How would you make AFL a less embarrassing looking game?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
rethink
Team: Nauru + PNG
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: How would you make AFL a less embarrassing looking game?

Post by rethink »

lots of good ideas here & above .... I do think penalties for violent behaviour need to be much, much higher, and maybe either have the points scored in the last 10 mins count double OR make it into two games with win points for each half and then the 2nd half starts as 0-0
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Is funny how AFL fans are actually responding to this admitting their sport is a national embarrassment.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Re: How would you make AFL a less silly looking game?

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:20 pm
Of course. You'd say that Fred p the knight in shining armour rides in to defend the idiot who just keeps digging himself deeper & deeper .

According to him all Rl is in VIC is expats who follow the storm .

I suppose asking for some proof of this is out of the question . Can't have a Rl poster asking a lying fumbler for some proof .
Int that’s your loopy ideas of the swans fans in Sydney and any team that flys over to nsw or Qld to play the local team based there
All expats and the interstates team fans fly as well and watch the team play :)))

Rl in Melbourne, there are next to no rl leagues set up in Vic due to low demand
Fr Minnowbourne Storm or nrlol as a whole has had like one player from the state play in the pas30 odd years!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: How would you make AFL a less silly looking game?

Post by AFLcrap1 »

notaleaguefan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:06 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:20 pm
Of course. You'd say that Fred p the knight in shining armour rides in to defend the idiot who just keeps digging himself deeper & deeper .

According to him all Rl is in VIC is expats who follow the storm .

I suppose asking for some proof of this is out of the question . Can't have a Rl poster asking a lying fumbler for some proof .
Int that’s your loopy ideas of the swans fans in Sydney and any team that flys over to nsw or Qld to play the local team based there
All expats and the interstates team fans fly as well and watch the team play :)))

Rl in Melbourne, there are next to no rl leagues set up in Vic due to low demand
Fr Minnowbourne Storm or nrlol as a whole has had like one player from the state play in the pas30 odd years!
Can someone please translate this garbled nonsense .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Fred »

I will

Rl as a code has very little presence in Melbourne or Victoria. For instance ...1 league for entire state I think and about 13 clubs....

I will say this though. It is growing very slowly and Melbourne Storm have built up a loyal niche market. There is no real fervent “opposition” to rl per se... it’s just another minor sport ... as in there is no fervent opposition to baseball, basketball, hockey, Gaelic football etc. all of which are far bigger.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Terry »

It's pretty hard to make AFL less embarrassing TBH. I mean you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig!!!!!! The problem is the very basic fabric of the game makes it an ugly grovelling mess. The constant fumbles. The ball rolling around uncontrolled on the ground with 10 match sticks bumbling and stumbling to pick it up. Just low base ugly stuff!!!

The poor 'ol girls game got a memo before the 2018 season begging the coaches to somehow make the game more attractive. It didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

The men's game was getting so bad fumblehouse made an incredible 9 rule changes before the start of the season. They wanted more open play, less congestion, a more fluid contest. It didn't work. The scoring was lower than ever. The mess continued. The GF being exhibit A. It was the embodiment of embarrassment.

I really don't know what Gilty and the boys can do. It's really hard to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. I mean its hard to turn something so ugly into something anywhere approaching attractive.

Do our fumbling friends have any ideas????
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Terry wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:59 pm
It's pretty hard to make AFL less embarrassing TBH. I mean you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig!!!!!! The problem is the very basic fabric of the game makes it an ugly grovelling mess. The constant fumbles. The ball rolling around uncontrolled on the ground with 10 match sticks bumbling and stumbling to pick it up. Just low base ugly stuff!!!

The poor 'ol girls game got a memo before the 2018 season begging the coaches to somehow make the game more attractive. It didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

The men's game was getting so bad fumblehouse made an incredible 9 rule changes before the start of the season. They wanted more open play, less congestion, a more fluid contest. It didn't work. The scoring was lower than ever. The mess continued. The GF being exhibit A. It was the embodiment of embarrassment.

I really don't know what Gilty and the boys can do. It's really hard to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. I mean its hard to turn something so ugly into something anywhere approaching attractive.

How about pull down grandstands & replace with catering tents .
The mythical missing 5 k in China seemed to work out very quickly that eating for Afew hrs was preferable to watching the mess .

🤣
Xman wrote
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:45 pm

The mythical missing 5 k in China seemed to work out very quickly that eating for Afew hrs was preferable to watching the mess .
Now back on topic 🚽
How’s that the Minnowbourne Storm and league have had like one player play nrlol in 30 odd years. A dozen or so local clubs!

Then you try and tell us league is making ground and afl isn’t in Qld and nsw :mrgreen:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Do you ever stop lying .
Please show where I've said that .

🤣
Xman wrote
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Terry »

notaleaguefan wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:07 pm

Now back on topic 🚽
How’s that the Minnowbourne Storm and league have had like one player play nrlol in 30 odd years. A dozen or so local clubs!

Then you try and tell us league is making ground and afl isn’t in Qld and nsw :mrgreen:
Ummm pal.......you might need to scroll to the top of this page. The topic is "How would you make AFL a less embarrassing looking game." So I agree......get back on topic!!! If you have trouble understanding this go get mama to help!!!!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

He's just not very bright .
Or truthful

🤣
Xman wrote
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

Fred wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:09 pm
I will

Rl as a code has very little presence in Melbourne or Victoria. For instance ...1 league for entire state I think and about 13 clubs....

I will say this though. It is growing very slowly and Melbourne Storm have built up a loyal niche market. There is no real fervent “opposition” to rl per se... it’s just another minor sport ... as in there is no fervent opposition to baseball, basketball, hockey, Gaelic football etc. all of which are far bigger.
A minor sport that got 91,000 at the mcg for State of Origin hey Fred. A far bigger crowd than AFL has ever gotten in NSW or Qld :wink:

Gaelic Football, Baseball and Hockey are far bigger than Rugby League in Melbourne you claim? Where are the televised commercial coverages for these local sports in Melbourne?

Any players getting paid 800k a year to play for a Gaelic Football club or Baseball Club in Melbourne Fred? Like the Melbourne Storm has payed players?

Sounds like Fred needs to do a little fact checking :lol:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

notaleaguefan wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:07 pm

Now back on topic 🚽

91,000 at the MCG for State of Origin looks pretty good to me. More than any AFL game ever played in NSW or Qld.

And how many people turned up for the Giants pre grand final fan day in Western Sydney?
About a thousand for a team that is said to have a presence in two major cities. Sydney and Canberra.
Last edited by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl on Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach

The lipstick on a pig analogy rings very true.
They did try to play on a Rugby League field with AFL X. So they have been trying :lol:
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
🇭🇲

UK Rugby League
Bbear
Reserves
Reserves
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

Football was much more interesting game to watch in the 80s and 90s, the players mostly stayed in their zones . A player would cross through other zones only during a passage of forward play he was instrumental in therefore swarming and congestion was less of an issue.
Despite some of the shortcomings in today's football our national game is the one to watch.

How do rid Australia of this NRL embarrassment ?

That is the most urgent question to address.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap