Rank the Codes in NSW

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: Rank the Codes in NSW

Post by NlolRL »

Pippen1994 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:58 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:34 pm
Pippen1994 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:47 am

Don't know but odd that you'd boast about placement you pay for
Not odd at all, I agree that the 2 newer AFL clubs are dependant on the AFL, more than the Storm are dependant on the NRL...how much is debatable.
But they recoup it on broadcast rights and sponsorship, and when the AFL stops televising against itself, both those things will go up considerably.
It’s all about money, and both teams will be there for the long haul, because long term they are profitable for the league, not necessarily for themselves. GWS need to consolidate/promote their identity much better which will mean dumping Canberra as a part home.

Can Canberra sustain an AFL team? Yes but will need AFL support for some time and perhaps a wider geographical identity.
In the 70’s/80’s I think they would have been a shoo in.

And if the game wasn’t so popular in Melbourne there might well be more clubs interstate.
Been said for many years that Melbourne/Victoria can’t support so many teams, but they keep surviving...and will do so for the foreseeable future.
AFL has only lost 1 club during their national period and the VFl only 1 during their period.
Success and management, yep teams have had some bad times, and at times the league has tried very hard to get rid off, merge or transfer some....but it only happened once, (and in my humble opinion should not have).
How many teams have the NRL, NSW and Qld top level clubs have gone in that time?
Success breeds success, I will agree that rugby league and the NRL are more popular than Australian Rules and AFL in the northern states, but to say soccer beats AFL is stretching credibility...they are in dire straits....and even they know it.
Soccer is number 1 participation sport in NSW & it's not even close. You can talk shit about auskick numbers but ppl are paying to play soccer. The only advantage you guys have is that the sport is broadcast on the most popular commercial network. Soccer doesn't have a marketing campaign atm. Don't mistake money each respective sport is pouring in to popularity
soccer is the number 1 participation sport for juniors across the country, but this is not translating into followers of the sport as adults as shown by poor ratings and crowds for the A league
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

No I equate what each sport is getting in to popularity.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Canberra Raiders
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Post by baselinepanther »

Fred wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:19 pm
I have no idea as don’t line there. But given the number of players, leagues etc it would have to be 1000 to 1 compared to rl in Victoria on most measures.
deary me fwed
you keep saying players , players players , leagues & teams

but then dismiss soccers enormous lead over vicderpian rules in NSW & QLD in this area as... nothing
:hmm:

this makes no sense fwed
either they count or they don't

if they count , then soccer reams the bumbles n fumbles north of the murray
if they don't count , then playing numbers can't be usedf as an example of singletballs popularity north of the murray

which is it fwed ? :cool:
These users liked the author baselinepanther for the post:
Lookin back (Mon May 17, 2021 11:36 pm)
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Oh my crapper. I am cognisant of your challenges and unlike my man Terry I get you honestly are asking this rather than having a lark like Terry and I. So here goes again ... I am unsure whether you read the earlier stuff or not but hey... I will do what I can to put it in chunks for ease of digesting.

1. There are many measures that we can look at.

2. As said, if we go on junior playing numbers soccer would possibly be one of the most popular right across the country. But, it is but one measure. No one thinks soccer is the most popular code in the country. A lot of people play soccer. Agreed.

3. As I and others have pointed out.. on many other measures Australian Rules does very well in Sydney in comparison to soccer. These being: Crowds, TV ratings, Members, Revenue. I’m unsure on media coverage, as like you do not live in Sydney, but I am guessing Aussie rules goes okay when compared to soccer but happy to be corrected. So when we take all the metrics noted it would seem Aussie rules football would be doing better than soccer. And tv ratings, which you and other nrl cult members quote constantly as evidence of popularity of the NRL, clearly has the afl out rating the soccer. Don’t see too many dedicated soccer shows on fta either.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Hope that helps little buddy. Say “hi” to all. Good to see you doing better. Remember, it’s just a footy game. Enjoy the banter and don’t let it consume you. It’s all fun and shits and giggles mate:). Take care.
Veni, vidi, vici
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

Fred wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:11 pm
Oh my crapper. I am cognisant of your challenges and unlike my man Terry I get you honestly are asking this rather than having a lark like Terry and I. So here goes again ... I am unsure whether you read the earlier stuff or not but hey... I will do what I can to put it in chunks for ease of digesting.

1. There are many measures that we can look at.

2. As said, if we go on junior playing numbers soccer would possibly be one of the most popular right across the country. But, it is but one measure. No one thinks soccer is the most popular code in the country. A lot of people play soccer. Agreed.

