Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:19 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:22 pm
pussycat wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:59 pm
The most popular football clubs on social media

So 1-3 (in no particular order) Blues, Maroons, Kangaroos

4.Brisbane Broncos 783, 939
5 Melbourne Storm 618,157
6 Vodafone Warriors 582,978
7 South Sydney Rabbitohs 526,522
8. Essendon 488,775
9. Collingwood 482,760
10. Adelaide Crows 443,859
what do these numbers represent? What are they showing?

If you followed the link I provided you would see . This is the total number for the chatter on the various
Social Media outlets.
Idiot! It isn't "chatter for the various social media outlets" at all! It's likes on Facebook and followers on twitter. :lol: https://digitalsportslabs.com.au/social ... ll-sports/

This will give you an idea of how pointless this data is. 5 of the top 8 on the list are BBL clubs. If you take this list seriously you believe the BBL is more popular than the AFL and NRL put together :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

What was listed???????????????????????? A number of chat sites - the same ones Nielson posts on twitter periodically. and the same as the ones I posted a few months back from a different site that you once again tried to dismiss.

The Big Bash league is very popular on these social media site, I would imagine, because it doesn't have the same opposition that the other codes have. I certainly don't think there making it up [-( . just to make AFL look bad! :(/ :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 pm
What was listed???????????????????????? A number of chat sites - the same ones Nielson posts on twitter periodically. and the same as the ones I posted a few months back from a different site that you once again tried to dismiss.

The Big Bash league is very popular on these social media site, I would imagine, because it doesn't have the same opposition that the other codes have. I certainly don't think there making it up [-( . just to make AFL look bad! :(/ :(/ :(/
here's the difference, your source is based on likes on facebook and followers on twitter. These are single interactions, that's it. The storms listing is a classic example. 600k went "yep, I like the storm, I'm going to like this page". That's it, no more interactions, no more discussion or chatter, or anything.

Nielson's data is based on activity such as posting, site visiting, discussion etc. It is up to date information about what people are accessing and discussing. There's a reason it totally contradicts your list, because the data on your list is meaningless.

Who cares if 600k liked the storm on Facebook, it's meaningless. It's like saying you like Ferraris and comparing this to someone who owns one. To suggest a facebook like makes the storm more popular than every AFL club is absurd. Is that what you honestly believe?

As for BBL, you're suggesting that the Brisbane Heat is the most popular sporting club in Australia. More popular than either SOO side, any of the AFL mega-clubs like the WC eagles, or even the Australian cricket team. Dear oh dear.
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:41 am
pussycat wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 pm

here's the difference, your source is based on likes on facebook and followers on twitter. These are single interactions, that's it. The storms listing is a classic example. 600k went "yep, I like the storm, I'm going to like this page". That's it, no more interactions, no more discussion or chatter, or anything.

Nielson's data is based on activity such as posting, site visiting, discussion etc. It is up to date information about what people are accessing and discussing. There's a reason it totally contradicts your list, because the data on your list is meaningless.

Who cares if 600k liked the storm on Facebook, it's meaningless. It's like saying you like Ferraris and comparing this to someone who owns one. To suggest a facebook like makes the storm more popular than every AFL club is absurd. Is that what you honestly believe?

As for BBL, you're suggesting that the Brisbane Heat is the most popular sporting club in Australia. More popular than either SOO side, any of the AFL mega-clubs like the WC eagles, or even the Australian cricket team. Dear oh dear.
Puss you're Grasping at straws, nothing more.....
What's BBL anyway? A shitter grade of Rugby.....?
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

Oh, it's cricket. Had to look it up......
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:50 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:46 pm
Facebook engagements...
Metric AFL NRL Winner
Video Views 1,754,791 908,000 AFL
Total Engagements 201,258 168,686 AFL
Total Post Reactions 190,833 146,600 AFL
Total Post Comments 10,498 4,009 AFL
Total Post Shares 8,832 14,464 NRL

would not this been affected with having no Sydney team involved...
You could argue it both ways. Sydney is heartland so the majority would be watching anyway. Having the storm in the GF engaged a city of 4.5mil with a single team
Fair Enough
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:48 pm
March heralded the start of the AFL and NRL 2017 seasons. This, along with other sports events – both local and abroad – drove increases in Australians going online for sports-related content, according to data released by Nielsen.

