The No.1 Football Code in Australia

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.

What is the No.1 Football Code in Australia?

Australian Football
58%
Rugby League
35%
Rugby Union
2%
Soccer
5%

Total votes: 111

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: The No.1 Football Code In Australia

Post by Fred »

Agreed. They should do it for nrl games as well .
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Don't need to quolls
RL is more valuable per hr compared to AFL .
& that's with less ad time/ breaks.
Attrition & fatigue are a huge part of RL .
Having quarters will remove this .
Not worth it having fresh players continually on field .
Like the afl ..
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Obviously someone who has never played afl lol.
Veni, vidi, vici
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:54 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:16 pm
Don't need to quolls
RL is more valuable per hr compared to AFL .
Only if you only count tv money.
When you compare the two broadcast deals the dollars figures from the advertising market differ from state to state. With nrlol being the dominant code in the 1st and 3rd
Throw in soo is considered some 10 to 20 % individually of the whole deal
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

An AFL stadium, best in the world for architecture and design.

There's a list at the end of the story you can see where the first RL stadium ranked..

Prix Versailles Sports: Perth’s Optus Stadium wins international award for architecture and design
Bryce Luff
The West Australian
Wednesday, 17 July 2019 7:26PM

A record 1.7 million interstate tourists came to WA in the past 12 months
Perth’s Optus Stadium has been named the most beautiful sporting facility in the world.

The $1.6 billion venue, which was opened in January last year, held off five other incredible stadiums to scoop the international gong - called Prix Versailles for Sports - for architecture and design.

Perth’s Optus Stadium has been named the most beautiful sporting facility in the world.
Perth’s Optus Stadium has been named the most beautiful sporting facility in the world.Picture: Optus Stadium
A panel judged the finalists on their “innovation, creativity, reflection of local, natural and cultural heritage, and energy efficiency”.

The “values of social interaction and participation” were also among the criteria considered.

Louis Armstrong Stadium in New York won the Special Prize for Interior.

Louis Armstrong Stadium in New York.
Louis Armstrong Stadium in New York.Picture: Supplied / Prix Versailles
Hangzhou Sports Park Stadium in Hangzhou, China earned an award for its exterior.

In its first year, Optus Stadium hosted 43 major events, with more than two million fans flooding through the gates.

A further 100,000 will have filled the stadium for pre-season matches featuring Manchester United and Leeds United.

Prix Versailles Sports 2019 finalists:
Optus Stadium - Perth, Australia (winner)
Hangzhou Sports Park Stadium - Hangzhou, China
Édgar Rentería Stadium - Barranquilla, Colombia
Louis Armstrong Stadium - New York, NY, United States
Al-Najaf Stadium - Najaf, Iraq
Luzhniki Stadium - Moscow, Russia

Sucked in. RL didn't make the cut.
Did you seriously think you did...
Fucking hilarious.... :D:
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach
Team: North Melbourne
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Quolls2019 »

When your own experts say things are rotten, well things are rotten, and when they give the success of the AFL as example of the way Chuckball should go, things are even rottener.

Brisbane Titans, Perth Sharks, Central Coast ??: Freddy's radical NRL revamp
By Tim Elbra - 3 hours ago

Peter Sterling, Darren Lockyer and Brad Fittler has spoken about a Sydney team potentially being axed for a second Brisbane club.

The Titans should relocate to Brisbane, the Sharks could move to Perth and a Sydney club must establish itself as the Central Coast's NRL team.
That was the radical call from NSW coach and rugby league icon Brad Fittler, after revelations that an NRL decision on a second Brisbane team could be made as early as December this year.
News Corp reported that an existing club was at risk of being axed or relocated ahead of a new broadcasting rights deal for 2023 onwards. The idea of expanding beyond 16 teams appears to have been shelved, for now.

Free-to-air broadcaster Channel Nine wants a second Brisbane club in order to ensure a match in Queensland's capital city every weekend, with the Broncos a consistent ratings powerhouse. A second Brisbane club would also create a new rivalry with the Broncos, who have held a monopoly over the city for 30 years.

"I think it's inevitable it will come, it's just a matter of when," Broncos great and director Darren Lockyer said on Sports Sunday.
"The Broncos have always sat in the boardroom and talked about a second Brisbane team. Brisbane's a growing city, the Broncos have got it to themselves and a lot of the Sydney clubs think that's an advantage to the Broncos.
"I think it's a matter of time before there's another team."

A second NRL team in Brisbane is 'inevitable', Broncos great and current director Darren Lockyer says.
Fittler called on the NRL to make hard decisions when the time came, setting aside sentimentality to find the best outcome for rugby league's future. 'Freddy' pointed to AFL's successes with the Sydney Swans, relocated from South Melbourne, and the Brisbane Lions, a merger between Brisbane and traditional Melbourne club Fitzroy.
"People get paid a lot of money to make that decision, for who the club should be. I think in rugby league at the moment when you talk about expansion, there's a lot of narrow-mindedness about how it should be done and who it should be," Fittler said on The Sunday Footy Show.
"I feel like every time we have this discussion, there's just this adamant view that you've got to start a new club, you can't expand an area (with a relocated team).
"To me, I'm thinking the Cronulla Sharks could go to Perth and have this history that goes on forever, and play some games at Cronulla and some games at Perth, and then work out what makes it viable financially.
"Taking it to the Central Coast looks like a no-brainer to me. It's a northern part of Sydney, it encapsulates that area and they've got the same vibe about both the areas.
"Why the Titans aren't going to Brisbane is beyond me. It doesn't work at the Gold Coast, for some reason.
"We have a wonderful representative of rugby league, Mal Meninga, who's running the performance up at the Gold Coast, and their performances have been terrible. They need to go to a different market, and the market has to be Brisbane, surely.
"We have this narrow-mindedness about how it has to be done. You've just got to put the right people in charge of the decision-making and then the right people in charge of the club, and it will work. If you get the right people, it just
Lockyer agreed that the Titans were a prime candidate for relocation to Brisbane, given the club's poor fortunes on and off the field. Gold Coast have won just four games this season and will claim the wooden spoon.
"I think it's an option. Considering where the Titans are on the field, it makes it even more of an option," Lockyer said.
"They're really struggling on the field, they're struggling off the field. So there's a risk for them being moved back to Brisbane."
Lockyer has previously spoken out against relocating a Sydney club, saying there would be extreme backlash against killing a traditional team. Manly and Cronulla were named by News Corp as the most at-risk Sydney clubs.
Yet Lockyer also said the benefits of a second Brisbane team, one way or another, were undeniable.
"We've got nine clubs here in Sydney all vying for the same market share dollars, fans etc. Commercially for the game, commercially for the broadcasters, having two teams in Brisbane - which means a game every week - makes sense," he said.
"It's the delicate conversation we're going to have between now and the next broadcast deal, about, 'Well, how does that happen?' Is it going to be a Sydney club relocated? And if it is, there's going to be a lot of people upset."
Lockyer said that he expected any second Brisbane team to share Suncorp Stadium with the Broncos, rather than exist in an outer area like Redcliffe or Ipswich.
"There's no other venue in Brisbane really, other than Suncorp," he said.
"I think what the game wants is a game in Brisbane every week and I think that's what the broadcasters want, too. The Broncos, they rate really well, so they're pretty confident if they get another Brisbane team that their ratings will go up."

A new team in Brisbane, stay at 16 clubs, Perth not a great idea....join the dots
There are lies, damn lies and then there are ratings.
Rugby league, Australias most popular game in some of North Eastern Australia.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Just lol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:39 pm
Lol
Just lol

See this here ... exhibit A of crappers deflections....

He may as well wrote “I’ve got nothing to combat what you said so ....lol.... just lol”. ...,, lol.... just lol
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:36 pm
When your own experts say things are rotten, well things are rotten, and when they give the success of the AFL as example of the way Chuckball should go, things are even rottener.

Peter Sterling, Darren Lockyer and Brad Fittler has spoken about a Sydney team potentially being axed for a second Brisbane club.

The Titans should relocate to Brisbane, the Sharks could move to Perth and a Sydney club must establish itself as the Central Coast's NRL team.
That was the radical call from NSW coach and rugby league icon Brad Fittler, after revelations that an NRL decision on a second Brisbane team could be made as early as December this year.
News Corp reported that an existing club was at risk of being axed or relocated ahead of a new broadcasting rights deal for 2023 onwards. The idea of expanding beyond 16 teams appears to have been shelved, for now.

Free-to-air broadcaster Channel Nine wants a second Brisbane club in order to ensure a match in Queensland's capital city every weekend, with the Broncos a consistent ratings powerhouse. A second Brisbane club would also create a new rivalry with the Broncos, who have held a monopoly over the city for 30 years.

"I think it's inevitable it will come, it's just a matter of when," Broncos great and director Darren Lockyer said on Sports Sunday.
"The Broncos have always sat in the boardroom and talked about a second Brisbane team. Brisbane's a growing city, the Broncos have got it to themselves and a lot of the Sydney clubs think that's an advantage to the Broncos.

