Storm Membership Up Up Up

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Storm Membership Up Up Up

Post by Fred »

Sure. If that's what you think. Afl is the Catholicism of sport. I like that.

But seriously, I don't think that is the reason. It's like saying anyone can hit a ball with a bat or racquet or anyone can kick a soccer ball. For me I think a lot has to do with their being cricket grounds across the country and the afls willingness to invest in grassroots. And to spread the game.
Veni, vidi, vici
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

pussycat wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:08 pm
Fred wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:39 pm
I think it is way more than 2 to 1. There is more leagues of afl in nsw I would reckon than clubs in Victoria. I think there are about 12 rl clubs in victoria and one league that oversees it. Whereas in nsw Sydney and west Sydney have different leagues I believe with several levels in each league. Again this is from memory but I am sure an internet search will help you out.
You know why that is Fred? Because any dim witted moron cant kick a football . Only an elite athlete can play Rugby League!
What a stupid statement
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Hey Leroy some figures for qld in today's lift out for the afl season coming up .

Overall 27938 players participated.

15477 were juniors in 1192 teams at 179 community clubs.

Major area of growth women's football with 35 new senior women's and youth teams in seq competitions.

Auskick 28273 boys and girls introduced in 997 centres across the state.

Compare this to rl in Victoria where there is I think 12 clubs across the state.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

How many clubs though wookie for rl in Victoria? Also when they say across Melbourne are they meaning also Geelong?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Had look and seems a couple of new clubs of late have started up in Victoria which is a good sign for rl in the state. I counted 15 clubs I think in the Melbourne area but noted Geelong has gone? Not surprised given the travel a club would have to do. The Sunraysia league I was unaware of... is that under the nsw rl with a few teams over the border in vic?

Anyway some growth with a few new clubs. Got to start somewhere.
Veni, vidi, vici