Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by Terry »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:38 pm
rugby league has always had issues..

this is just another one to add to the pile.
True. If only we were like AFL. The pristine, lily white, virtuous sport without a problem. I very often lay awake at night wishing we were more like the great god AFL.

Well done Gilty. Well done our great AFL friends. Whatta game!!!!
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:52 pm

True. If only we were like AFL. The pristine, lily white, virtuous sport without a problem. I very often lay awake at night wishing we were more like the great god AFL.

:lol: :lol:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

I don't see you running in here to take pot shots at RL you hypocrite
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:21 pm

True my friend. I have repented and now am on your side. Feel free to thrash me with a cat 'o nine tails............I deserve it. I am deeply sorry for everything I've said that upset you and made you feel in any way aggrieved.

AFL is truly king!!!!!! RL is rubbish!!!!! It feels so good to finally be on the right side of history!!!! Hallelujah!!!!! Praise the Gilty!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:30 pm

True my friend. I have repented and now am on your side. Feel free to thrash me with a cat 'o nine tails............I deserve it. I am deeply sorry for everything I've said that upset you and made you feel in any way aggrieved.

AFL is truly king!!!!!! RL is rubbish!!!!! It feels so good to finally be on the right side of history!!!! Hallelujah!!!!! Praise the Gilty!!!!!!
more valuable content from the forum dunce
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:35 pm
Terry wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:30 pm

more valuable content from the forum dunce

Thanks my friend. Now that I am converted could you please tell me more stories with valid reasons, contrary views and plenty of excuse why AFL Fox ratings are so low but really are so good.

I love those stories!!!!!!
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

NARL practice game

There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

BIG NEWS>

THE NRL has given the GRAND FINAL to QLD >>> wait for it >>>> FOR FREE>

FREE OF CHARGE>>

NRL responded stating, the WORK QLD did in saving the NRL Season. it rewarded the GF as a Gift
for saving the season...

Which i think it deserves it rightly so

Now didn't QLD GOV Pay for the AFL GF after it saved the AFL SEASON>
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:46 pm
BIG NEWS>

FREE OF CHARGE>>

NRL responded stating, the WORK QLD did in saving the NRL Season. it rewarded the GF as a Gift
for saving the season...

the NRL already slugged the qld govt for the SOO
8 million dollars , plus theres no competitor for the NRL GF with the exception of maybe perth. so why would they pay for it
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

truthbomber wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:09 pm
BIG NEWS>

FREE OF CHARGE>>

for saving the season...

8 million dollars , plus theres no competitor for the NRL GF with the exception of maybe perth. so why would they pay for it
that $8mill was less than what Melbourne had paid for it at the MCG.. so NRL actually lost out there..

the AFL had QLD pay for it. when they saved season without a doubt.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Fred »

Smart business by the AFL then I would say. No room for sentiment in business.
Veni, vidi, vici
truthbomber
Banned
Team: Cobar Roosters
Been liked: 57 times

Post by truthbomber »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:28 am
truthbomber wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:09 pm
BIG NEWS>

FREE OF CHARGE>>

for saving the season...

that $8mill was less than what Melbourne had paid for it at the MCG.. so NRL actually lost out there..

the AFL had QLD pay for it. when they saved season without a doubt.
well of course they lost out on it not being at the MCG both in the amount paid & gate revenue
but the alternative was it being played to an empty stadium & no one paying for it

the 15 million they ended up getting for game 1 was a nice save under the circumstances & another 5 million for game 3 which was hastily moved as well
These users liked the author truthbomber for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:27 pm)
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

The Observer
Rugby League

‘It’s going to be tough’: rugby league’s London future looks uncertain
With no full-time clubs in the city from 2022, the ramifications could be grave for a sport already struggling to make an impact.
Aaron Bower
Sun 19 Sep 2021 17.00 AEST

Rugby league is about to enter a new era, with a reduced broadcast deal with Sky Sports likely to result in restructuring and a reduction in the number of professional clubs. Some will fold and the sport will look different: and nowhere is that change is being more keenly felt than in London.

