Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 31 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:34 pm I read that in my feed. Interesting article. I was surprised they felt 3 billion valuation of the nrl was agreeably a little high.
Buyers don't usually talk up the price!

Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Fred »

From reading it is was reported as a general consensus. Good time to buy I would think.

Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Fred wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:19 am From reading it is was reported as a general consensus. Good time to buy I would think.
The NRL has agreed to look into it, the rest is paper talk.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

true

Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 18 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

also an interesting take.

NRL AND AFL dont currently pay tax.

Would bringing in investors or part owners make this nil and void.

Where the Organisation would need to pay TAX

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

The afl is not for profit so no tax to be paid obviously. I think the funds distributed to the “partner” would then be taxed yes?

Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:37 pm The afl is not for profit so no tax to be paid obviously. I think the funds distributed to the “partner” would then be taxed yes?
im not entirely sure.

Wookie would have to answer this question.

(the question was if AFL and NRL brought in private ownership would it be TAXED

Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Well only if it made a profit and as a not for profit it wouldn’t I would guess. I’m unclear if distributions to investors would come from a set amount they had to pay them ... thus a cost like wages.... or if they were required to generate profit (thus no longer nfp) to distribute earnings.

Veni, vidi, vici
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Interesting news out of the deal with more details for investors in NRL>

$20million to each club = $320million
and
$300million to the NRL for 20% share..

interesting deal..
more details to come

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Foxtel records record viewing numbers for NRL

Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Wed 19 Aug 2020, 03:17 PM

Despite a more than unusual 2020 season, Foxtel is thrilled a record number of fans are watching the game on their services.

In Foxtel Group viewer data released on Wednesday, the company announced an 18 per cent rise in viewer numbers when compared to the opening 14 rounds of the 2019 season.

Fox League exclusive matches are up 19 per cent across all platforms.

The data covers Foxtel set-top boxes together with streaming platforms Foxtel Now, Foxtel Go and the fast-growing Kayo. It confirms 2020 as the top-rating NRL season for the group.

Fox Sports executive director Steve Crawley was ecstatic about the results.

"We've had some wonderful NRL seasons in recent times and just when a lot of people thought this year’s competition wouldn't go ahead, WHAM, the season has the best ratings ever – the best of the best," he said.

"Peter V'landys and Andrew Abdo have led the way at League Central, and we are proud to partner them at Fox League. This Thursday night it's the Eels and the Storm. How about that! This game just keeps giving."

The post-COVID season return saw round three generate the biggest audience for an NRL round in Foxtel history, while the round six clash between the Roosters and the Eels recorded the company's biggest ever NRL audience with a cumulative average of 507,000.

Fox Sports sales and brand partnerships director Martin Medcraf added: "The record ratings for Fox League reflect the increasing appetite among Australian audiences for sport."

Wow Just Wow!

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NRL, Foxtel Beats Nine, 2020 Best Year Ever & The Rights Came Cheap
By David Richards| 19 Aug 2020
facebook-share
twitter-share
google-share
linked-share

The Foxtel Group is on a roll when it comes to NRL games with the network reporting an 18% jump in viewing over 2019 and a 150% increase in live viewing, they have also beaten arch rival Nine.

Taking into account rounds 1-14 2020 Vs 2019 Foxtel numbers are up, as the NRL moves into the pointy end of the season.

Last Sunday in the Wests Tigers v Bulldogs (Sunday 4PM) Foxtel Platforms + Kayo combined delivered a bigger audience than the Nine Network in FTA Metro homes (302K v 286K). This isn’t the first time this has happened this season according to data analysts at Foxtel.

In data released for the first time, it was revealed that Foxtel set-top boxes together with streaming platforms Foxtel Now, Foxtel Go and the fast-growing Kayo that 2020 is the best year ever for NRL ratings for the Foxtel Group who were able to negotiate a discount on broadcasting rights.

The record-breaking season was driven by an increase in the average live audience for Foxtel Now, Foxtel GO and Kayo audiences, which were up over 150%.

Foxtel management said that ‘with many fans unable to attend the footy in person because of COVID-19 restrictions, viewers have sought out Fox League as the go-to destination for the best NRL action with Fox League exclusive matches up 19% across the Foxtel Group’s platforms.

The post-COVID season return saw Round 3 generate the biggest audience for an NRL round in Foxtel history, while the Round 6 clash between the Roosters and the Eels recorded the largest NRL audience of all-time with a cumulative average of 507,000.

Fox Sports Executive Director Steve Crawley said: “We’ve had some wonderful NRL seasons in recent times and just when a lot of people thought this year’s competition wouldn’t go ahead, WHAM, the season has the best ratings ever – the best of the best. “Peter V’landys and Andrew Abdo have led the way at League Central, and we are proud to partner them at Fox League. This Thursday night it’s the Eels and the Storm. How about that! This game just keeps giving.”

Fox Sports Sales and Brand Partnerships Director, Martin Medcraf added: “The record ratings for Fox League reflect the increasing appetite among Australian audiences for sport. Since the return of the NRL in May, we’ve seen no let-up in fans’ excitement to have sports back on their screens. With the codes attracting new followers, and footy proving itself as an important outlet in difficult times, the rise of multi-platform viewing is a watershed moment for sports broadcasting in Australia.”

