How would you make AFL a less embarrassing looking game?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: How would you make AFL a less silly looking game?

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:30 pm
By the way... I can see you took it literally and not questioning that... just clarifying for myself.
Get a life Fred.....fairdindum dill....!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Swans4ever wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:01 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:10 pm
Lol
Rl players never had to wear GRIP gloves to help them catch

Checkmate dingbat
Yeah nd RL players used to wear hockey pads forgot that little tid bit didnt you.
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

MIA when the question for some proof was asked
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:06 am
Swans4ever wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:01 pm
Lol

Checkmate dingbat
Yeah nd RL players used to wear hockey pads forgot that little tid bit didnt you.
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

MIA when the question for some proof was asked
Hey swines
Why are you avoiding this question .

& mods if he posts it & runs then I will ask him in other threads .
If he had a set of balls he'd discuss in here .

🤣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Terry wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:48 pm
Fred wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:42 pm
Have them line up on opposite sides of the ground and run into each other 5 times before kicking it. Don't allow the ball carroer to be striped of the ball if more than 1 tackler. Allow players who are tackled to simply just go to ground and hold the ball ... and allow them to maintain possession.

Seriously though ... two completely different games. A juvenile question at best that tries to view another game from the perspective of another.
The question pertains to fumbleball Fredo and we,re all trying to help improve the fumbling bumbling mess it is.
Well said mate. We're trying to make AFL less of an embarrassment to Australia.
Last edited by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Lol

Checkmate dingbat
They need those gloves. I have never seen a sport where they drop the ball more than AFL.

Even the seagulls seem the catch chips better, and whole sport of AFL is based on feeding the seagulls as far as I can see. :(/
Last edited by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Game of AFL

🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:16 am
Game of AFL

If the NRL is more entertaining why do the AFL currently more than double the NRL in crowd averages?? Why is the AFL ahead 4 to 1 in prime time TV ratings comparisons? Why does the AFL have more teams nationally, more participants at club level, and more club members by around 3 times?

Maybe people like silly
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:15 pm
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:16 am
Game of AFL

If the NRL is more entertaining why do the AFL currently more than double the NRL in crowd averages?? Why is the AFL ahead 4 to 1 in prime time TV ratings comparisons? Why does the AFL have more teams nationally, more participants at club level, and more club members by around 3 times?

Maybe people like silly
AFL has only 2 more professional teams than the NRL while Rugby League as a sport has 28 first grade clubs globally in 4 countries. AFL can't even form a competitive reserve grade club in another nation lol.. =D>

Rugby League 28 first grade Clubs
Aussie Rules 18 first grade Clubs

As for ratings, State of Origin will get higher rating than every single AFL game apart from AFLs grand final. So we'll flog you there again like we always do lol..
It got a bigger crowd in Melbourne than every single AFL game in history held in NSW or Qld.

AFL is only strong where it has had no real competition from other football codes to start with. It has had no success outside Australia. You can see with multi premiership clubs like the Bribane Lions are a laughing stock at the moment. :cool:

AFL is a one trick pony at the end of the day. Has it's passionate followers in Australia but will never have something like Toronto Wolfpack.
(Rugby League team in Canada)

If AFL was such a good sport, it would have interest outside Australia. Grid Iron for example is big in Canada too. Meanwhile AFL can't even crack NZ or Canada.

TORONTO WOLFPACK NEWS STORY

🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Afl still the biggest sporting organisation in the country... for such a silly game does alright for itself.
Veni, vidi, vici
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:51 pm

AFL has only 2 more professional teams than the NRL while Rugby League as a sport has 28 first grade clubs globally in 4 countries. AFL can't even form a competitive reserve grade club in another nation lol.. =D>

As for ratings, State of Origin will get higher rating than every single AFL game apart from AFLs grand final. So we'll flog you there again like we always do lol..
It got a bigger crowd in Melbourne than every single AFL game in history held in NSW or Qld.

AFL is only strong where it has had no real competition from other football codes to start with. It has had no success outside Australia. You can see with multi premiership clubs like the Bribane Lions are a laughing stock at the moment. :cool:

AFL is a one trick pony at the end of the day. Has it's passionate followers in Australia but will never have something like Toronto Wolfpack.

