Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Rugby League continues to Lead The Way!

Post by pussycat »

NRL WA growth is 17% up from last year.

Wow , imagine how much it will be up in a few years, when the NRL puts a team there :thumbleft:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
PerfectToATee
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 1 time

Post by PerfectToATee »

Rugby League continues to Lead The Way, in how to lose major sponsors. The Bulldogs major sponsor of 10 years, Jaycar have finally come to the realisation they’re flogging a dead horse, terminating their sponsorship with the club. What a debacle their mad Monday celebrations have been!
Rumour has it the club’s board has approached the local Lebanese grocer in Punchbowl looking for gold coin donations to keep the club afloat :drunk:
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:25 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:13 pm
PerfectToATee wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:42 am
Front page of today’s league biased Daily Telecrap shows how the NRL continues to lead the way in being a national embarrassment :drunk:
Lol,
One code has had a shocking year .
& it's not RL..
One metric - ratings - is not everything, or even worth a "shocking".

Crowds and memberships are up. Revenue will be up.
Just saw that Wookster. How ya been pal?.....and welcome back. There's not many fumbling diehards left here. I'm on holidays at the moment but will get back into it upon my return in a few weeks. Hope you do the same. It's always good having a cognitive tussle with ya!!! Buona note e buona fortuna pal!!!!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:48 pm
Im fine. Ive never left. I just have very little to say here any more.
:lol: be honest Wookie.

You def got some help and a few stern words remember? I raised ur awareness that you had serious anger management issues. Then when you got more angry I told you to take 80 days off. You acknowledged my order and immediately took a rest.

Now, tell me, has ur health improved as a result? Are you happier these days?

*grabs wookies cheek and tugs it a little

I’m guessing it’s a yes? Right? :) I’m right aren’t I? :D:

I’m glad you did it wook, we were all worried about ya bud :wink:

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Television ratings for the NRL season have eclipsed the AFL’s audiences for the first time since 2010, reflecting the closeness of games in the rugby league competition compared to AFL, where the frequency of one-sided matches continued with last weekend’s three semi-final blow-outs.

The NRL has also bucked the overall trend in the Australian TV market, where cumulative ratings have experienced a decline of 7.2 per cent in total over the last year. The NRL’s overall TV ratings are flat at 0.3 per cent to the end of round 25, compared to the end of the 2017 regular season.

The Broncos' season may be over but they remain the highest-watched team nationally across both the NRL and AFL.
The Broncos' season may be over but they remain the highest-watched team nationally across both the NRL and AFL.

Photo: AAP
The AFL’s TV ratings have fallen considerably, with a 12.8 per cent decline to the end of their regular season.

Cumulative season audience figures for the two codes highlight the NRL’s dominance. The NRL’s cumulative audience this season was 94.3 million, compared to the AFL’s live audience of 89.2m. This excludes State of Origin figures. If the data for those three games are added, rugby league’s audience for the 2018 season was more than 105m.

Although the AFL season has two fewer rounds, it has one additional game per round in its 18-team competition, meaning 12 more games for the television networks to cover.

The average free-to-air audience for the NRL was 600,181 in 2018, compared to 307,793 for the AFL (down 13 per cent on 2017), acknowledging that the AFL has cross-over timeslots and doesn’t go free to air with the same games nationally.

The average subscription TV audience (Foxtel) for the NRL was 240,879 in 2018 (up 3 per cent on 2017), compared to 184,821 for the AFL (down 7 per cent on 2017).

Queensland continues to be a rugby league state. The highest watched team nationally across both the NRL and AFL is the Broncos, with a live audience of more than 18m over the season. The second-highest watched team nationally is the Cowboys – with nearly 15m viewers over the season, despite almost winning the wooden spoon.

By comparison, the Swans have the AFL’s highest TV audience, with 14.3m viewers over the season. This is equivalent to the Roosters in the NRL, the code’s third highest-ranking team, also with 14.3m cumulative viewers.

The Warriors' resurgence resulted in a spike in their TV ratings in New Zealand.
The Warriors' resurgence resulted in a spike in their TV ratings in New Zealand.

Photo: AAP
While New Zealand is a rugby union nation, the Warriors' performance this year has helped lift viewing numbers. Total viewership of NRL on Sky in New Zealand is up by 21 per cent, year on year.

The NRL’s growing share of total TV in Sydney and Brisbane points to the code continuing to be attractive to the bidding networks. Simulcast games (Nine and Fox) had a 25.8 per cent share of audience in 2018, up 0.3 percentage points over the year. Subscription games (Fox) had a 9.3 per cent share of audience in 2018, up 0.5 percentage points over the year.

While the NRL’s digital department has been criticised by clubs for resources allocated to it and questions asked regarding its viability as an alternative to Fox, its audience is experiencing strong growth. Average streams of games per round increased by 108 per cent between 2017 and 2018.

Success on the field, together with the NRL taking control of scheduling, has given some NSW clubs a boost in TV audience. The Dragons are up by 26 per cent year on year, Knights have increased by 22 per cent and Roosters are up by 20 per cent.

The final round was a blockbuster, with an audience of nearly 4.5m, offering promise for the semi-finals ahead. Fox Sports recorded two of their top 10 sports audiences of the year in round 25.

