the pathetic joke that is the NRL and Sharks

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

the pathetic joke that is the NRL and Sharks

Post by leagueiscrap »

CRONULLA have placed premiership aspirations ahead of enforcing a strong club culture by failing to condemn and sanction Andrew Fifita for his heartless campaign to support one-punch killer Kieran Loveridge.

As Fifita laughed and joked with teammates during the Sharks’ final training session of the week on Friday, club officials ignored widespread calls to stand down their star prop ahead of Cronulla’s blockbuster clash with the Storm.

The Sharks will pocket $100,000 if they beat Melbourne on Saturday night in a game which will decide the minor premiership.

Fifita sparked public condemnation after The Daily Telegraph exclusively revealed the controversial Shark had the acronym FKL — Free Kieran Loveridge or For Kieran Loveridge — written on strapping on his left wrist during at least seven NRL games this season.
In a club statement, Fifita apologised for any hurt he may have caused the Kelly family, whose son Thomas was killed by Loveridge in Kings Cross in 2012.

“I fully understand and accept the seriousness of the crime committed by Loveridge, the devastating impact it has had on the Kelly family and the need for Loveridge to serve his time,’’ Fifita said.

“I want to extend my sincere apologies to the Kelly family for any distress caused to them by having this tragic matter back in the media.’’

Fifita did not deny “FKL’’ was a message of support for Loveridge, however, he rejected the suggestion the letter F stood for the word Free.

Neither Fifita nor the Sharks could elaborate on what it represented. The latest revelations came 72 hours after Fifita was issued with a police warning for consorting with Loveridge.

In a Daily Telegraph poll, 70 per cent of respondents said Fifita should be stood down for the Storm clash.

Cronulla’s handling of the Fifita saga has again called into question the leadership and culture at the club.

Former greats Mark Geyer and Gorden Tallis said Fifita had crossed the line and should be dealt with immediately.

He is due to front the NRL integrity unit next week.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/sharks- ... 924218a3f5
Last edited by leagueiscrap on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Re: the pathetic joke that is the NRL and Sharks

Post by leagueiscrap »

Cronulla prop Andrew Fifita has denied calling for convicted one-punch killer Kieran Loveridge to be freed and has apologised to the family of Loveridge's victim.

Fifita had written the acronym FKL on his arm band during the early stages of the season, causing speculation he was calling for Loveridge to be released from prison.

Loveridge was sentenced to 13 years and eight months' jail over the fatal one-punch attack of Thomas Kelly.

Mr Kelly died in hospital two days after the attack during a night out in Kings Cross in July 2012.

A club statement said Fifita has known Loveridge since childhood and visited him in Cessnock Prison, but added the star forward "vehemently denies" the arm-band inscription was referring to Loveridge being freed.

"I fully understand and accept the seriousness of the crime committed by Loveridge, the devastating impact it has had on the Kelly family and the need for Loveridge to serve his time," the 27-year-old State Of Origin representative said.

"I want to extend my sincere apologies to the Kelly family for any distress caused to them by having this tragic matter back in the media."
Fifita was "put on notice" by NSW Police and was issued a verbal warning due to concerns about organised crime possibly infiltrating sport.

"Both the club and Andrew are totally aligned with the police and the NRL in wishing to protect the game from criminal infiltration and Andrew is fully aware of the need for him to accept the directions given to him," the Sharks statement read.

Kieran Loveridge
PHOTO: Kieran Loveridge was sentenced to 13 years and eight months for the fatal one-punch attack on Thomas Kelly. (AAP: Jane Dempster)
It is not the first time this year that the NRL has had to reiterate its stance about players affiliating with convicted criminals.

In May, Parramatta duo Corey Norman and Junior Paulo, along with fellow NRL player James Segeyaro, were issued with an official warning for allegedly consorting with convicted criminals.

It came after a photo was posted on social media allegedly showing the trio having dinner with former senior Nomad boss Paulie Younan and accused fraudster and money launderer Rafat Alameddine.