Rugby league’s relationship with the capital since the formation of Fulham in 1980 has been a tempestuous one. For every success, there has been a setback. But the news that London Broncos would revert to a part-time model in 2022 is a defining moment for the game’s future in London. With no full-time presence, the ramifications could be grave for a sport already struggling to make an impact in the city.

“I was pretty devastated when I heard the news,” says Danny Ward, the former Broncos coach who left midway through this season. Ward helped London achieve promotion in 2018 against the odds, before narrowly failing to keep them in the top flight the following season. Since then, there has been an undoubted regression for the Broncos, typified by their decision to concede defeat and move away from a more expensive full-time model.

Attracting players to compete for promotion to Super League, Ward feels, will instantly become more difficult. “Part-time clubs in the north can put strong squads together and given how much more expensive it is to live down here in London, there’s not a chance those players would come to the Broncos for the same money. I’ve always felt a part-time model could never work here because you can’t offer as much. It’s going to be tough.”

Promotion in 2022 will be an afterthought for the Broncos; their priority will be ensuring they are in a position to be still in the professional game the following year. The expectation is that only 20 of the existing 37 clubs will be in a position to claim central funding from the Rugby Football League in 2023, with Super League and the Championship likely to revert to two divisions of 10 teams. That means next year London must make the top eight in the Championship to stand any chance.

It is that outlook which has prompted a shift in mentality across the city. London’s other professional club, the Skolars, have struggled this year in League 1, the sport’s third tier which could find its entire existence under threat in a financially smaller sport.

Rugby league can ill afford to lose any presence anywhere in the country, but a professional game without a healthy London club would be the very definition of regression for a sport that faces a nervous future.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

On a more positive note
Super League reveals record audiences
By Callum WalkerSeptember 23, 2021.

The Betfred Super League Play-Offs kick-off tonight (23 September) on the back of record regular season TV audiences.
The competition continues to grow in popularity with Sky Sports viewers with both aggregate and average audiences rising and the average audience for 2021 being the highest in the last six years sitting at over 150,000.

The season got off to a flying start with Catalans Dragons golden point victory over Hull KR in Round 1, reaching over half a million viewers. The French side went on to claim the League Leaders’ Shield for the first time in their history becoming the first non-UK based club to claim this honour. This unique story has meant that Catalans viewing figures over this season are 21% up previous years.
More games than ever before broke the 200,000-viewer mark. These games involved 10 different clubs showing that the game’s popularity with viewers was across the board.

The four Play-Off games and Betfred Super League Grand Final will all be shown exclusively live on Sky Sports with BBC Sport showing highlights.
Super League chief commercial officer, Rhodri Jones said: “Our fans have continued to enjoy Sky Sports’ excellent coverage once again in 2021.

“Our numbers show the popularity of the competition, and it sets everything up nicely for the final three weeks of the season. Our players have once again delivered for Betfred Super League with many dramatic moments during the regular season.
“As we enter the Play-Offs, I’m sure there’ll be plenty more twists and turns to come for the viewer to enjoy, before the biggest night of the year at Old Trafford for the Betfred Super League Grand Final.“

Pity the new tv rights deal considerably reduced.
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

On a less positive note

From total rugby league in answer to the question are the still 2 rugby league organisations in North America.

The NARL put their hopes in a streaming outfit which was apparently focused on content for overseas viewers and had no profile to speak of in North America, a sure sign that the NARL was set up by outsiders with little or no knowledge of the North American market. That streaming outfit has collapsed and shut down, so the answer will almost certainly be that the NARL will not go ahead and the USARL will carry on as a grassroots no-profile-to-speak-of US national governing body.

That probably explains why Ottawa didn't bother playing in the proposed Canada Cup series and Toronto ended up playing one match against DC instead.