RELATED ARTICLE
NRL on course for TV ratings victory over AFL
NRL on course for TV ratings victory over AFL
Add to shortlist
Nearly one million people watched the Storm take on the Panthers on the Friday night. Johnathan Thurston’s final match drew 400,000, Fox Sports’ highest audience for the year across the four major football codes and the third highest-rating regular-season NRL game since 2011.

While the AFL can boast superior spectator numbers, the NRL recorded its highest crowds over the regular season since 2014.

The NRL’s average crowd of 15,579 for the season was a 3.8 per cent increase on last year, acknowledging the positive impact of double-headers.

The NRL’s top three strongest improvements in crowds came from:

Warriors, average crowd of 18,999, a 62 per cent increase on last year
Rabbitohs, average crowd of 17,574, a 61 per cent increase on last year
Wests Tigers, average crowd of 17,291, a 28 per cent increase on last year
The NRL’s strongest movers, not impacted by double-headers, are:

Dragons, average crowd of 16,606, a 25 per cent increase on last year
Knights, average crowd of 18,974,a 21 per cent increase on last year
Panthers, average crowd of 14,196, a 10 per cent increase on last year.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:25 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:13 pm
PerfectToATee wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:42 am
Front page of today’s league biased Daily Telecrap shows how the NRL continues to lead the way in being a national embarrassment :drunk:
Lol,
One code has had a shocking year .
& it's not RL..
One metric - ratings - is not everything, or even worth a "shocking".

Crowds and memberships are up. Revenue will be up.
Profit and viewers are not just one metric. They are the main metrics though... the ones that make Rugby League the most popular sport in this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
FumbleBALL
Team: Melbourne Storm
Been liked: 0

Post by FumbleBALL »

The average free-to-air audience for the NRL was 600,181 in 2018, compared to 307,793 for the AFL (down 13 per cent on 2017), acknowledging that the AFL has cross-over timeslots and doesn’t go free to air with the same games nationally.

The average subscription TV audience (Foxtel) for the NRL was 240,879 in 2018 (up 3 per cent on 2017), compared to 184,821 for the AFL (down 7 per cent on 2017).
:(/ :(/

These numbers are embarrassing for fumbleball. The NRL is almost twice as popular on free to air and way more popular on foxtel. They dont even get close! :\:

This shows we are getting shafted by channel 9 and foxtel. We should get twice the TV money, not less! :****:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:12 pm
profit is a metric. Its also a flexible metric that is can be taken in an operating profit or profit after distributions. If you're making a bigger profit, chances are you are giving less away.
Not Chances are , possibly but not chances are.

Over the previous 5 year contracts Rugby League averaged a profit of 10m a year, AFL $4m a year. :rock: And we're off to a good start again this year :thumbleft:

Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

FumbleBALL wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:51 pm

These numbers are embarrassing for fumbleball. The NRL is almost twice as popular on free to air and way more popular on foxtel. They dont even get close! :\:

This shows we are getting shafted by channel 9 and foxtel. We should get twice the TV money, not less! :****:
Put another team in Melbourne, one in Adelaide and one in Perth. I wonder if your avg would drop at all.

*Adelaide and Perth are the cities west of here
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Cats_Steve wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:36 pm

Put another team in Melbourne, one in Adelaide and one in Perth. I wonder if your avg would drop at all.

Our averages might drop but not our viewers :thumbleft:

Cats_Steve
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Geelong
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Cats_Steve »

pussycat wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Our averages might drop but not our viewers :thumbleft:
Did you not just base being twice as popular on your averages?
Never realised quite how much hate there was for AFL from our Northern friends.
FumbleBALL

Post by FumbleBALL »

they mite drop but they wouldnt half. Wed be still miles ahead of fumbleball in averages
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

so the figures are there all too see...

NRL won the figures of H&A Season with out including there almighty REP games and still Won...

this is quite a huge achievement.. and you ponder and think...

as why did AFL get a little bit more for TV MEDIA DEAL.... per year...
FumbleBALL

Post by FumbleBALL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:29 am
so the figures are there all too see...

NRL won the figures of H&A Season with out including there almighty REP games and still Won...

this is quite a huge achievement.. and you ponder and think...

as why did AFL get a little bit more for TV MEDIA DEAL.... per year...
it's a fukin disgrace is what it is. How can we average over double the ratings per game but get less money? Our leaders are incompetent accepting anything less than 50% more

The numbers prove RL is around twice as popular in Australia! The number one sport by a massive margin. Just wait until we put teams in sadelaide and perth. Those desert dwellars will lap up a decent sport and the fumble league will die in the arse worse than this years ratings :(/ . Theyv been starved by fumbles and bumbles for decades
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

What a year 2018 has been.

* Crowds are up 3.8 percent,
* memberships up 5 percent,
* commercial revenue is up 18 percent,
* Ratings are up,
* Participation numbers are up,
* Female participation is up,
* TV viewer numbers continue leave the AFL for dead,
* A huge profit has been forcast,
* Billions spent on new stadiums/improvements,
And once again the NRL has the most watched game(s) on TV.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just Wow