argument if ever I've seen one!!!!! No where in the article did Haidar say that social media ranking had anything to do with commercial revenue. Nowhere !! You just introduced it into your retort because your fave sport dipped out. He at no stage mentioned revenue.

He just stated an incontrovertible truth!!!! Here is his final summation:

"Traditional measures such as memberships and crowd averages undoubtedly show the AFL as the nation's favourite. But technology has changed the way we consume sport, meaning streams and followers are perhaps more accurate metrics in determining the true influence, reach and brand power of Australia's football teams."

Yep, gotta agree with that!!!! There are many metrics to measure success. In this argument the AFL win some and the NRL win some. You introduced another metric that was irrelevant to the point being made.

But have a great week Wookster!!!! The start of the AFL season should put a smile on ya face. I predict tonight's first game will top 1.5M viewers & easily beat RL's restart last week. But of course that is one game in a long season. Buckle up and away we go lololololol!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:08 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Im not upset. Disagreeing with someones position doesnt make someone either triggered or upset, whatever you wish to think. hes reporting his truth, and I disagree with it. I disagree with his position that social media ranking has anything to do with the clubs commercial revenue. And it doesnt as demonstrated above.

Wookie 'ol mate, 'ol friend, 'ol pal...............this is a straw man argument if ever I've seen one!!!!! No where in the article did Haidar say that social media ranking had anything to do with commercial revenue. Nowhere !! You just introduced it into your retort because your fave sport dipped out. He at no stage mentioned revenue.

"Traditional measures such as memberships and crowd averages undoubtedly show the AFL as the nation's favourite. But technology has changed the way we consume sport, meaning streams and followers are perhaps more accurate metrics in determining the true influence, reach and brand power of Australia's football teams."

Yep, gotta agree with that!!!! There are many metrics to measure success. In this argument the AFL win some and the NRL win some. You introduced another metric that was irrelevant to the point being made.

But have a great week Wookster!!!! The start of the AFL season should put a smile on ya face. I predict tonight's first game will top 1.5M viewers & easily beat RL's restart last week. But of course that is one game in a long season. Buckle up and away we go lololololol!!!!!!!!!
social media, the most shallow, meaningless measure of popularity ever. Some young people have hundred and hundreds of facebook 'friends', but most they wouldnt see regularly, and some probably never. Are they meaningful friends? Would they drop everything to help if needed? Would they open their wallet if required? Hardly

You want a more relevant social media comparison, that involves more than a single 'like this page' click? Forums. They have members who contibute regularly, sometimes spending hours per day. One of Australia's largest forums is bigfooty. The NRL has league unlimited, a small collection of toothless brainless bigots.
These users liked the author NlolRL for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:48 am)
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:48 pm
He didnt say it in the article. He said it on twitter last year.

Oh Im sorry. He said that on the same subject at the start of last season.

And Its been well known for years that the NRL outdoes the AFL on Faceboook (but not on instagram).
I accept your apology Wookie. Everyone makes mistakes. Could you please show me exactly what he said on twitter so I know what is at issue. Thanks mate!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:29 pm

social media, the most shallow, meaningless measure of popularity ever. Some young people have hundred and hundreds of facebook 'friends', but most they wouldnt see regularly, and some probably never. Are they meaningful friends? Would they drop everything to help if needed? Would they open their wallet if required? Hardly

You want a more relevant social media comparison, that involves more than a single 'like this page' click? Forums. They have members who contibute regularly, sometimes spending hours per day. One of Australia's largest forums is bigfooty. The NRL has league unlimited, a small collection of toothless brainless bigots.
Thank you for that thoughtful contribution to the discussion. I will file it under "village desperately looking for its NolRL" lololololololol!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Why post ratings in here when we have threads for them?
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:58 am
Why post ratings in here when we have threads for them?
i posted it in the wrong thread, dont worry buddy i have deleted.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

WOW!

North American Rugby League Launches… The time is NOW!

31/03/2021 by admin

Our new North American professional rugby league competition launches today called North American Rugby League. ‘NARL’ will be a 14-team competition that will play its first round of games on the weekend of June 19 in Brooklyn and June 20 in Las Vegas.

Teams from across the United States and Canada will compete in three conferences, the East Coast Conference comprising of Atlanta Rhinos, Boston Thirteens, Brooklyn Kings, Cleveland Rugby League, New York Rugby League and Washington Cavalry. The West Coast Conference made up of Austin Armadillos, Las Vegas Blackjacks, Phoenix Venom, Portland Loggers, San Diego Swell and San Francisco Rush. Due to Covid-19 regulations, a Canada Cup will be played between Toronto Wolfpack and Ottawa Aces before both teams enter the East Coast Conference in 2022.

All games will be broadcast on NARL’s exclusive online streaming partner, SportsFlick. In 2021 due to Covid-19 regulations, all games will be played in a ‘single venue or festival style’ that will see all teams in their respective conference play in one stadium on one day with no fans to keep everyone safe.

Speaking ahead of today’s launch, NARL’s Head of Operations, Robert Curtis said “I’m delighted to introduce the North America Rugby League to rugby league fans around the world in what we firmly believe is the next big evolutionary step for Rugby League.”

“The NARL is the culmination of years of research and market testing and has been designed to bring you the hardest hitting, fastest and most exciting sport on the planet. Matches begin this summer. It’s time to get excited about a new class of contact sport.”

“We see NARL as an addition to the existing rugby league structures in the United States and certainly do not see ourselves as a ‘rival’ or ‘rebel’ league. Our sole aim is to grow the fantastic sport of rugby league in North America and create a legacy for generations to come.”