Storm Membership Up Up Up

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Storm Membership Up Up Up

Post by pussycat »

2015 - 12k
2016 - 14k
March 2017 - 17k
:thumbleft:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Storm Membership Up Up Up

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Good work
I'm sure the village idiot will be in here to give his unique view on this .
TLPG 🀣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🀣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

pussycat wrote: ↑Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:12 pm
2015 - 12k
2016 - 14k
March 2017 - 17k
Good result - but Sydney Clubs still cant seem to convince their supporters of the virtues of memberships in the same way. Wonder why (and before you say its a cultural thing) there has been a good 5 - 8 yrs of NRL clubs asking supporters to be members at what point do you say it has to be another reason.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Still think it is a cultural thing as Victorians are known to by m memberships and you don't turn around culture in 6 or 7 years.

This is good for the storm but rl really needs to get grass roots going if it wants to grow the game as it is fairly non existent at this level. Things such as investing in grounds, posts etc. talking to developers and soccer grounds to throw up rl posts. And much more in the way of school visits although I believe these are occurring now which is good.

How do others think the nrl should try and grow the game in Victoria ? It's a hard job as well behind the 8 ball but that is where growth will come. More soo in Melbourne is a no brsiner I think as it gets the town talking about it but then there is nothing ... so how do they sustain this
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: ↑Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:03 pm
Still think it is a cultural thing as Victorians are known to by m memberships and you don't turn around culture in 6 or 7 years.

This is good for the storm but rl really needs to get grass roots going if it wants to grow the game as it is fairly non existent at this level. Things such as investing in grounds, posts etc. talking to developers and soccer grounds to throw up rl posts. And much more in the way of school visits although I believe these are occurring now which is good.

How do others think the nrl should try and grow the game in Victoria ? It's a hard job as well behind the 8 ball but that is where growth will come. More soo in Melbourne is a no brsiner I think as it gets the town talking about it but then there is nothing ... so how do they sustain this
You don't seem to understand Fred. Victoria is a closed sporting state. If you try to promote anything other than fumbleball the doors are closed in your face. RL development officers particularly are rarely allowed into Melbourne schools. Fumblehouse comes down hard on any school or organisation that consorts with the enemy.

I know people that have worked in RL development and with the Storm in Melbourne and they say the prejudice and bias is very very hard to get past. It's going to be a long slow burn down there.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: ↑Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:21 pm

You don't seem to understand Fred. Victoria is a closed sporting state. If you try to promote anything other than fumbleball the doors are closed in your face. RL development officers particularly are rarely allowed into Melbourne schools. Fumblehouse comes down hard on any school or organisation that consorts with the enemy.

I know people that have worked in RL development and with the Storm in Melbourne and they say the prejudice and bias is very very hard to get past. It's going to be a long slow burn down there.
utter BS. Sports SEN regularly promotes the storm. Theyre also advertised on ch9. Theres also plenty of talk about A league & BBL
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:14 pm
Good work
I'm sure the village idiot will be in here to give his unique view on this .
you have already posted! or were you referring to that loon Terry?
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

NlolRL wrote: ↑Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:55 pm

utter BS. Sports SEN regularly promotes the storm. Theyre also advertised on ch9. Theres also plenty of talk about A league & BBL
Victorians and the media are very open and supportive to any sport, after after all Victoria is the self proclaimed sporting capital of the world!

its just one of the conspiricies as to why the Minnowbourne Storm are so minnow
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Pal, if you read my post correctly you would see I was talking about schools and grassroots. Please read more carefully next time.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: ↑Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Pal, if you read my post correctly you would see I was talking about schools and grassroots. Please read more carefully next time.
you claimed Victoria is a closed sporting state and AFL is the only sport promoted. That's just utter garbage
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I do not believe schools are closed to nrl or rl players coming in but if you could cite something to support this would be happy to change my mind.

And if what you say is correct then where is it that rl could make some impact at grass roots?
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat wrote: ↑Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:12 pm
2015 - 12k
2016 - 14k
March 2017 - 17k
Gees, after all their finals appearances and premierships over the years in sports mad Melbourne, they are on par with the membership growth seen at GWS in Western Sydney. Hardly anything to be boasting about I would've thought especially when you lot are always suggesting the Giants are lacking support. What's the Storm's excuse? Oh yeah, Terry states there is no room for any other sport other than Australian Rules in the whole state of Victoria. :hmm:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

BS, provide proof of this, if this was the case then the NRL annual report would not show school visits in the state report. What an imiagination you have.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Simple spend money. Have more teams in an area so you dont have to drive from Dandenong to Sunshine for your son to play an u12's match. Took my son to play in u14's and the next club was 45 min away. Also maybe advertise juniors might help I have only seen adds on Foxtel which is clearly amined at Sydney market.
Laniger
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Crows

Post by Laniger »

Why not ask to speak at a "Parents and Citizens Meeting" at a Toorak High School"
Good luck with that! (chuckle)