Crowd and TV ratings predictions for Western Sydney Wanderers vs Sydney FC

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Crowd and TV ratings predictions for Western Sydney Wanderers vs Sydney FC

Post by Fred »

Beaussie wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:21 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:20 pm
Fred wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:24 pm
45000 is a good number but, and this is the question I ask, if this is their blockbuster game in soccer heartland then higher number would be expected. If you compare that to say the Anzac afl game, 45000 would be dissapoibting. I am unsure what the eqivilanr nrl game is? Again, this only applies if this soccer game is their biggest or one of the biggest outside finals.
Well Fredo once again you have let yourself down with your total lack of knowledge, research and cognitive ability. The SFS capacity is 45,000. They got 45,000 so it is not 'dissapoitbting' (what language is that?) because they filled it up.
The game was at ANZ Stadium you dill, not the SFS. #-o

The crowd was well down on the last game at ANZ Stadium where they got 61k earlier in the season. You clearly have no idea what we are talking about in this thread. Fair dinkum :roll:

Thanks for clearing that up beaussie. Great research. :)
Veni, vidi, vici
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Fred wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:46 am
Beaussie wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:21 pm
Terry wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Well Fredo once again you have let yourself down with your total lack of knowledge, research and cognitive ability. The SFS capacity is 45,000. They got 45,000 so it is not 'dissapoitbting' (what language is that?) because they filled it up.
The game was at ANZ Stadium you dill, not the SFS. #-o

The crowd was well down on the last game at ANZ Stadium where they got 61k earlier in the season. You clearly have no idea what we are talking about in this thread. Fair dinkum :roll:

Thanks for clearing that up beaussie. Great research. :)
No worries Fred.

One can only conclude the crowd and tv ratings were very disappointing for what is supposed to be the biggest game outside of finals in the entire A-League.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Well I'm big enough to put my hand up when I wrong!! Apologies Fred. Luckily it's my first mistake since 1974......lolololol.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by post_hoc »

You keep saying it is disappointing, yet no one else is saying that, like I have said that is the 3rd time they have played each other, and you want to try and compare it to a 1 off ANZAC day match at the MCG?

Melbourne played st Kilda twice last year,
round 6 27,000
round 17 25,000

That looks pretty bad to me

Sorry I can't post any H&A games where each of the AFL teams played each other 3 times.

So nice try but no one really thinks those crowds are bad. Says a lot about you then doesn't
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Hardly blockbuster matches?
Veni, vidi, vici
sydneyfc
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney FC
Has thanked: 0

Post by sydneyfc »

from where i was there were just as many sfc fans there as last time - anywhere from 15-20k in our delegated bowl and the east side of level 6 in the south stand

big diff is that wsw are in shocking form and no stadium members turned up(north main stand at level 6 was completely empty which is reserved for anz members whereas last derby it was half full)

3 games a season is overkill but it still the largest regularly attended game in club sport in sydney
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

Fred wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:39 am
Hardly blockbuster matches?
It isn't? Two of the older local melbourne teams, considering how badly the wanderers are doing this year one could argue that we are not a blockbuster either.

I guess we might be a little more passionate than your average Melbourne or St Kilda fan
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

No it isn't. Definitely not. Collingwood and Essendon or Collingwood and Carlton and Collingwood and Richmond maybe ? Maybe even Geelong and Hawthorn. Melbourne and st kinda would not be considered a block buster I don't think.
Veni, vidi, vici
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

sydneyfc wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:39 am
from where i was there were just as many sfc fans there as last time - anywhere from 15-20k in our delegated bowl and the east side of level 6 in the south stand

big diff is that wsw are in shocking form and no stadium members turned up(north main stand at level 6 was completely empty which is reserved for anz members whereas last derby it was half full)

3 games a season is overkill but it still the largest regularly attended game in club sport in sydney
Last 6 games at SFS over 40k Sold out

First game at ANZ for the Sydney derby Aleague 62k

From all reports a terrible WSW outfit who where destined to get flogged. thunderstorms and hail in Sydney's west and still pulled 45k.

Only fumblers would say this is a disappointing outcome in Sydney of all places ... :lol: :lol: