Sydney FC fans buy less than 5,000 tickets for ANZ Stadium derby vs Wanderers

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Re: Sydney FC fans buy less than 5,000 tickets for ANZ Stadium derby vs Wanderers

Post by Swans4ever »

post_hoc wrote:
So I love how swans jumped in here to deflect away from beaussie looking look like a fool again.
Oh please I was picking up on your obviously absurd statement!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Re: Sydney FC fans buy less than 5,000 tickets for ANZ Stadium derby vs Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

Beaussie wrote:
Thresher wrote:
when the wanderers were introduced sydney fc crowds went up
Then quickly down again just like their membership base. More AFL members in Sydney than soccer members. FACT!
I submit into evidence what beaussie said more AFL members in Sydney than soccer members.

So sorry swans, like I said before bullshit.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

post_hoc wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Thresher wrote:
when the wanderers were introduced sydney fc crowds went up
Then quickly down again just like their membership base. More AFL members in Sydney than soccer members. FACT!
I submit into evidence what beaussie said more AFL members in Sydney than soccer members.

So sorry swans, like I said before bullshit.
Post hoc don't head down the crapper path of literal interpretation - it was clear he meant the top level only no one ever talks about NEAFL club members or Sydney premier club members. Total members of all comps of course your right but this isn't participation.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

we are talking NATIONAL premier League, these clubs play against interstate clubs, they also play against A League clubs, so yes, it is being literal in that Football is different to AFL, we don't include pet memberships etc, but we have National Footprints at various levels.

I know it is hard for you to understand not having AFL available anywhere else in the world, but in your non real world interpretation you would ignore any team not in the EPL. Sorry it doesn't work for football.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
TKO to Porky
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

post_hoc wrote:
we are talking NATIONAL premier League, these clubs play against interstate clubs, they also play against A League clubs, so yes, it is being literal in that Football is different to AFL, we don't include pet memberships etc, but we have National Footprints at various levels.

I know it is hard for you to understand not having AFL available anywhere else in the world, but in your non real world interpretation you would ignore any team not in the EPL. Sorry it doesn't work for football.
Put up where pet memberships are included in AFL membership! And isn't this a forum comparing sporting codes in Australia - again cherry picking as usual!
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Swans4ever wrote:
post_hoc wrote:

Put up where pet memberships are included in AFL membership! And isn't this a forum comparing sporting codes in Australia - again cherry picking as usual!
I honestly don't know how this forum could be limited to Australia, there seems to be lots of international stuff on here, but then again only League, Union and Football have any international presence so I understand why the AFL want to limit it to Australia, but then you guys looove talking about any international exposure you get, so like I said I really don't know.

How is my comment that football is different we do things different than AFL cherry picking? I used the UK as an example based on your ad-hoc definition, you would ignore any team in the lower leagues of the English football. Because that's not how we do it in AFL land LOL.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

post_hoc wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
post_hoc wrote:

I honestly don't know how this forum could be limited to Australia, there seems to be lots of international stuff on here, but then again only League, Union and Football have any international presence so I understand why the AFL want to limit it to Australia, but then you guys looove talking about any international exposure you get, so like I said I really don't know.

How is my comment that football is different we do things different than AFL cherry picking? I used the UK as an example based on your ad-hoc definition, you would ignore any team in the lower leagues of the English football. Because that's not how we do it in AFL land LOL.
Start a thread on this specifically then - but bear in mind Australia has only 23 mil people less than half of the U.K. And .5% of Europe your comparison doesn't take that into account yet the AFL for crowds compete very nicely - again your cherry picking and to not add that geographically soccer has been played in Europe for hundreds of years compared with less than 20 years in Europe it seems that your comparing apples with oranges. No one is denigrating soccer or its following but if your going to compare sports at least make relevant comparisons!
post_hoc
Coach
Coach

Post by post_hoc »

Swans4ever wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
post_hoc wrote:

Start a thread on this specifically then - but bear in mind Australia has only 23 mil people less than half of the U.K. And .5% of Europe your comparison doesn't take that into account yet the AFL for crowds compete very nicely - again your cherry picking and to not add that geographically soccer has been played in Europe for hundreds of years compared with less than 20 years in Europe it seems that your comparing apples with oranges. No one is denigrating soccer or its following but if your going to compare sports at least make relevant comparisons!
Which is exactly what i was doing, I was using beaussies point and when i included 'soccer' memberships you didn't like the answer, so you want to move the goal posts, when I pointed this out you decided to move the goal posts once again, and when i pointed that out you now want to say something about population 20 years old etc etc.

Can you AFL guys keep a coherent position on a subject for more than a single reply?
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

post_hoc wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
post_hoc wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
post_hoc wrote:

Which is exactly what i was doing, I was using beaussies point and when i included 'soccer' memberships you didn't like the answer, so you want to move the goal posts, when I pointed this out you decided to move the goal posts once again, and when i pointed that out you now want to say something about population 20 years old etc etc.

Can you AFL guys keep a coherent position on a subject for more than a single reply?
I don't think the goal posts were ever moved this forum is a fight club about RL AF Soccer and RU. This country is the only one that has all 4 where else could it relate too - I think you widen the topic so as to appear superior but when we're talking about Australia how is that relevant?
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Leagues club members would be the biggest of the lot.

You know, those places set up decades ago even before the one armed bandits were legal let alone thought of.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Leagues club members would be the biggest of the lot.

You know, those places set up decades ago even before the one armed bandits were legal let alone thought of.
Well if your going down that path the RSL is the biggest membership base in the country!
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Really.

I only see one RSL in each place usually yet see multiple leagues clubs. Oh and RSL clubs have fuck all to do with sports you ****.

Fmd you are pathetic.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Really.

I only see one RSL in each place usually yet see multiple leagues clubs. Oh and RSL clubs have fuck all to do with sports you ****.

Fmd you are pathetic.
It's hilarious how fucked up the fumble thinking is .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I like what afl crapper said in another post. Afl and nrl are set uo differently with afl having a league club culture whilst afl is membership driven. As businesses both would like to increase their revenue from the other (afl pokies nrl membership) hence somewhat of a drive from nrl to grow memberships. That is a no brainer really. Same for afl seeing an opourtunity to set up a club type of an arrangement. For both, untapped revenue sources. Same with crowds for most nrl teams and some afl teams. Suns, gws, north etc.

So not sure what the issue is really.
Veni, vidi, vici