3. As I and others have pointed out.. on many other measures Australian Rules does very well in Sydney in comparison to soccer. These being: Crowds, TV ratings, Members, Revenue. I’m unsure on media coverage, as like you do not live in Sydney, but I am guessing Aussie rules goes okay when compared to soccer but happy to be corrected. So when we take all the metrics noted it would seem Aussie rules football would be doing better than soccer. And tv ratings, which you and other nrl cult members quote constantly as evidence of popularity of the NRL, clearly has the afl out rating the soccer. Don’t see too many dedicated soccer shows on fta either.
hmmmmm
TV ratings .... Peter Rabbit is preferred to it
Crowds... The Midgets & Thuns are serial fudgers , because their crowds are that embarrassing they won't post the real ones , the paddle pop wions also have posted some howler crowds in recent times :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

media coverage.. the AFL pays for space in the media north of the murray

hardly worth bothering about those metrics

what i think we can agree on is playing numbers are a furphy using soccer as the example
they mean very little

parents choose what their children play based on its ease & softness
thats all it is
they can't get away from it quick enough after playing to go watch a real sport later that day :cool:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay. Let’s try this one more time. AFL TV ratings compared to soccers. Which is doing better in Sydney?

Crowds... again you may like to say the Suns and giants are serial fudgers but again, no proof. But hey, let’s take them out (not sure why Suns are mentioned anyway) and let’s use your metric of what you think you see on TV re: crowds. Do you think the swans get more than a league games in Sydney?

Media coverage. Can you provide what portion is paid ? I know the afl have done this which is fine and usually states it is paid content. Are you saying there isn’t I paid coverage of gsmes? Plus with a lot of media content being national these days we see much more afl. Mayo even shows the local Sydney league I see on their freebies. But I’m not in Sydney so would be interested to know how much is Aussie rules and how much soccer. To simply dismiss figures by saying “oh it’s paid for” or “oh the figures are fudged” is easy to do without proof but happy if there is any.
Veni, vidi, vici
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

Fred wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:50 am
Okay. Let’s try this one more time. AFL TV ratings compared to soccers. Which is doing better in Sydney?

Crowds... again you may like to say the Suns and giants are serial fudgers but again, no proof. But hey, let’s take them out (not sure why Suns are mentioned anyway) and let’s use your metric of what you think you see on TV re: crowds. Do you think the swans get more than a league games in Sydney?

Media coverage. Can you provide what portion is paid ? I know the afl have done this which is fine and usually states it is paid content. Are you saying there isn’t I paid coverage of gsmes? Plus with a lot of media content being national these days we see much more afl. Mayo even shows the local Sydney league I see on their freebies. But I’m not in Sydney so would be interested to know how much is Aussie rules and how much soccer. To simply dismiss figures by saying “oh it’s paid for” or “oh the figures are fudged” is easy to do without proof but happy if there is any.
no proof fwed?

no proof

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/

Im not a bubble dwelling halfwit detached from reality like you

my eyesight is my proof
serial fudgers is being kind

no we're not taking them out
they're glaring examples of how the victorian game is stagnating in nsw & qld
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

with ol fwedy preaching and bashing tamborines about all these new skinny lil white boys n girls north of the murray having their hand and eye coordination skills seriously diminished in tight shorts n singlets

youd think this would translate to bigger crowds and tv audiences

but this isnt the case at all
hmmmmmm :hmm:

seems im right about participation numbers ;) :cool:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Seems you're either colour blind or a racist
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

baselinepanther wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:11 am
with ol fwedy preaching and bashing tamborines about all these new skinny lil white boys n girls north of the murray having their hand and eye coordination skills seriously diminished in tight shorts n singlets

youd think this would translate to bigger crowds and tv audiences

but this isnt the case at all
hmmmmmm :hmm:

seems im right about participation numbers ;) :cool:
Seems that the stated higher participation rates in soccer are translating to smaller crowds and tv audiences...by a lot.
Interesting.
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

NlolRL wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:04 am
racist ? :hmm:
well I'd be right at home amongst your lot , the whitest sport on the planet

ya know
amongst the banana chuckers
the .. at least one white parent insisters :cool:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

baselinepanther wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:55 pm

ya know
how many asians or sudanese in the NRL?
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

baselinepanther wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:55 pm

ya know
dunno
a few asians have played at the NRL level

didn't one sudanese fumbler try & jump off a bridge in melb beacuse of all the racism he was subjected to
baselinepanther
Seniors
Seniors

how many

lebanese
turks
maoris