If AFL was such a good sport, it would have interest outside Australia. Grid Iron for example is big in Canada too. Meanwhile AFL can't even crack NZ or Canada.

Here's the reason RL is played in more countries: it originated in the UK which has influenced the globe. The AFL originated in a small country with no influence. Yet the AFL has at least expanded across its own country. In Australia RL hasnt expanded past 2 states :(/

SOO is basically RL's only shining light in Australia, yet it was still outrated by the AFL GF last year, and had a smaller crowd :\:

And international expansion isnt required for a sport to be significant. The NRL has barely expanded outside the USA professionally, yet its a massive sport
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Here's the reason RL is played in more countries: it originated in the UK which has influenced the globe. The AFL originated in a small country with no influence. Yet the AFL has at least expanded across its own country. In Australia RL hasnt expanded past 2 states :(/

SOO is basically RL's only shining light in Australia, yet it was still outrated by the AFL GF last year, and had a smaller crowd :\:

And international expansion isnt required for a sport to be significant. The NRL has barely expanded outside the USA professionally, yet its a massive sport
Excuses excuses. Ice Hockey and Basketball are not from the UK. What's your reason for them being able to make it in other countries??
lol you really have no idea. AFL is just too crap a sport to make it outside of one country. That is the REAL REASON.

Your even getting confused now calling the NFL the NRL hehe.. Get it together mate. :lol: :lol:
Then you claim NRL is in two states. Since when has Melbourne Storm been part of NSW & Qld? :lol:

NFL is the name of the code. Grid Iron is the actual sport. And it has a very successful league in Canada too called the CFL.
So Grid Iron has well and truely made it out of America. Is huge in Canada too.

Canadian Grid Iron
https://www.cfl.ca
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Here's the reason RL is played in more countries: it originated in the UK which has influenced the globe. The AFL originated in a small country with no influence. Yet the AFL has at least expanded across its own country[media]. In Australia RL hasnt expanded past 2 states[/media] :(/

Jesus Christ what the fuck is wrong with you fumblers .
You tell lie after lie after lie
You're now repeating dingbats lie
That's how low youve sunk .

Tell me dickhead . What city & what state are the Melb storm in ?

Where are the CANBERRA Raiders from ?

Your last shred of credibility just went out the window .
:(/ :(/ :(/

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

NRL&NFLweLaughATafl wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Excuses excuses. Ice Hockey and Basketball are not from the UK. What's your reason for them being able to make it in other countries??
lol you really have no idea. AFL is just too crap a sport to make it outside of one country. That is the REAL REASON.

Your even getting confused now calling the NFL the NRL hehe.. Get it together mate. :lol: :lol:
Then you claim NRL is in two states. Since when has Melbourne Storm been part of NSW & Qld? :lol:

NFL is the name of the code. Grid Iron is the actual sport. And it has a very successful league in Canada too called the CFL.
So Grid Iron has well and truely made it out of America. Is huge in Canada too.

Canadian Grid Iron
https://www.cfl.ca
Basketball is from the most influential country in the last century :roll:

RL hasnt expanded in Melbourne, the NRL just located a team here. How many of the storms players come from Victoria? How many Victorians play in the NRL? :drunk:

And I never said Gridiron hadnt expanded, it just hasnt done much of a job of it given the influence the USA has globally. If the USA's influence hasnt resulted in decent gridiron expandion how the hell would a small country like Australia influence other countries to play our national sport? It really has nothing to do with the sport itself. Same as Gaelic football and hurling. Both are reasonably interesting games but havent expanded outside Ireland
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

With afl expansion into nsw and qld it could be argued that the area of rl dominance is actually constructing rather than expanding ... especially with the growth of wsw in soccer and the roar. Now that ru is all but frizzled is rl next ?
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Jesus
Looks like Fred's been reading fab PHIL at BF

RLs demise has been predicted for decades .
Lol & now it seems Fred is believing the propaganda

🤣
Xman wrote