Bandwagon Wanderers members now wont follow/support club

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Bandwagon Wanderers members now wont follow/support club

Post by Beaussie »

What a bunch of softcocks these so called fans are. I can't hear the rabble behind the goals they say. The stadium is just too big they say. :lol:

If only they'd just admit, their club is playing shit and now they're just not that interested in attending as a result.

Fancy soccer flogs trying to tell people their game is big in Sydney. Pfft.. just look at the crowds for Wanderers and Sydney FC games home games for the real picture. What's Sydney FC's excuse for shithouse crowds in a purpose built rectangular shaped stadium. God they make you laugh. Such flogs :(/ :(/ :(/
Why Western Sydney Wanderers members haven't followed the club to Spotless Stadium
Dominic Bossi

Twenty-eight year-old Robert Jalalaty proudly boasts of being a Western Sydney Wanderers member since day one. He didn't hesitate to renew his season ticket this year, he will retain it for years to come but probably won't attend a match until the club returns to Parramatta.

"I'm not going to anymore games at Spotless [Stadium]. I felt like a tourist, I don't feel like a Wanderer anymore," he said.

Jalalaty is one of thousands of fully-paid members who have not followed the club to Olympic Park this season after the Wanderers were forced to temporarily relocate. Spotless Stadium – a ground built for AFL – will be the Wanderers' primary home for the next three years as Parramatta Stadium undergoes reconstruction and if fans are voting with their feet, it may have been the wrong choice of venue.

Loyalty and a strong performance last season helped the club register a record number of members this season – almost 19,000 – but the Wanderers have struggled to get their season-ticket holders through the turnstiles at Spotless Stadium. Of their three home games at the larger AFL venue, they are yet to attract a single attendance that's surpassed last season's average crowd figure of 14,297. That's despite entering this season as last year's runners-up, boasting a record number of season-ticket holders and moving to a venue that is 15 per cent larger in capacity.

Not even the lure of Tim Cahill's first A-League game in Sydney attracted members through the turnstiles en masse as just 14,232 fans attended last Friday's game; 600 fewer than when Melbourne City last played the Wanderers at Parramatta.

Of their two previous home games at Spotless Stadium against Newcastle Jets and Central Coast Mariners, only the attendance for the Newcastle match was higher than the corresponding fixture last year, which drew a low crowd on Christmas Eve. The Wanderers host Brisbane Roar on Friday night, which has traditionally been an attractive opponent for members but the club is hopeful a bumper crowd will be on hand.

"We're looking forward to a strong member [turnout] at Spotless Stadium for our match against Brisbane Roar in what will be our last match at the venue for 2016," a club spokesman said.

The Wanderers disappointing early season form hasn't provided the greatest marketing for the club though fans suggest it's the venue rather than the quality of football that's been the largest detractor from their entertainment experience.

Members say moving from a boutique, intimate football stadium such as Parramatta to the vast AFL showground in Olympic Park has left them alienated from the on-field action and killed the atmosphere.

"You go to the Stadium and you don't feel like it's your identity whereas they nailed it Parramatta, you felt like one of the players. At Spotless you're so far from the game, you can't hear the RBB," Jalalaty said.

The Wanderers are yet to win a game at their new home of the Olympic Park precinct [including ANZ Stadium] and opponents believe that may have something to do with their change in venues.

In moving away to larger stadiums that do not hold the atmosphere in the way Parramatta did, the Wanderers have lost a competitive advantage, according to opponents.

After losing the 2013 semi-final to the Wanderers in Parramatta, former Brisbane Roar coach Mike Mulvey said Western Sydney's single biggest advantage was playing in their intimidating home ground when at capacity.

Goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis experienced the power of the 12th man first-hand while playing for the Wanderers in the 2014-15 season before switching to Melbourne City. He played against his former club at Spotless Stadium last week and noticed a major difference in the atmosphere.

"Because it's an AFL ground it wasn't as intimidating as it was at Pirtek. I feel Pirtek, with being such a close stadium, the fans had more of an impact. At Spotless it didn't feel as loud and intimidating," Bouzanis said. "I just think it's the stadium that takes away from the atmosphere."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/west ... sx022.html
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Bandwagon Wanderers members now wont follow/support club

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Taking over
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

It is true though, rectangle sports should stick to rectangles fields. They could've played at any number of grounds in the west, why they went to a cricket ground is beyond me.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
It is true though, rectangle sports should stick to rectangles fields. They could've played at any number of grounds in the west, why they went to a cricket ground is beyond me.
What a load of rubbish. Never thought I'd see the day you defended Wanderers dwindling crowds.

If what you said was really true, then these soccer flogs really aren't that passionate about their club/code.

Let's not forget the fact that Wanderers members voted for Spotless Stadium over other options such as Penrith and Campbelltown. Yep, they voted Spotless Stadium as their preferred venue during Parramatta Stadiums redevelopment and now won't show up for games. :?>

Oh and again, what's the excuse for shithouse Sydney FC crowds at the rectangular Allianz Stadium? Why does Melbourne Victory have no issues getting decent sized crowds at the oval shaped Etihad Stadium? Like I said, rubbish excuses. At least the seats are safe from damage at Spotless Stadium I guess.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
The wanderers have a bigger crowd averages than your shit minnow mob the eels!
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by post_hoc »

Beaussie wrote:
What a bunch of softcocks these so called fans are. I can't hear the rabble behind the goals they say. The stadium is just too big they say. :lol:

If only they'd just admit, their club is playing shit and now they're just not that interested in attending as a result.

Fancy soccer flogs trying to tell people their game is big in Sydney. Pfft.. just look at the crowds for Wanderers and Sydney FC games home games for the real picture. What's Sydney FC's excuse for shithouse crowds in a purpose built rectangular shaped stadium. God they make you laugh. Such flogs :(/ :(/ :(/
l

Not very bright are you, then again Bossi has done himself no favours with this article.

The average from last year (with the derby removed at pirtek stadium) is within a couple of hundred for the average at spotless. I removed the derby from the Pirtek averages because the derby isn't played at Spotless.

2015/16 = 13853
2016/17 (3 games) = 13216

Yea a massive difference, you don't have a clue do you.

And don't make up quotes, no one said the stadium is too big, why do you insist on lying?
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

we are sitting in 7th place and still averaging more than the GWS playing in the same ground, who came what 3rd or 4th?

Sorry can't hear you, our crowd noises are too loud
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

post_hoc wrote:
we are sitting in 7th place and still averaging more than the GWS playing in the same ground, who came what 3rd or 4th?

Sorry can't hear you, our crowd noises are too loud
Well considering few have been easy beats and soon wooden spoons for most of their existence compared to the wanderers who have been successful.

Meh, fans will drop away after they fail to continually win premiships or be as successful
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

you mean like our season 3 when we came second last?
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

You can actually see the 14000 in the stands at wanderers games at spotless compared to the giants, that the difference and the truth.

:)
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
You can actually see the 14000 in the stands at wanderers games at spotless compared to the giants, that the difference and the truth.

c'mon now, the seats are orange, so are their uniforms, it could be that all the claimed 13,000 Giants fans are just really good at the Mannequin challenge
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

And that's a thread stopper :(/
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Another week and another drop in crowd numbers for the Wanderers.

11,201 last night at Spotless Stadium.

Taking over indeed lol
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:

Bigger crowds that what your minnow mob draws
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:

Bigger crowds that what your minnow mob draws
Really
Do you ever check before posting .
Do you ever think how easy it is to refute your constant bullshit

Eels 2016 home average ...no finals ....14,449
Giants 2016 home average no finals ...12,333

The STUpid is strong in this one
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o