A second NRL team in Brisbane is 'inevitable', Broncos great and current director Darren Lockyer says.
Fittler called on the NRL to make hard decisions when the time came, setting aside sentimentality to find the best outcome for rugby league's future. 'Freddy' pointed to AFL's successes with the Sydney Swans, relocated from South Melbourne, and the Brisbane Lions, a merger between Brisbane and traditional Melbourne club Fitzroy.
"People get paid a lot of money to make that decision, for who the club should be. I think in rugby league at the moment when you talk about expansion, there's a lot of narrow-mindedness about how it should be done and who it should be," Fittler said on The Sunday Footy Show.
"I feel like every time we have this discussion, there's just this adamant view that you've got to start a new club, you can't expand an area (with a relocated team).
"To me, I'm thinking the Cronulla Sharks could go to Perth and have this history that goes on forever, and play some games at Cronulla and some games at Perth, and then work out what makes it viable financially.
"Taking it to the Central Coast looks like a no-brainer to me. It's a northern part of Sydney, it encapsulates that area and they've got the same vibe about both the areas.
"Why the Titans aren't going to Brisbane is beyond me. It doesn't work at the Gold Coast, for some reason.
"We have a wonderful representative of rugby league, Mal Meninga, who's running the performance up at the Gold Coast, and their performances have been terrible. They need to go to a different market, and the market has to be Brisbane, surely.
"We have this narrow-mindedness about how it has to be done. You've just got to put the right people in charge of the decision-making and then the right people in charge of the club, and it will work. If you get the right people, it just
Lockyer agreed that the Titans were a prime candidate for relocation to Brisbane, given the club's poor fortunes on and off the field. Gold Coast have won just four games this season and will claim the wooden spoon.
"I think it's an option. Considering where the Titans are on the field, it makes it even more of an option," Lockyer said.
"They're really struggling on the field, they're struggling off the field. So there's a risk for them being moved back to Brisbane."
Lockyer has previously spoken out against relocating a Sydney club, saying there would be extreme backlash against killing a traditional team. Manly and Cronulla were named by News Corp as the most at-risk Sydney clubs.
Yet Lockyer also said the benefits of a second Brisbane team, one way or another, were undeniable.
"We've got nine clubs here in Sydney all vying for the same market share dollars, fans etc. Commercially for the game, commercially for the broadcasters, having two teams in Brisbane - which means a game every week - makes sense," he said.
"It's the delicate conversation we're going to have between now and the next broadcast deal, about, 'Well, how does that happen?' Is it going to be a Sydney club relocated? And if it is, there's going to be a lot of people upset."
Lockyer said that he expected any second Brisbane team to share Suncorp Stadium with the Broncos, rather than exist in an outer area like Redcliffe or Ipswich.
"I think what the game wants is a game in Brisbane every week and I think that's what the broadcasters want, too. The Broncos, they rate really well, so they're pretty confident if they get another Brisbane team that their ratings will go up."

A new team in Brisbane, stay at 16 clubs, Perth not a great idea....join the dots

All going real well for the NRL lol....
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

When the Chuckball “experts” I’m sure they are all not here, start referring to the AFL success, well where do they go logically?
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

Fred wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:41 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:36 pm

All going real well for the NRL lol....
its funny how the titans name keeps coming up in being axed :lol:

i mean the GC is only 45 minutes down the road from Brisbane! :lol:
and their despite for a new Brisbane team to improve ratings and income for the nrlol :-k

perth isnt a great idea as most the nrlol clubs are to poor to pay for the flights across to the west and the club cant set up a leagues club & fill it with pokes!
the financial back bone of the nrlol :lol:
AngloFootballLeague
Captain
Captain
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 6 times

Post by AngloFootballLeague »

SportCapital wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:39 pm

There's a list at the end of the story you can see where the first RL stadium ranked..

Prix Versailles Sports: Perth’s Optus Stadium wins international award for architecture and design
Bryce Luff
The West Australian

The $1.6 billion venue, which was opened in January last year, held off five other incredible stadiums to scoop the international gong - called Prix Versailles for Sports - for architecture and design.

Perth’s Optus Stadium has been named the most beautiful sporting facility in the world.Picture: Optus Stadium
A panel judged the finalists on their “innovation, creativity, reflection of local, natural and cultural heritage, and energy efficiency”.

The “values of social interaction and participation” were also among the criteria considered.

Hangzhou Sports Park Stadium in Hangzhou, China earned an award for its exterior.

In its first year, Optus Stadium hosted 43 major events, with more than two million fans flooding through the gates.

A further 100,000 will have filled the stadium for pre-season matches featuring Manchester United and Leeds United.

State of Origin & Wallabies have biggest crowds at new Perth Stadium. Rugby ground first I should think.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Just when you thought dumb couldn’t go much dumber ... enter stage left .. crapper’s dumber cousin ...
Veni, vidi, vici
Quolls2019
Coach
Coach

Post by Quolls2019 »

Anglofilly
Why do you keep posting the evidence that your local Chuckball comp is crap...but we still have internationals. And those other 3 games that chuck ballers attend out of preference?
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

AngloFootballLeague wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:05 pm
SportCapital wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:39 pm

Bryce Luff
The West Australian

State of Origin & Wallabies have biggest crowds at new Perth Stadium. Rugby ground first I should think.
There's a great little segment on play school outlining different shapes of windows. You might want to check it out.