Fifita also caused outrage when he expressed support on social media for former Wests Tigers player Matthew Lodge after the latter was hit with a number of charges, including assault, following his arrest in New York City.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-02/a ... tion=sport
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

great effort from the gutless NRL commission & the sharks! for not doing a thing!
not acting on a player that is showing support for a dead shit who took a cowards punch and killed a bloke!
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh my

Hypocrite much
Firstly
Fifita is a dickhead .
Should be banned for 6 months for what he's doing .

Remember this dingbat

This is why you are considered the village idiot .
Did you criticise him
Tell me what Penalty the afl handed out .

Lol point the finger but ignore the same dickheads in your own code

Collingwood footballer Dane Swan was the star attraction at a $200-a-head dinner promoted and attended by underworld boss Mick Gatto and other gangland figures and held this week at a pizza restaurant owned by Gatto's brother.

The event on Tuesday earned Gatto's associates and Swan several thousand dollars and was attended by several other members of Gatto's ''Carlton Crew'', including fellow convicted criminal Angelo "Fat Ange" Venditti.

Gatto and Venditti both beat separate murder charges during the underworld war and Venditti has previously sparked controversy over his relationship with troubled former AFL star Ben Cousins.

Also at Coburg pizza restaurant Gatto Nero - majority owned by Gatto's brother John - were several other underworld-linked figures and members of the public.
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

Personally I don't see how it is the NRL's buisness?? He is allowed to give support to whom ever he feels - he is allowed to disagree with his friend being locked up. Nothing to see here!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Swans4ever wrote:
Personally I don't see how it is the NRL's buisness?? He is allowed to give support to whom ever he feels - he is allowed to disagree with his friend being locked up. Nothing to see here!
Well why did you turn it into a new topic ya dill?? You're nothing but an obsessed NRL hater - I suggest you get a life you demented fool.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

I am a Manly fan and I honestly envy the position Cronulla is in. They have a huge supporter base and buzz about them down in the Shire. You see Sharks supporters everywhere there.
And they will be one of the richest clubs in the NRL once their building development is finished.

They will move on from this Fifita incident just like all other controversies.
But Cronulla is far from the laughing stock it once was.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
🇦🇺 🇨🇦 🇫🇷 🇳🇿 🇬🇧
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
🇭🇲
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Terry wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
Well why did you turn it into a new topic ya dill?? You're nothing but an obsessed NRL hater - I suggest you get a life you demented fool.
Are you for fucking real - I didn't start the thread you fuckstick - nor am I criticising the NRL or the player it's a non story IMO - how about you read my post before you go off you dimwit!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Oh my

Hypocrite much
Firstly
Fifita is a dickhead .
Should be banned for 6 months for what he's doing .

Remember this dingbat

This is why you are considered the village idiot .
Did you criticise him
Tell me what Penalty the afl handed out .

Lol point the finger but ignore the same dickheads in your own code

Collingwood footballer Dane Swan was the star attraction at a $200-a-head dinner promoted and attended by underworld boss Mick Gatto and other gangland figures and held this week at a pizza restaurant owned by Gatto's brother.

The event on Tuesday earned Gatto's associates and Swan several thousand dollars and was attended by several other members of Gatto's ''Carlton Crew'', including fellow convicted criminal Angelo "Fat Ange" Venditti.

Gatto and Venditti both beat separate murder charges during the underworld war and Venditti has previously sparked controversy over his relationship with troubled former AFL star Ben Cousins.

Also at Coburg pizza restaurant Gatto Nero - majority owned by Gatto's brother John - were several other underworld-linked figures and members of the public.
What the afl do or do not do is irrelevant. This is about the nrl. ?
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Yes & I spoke about Fifita
I was also highlighting the hypocrisy of dingbat .
If you're going to take potshots at a rival code then to continually ignore the same thing in your code of choice is the height of hypocrisy

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Intentcity wrote:
Filth.
Lol coming from a Colington fan .

🤣
Xman wrote
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You leave colingwood out of this lol
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote:
I tell ya what Freddy, a dentist at a Collingwood game could get a helluva lot of appointments without much trouble.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Lol
Veni, vidi, vici
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Terry wrote:
Fred wrote:
I tell ya what Freddy, a dentist at a Collingwood game could get a helluva lot of appointments without much trouble.
Most dentists don't take Medicare cards! (Or hot electrical goods!)