Nielsen Digital Ratings (Monthly) data revealed 11.2 million Australians visited online content related to the sports category via any device during the month of March 2017, up 8% compared to February 2017

The top five sites and apps in the sports category ranked by unique audience all reported strong, double digit growth in March 2017 compared with the prior month. Telstra Media AFL reported 3.4 million (+68%), ESPN Digital Network 3.3 million (+63%), Telstra Media NRL 2.2 million (+69%), Fox Sports 1.9 million (+36%) and Cricket Australia 1.7 million (+14%) – see chart below.
http://www.nielsen.com/au/en/insights/n ... sport.html

The data above describes unique audience numbers for Australians accessing sports-related content in March 2017. As you can see the AFL are over 50% more than the NRL :\:

Other than apps being streaming devices. and this information being just for 1 month, you seem to have omitted this:

Sport was the most active genre on Nielsen Social Content Ratings for March 2017. One in every two social media interactions was about live Sport. Total Facebook and Twitter interactions for each code for the month of March were:
•NRL - 2 million (FoxLeague/Nine)
•AFL - 1.2 million (FoxFooty/Seven)
•Formula One – 418 thousand (Ten/FoxSports506)

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:56 am
March heralded the start of the AFL and NRL 2017 seasons. This, along with other sports events – both local and abroad – drove increases in Australians going online for sports-related content, according to data released by Nielsen.

Nielsen Digital Ratings (Monthly) data revealed 11.2 million Australians visited online content related to the sports category via any device during the month of March 2017, up 8% compared to February 2017

The top five sites and apps in the sports category ranked by unique audience all reported strong, double digit growth in March 2017 compared with the prior month. Telstra Media AFL reported 3.4 million (+68%), ESPN Digital Network 3.3 million (+63%), Telstra Media NRL 2.2 million (+69%), Fox Sports 1.9 million (+36%) and Cricket Australia 1.7 million (+14%) – see chart below.

The data above describes unique audience numbers for Australians accessing sports-related content in March 2017. As you can see the AFL are over 50% more than the NRL :\:

Other than apps being streaming devices. and this information being just for 1 month, you seem to have omitted this:

Sport was the most active genre on Nielsen Social Content Ratings for March 2017. One in every two social media interactions was about live Sport. Total Facebook and Twitter interactions for each code for the month of March were:
Use your brain FFS. The data is for March, with the AFL not kicking off their season until the final weekend. It's staggering the number of interactions for the AFL achieved 60% of the NRL's figure with only 1 round compared to the NRL's 4

Thanks puss :lol:
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

lol sorry Pussycat but he hammered ya in that one.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:47 pm
pussycat wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:56 am

Use your brain FFS. The data is for March, with the AFL not kicking off their season until the final weekend. It's staggering the number of interactions for the AFL achieved 60% of the NRL's figure with only 1 round compared to the NRL's 4

Thanks puss :lol:
You wert the one that quoted it !!!!! well part of it the part that suited you.
The data above describes unique audience numbers for Australians accessing sports-related content in March 2017
As far as apps and other digital material they don't operate under the same conditions. There released at differentl times, they work differently and have different costs . See Wookie online site. The one thing made clear on the Telstra site is that Cronulla/N Qld game was most watched game for the 2016 H & A Season & and more growth came from the NRL.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:24 pm
You wert the one that quoted it !!!!! well part of it the part that suited you.
you're right, I should have posted it, because it makes the AFL's lead in social media even more obvious :lol:
As far as apps and other digital material they don't operate under the same conditions. There released at differentl times, they work differently and have different costs . See Wookie online site. The one thing made clear on the Telstra site is that Cronulla/N Qld game was most watched game for the 2016 H & A Season & and more growth came from the NRL.
oh stop your but but but excuses which are based on basically nothing. Nielsen compared unique audience for March 2017 and showed the AFL had an enormous lead over the NRL. Then in July the lead was even larger, with the NRL coming in 5th place.

This isnt even close puss :cheers:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

International Calendar; Rugby League World Cup in 2021 & 2025
• Kangaroos Tour to UK in 2020
• Kiwi Tour to UK in 2018 & 2022
• Lions tour to southern hemisphere in 2019 & 2024
• 9s World Cup in 2019 & 2023
• 2019 Championships for Pacific nations in mid & end of season

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

More International Calendar; • 2018 European Championship (and then at two-year intervals)
• 2018 Australia v New Zealand Test (annually to 2022)
• 2020 New Zealand fixture(s) in the Southern Hemisphere

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

& none of that can compare to the AFL CATERING CUP in China .
Food for all
Corporate hospitality for all
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

great superb news.
i am so glad that rugby league has done a 5 year cycle plan for the international game>>

LIONS TOURS
Kangaroos tour
Pacific Nations Cup

is def the highlight for me.