Wow just Wow!

leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Big Numbers

most Exclusive FOX games look to be getting over a 100k Viewers everytime on Kayo

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 121 times

Post by NlolRL »

sportsindustry
@footyindustryAU
·
27m
based on last two days releases - and a grand total of 8 matches - AFL ratings on Kayo/Fox Now/Fox Go are about 52% of its overall Fox ratings. Its 38% for the NRL. Not really enough data to be conclusive though. Data: https://theage.com.au/sport/afl/footy-f ... 55nxu.html and https://adnews.com.au/news/foxtel-wins- ... of-the-nrl

So fox ratings between AFL and NRL are probably closer than the ratings only suggest. AFL fans seem to have adopted Kayo over fox at a greater proportion

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:15 pm sportsindustry
@footyindustryAU
·
27m
based on last two days releases - and a grand total of 8 matches - AFL ratings on Kayo/Fox Now/Fox Go are about 52% of its overall Fox ratings. Its 38% for the NRL. Not really enough data to be conclusive though. Data: https://theage.com.au/sport/afl/footy-f ... 55nxu.html and https://adnews.com.au/news/foxtel-wins- ... of-the-nrl

So fox ratings between AFL and NRL are probably closer than the ratings only suggest. AFL fans seem to have adopted Kayo over fox at a greater proportion
You need to re read the article , your STV, despite the lockdowns and prime time viewing is up just 10 % .

Sounded like Fox were using cumulative numbers, would this be right :hmm:

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 83 times

Post by The_Wookie »

FOXTEL HAS RELEASED NEW VIEWER DATA HIGHLIGHTING THE SUCCESS OF THE AFL’S RECENT FESTIVAL OF FOOTY AND MID-YEAR NRL SEASON.

Fox Footy live audiences for AFL Rounds 9 to 12 were up 14% compared with the previous eight rounds. The festival of footy, which featured 33 matches over 20-days, was up 59% compared to the same rounds in 2019.

Released for the first time, the data covers traditional Foxtel set-top box customers together with streaming platforms Foxtel Now, Foxtel GO and the fast-growing Kayo.

It highlights massive fan engagement with the 2020 AFL season so far with live audiences up +34% compared to the first 12 rounds of the 2019 season. Average audiences for Foxtel are up 10%, and Foxtel Now, Foxtel GO and Kayo audiences are up over 200%. Foxtel also notes audiences for live FOX Footy-produced matches are up 44% so far this season

Shorter match durations and the AFL’s scheduling with fewer match overlaps and more standalone prime time matches have help boost ratings for Fox Footy.

Top Matches for the Round 9-12 AFL Footy Frenzy

Seven said its coverage across rounds 9-12 reached 4.7 million people nationally and 3.69 million in metro markets.

The network reported average national audiences of 702,000, up 18 per cent on the same time last year, and an average metro audience of 538,000, up 24.2 per cent on the same time last year.

In Melbourne, audiences had leapt a staggering 37.9 per cent, while in Brisbane – where the Victorian clubs are housed in hubs and the majority of matches are played – there had been a significant leap of 24.6 per cent in a rugby-league market the AFL is keen to win.

Seven had strong ratings for Thursday night matches but there was a no year-on-year comparison.

However, a detailed breakdown of the other major timeslots has shown a 23 per cent lift nationally and 27.7 lift in metro regions on a Friday night, a 35.4 per cent lift nationally and 35 per cent metro increase on Saturday nights, while Sunday afternoon matches are up 17.8 nationally and 23.8 in metro regions.

NRL fans have also been tuning in during COVID, with audiences on Fox League, up 18% compared to the corresponding Rounds 1 to 14 of the 2019 season.

2020 is now the number one rating NRL season ever for the Foxtel Group with audiences, up over 150% across its set-top box and internet subscription businesses.

The post-COVID season return saw Round 3 generate the biggest audience for an NRL round in Foxtel history, while the Round 6 clash between the Roosters and the Eels recorded the largest NRL audience of all-time with a cumulative average of 507,000.

Top NRL Matches – Rounds 11-14

With many fans unable to attend the footy in person because of COVID-19 restrictions, viewers have sought out Fox Footy and Fox League to keep up with the footy action.

Foxtel recently reported its sports streaming platform Kayo now has 590,000 active subscribers (542,000 paying). The result was a significant increase on the February figure of 370,000 paying subscribers and came after a global sports shut down due to COVID.

Foxtel Sports Executive Director Steve Crawley said:

“What a ripper result for the game. Our team at Fox Footy have been delighted to bring a unique season to more viewers than ever before, and the AFL could not have been a better partner during these times.

“We are incredibly excited about the next instalment of the Footy Frenzy which begins with a Thursday-night doubleheader on 27 August featuring the Hawks and Bombers at Adelaide Oval, followed by the Tigers and Eagles in a blockbuster at Metricon Stadium.”

“We’ve had some wonderful NRL seasons in recent times and just when a lot of people thought this year’s competition wouldn’t go ahead, WHAM, the season has the best ratings ever – the best of the best.”

“Peter V’landys and Andrew Abdo have led the way at League Central, and we are proud to partner them at Fox League.”

pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life